Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Views: 3,750    Replies: 0
"Hello all. I made my own non-fire staff out of a 3/4" by 4'9" wood dowel, bicycle inner tubes, and a mix of grip and electrical tape. I chose this height because I read somewh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,939    Replies: 2
"Now that I have a bit more time to myself and the fact that I have just been paid, I want to get back into spinning.I want to make myself some new fire poi but I need your help in choos..."
Views: 3,153    Replies: 0
"Hi GuysI'm new in the jugglin ambient, and i need some advice.Which is better between contact and flex pendulum?Which lenght of the "rope" should I choose?Which the measure of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,129    Replies: 7
"Just introduced a new thing to all poi fans, hope you can like it. "
Last Reply by
Views: 7,829    Replies: 8
"My boyfriend got me a pair of custom flowlights for Christmas - I'm sharing their awesomeness. Made by Justin Conley, no website but on facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/qwer..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,872    Replies: 1
"I've just ordered a pack of flame dyes from HoP. I know it's suggested that you should use Methylated spirits/denatured alcohol as a fuel. However, I've heard that other people have use..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,129    Replies: 3
"I need info on where to buy or how to make a fire hula hoop. flaming_mad"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,298    Replies: 11
"HeyI couldn't find an old thread on the topic that would answer my question.I'm making firesnakes and want to know if the 25mm rope is good for them. I kinda like the shape of the flame..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,120    Replies: 3
"ok, i wanna make these but i wanna know some stuff...1. where do I get a chain small enough to fit between the handles and the rope.2. how do i attach a quicklink to the rope? should i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,456    Replies: 27
"hello,ive been spinning for about 6 months and i want to get some fire poi. ive seen fire snakes and i think they look like a cool idea,are they different to spinning normal fire poi?c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,336    Replies: 13
"HiIm soon planning on makeing a set of fire snakes.What i want to know is a good way of sealing the ends of the rope to stop them from freying.I saw a site where they was using some typ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,186    Replies: 1
"Whats the best source of fuel to use with this? I recieved my fire whip today and did my first burn and The fall charred and litterally broke off. I want to know why. I cannot pay $10 a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,750    Replies: 4
"I have some salts that i will be burning in the next few weeks. As I understant, i need to mix these with alcohol for a more pure color. Is there anything special I need to know regardi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 37,536    Replies: 64
"As more and more (semi)professional (fire)performers have their own website, the quality aspect of these sites is getting more and more important. I remember when we just needed a 2 pag..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,814    Replies: 2
" I was thinking of getting a green and blue one of these LED Glowsticks, Target store But when I looked at the casing, and found they took 3 A76 batts I wasn't so sure anymore. Cause ..."
Views: 1,842    Replies: 0
"Hi! I made a skeleton dragon staff but is now faced with the problem. I do not know how much the length / width of the tape I want to use. Can anyone recommend the best option? Please f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,079    Replies: 5
"S"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,085    Replies: 2
"what's the difference between these two handles and chains?http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-ProAir-Oval-Chain-Cordshttp://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,039    Replies: 30
"hey all,I'm wondering what kind of poi handles ppl who do a lot of throws use?descriptions? experiences? I've been thinking about getting into throws, but with my current lightweight tw..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,729    Replies: 6
"Last night I had my first burn and I used tiki torch fuel and it worked. This may be a dumb question, but are the poi supposed to turn black afterwards or not?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,577    Replies: 2
"I've got a question to put to you guys, my ball chain on my fire set is getting to the end of its lifespan, it's served me well for a year or two and I'll probably just replace it with ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,397    Replies: 11
"Adam / TwistI just read with great interest your posts in the ball chain thread. You mean to tell me I can buy a swage / crimping tool?Tell me more... please I made myself a set of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,918    Replies: 3
"Hi guys.I just purchased my first fire staff, and ordered it with the red grip, and the center marked black. I used paraffin, or lamp oil if you prefer, as the fuel, and it worked nice...."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,165    Replies: 5
"Hey, I've been doing poi on and off for about 4 or 5 years now. I'm just now getting back into it on a much more higher level. I'm relearning older moves relatively easier and on my way..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,915    Replies: 11
"Hey!I'm certain I want to a buy a contact poi set with 80mm balls. I just can't decide between Pendulumpoi http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-Pendulum-Contact-Poi-with..."
Views: 2,575    Replies: 0
"Hi,I'm interested in writing Poi STF Theory coder in python programminglanguage.This computer graphical application would be capable to endodedsequoentialy patterns and produce pattern ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,485    Replies: 1
"Hi there, I have really taken an interest in poi and my flowtoys and really want to make it a big hobby of mine. So i went an ordered flowlights with the flowmass and cases, along with ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,276    Replies: 8
"Yes, Hello there, So I want to make my own Pro Series Chain Cords because I think it would be cheaper - My question is where to find some heavy duty split rings that are the same size a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,092    Replies: 1
"I'm planning on whipping up a firestaff soon. I've found several tutorials on how to create the tube wicks I see most people using. However, I've seen several staves where the wicks loo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,779    Replies: 3
"ive been looking at a few videos of the eco poi monster heads and theyre amazing but way outta my price range. anyone know what braid is used or how to tie it? i know they use a special..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,923    Replies: 4
"I recently played with my friend's hyperloop cones, and to my knowledge, hyperloop cones are no longer being made (unless someone knows otherwise).Does anyone know of somewhere that I c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,170    Replies: 3
"One day, I had my shopping cart ready to go. The next day I log in to pay and the 30X mode glow balls have disappeared from my cart and they are no longer listed on the product pages.In..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,798    Replies: 8
"Greetings! I am fresh here to the board and thought I'd ask for some advise! As the Subject headliner reads, I am making a pair of 120mm x 120mm x 70mm cathedral poi! The heads are alre..."
Views: 2,156    Replies: 0
"has anyone tried the new HOP contact balls with the embedded swivels? how are they? my trusty set of contact poi are looking a bit battered now and I'm thinking of rebuilding them..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,055    Replies: 4
"Does anyone know of a fuel/additive that will produce a pure white (and safe) flame? I'm guessing something like magnesium in meths but if anyone has done it before and knows what they ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,633    Replies: 1
"My friend makes fire swords, but doesnt know how to make a fire shield. How do you construct one?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,433    Replies: 16
"Hello. I am a toss juggler, and I have been playing around with the juggling animator, "Jongl," lately. I found an interesting prop in the program. It is three sticks with ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,375    Replies: 6
"Searched the forums (and the web at large, actually) and didn't find much info on this, so I thought I'd ask: How do you fuel your toys? I'm using poi so answers on that topic will be t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,214    Replies: 4
"I have been playing with Poi in general now for about four years but this is the first time i have ever tried to do fire poi. I have noticed that with the speed and moves that i use for..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,231    Replies: 45
"Ok so I have had my Cathedral wicks for some time now, they have a lot of life left but I want some bigger fire poi. I don't want Isis because I feel like they may be a bit to much for ..."
Views: 3,216    Replies: 0
"Hey guys,I have just moved to London from Australia and need to find the best fuel to use for my performances. I am a burlesque performer and only really do body burning and a little e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 44,240    Replies: 46
"(this is a double post i have already put it as a reply to somone i just thought it may be usfull in hear if not i will deleat ) if someone could spell check this for me I would be mo..."
Views: 2,150    Replies: 0
" This is a trick that helped me make my quick links on my poi stay together better. "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,096    Replies: 3
"After discovering my affinity for heavier poi with the first purchase of some cathedrals, I'm having a hardish time spinning with my much lighter glow poi. Does anyone have any ideas as..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,902    Replies: 21
"hi everyone,The lovely Arsn gave me a whip recently, and I havent been able to easily put it down (in fact the only thing that did make me stop playing with it was blisters ). Im lookin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 30,053    Replies: 40
"It's my birthday in oct, and I'm after glowpoi. I've informed my mother of this, and was met with much over the phone....I will have bday money from both her and my dad (The joys of d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,772    Replies: 6
"I was sitting on my bed, thinking about how fun it would be to learn how to use a staff, but I didn't know where to get one. Then my eyes drifted over to the edge of my bedroom, and I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,047    Replies: 8
"yesterday i finished crocheting one of a set of sock stripey poi. i've started on the second one now, but thought i'd take a pic of the finished one & post the pattern if anyone els..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,737    Replies: 9
"Ive just converted from Glow POI to Fire POI recently, i was wondering if perhaps i put some sort of Kevlar sleeve on to do arm wraps and what not would this be ok?PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,252    Replies: 4
"hello,does anyone know where you can buy clothing made of NOMEX? it's a fabric that's nearly impossible to set on fire. i met a fire performer at burning man who was wearing NOMEX pan..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter