Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 43,144    Replies: 128
"Seems like a while since I've posted a progress update so here we go! Whilst things have been outwardly rather quiet, I've been working hard behind closed doors:The electronics have had..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,047    Replies: 5
"I have an idea for a powder that could produce nice sparkly poi effect without shoot massive amounts of molten steel round the place. This magical stuff is peat. I had a flash back ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,118    Replies: 4
"Bonjour , good morning !!!tried fire eating yesterday during this one crazily long session of mine with friends and it felt real good. I did not dare to combine it with poi yet and was ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,458    Replies: 5
"DON'T HURT ME! AAAAHok, now, I know all about the coloured flames, k? But i thought it would be ultra spiffy if i could find some place that sold candles with coloured flames, because t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,272    Replies: 4
"After many moons and lots of promises I finally finished the fire breathing article and FAQ!!! YAY!!!So anyway, Malcolm graciously has put it up on the site, with all the disclaimers a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,508    Replies: 11
"Ok, I think I got this move down but Im not 100% sure Im doing it correctly. How many beats go on each side? What Im doing right now looks pretty good but it seems Im doing an extra b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,356    Replies: 3
"Just a quick question needing a quick (but preferably explored and expanded) answer.I've heard all about these 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 etc etc beat weaves but never a four. Does a fabled 4 beat w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,404    Replies: 11
"basically as it says in the title, can'y seem to do anything except hitting myself in the face! it would be nice to have some teeth left"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,278    Replies: 11
"i have been thinking lately of diferent poi heads and what woudl be easy for people to find lying around there house, so i thought of the coke can head, drill a hole across where the ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,751    Replies: 6
"hi guys,I was wondering about the idea of making monkey fists head for my staffs.There are a few reasons for this.1. monkey fists burn more time than tube core as far as I know.2. I thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,687    Replies: 5
"been trying to get the 5 beat backwards, got it on the right side but the left i only do 3 and end up wrapping the chain round my wrist, any advice???"
Last Reply by
Views: 16,225    Replies: 30
"Sorry if this has been done before, I searched but couldnt find anything.So which do you perfer, ballchains or linkchains?I had a play around with both in the shop when buying my fires ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,312    Replies: 12
"I have a poi with a foot and half long chain. I made it because I like using both hands. But now I want to convert it to a rope dart. Should I extend the chain with more chain or add a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,321    Replies: 15
"hey fellow spinners!im looking at obtaining some monkey fist poi... i've gone down to juggleart in melbourne but they wernt helpful at all..now i see this site has em for sale... any co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,047    Replies: 2
"I would really like to get into using snakes, but I havn't seen any online that fit what I want, and I am totally useless when it comes to DIY. So I was wondering if anyone here would b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,514    Replies: 6
"I'm not on here much... or at all for that matter, but a quick question regarding flowlights and there crystal cases.is a flowlight alone equal to the weight of a tennis ball, or will y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,752    Replies: 13
"What sock material would be good for orbitals? So far i can only do orbitals with colecord, my hyperloop socks are great, but the material sort of slips instead of grabs. Also they do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,132    Replies: 11
"Has anyone ever tried it. Could be fun. Better learn to slackline. :-)------------------ o//@ CLIMB!< \"
Last Reply by
Views: 8,132    Replies: 16
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h08wx0dtWT0Loving this whole Firework Poi scene I've been seeing. I want in =) This fourth of July I will do so. I know that those fireworks are fountains..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,038    Replies: 7
"I've heard that there are various methods of changing from oil to alcohol fuels and vice versa, they are:1. Use the new fuel for one or two burns and allow the previous fuel to burn out..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,901    Replies: 9
"Alrighty, I'm new here (hello) and I've been having issues with coloured salts. I've been experimenting in mostly very cold and not-as-cold situations, but I have used warming-baths to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,121    Replies: 14
"yeh um my names josh or JD as somepoeople call me!??I need your advice,is it a good idea to use tennis balls conected to your basic dog chain for fire poi, i use them for practice but i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,135    Replies: 26
"I did a search, and didn't find anything so sorry if it's been repeated.I remember hearing about a video editing program where you can change the exposure during the movie to make the t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,732    Replies: 29
"At the moment i have Oggz on colecords that i love. However I dont want to take the large charger when with me when i go travelling so will be looking for some battery operated poi.I h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,894    Replies: 14
"hey I do loads of tangley stuff, there mustbe some people in the same posision because I cant find anyone or any vids of the stuff I do.SOMEONE PLEASE email me back and say something ab..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,771    Replies: 1
"i've did it abit awhile ago and getting into it again but poi and hat triks anyone? iv been in fire shows for years and av bin getting well into my hats recently,wat about everyone else..."
Views: 3,029    Replies: 0
"Hey family, I am just working on some footage and am wondering "how to create a smear/ slow shutter effect" in post-production?Maybe you can help me?I mean, there are camcorde..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,815    Replies: 1
"Is it possible to buy swivels (or somehow modify them) so that, say a No.10 ball bearing swivel can be opened up on either side? Maybe if the rings is broken and squshed somehow. (im t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,906    Replies: 9
"since i can't afford decent wood for my stilts, and i'm a 260lb `fatbloke`, i started wondering if i could use aluminum tube/bar for stilts?my local hardware store sells 1/16" wall alum..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,405    Replies: 21
"Interested in everyone's personal fueling station system, what gear is in your POI fueling station? Types of fuel containers, soaking containers, safety gear, fuel reclaimers (spin off ..."
Views: 1,659    Replies: 0
"I have my pair of 2.4mm 22" Oval twist welded chain for sale. Comes with 2 Leather double loop handles 2 triangle loops, 4 D rings and 2 heavy duty swivelsAll bought as seperates,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,663    Replies: 1
"my digicam (casio exilim z-1000 10.1 mp) has a very unfortunate problem for a fire spinner...it makes these blue phantoms and/or vertical lines emanating from the fire source when takin..."
Views: 2,743    Replies: 10
"Hi!I was wondering about making isis heads, like salza are making.Basically, I understand the knot, but there is something I didn't really figured out: does it uses one layer or two? I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,661    Replies: 12
"I'm currently making my own fabric poi and I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm looking for a pattern and a type of fabric people could suggest for me to use. My first prototype ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,712    Replies: 7
"The tails on my UV poi totally piss me off big time, but apparently they look much much better than my practice chains... they get knotted and sometimes they get dirty and they tangle r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,665    Replies: 13
"I recently started juggling 3 staves, I've been using my double staffs for it, but i've been thinking of making ones like sebastian uses in this this video or like what rob used in so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,814    Replies: 2
"Hi,I'm looking into making fire poi to sell at markets and currently researching for the best equipment and prices. Can anyone help me locate some reasonably priced chain. Also, suggest..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,866    Replies: 28
"After what seems like an eternity of fiddling with the design for the casings I'm almost there. I'm just waiting for some screws and buttons to arrive to double-check dimensions before ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,356    Replies: 8
"I have been looking everywhere for kero in my area and nobody has it. I went to a gas station and they said they did sell it, but I'm not sure if it really is kero. The pump (yes I go..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,084    Replies: 4
"im looking to findout what the best way to make small fire eating wands. right now the best way i can see doing it is a bit of 1 inch adhesive wick with the end being sewed up. im curio..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,534    Replies: 14
"I've been spinning poi on and off for the last three or so years, and bought a pair in December. I've just got the hang of poi in the last month or so and my routine tends to involve a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,732    Replies: 15
"They are actually stronger than they look. Easy to make and use if anyone already has some swivelsHomemade poi swivels so the cord doesnt tangle. Made from a fishing swivel (pack of 10..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,957    Replies: 7
"Ok so I bought my self some practice sock poi this year but I am wanting to upgrade to glow poi. The sock poi is ok, but I am wanting to spin fire as well. I want something bright and d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,015    Replies: 5
"Hi my name is Amber and i live in Fairbanks Alaska, and I have been practicing poi for about 2 years now... and I have been thinking about getting the Oggpoi for my next set of poi and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,700    Replies: 3
"How do you shorten the length?EDIT: Nevermind. Now all I have to do is figure out a way to remember how to knot it."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,828    Replies: 4
"I have recently started skipping, partly because a mate has and i want to get good and partly because it seems like a get fit quick scheme.I know there is such a thing as fire skipping ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,086    Replies: 7
"Is there such a thing as transparent socks? So you can put glowy stuff in them and see through"
Last Reply by
Views: 11,476    Replies: 12
"What do you use to stuff in the core of a monkey fist poi? Does it have to be fire-proof material or can I just use something super absorbant like cotton balls? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,891    Replies: 16
"I've been looking around, and saw a number of items that caught my eye. unfortunately, I cannot buy them all.There are some I'm quite keen on:http://www.technomoves.com/rave_impact_stic..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,645    Replies: 6
"I just bought http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-LED-GLOW-sock-POII am either an idiot or i was sent the wrong balls with these socks.They look just like a whie tennis..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter