Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,781    Replies: 7
"I was looking at the options of adding weight to my crystal flowlights and I found that I have two options.There is the weight sleeves from HOP Link to them Here and there are also th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,333    Replies: 1
"Hiyai was just wondering, what handle material do you use?I have tried a few from HOP including the new profesional series and i just dont like them.I like to grip my handles between my..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,338    Replies: 15
"How many people here actually own and carry a fire extinguisher when spinning. I never got one but I am thinking about getting one cause you can get them from woolworths for ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,549    Replies: 2
"What are the best fabric tail poi? My tail poi have always been rubbish (cobra and poi poi i think they were)"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,937    Replies: 30
"Hey guys sorry if this post has already been brought up, i did search for it, but at the same time im currently filling out apps online so i'm starting to get kinda lazy bout reading. 4..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,017    Replies: 6
"Aight, I've spun practice poi and glowsticks for a while now. But I'm just starting on Fire poi. I'm looking around for different wick types and have seen different prices on different ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,038    Replies: 5
"Yo, A year or two ago i was in a welding bay, and picked up a peice of metal that was about 500Ā°Couch ville.Pretty bad burn, worse than i've had from fire poi.Now in the bay, they had ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,225    Replies: 4
"Does anyone know where I can get my hands on Fire, Spirit or Love Flowlights? Only Air and Water II are available on HOP and the Flowlight site, and I really want to start doubling up.A..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,893    Replies: 11
"Alrighty, this has probably been asked a billion times but I couldn't find my answer. I'm looking for a fuel that I can use indoor that I don't necessarily have to order over the intern..."
Views: 996    Replies: 0
"Woot, just got my new rainbow poi in from Things That Glow. So much better than a tennis ball and shoestring lol."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,716    Replies: 6
"Poi teachers/learners,This might be useful to some people since the Weave is probably one of the trickiest moves to describe to someone. I've put together a lesson on our site for an i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,184    Replies: 34
"Hi all,Hoping that this hasnt been covered in other threads (did a search!) .Just bought myself a pair of Globalz poi- and they are pretty diappointing to say the least!! The finger loo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,380    Replies: 34
"ok my friend just got me into poi and i allready love it but my only question is what is the best to learn with?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,828    Replies: 5
"check this videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcDwZPV0_cg1.22She's holding the wand with her teeth!!!any ideas about how she's doing it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,254    Replies: 28
"Is it possible to do fire poi orbitals without damaging the chains or is it inevitable? How can I minimize all forms of damage to my chains from orbitals?"
Last Reply by
Views: 8,992    Replies: 22
"Erm, I wanna use a golf glove for playing with Gilligans. They're spose to be made of leather and are thin and confortable. In theory I think it could work but I have this horrible fear..."
Views: 1,471    Replies: 0
"so id like to add my 2 pence to the 'How to make' worldthese poi are actually my fave's for training with...even more so than my crystal flowtoys.=Oif you have any questions on the cons..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,096    Replies: 13
"Hi, I saw this video by Gora Krisztian, and I've seen this thing at a fire meet a while back, and I'm wondering how to make one of these:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpq0q4n7OiEDrilli..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,963    Replies: 12
"Hey I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the Fyrefli Panther aka the fibre glass staff. because I was going to buy the concentrate 3 part firestaff from hop but I'm a bit ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,869    Replies: 8
"I have an option of going with flat oval link chain that is .21" wide or .27" wide. Safety aside, is there any disadvantage to doing tangles etc with thinner chain? or would ...."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,862    Replies: 7
"I have been asked to teach fire safety to a BDSM group and am wondering if anyone has done this before and has any ideas I might not have thought of yet. I guess one of the members wan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,952    Replies: 7
"Hi everyone, I'm new here; and just got back inside from a three session burn.I'm not technically a poi artist; however I do play a lot with contact equipment. Fire nunchaku's mainly. ..."
Views: 2,098    Replies: 0
"After threading on a swivel and a plastic toggle I threaded the ColeCord through two holes I drilled close to the LED unit in the rubber ogg housing. I tied two overhand stopper knots, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,671    Replies: 10
"Whilst practicing holding my sock poi i tried a few different ways, knots, through the middle 2 fingers etc. Through the fingers made it annoy and cause very small blisters/rubbing aft..."
Last Reply by
Views: 33,299    Replies: 79
"Hi!! I'm an italian poi twirler... I've seen in a site some mixes to colour flames; www.geocities.com/firepoiit makes coloured flames adding chemicals to ethanol, methilated spirits or ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,840    Replies: 4
"Hi,Apologies if this popped up somewhere before in the forums and I just couldn't find it, but I recently got my first set of fire poi and I find the heads (monkey fist knots) to be a b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,383    Replies: 4
"I was spinning in a group yesterday but suddenly we had to pack up because of the weather. My monkeyfists still have oil-based fuel in them because we didn't have time to burn it off. A..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,666    Replies: 14
"I'm sorry, this was prolly answered before, but I just can't phrase it right.. (( anyhow it just seems to me that butterfly is somehow technically "disconnected" from the rest of the 8 ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,527    Replies: 6
"I've got a small collection of firewhips with various construction techniques now, the favourite being the typical "rope with handle" but with a section of tightly wrapped and thick tom..."
Last Reply by
Views: 40,088    Replies: 55
"Double loop vs Single loop..... is it really just about preferance or is there an actual noticable difference between the two?I have never tryed the double loop, only the single but wou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,176    Replies: 6
"A question I think can be easily answered - I just can't find one!Running a show outside with an audience of 500 people - I want to make a semi-circular ring of flame around them on the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,182    Replies: 7
"so a like a few weeks ago i was on a festival and played with somebodies staff and thought like; hey, this is nice. so i decided to make my own. so from all the knowledge i have about s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,775    Replies: 5
"hi guys well to start off my names Ryan and im a medium-advanced spinner ive been spinning fire for about 1 year now and up till today ive been using home made fiberglass fire poi, and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,408    Replies: 5
"I'm in need of a new contact staff, and I'm wondering which would be better for me?All of my contact staves so far ended up slightly bending, which made them horrible to spin. So the ma..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,679    Replies: 5
"Hi Everyone,I'm starting with my first fire fans and was wondering apart from the "damp towel" method of putting out the flame, is there a more graceful way of extinguishing f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,281    Replies: 3
"Hello,i would like to designs a stylish poi,has anybody got an idea how to print on a poi?best regards,andreas"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,055    Replies: 5
"does jute burn as even and look as good as kevlar? I just made a mini rope dart out of jute (wick head) outter races of skateboard bearings (weight) and sterling silver ball chain (i st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,926    Replies: 1
"Apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum for this--I'll trust y'all will point me in the right direction if that's the case.I've been making videos pretty regularly for the past ye..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,452    Replies: 2
"Say, I managed to find a group of people who all shared a common interest of spinning light - be it fire, LED or glow - and we were cautious of people who could potentially pass by us.W..."
Last Reply by
Views: 33,175    Replies: 101
"hello!I'm a relatively petite woman (5'3") and am trying to measure the proper length for my new fire poi. the distance from my armpit to where my thumb joins my hand is 20", but when ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,734    Replies: 5
"I just bought some pre-tied colecord ropes, and I had to adjust the length. I now have to cut off a few inches, but I was wondering if anyone here knows how to "re-seal" the e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,492    Replies: 10
"I've been thinking about whipping up a pair of Luxeon poi's when I yesterday found this forum and Hyperlights Luxeon thread. The RGB poi construction ideas in that thread are very inter..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,818    Replies: 8
"What are the differences between water and the new water II? I lost one of my poi at a festival recently and have just bought colecord handles, weight sleeves and a water II to match t..."
Views: 1,500    Replies: 0
"Alright. The common method is finding the right material that will dissolve in methylated spirits or some other alcohol-based solvent. However, what if we looked at not the fuel to chan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,075    Replies: 35
"I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers to. They may seem trivial, but I'd really like to find out.Is there any difference in using, say, the blue-coloured ultr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,820    Replies: 36
"Tests were completed last night and I now have the BEST TOY EVER.Its a firestaff fitted with electric detonators in the wicks, a rechargable battery and a switch. Push a packet of flash..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,793    Replies: 5
"I currently do not have glow poi, just a pair of sock poi for practice and a set of fire poi as well. When borrowing friends' glow poi I have noticed that Woolsey's suggestion to train ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,170    Replies: 11
"Let's see...I've found myself several times at parties where there is a lot of alcohol drinks, and, since I don't drink, I find myself incredibly bored after a while (I mean, when peopl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,565    Replies: 4
"Butterfly is an antispin when they're parallel to your sides, but if you do the butterfly, would it still *technically* be an antispin weave?A technical tidbit I want some clarification..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,225    Replies: 4
"hi all!!well, im making my first fire poi, and i have almost everything complete except for the wicks. (this site has been very usefull!! ) Im looking for kevlar here in ecuador, bu..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter