Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,283    Replies: 7
"A friend of mine just pointed me in the direction of PoiPlay.. they look pretty promising! "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,887    Replies: 8
"I was having a spin with my crew last night and noticed something interesting - and wondered if it has any basis in fact, science, experience, or we were high on fumes and had a group h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 53,633    Replies: 158
"well, they've done it.rgb (i.e can produce any colour you care to imagine), *fully* programmable (via usb pc link) aerotech equipment has arrived at last anyone who saw the london jugg..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,362    Replies: 3
"HiI want to buy a roll of kevlar to make some fire staff and torchesI was wondering if anyone have ever tried both?which one absorbs more gas?Thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 18,495    Replies: 88
"SO i just found out that Aerotech are not gonna be making staffs anymore. In fact, oif you want one then today is the last day you can order one In light of this news...I have a questio..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,690    Replies: 15
"I was wondering if anyone out there had any equipment by Yoho? Particularly the staffs, cos I want to know if you can REALLY get an LED staff for £9.99? Does anyone else have this staf..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,881    Replies: 34
"I was just wondering the poorest cheapest and most ghetto toy you have ever made wasfor me it was a welding rod with gauze pad wrapped around it then wire around that for keeping it on...."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,264    Replies: 7
"Hi everybody!I'm a beginner poi spinner, with just some experience. I train mostly with homemade sock poi, and I've been looking for some interesting poi set. Still, i can do moves like..."
Views: 2,853    Replies: 1
"*IF THIS WAS ALREADY POSTED..... DELETE THE BLIMING THING!*I am wondering who has made their own poi heads, and what did you make. I am wracking my brain to come up with some new goodi..."
Views: 1,016    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,067    Replies: 10
"(mods feel free to move this if it's not in the right spot...)I'm just about to start a course in sword techniques, and obviously have thought about the translation of some of the techn..."
Views: 24,706    Replies: 27
"Help!! I'm planning on making kevlar rope poi with monkey fist knots at the end.Has anyone got advise on making them? What's got me stuck is the amount of kevlar rope needed for the who..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,724    Replies: 21
"right ok peps i am new here, and when i origanly joined it was with the intention of finding out a little about black bush poi...but all i found was the normal health warnings and a few..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,711    Replies: 6
"I tied a monkey's fist in a long rope, and made a little figure-eight knot in the other end. When the monkey's fist rests on the floor, the rope comes up to my chest. It's too lopside..."
Last Reply by
Views: 25,864    Replies: 38
"*** disclaimer-type-thing ***I do not recommend this design to anyone - it is provided as inspiration and as an idea to develope. As you can see from the other pics on the page, THESE ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,849    Replies: 8
"I bought the Oggz triple pack for £30 then modified 2 of the oggz myself to make them into poi. I went to a DIY store and had holes punched in the same side as the charger and fitted ..."
Views: 7,556    Replies: 13
"Been poing (?) for a while now, and am thinking of moving up to fire.... I noticed the local fire spinners using different types of poi heads, monkey fist, cathedral, isis, etc.Is there..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,620    Replies: 5
"I finished this yesterday so i can easily carry my staff at BurningMan The clips hold it really tightly and its secured to the frame of the bike. We'll see how it holds up.Any one try ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,636    Replies: 4
"I have HoP jailhouse poi, Strobing Glowy Poi at the end of nylon, and Green beamers with oval link chains so far. I like practicing with the jailhouse poi, but thier glowyness doesn't e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,968    Replies: 3
"My biggest problem with my poi is that while I spin rather quickly with glow poi, my fire poi get very heavy with all the hardware and fuel. So i went down to the hardware store and did..."
Views: 2,059    Replies: 2
"Hellooo!I'm new here, and I'm looking for a bit of advise for fire poiI've been spinning for about 2 years now, and I think it's time to take the plunge and get my first set of fire poi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,296    Replies: 10
"I'm looking for a cheap source of kevlar. I'm looking to buy at least one roll to start with but will probably get more, Someone got any ideas? "
Last Reply by
Views: 5,189    Replies: 16
"I have seen a lot of good ones from Nick Woolsey and other people but i recently found these on flowtoys picturesCredit goes to Jon AlienAlien Jon, 9 petal+extension Alien Jon, 6 petals..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,700    Replies: 1
"I just got these two on Tai Chi Sword techniques at the moment.If you got any more resources, please post them here. I'm thirsting for input, download and study of moves for all discipl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,463    Replies: 6
"Im currently constructing a pair of fire swords, their being made from aluminum pole but what i'd like advice on is the wick should i wrap wick around the pole or should i make a sleev..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,342    Replies: 8
"Taken from www.flowtoys.comFLOWTOYS AT HARMONY FESTIVAL 6-8 JUNE WITH NEW FLOWLIGHT COLORS AND PRE-RELEASE OF ALL NEW MODULAR SYSTEM!!!: Flowtoys will be launching 4 new flowlight elem..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,971    Replies: 3
"Hello, kind people.I really have a hard time finding great led poi, because I generally hate sticks and I never feel like shelling out money to order online. But. I was at Radio Shack, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,227    Replies: 1
"How much weight does 'flowmass' add to a flowpoi duo rig and what is the weight of each flowpoi duo? I am used to spinning oggpoi but am edging towards flowpoi duo now the price of hyp..."
Views: 3,137    Replies: 12
"So far I favoured heavy staff with a good grippy grip.... but here in Dharamsala there is no supply with (reasonable) staff and I couldn't take much luggage (on the bike)....So I bought..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,061    Replies: 4
"I thought that making a list of glow/led poi would be a good referenceHOP 'beaming balls' -4600mcdHOP white lightwand -8000mcd Aerotech ultimates (proballs) -12500mcdOggpoi - ?????Flow..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,999    Replies: 10
"ello, i am looking into buying some fire poi, i havent as yet, because i already cart round ma sock poi, and all my contact balls so i barely have room!! it is time though, transportati..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,982    Replies: 29
"So i have three aerotech programmable juggling balls. part of the reason i got them (other than the fact they LOOK amazing obviously) is because i was really quite turned on by the idea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,291    Replies: 6
"I have recently taken an interest in this poi stuff and am considering buying my first set. But what to choose?!I really like the daytime/"fabric" poi and I've seen variations of it on ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,400    Replies: 6
"hey everyone. hope you are all having a great month of may. anywho, I got some awesome jailhouse sock poi with the soft glow LED balls in it for my birthday on the 7th. I just notice..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,397    Replies: 18
"i was thinking maybe i could get some sort of chemical or glove type thing that i could apply to my fingers and when i rub it together it makes a spark or a flame. and to go with it a s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,874    Replies: 2
"Okay... so i've been making my own cathedral heads for a while now. Honestly, I'm a little bored with it and I'd like to make a pair of moonblaze heads because I like their burn better..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,160    Replies: 6
"Hey everyone,Have been spinning for about a year and a half now and am really interested in trying sparkle poi. Have had a bit of a look around for safety tips and apart from the obviou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,796    Replies: 4
"i was looking for some new poi that where generally a little different from your average poi and i came across speevers.com they sell double headed socks that you can weight yourself a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,504    Replies: 16
"okay so i recently discovered an EXCELLENT training tool - your own shadow! in the places of which i practice, being my room at the house and my local park, in both places if you line ..."
Views: 3,530    Replies: 0
"I just can't find any webdesigner (that I can afford) as it seems... they are either busy or not born yet. So I am just browsing the net, trying to get ideas for my new site (besides ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,627    Replies: 8
"I recently came across the Stardass poi, a fibre optic glow poi. I really like this one, but it turns out to have a rubber protection ball. And I have a rubber/latex allergy, which mean..."
Views: 2,452    Replies: 0
"...for anyone wanting to contribute to the open source part of the HyperLight project (which will also support loading patterns for other glow tows as long as someone writes an adapter)..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,289    Replies: 48
"What qualities do you look for when choosing music to spin to, for performance or enjoyment?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,439    Replies: 15
"I have found these Poi for sale for £35. Are they the 'Isis poi' that i have heard good things about?Also are the cords, connections and handles good bad or ugly for the pricehttp://a8..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,183    Replies: 12
"Does anyone have any thoughts on Flow Lights? I think they look incredible and i need something to hold me over untill hyperlights are ready. For those of you who dont know what they ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,897    Replies: 11
"First off, a sincere apology if this has been posted. My HoP searches on this subject have been fruitless.I am looking for a type of chemical or substance to have in an open can. Duri..."
Views: 2,566    Replies: 0
"I'm in the mood to be doing some re-decorating of some of my performance props and I’m really desperate to get my hands on a supplier of glitter tape in Australia. I'm specifically lo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,730    Replies: 6
"Hi all, first post here.I've decided on purchasing my first fire poi set after spinning with friends a few times (using home made sets so I'm not really sure what they were, light thoug..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,142    Replies: 6
"What would be the best way to cover poi heads after a spin. I wont have time to get the kerosene out by soaking in water so normal head covers wont do.Would the best way be to just cov..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,596    Replies: 46
"If you've been to Play or the last couple of Nuneaton meets, you've probably seen my previous prototypes in action.I've nearly completed the third set of prototypes, and I'll be taking ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter