Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,173    Replies: 2
"ok i'm looking to get hold of some Ripstop nylon fabric. And i don't seem to be getting anyware..Need to fix my trusty poi.. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,634    Replies: 6
"Genereally, are your fire chains much heavier than non fire ones? Mine are really heavy and unweildy.do you practice on your fire ones generally (unlit) or move on to them once you can ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,746    Replies: 3
"Where do I buy chain...spent a whole day in the city looking for what I thought would be the easieast part of my fire poi to buy and to no avail. It was all shoddy..from the hardware st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,842    Replies: 21
"For you experianced fire-breathers...I'm getting into fire-breathing. I haven't started yet, but I sure am interested! My dad said I can't start until I get some info on the dangers of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,913    Replies: 53
"does anyone have a recipe for any coloured flames that don't involve using super toxic chemicals? Cause the ones I have looked at all sound a lot worse in the toxicity department than ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,634    Replies: 11
"Hi all!I saw the pictures in the galleries and I was pretty impressed.When I decided to try shooting firepoi myself I was totally dissapointed with the result.I have a Canon A1 35mm cam..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,204    Replies: 10
"Hey, Made my first set on real deal poi, with chains and handles (I had been using socks on shoelaces for months). Thought I would share some ideas that worked well.1. For the handl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,300    Replies: 30
"Love the beaming poi, great fun. Except I am just starting to learn so I still hit myself every once in a while... Couldn't we like, put some soft translucent rubber on the outside or s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,360    Replies: 1
"Anyone Know what Happened to the Glow poi from the shop..... i really want them back...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,569    Replies: 2
"right..i had a quick search for any ideas but it came up with nothing..so i thought i would start this one..right, ideas for what to put your globalls in are as follows..small washing m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,019    Replies: 4
"I took up poi about 6 months ago and recently promoted myself to fire spinner (yay me!!) and the other day I found the coolest laser effect attachments to use as poi. I wanted somethin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,674    Replies: 2
"Has anybody else been spinning at altitude?? I am living in La Paz at the moment...which is at about 3500m....and the problem is that there is not so much oxygen at this altitude...and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,698    Replies: 1
"Heya all...i'm sort of new to the forum (and to the site now i come to think about it).Anyway here i am. My question: i've got a completely manual camera and would like to know if there..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,787    Replies: 5
"This is is folks....the final trivia question.....What connects the ball chain to the quick links? Whoever can answer gets a hug.(I've seen ball chain connectors in my local hardware ma..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,804    Replies: 10
"I've got one thats coming apart somehow and I don't know how to tie them . Can I retie an old knot without worrying about it coming undone?"
Views: 2,118    Replies: 0
"Just made a staff and thought I'd share the process and prices. NOTE: I live in sweden so the prizes is for the swedish market. All prices and mesurements in US values are NOT exact.Thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,823    Replies: 1
" MisStix,could you give me a bit more detail about how yuo made your poi? I have currently got a tennis ball with a bloody big ring in the end of it tied to a piece of bright yell..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,311    Replies: 1
"what is a better option?"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,006    Replies: 5
"I have an unusual set of wooden handles on my poi built by my crazy woman friend. Since then I've made some changes to them, rechaining, re-wicking... But the handles always remainTo th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,197    Replies: 1
"i KNOW this question has been asked but i wanted a more indepth answerWhen breaking in new wicks i believe you are supposed to soak the wick first then burn it off and repeat a few time..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,742    Replies: 2
"I just got my spinning fire clubs from HoP and I have a few questions:1) What is the correct way to hold them? I tried holding them between my middle and ring fingers which gives the c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,323    Replies: 6
" hey everyone (im a new member) i am new 2 poi n i have gotten myself a homemade poi set from someone i know for $6.50 (australian). this set has a double loop of leather to hold, a ch..."
Views: 1,230    Replies: 0
"what would be some good music to listen 2 when doing/practising poi?? and i think ive seen this um where b4, but what are sum good glowstik colours?? and id like to know more about glow..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,383    Replies: 6
"hello alli have a friend designing a flyer for me, that got me wondering if any of yall have one you'd like to share here. if so, i would love to see it! i'll post mine here when it's d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,282    Replies: 1
"Anybody tried using YoYo Flashers as poi, or taken out the light when the ball is broken and attached them to string.They have recently been banned in the UK as they may (read never has..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,209    Replies: 8
"What do you do with old wick heads?I had a ton of them laying around, ended up throwing them away but thinking they might have been better if I had have used them to experiment with new..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,610    Replies: 2
"I have been breathing for about a month or so and am fully aware of the risks and how bad it is but I'm fully happy doing it so before anyone goes through the be careful or 'you could d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,337    Replies: 6
"Ok, here's the deal. I am stuck in this little village in Tamil Nadu in south India . Yesterday I bought some really nice Indian silk to make some flags out of. The probl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,641    Replies: 14
"I may be silly for even suggesting this idea but has there ever been consideration of making bigger beaming poi? They're what 2-1/2" round now but what about maybe making some 4" or 5" ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,144    Replies: 12
"Hey all, I've been working on my groups web-page (www.hugbubble.co.uk) for a while now. Using Dreamweaver mainly but also typing in some code by hand.I've been trying to work out how to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,680    Replies: 14
"hey everyone i know this is like what i posted in social but i dont know how to change were it is i am hoping it you will let it slip. Does anyone know how Methylated spi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,400    Replies: 20
"Those of you who perform for paid gigs or whatever, do you have a public liability insurance? Or is an arrangement made with the venue for covering your performance?If you do have publ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,855    Replies: 6
"At a concert I went to a few weeks back I had the opportunity to speak with a linguist. When we discussed what I do, and I said I use Staves, I was complimented for my use of language.A..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,827    Replies: 14
"I thought I'd share something I've learnt to save unnecessary pain for you gentlemen. After some beautifully aimed and well powered poi right in the family jewels I sat (I was sat for a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,763    Replies: 5
"hello, I loocked your picturs, and I am wondering what you use for burn your fire poi????J'ai vu tes photos, et je me demandé qu'est que tu metté sur tes poi pour faire d'aussi grande..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,364    Replies: 12
"Hey guys,I am running some vague costume ideas through my head at the moment and need some suggestions. Some of the moves I am doing at the moment are very bellydance-ish. I would lik..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,848    Replies: 2
"i recently tryed using boric acid to make a blue flame after i read about it on a web site but all it did was bubblegot any tips on what i can use to change the colour of the flamethanx..."
Views: 1,612    Replies: 0
"i recently tryed using boric acid to make a blue flame after i read about it on a web site but all it did was bubblegot any tips on what i can use to change the colour of the flamethanx..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,361    Replies: 15
"Can someone tell me where to buy glow sticks? Preferably someone in Austrlia, better if they are in Brisbane"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,180    Replies: 1
"hello!!!!I would know how get a green and a blue fire??Thank you"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,042    Replies: 26
"Ok I know i'm getting a fire poi set and a fire staff for christmas!! I'm not planning on lighting up right away but I wanted to get them so I could start practising with them, so when ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,011    Replies: 6
"Is there any sort of notation for moves? I'm just learning, and I'm trying to make sure I've covered all the possible ways to do a particular thing before I start worrying about anythin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,377    Replies: 18
"Hello, I need some help, I have read lots of discussions about lengths of staves and such, what I want feedback on is what the inner core staff on this site is like and has anyone fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,279    Replies: 14
"You know how people roll the staff quickly between two palms to make a fireball when they start? I saw this to the nth degree last night. This guy wrapped a piece of rope about a mete..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,168    Replies: 6
"allright,so the time has come.i'm finally making my own fire poi and staff.until recently i was dead set on kevlar wicks. now other materials such as denim, towel and cotton belts have ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,095    Replies: 9
"I have recently made myself a fire staff and am using kerosene as a fuel. But I don't know how I am meant to store my staff. Am I meant to do something with it after use, such as clea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,030    Replies: 2
"hi folks,So i havent been doing poi to long but no matter what i try to do i cant seem to figure it out the only trick i can seem to manage is the butterfly and i am having great troubl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,454    Replies: 9
"Ive been planning to buy some beaming poi but after reading a few threads about them, Im getting kinda scared. Hearing terms like 'ball of plastic death' isnt too comforting to someo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,849    Replies: 5
"Mr. Malcolm... is there a way that you can in all your genius whip up an electroglow staff. I guess the best way would be to basically use two of your electroglow batons and one of you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,452    Replies: 7
"Hi,At performances I am hjaving trouble finding a reliale way of lighting my staff I was wondering what everyone else uses.Warm wishes,Scarlett"
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter