Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,703    Replies: 1
"I love when it has the 2.5 second trails so you can see the light with the persistence of vision... what setting/camera/effects are best for this? Thanks! P.S. The cheaper the better......"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,408    Replies: 12
"i was looking at the tribal neon dance paint and i was wondering if anyone has thought to make blacklight emitting poi or contact staffs or contact juggling balls which would light up t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,512    Replies: 5
"Hi all,I've been spinning for a little over 6 months. I bought myself some flowlights, and I've enjoyed modding them and changing the LED colors. However, I just can't seem to find a pu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,171    Replies: 11
"hola, este mensaje va destinado a todos aquellas personas que hablan Español;Soy una chica española,llevo varios años haciendo swing con fuego y nunca antes encontre una web relacion..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,976    Replies: 13
"Okay so basically several friends and myself were chillin a few nights ago, and someone brought up the concept of helium poi. They were trying to say that it would be possible to revers..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,317    Replies: 2
"Hello everyone. My partner and I are in Turkey at the moment and I am desperate to find a shop that sell kevlar wick. We are in kusadasi, but any shop any where will do. Thanks in advan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,598    Replies: 3
"I'm looking for a fuel that's good for indoor use. After searching, I found white gas burns very cleanly, but is more dangerous than usual because of its low flash point.Kerosene appear..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,353    Replies: 1
"Hey all!I'm looking at making a fire flag similar to like a marching band color guard flag. I will be using a 6' pole and a 35" x 52" fire-flag area.Key decisions I need to m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,744    Replies: 9
"I havent been able to locate any of these.. anyone know where I could find these? I know they have them in flashlights and pens.. I was wondering where I could find just the leds?"
Views: 2,970    Replies: 0
"Hello,I'm planning to build an "eternal flame" for the Fire Conclave at Afrikaburn. The group has decided that it will essentially be a paraffin fueled lantern, in a decorati..."
Views: 1,950    Replies: 0
"Does anyone have a good template/pattern or tips for making cone poi?"
Last Reply by
Views: 30,282    Replies: 34
"Ok, so everyone knows about steel wool and all that stuff... and the inherrent dangers and such.Well it's not good enough for small areas, or wraps, or other cool things we could be doi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,216    Replies: 1
"Hi, I am making a fire sculpture and need to set fire to a whole lot of metal rods.. I am looking for a fire gel to apply to it if the gel is available anywhere.. Otherwise I am lookin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,681    Replies: 2
"Hello. I started poi in my teenage years with my sisters. We would proform at a couple of local pow wows in the past, but because of my sister's health, we are not able to do it any m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,091    Replies: 4
"How heavy are your sock poi?Wondering how much weight should I out into my newly bought sock poi? I don't want them too bouncy, but heavy enough to be stabile.How do you fill in your dr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,620    Replies: 8
"Im think if buying a new staff or making one myself, if i decide for the second option i was woundering wich kind of wood should i use or if its recomendable no wood at all, because i h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,801    Replies: 34
"Okay so I spend a while winding a cage, I stuffed the steel wool in, dipped it in kero and lit up. Expecting it to just go 'whooosh!'...I didn't at all... What went wrong with that?"
Last Reply by
Views: 20,287    Replies: 9
"Im suprised there has been no threads on this. What camera settings are best to capture enough light trails from fire and glow poi so it looks good but not overly bright/dullI dont kno..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,395    Replies: 7
"Hello everybody. Let me preface this post with the following. I have no experience handling and a little knowledge of the construction of fire toys. I am planning to build a breakdown f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,957    Replies: 1
"does anyone know of any good alternatives to kevlar rope wick? i am looking for something i could possibly pick up at a hardware store or someplace instead of from the internet. i wanna..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,527    Replies: 5
"Hey,I'm thinking about getting in to Meteor hammers, right now i do Ropedart and some devil sticks, and i was curious about other people's preferences with their meteor hammers, mainly ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,548    Replies: 7
"Hello all! I've had this idea for a long time now and I've been somewhat clueless on how I would go about doing it. I really love meteor and poi, my 2 favorite toys. And I want a pair o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,605    Replies: 1
"I have a set of fire poi with 3" cylindrical heads. I'm wondering if anyone's either found or made LED heads that attach to regular fire heads. My hope is to find/make something th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,254    Replies: 5
"If you go down to the dollar store, sometimes they have chemical "glow-sticks". Some of these even come with ribbons, probably meant for hanging them around your neck. All you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,219    Replies: 10
"I was in Long Beach for Thanksgiving and noticed something disturbing when I timed myself. For each burn, my kevlar wicks only lasted 2 minutes. I'd never timed myself before, so I don'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,994    Replies: 1
"Whats your fave set up?I'm looking for handles, body, weight ratio and fastening type.Mine are counter weights on Flow handles with swivels, the body of my poi hold a juggling ball each..."
Views: 2,863    Replies: 0
"Ive been grinding with metal rods as a 'newbie' for too long now and I want to up my game for performance with a belt/ crotch plate. However, I am at a loss as to how I go about this!..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,214    Replies: 4
"hi friends. i recently saw someone mention that they were trying out throwing moves with fire poi. i'm still fairly fresh at poi (a few months), and not really looking to light until i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,561    Replies: 2
"Dear Home of Poi users,I just bought my first staff and poi and I'd like to use them. I read the information about the fuel and stuff however my friend (who is a pro) I only should use ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,108    Replies: 1
"Okay so I know that there have been a bunch of posts on contact staff grips, but this one is a little bit more specific.I recently started trying contact staff. (about 2 months)I bought..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,088    Replies: 1
"Hi guys, im new to the forum, but a quick question maybe you guys can help me, so ive been spinning for a good year and a half now but have recently bought myself a new staff, ive soake..."
Last Reply by
Views: 34,369    Replies: 39
"http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Single-Ninja-LED-PoiAnyone play with these yet? I would want/need to make them heavier. It looks like the rings slide up and down (or at l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,325    Replies: 3
"So, I've been asking this question on a few other forums to try and gain some perspective on a fire meteor build. While I am not trying to slam HoP's own design, I have to start by say..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,572    Replies: 18
"Hey guys! I have done a little bit of snooping around on the web and have come across a lethal combination of very cheap things that can greatly enhance the bags of tricks that most of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 23,356    Replies: 10
"Hi every one, I am looking at buying a LED staff, I will end up buying off the net. But with out seeing one it is very hard to work out what the quality is like and what the LED program..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,188    Replies: 3
"Hi everyone,I (re)discovered the art of spinning during a trip in Asia last spring and i got pretty addicted ever since. I bought a pair of medium cathedral poi in a small shop in Koh P..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,578    Replies: 4
"Hey guys check out a new flow toy I just got in! I picked it up at a local shop for less than $40, and these things are cool. Check these out, One AAA battery and I was ready to go! htt..."
Views: 2,801    Replies: 0
"Hey Guys,we are off to kuwait in a couple of weeks for some fire spinning and i was wondering if anyone knew the name/brand for parafin out there?Cheers"
Views: 2,093    Replies: 0
"I am looking for a double ended fire flowand, and need some advice. I have found one from Salza, but people keep saying that I shouldn't buy from Salza. I have found a few others, but t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,159    Replies: 5
"http://www.flickr.com/photos/vigo-universal/6127466010/Does anyone knows how this effect is created? It seems as if he is pouring fire to the ground. I suppose he put some kind of liqui..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,808    Replies: 3
"what do you guys thing about the directions for fire chains at Domorepoi i get some but i don't wana spend 80$$ on them... or anyone have any tips? "
Views: 2,635    Replies: 0
"hello i have a single snake poi since i only have one hand...... it was a hand me down apparatus that i excelled with. it consists of a kevlar rope wick 1 inch thick and 1 foot long wit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 213,768    Replies: 162
"No matter what toy you have but how many and what kind.I myself have a pair or rainbow led poi balls in Aurora socks, Pro series led poi balls in jail house sock, Plus 2 extra pairs of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,990    Replies: 2
"Hello I am intermediate rope darter in San Francisco and I need to replace my cotton rope. I keep hearing a lot of great things about hemp and I am interested in use that. Problem is I ..."
Views: 2,064    Replies: 0
"there are one or two of these already but they didnt ask the specific questions im wondering about. i need some practice poi, figure i might try doing a little contact poi. ya know, tak..."
Last Reply by
Views: 25,427    Replies: 20
"I've just finished making my first DIY-electronics project: A fully programmable LED-glow staff. Follow this link for details, pictures, and a video: LINK I've never blogged online an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,863    Replies: 36
"Hey FolksWas just watching thishttp://www.michaelmoschen.com/movies/player_curves.htmland i thought. I want some curved sticks.Any ideas what metal would be bestest for bending/maintain..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,692    Replies: 2
"So about a month after i started spinning, i started sewing my own "sock poi" out of, what i guess you would call linen, idk. i started with tennis balls and golf balls as wei..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,291    Replies: 4
"Anybody using the Flowcord from Flowtoys? I've only had them for two weeks now but I can't stand how easily they tangle."
Views: 2,051    Replies: 0
"Hello I am about to buy a pair of contact poi and would like to do orbitals, I was wondering if anyone knew if the PX3 6mm or the PX3 8mm cord would be better for orbitals?"
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter