Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,625    Replies: 11
"Good day everyone, I'm enrolled in a math class this semester at my college and we have just recently been assigned our main project and I have been allowed to do my project on poi spin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,192    Replies: 1
"I just got into the staff and am currently attempting to make a fire staff from scratch (a BIG upgrade from my wooden mop pole).These are the common ways i see it constructed:http://www..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,191    Replies: 10
"Alright, this is probably the 50th topic I've made regarding coloured flames, but I want to know chemicals that work to colour flames without being heated.Chemicals that have WORKEDCopp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,992    Replies: 1
"I'm wondering if anyone out there has a tried and true method for soaking fire fans with the least amount of mess. I personally like using a squeeze bottle, or individually dunking eac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,998    Replies: 11
"Hey All!I have a problem...I want to get a steel bracelet big enough for my large (manly ) hands to fit through, with a circular cross section wide enough that I'll be able to use them..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,516    Replies: 6
"HullohWas just wondering if anyone had any ideas for a clear weight?I have a rope that lights up all the way along, and is lit at the end as if it were fibre optic. When spun it looks w..."
Views: 1,352    Replies: 0
"M1090001 by hahahaufail!!!, on Flickr 2 heads on each and each head is 7 inches (5inches of it is light) each head has 6 modes RGB fast strobe Rainbow fadeWhitish/purplish/reddish colo..."
Views: 1,604    Replies: 0
"I would really appreciate collective advice on getting a really VERSATILE poi rig for fire spinning. The kind of rig you could only figure out being a veteran, whereas I am a noobzor. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,417    Replies: 12
"Right - Basically I've made a spreadsheet in which you can enter values for a few variables such as arm/poi lengths/directions, and number of spins, and it will draw a few graphs of the..."
Views: 2,204    Replies: 0
"Hi all! I'm pretty noob right now about fire dancing and there is probably other posts on this that I couldn't find but I just have a few questions.I recently saw a video on Youtube on ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,101    Replies: 14
"Turning 90 degrees in a direction. I can do both a high turn and a low turn, but when it comes too turning just 90 degrees, I'm just not sure if I'm doing it properly. When twrling forw..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,977    Replies: 12
" This has probably been answered in another thread, but since I am cautious when it comes to fire I would rather play it safe and ask again. I have been using fire poi and want to inc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,818    Replies: 12
"This is a bit odd, but I made myself a fine set of tennisball poi last night following all sorts of good advice found on HoP. (thats not the odd part - its coming)What is NOT mentioned ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,030    Replies: 4
"Hey there guys, I'm waiting for my moonblaze wicks to arrive as I type this and was hoping some people have insight on the pros and cons between blazes and fists. I ordered a set to les..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,757    Replies: 2
"I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy stockings that are good for making sock poi, like lots of them. I get good pretty stretchy ones from the local dance store, but I'd like ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,218    Replies: 8
"i was just wondering has anyone ever tried to use electro luminescent for poi cord?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,852    Replies: 3
"Hey i have been spinning for a little bit now, and love fire spinning. I really want to get my own set, but am lost with all the choices. I tried to have my friend explain the differenc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,754    Replies: 9
"Has anyone got experience with this stuff? Saw it mentioned here http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/896201/2.html Hard to believe the topic went dead! I'm looki..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,746    Replies: 15
"I'm considering picking up a set of flag poi, but looking at the ones on the site I'm really not sure what to go with. Is there a specific set of flags that are good for beginners?Thank..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,417    Replies: 2
"Hi all !!!Im planning on building my own set of triple cathedral poi as seen on HOP Triple cathedral poiThe only thing im confused with is how the middle 2 wicks work !! How do the wic..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,409    Replies: 2
"One of my current projects is to create a fire contact ball. As far as the design that's fairly easy. K1 Adhesive Kevlar Over Aluminum Tape Over A Wodden Ball.The problems are constru..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,243    Replies: 6
" Because I do a lot of throws, I like the more substantial grip that rope offers. Colecord just feels kind of insubstantial when you're using heavy heads and need to grip the cord as o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,547    Replies: 23
"Hi,I'm a research chemist who learned firebreathing a few summers back and loved it. However, the one thing that turned me off to it was the idea that even using good form, it is possib..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,451    Replies: 8
"I went out today set on making some led poi and well I've collected everything on the list except for one small problem I wasn't able to find it exactly right so here's my question.I ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,041    Replies: 2
"I was wondering what the girl is using to hold the fire in her hands in the first 30 sec of the video?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,255    Replies: 2
"Hey guys!I'm looking to build a pair of LED Juggling Clubs. I can't find them for a reasonable price online, so it's time for another DIY project!Any suggestions as to:1.) Do any guides..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,520    Replies: 6
"Hello All:I am a percussion instructor trying to figure out how to do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVdnMAGIt8.com (start at 5:57)What research I've done leads me to want to try ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,858    Replies: 16
"Pair of Concentrate LED poi headshttp://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-Concentrate-LED-poi-headsWhat Poi heads are these, who are they made by, who has any? They should ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,660    Replies: 2
"I am a fire performer in the Jacksonville, FL area. We are currently working on a permitting system for fire art performance on public property. I have corresponded with the Fire Chie..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,036    Replies: 2
"So, I want to buy a pair of Ogg poi from either Trick Concepts or Flowtoys but I really can't decide which I want. I realize flowtoys is a respectable company, but it seems like the oth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,599    Replies: 73
"I want to get a 4 flowlight set up, flowlight heads and handlesMy only qualm is that I don't plan on having cases on the handles as the cases would make them quite bulky (as far as hand..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,925    Replies: 12
"Kind of thinking out loud here, but I'm toying with ideas for making weighted practise poi before investing in actual fire poi. Probably going down the fill-a-tennis-ball-with-somethin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,174    Replies: 9
"Alright! I've just gotten into a pretty heated poi debate with my boyfriend about what a fountain is and is not. He's learning how to spin, and I've been doing it for about three years,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,095    Replies: 4
"Hy everyone, I am from Romania and I am a fire dancer!Recently I managed to find a barbecue fuel and I am afraid to use it in fire spitting because I don't know if it's safe enough for ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,095    Replies: 1
"just coming to me:Anyone aware that what we're doing (dancing with fire) at least has been considered "sacred" in ancient times?We're using fire not in its destructive context..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,300    Replies: 4
"Hi, I'm looking for some alternative fuel for fire twirling instead of using Kerosene.As our fire spinning community gets bigger n bigger every year, and especially we have high fire re..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,610    Replies: 28
"... what is it?I am finding myself standing there and trying some butterfly pattern (my arms in the same plane as the poi), going from one direction to the other and only notice half an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,047    Replies: 1
"Unfortunately I can't post them here, but if you're on FB you could connect with Andrey Das aka DAS.Reiiyye he's got the most amazing fire photography going that I personally had the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,447    Replies: 1
"What does the size of flame and its burn duration depend on?The bigger outside area poi has the bigger flame it gives?How can I influence how long itll burn? the more oil it soaks in, t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 31,374    Replies: 87
"hello guysi m looking info of how i can exhale fire but not doing fire breathingcheck the intro of this videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1yrDHRpfA4does anyone have idea about it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 12,049    Replies: 34
"I've been practicing poi since the beginning of August and i've tend to notice the shorter my poi are the more moves i can do without wacking the balls together or getting tangled. I ju..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,902    Replies: 31
"Pele, sorry in advance if that one has allready been discussed, just could not find it in the searchg section ...here is my question :do you guys throw your poiZ in the air ? is it comm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,002    Replies: 7
"i studied art and all so i know about contrasting colors and how they can "pop" to the eye.. my question is what color combinations are more appealing to the eye? specifically..."
Last Reply by
Views: 21,515    Replies: 45
"Ok - so, I've measured out my sock poi properly and I even took away one inch to allow for my cleavage - however, an inch wasn't enough.What do overflowing women do with this issue? I'v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,909    Replies: 3
"I recently bought the fire poi starter kit from the site and used the arm length method to decide my chain length. Now, I got them yesterday and I feel like the chains are too long. I a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,382    Replies: 29
"Been looking at both the rainbow fade and single color LED poi in the HoP shop, and I've been wondering if either was significantly brighter than the other during performances. I've hea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,270    Replies: 4
"I've been working away at some prototypes. The glow fans are motion responsive, with a 3-axis accelerometer controlling the colour and brightness based off how they are moved. 10 LEDs, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,314    Replies: 14
"Although I've been out of the game for a while I'm still by trade a welder and I saw a clip on youtube (from Nick of Playpoi.com) about fire poi design. I've got access to top of the l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,682    Replies: 6
"Hello there guys! (^_^)Ok, I've got me a couple of glow balls. Planning to make a Pendulum Poi set but with glow heads instead of the standard Stage Ball heads. The problem is that the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,649    Replies: 7
"Since Halloween is my favourite time of the year, I made Halloween Sock Poi. "
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter