Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Views: 1,367    Replies: 0
"Hello Is anyone bringing Fire Poi or going to the Essental festival tomorow (Monday)?i realy whant 2 take me fire poi but B\F dosent reckon i should Was wondering if i did, woul..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,616    Replies: 5
"LLcoolpat and I were talking on the phone and he thought of getting together on Fiesta Island. We randomly threw off a few dates and March 4th starting at 7:30 worked the best.So I was ..."
Views: 2,684    Replies: 0
"Hello west countryers! Ive just read the Glastonbury thread and someone mentioned a festival in Bristol this bank holiday. Will it be good?!! and what sort of thing is it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,235    Replies: 36
"Just wondering who’s going off the Board?I know that from the last 2 years that I have been there have been highly talented fire-spinners there, and some exceptional performances by t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,018    Replies: 20
"Would you come to a Moon Fest in Winter?It doesn't acsually get that cold here in sunny Brisbane, So what do you think? Can we brave it? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,923    Replies: 5
"Trent and I are planning a party in Dallas this summer, specifically for poi spinners. We're looking for a venue, and considering Hawkwood. How extravagant this is, will all depend on t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,772    Replies: 2
"on the weekend of the 11th i think it is me and a few friends r planning on going to the heath for a spin.if any 1 fancys joining us there is a section on our webby that will b updated ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,695    Replies: 17
"Hi All I hope that all you spinners and twirlers will be coming to the Cannabis March on May 4th...The march leaves Kennington park at 12 pm sharp and heads to Brockwell park where ther..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,854    Replies: 8
"I got hired by Insomnia to do a bit of stilt walking/fire eating and fire spinning at camdem palace in london last saturday. went ok, but it was quite empty, so there weren't too many ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,423    Replies: 1
"For anyone that is interested or going, the Wick Effect will be doing 3 fire shows through out the night at this party!Look out for us!"
Views: 1,747    Replies: 0
"Trent and I are planning a party in Dallas this summer, specifically for poi spinners. We're looking for a venue, and considering Hawkwood. How extravagant this is, will all depend on t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,977    Replies: 33
"Right, is anybody up for sorting out and getting together for a beltane fire festival? I've got no ideas for location, but somewhere a reasonable sized bonfire could be lit would be coo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,971    Replies: 5
"Next Moon Fest will be on Sat 27th April from dusk (about 6pm these days) in Lower Moora Park, Shorncliffe (Brisbane, Aust.)We will also be holding workshops in the afternoon in both st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,525    Replies: 6
"just a quick reminder...Moon Fest is on *this* Saturday night (ie 27th April) at Shorncliffe Beach (Brisbane, Australia..*)We're also running workshops in the afternoon (fire twirling &..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,857    Replies: 2
"apparently bender tells me someone on this board is from austin?and there's a little twirling scene in austin?although i'm not currently in austin, i'll be there in about 4 months, (whi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,472    Replies: 108
"Hi FolksWhen is the next fire fest in the london area? Also if anyone feels like meeting up in Clapham Common some fine sunny day for someone to practice with, get in touch and we can m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,706    Replies: 3
"Hiya all,I have just discovered the beauty of the Art of Poi and fire breathing, and was wondering if there were any gatherings occuring in and around the city of Sydney in the near fut..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,776    Replies: 1
"WEll there seems to be a lot of people who use poi but why arn't ther any in my area???? anyone interested in a get together to do some serious damage ???? "
Views: 2,487    Replies: 0
"im in an all girl band called PASSIVAGGRESSIFIST and i would like to invite anyone who likes fire to my show this Sunday April 28th at the ballard fire house its our 4th show and i will..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,836    Replies: 3
"Does anyone know what the score is with Summer Solstice at Stonehenge this year? Is it on? Are non druids allowed? Are the druids allowed? Granted it is on it would be nice to link up w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,463    Replies: 2
"Does anyone know if Exodus are doing anything this year? The Free The Spirit by the M1 in 2000 was ace! Did anyone go?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,693    Replies: 4
"hey all, came back form london yesterday (not long enough to catch up with peep)and was overjoyed to see people in parks spinning and stuff. MAD!londoners are lucky peoplevic xx"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,940    Replies: 4
"A friend of mine living in Koolewong was lamenting the other day about how he has no one to twirl with So if you are a twirler and live around that area and want to meet up or know ..."
Views: 1,305    Replies: 0
"I'm taking to a trip to NYC this weekend, does anyone know about any firedancing gatherings that might be happening there?"
Views: 1,370    Replies: 0
"I don't know how many people are from that general area, but does anyone want to get together? Let me know, I'm willing to travel and I also have a friend (juggling and staff) who would..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,026    Replies: 1
"Hullo, Vienna here... Just wonderin if there's any news on the move 'bout tonights workshop. Got a few more people that can come down this week but don't wanna turn up and have them be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,862    Replies: 3
"hey, i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but i'm not sure which would be better. Anyway, I'm in southern Pennsylvania, right near Philly, and I was thinkin of may be star..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,195    Replies: 1
"I'm part of a troupe from Saskatchewan, and we trying to organize a tour this summer, but most festivals we want to spin at won't hire us without insurance. I've looked into insurance a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,703    Replies: 5
"Sorry about the short notice, but for all Melbourne twirlers St Andrews is having a night market tonight, it's St Andrews 30 anniversary, there will probably be lots of twirling there s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,828    Replies: 9
"Apologies for the above pun.and my appearance... no wait you can't see my boxers...Let's start again shall we?*ahem*People from home of poi! lend me you poi!firetwirl-laden Confest is i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,891    Replies: 15
" http://www.prazzi.com/bjc2002/a nice one of the staffing trio playing in the sun and the JJ hall looks great enjoy HazeXX &lbr; 10 April 2002, 21:33: Message edited by: mischi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,544    Replies: 1
"For all you psytrance bush doofers living near Melbourne, Earthcore this weekend (12.04.02 -> 14.04.02) will feature quote:Comprehensive program ranging from healing through to pr..."
Views: 1,465    Replies: 0
"I'm really interested in getting together with some other poi spinners in my area. I live in Blandford, Dorset, England, and I don't know any around here. I'm desperate to meet some p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,942    Replies: 70
"British Juggling convention 200229th March - April 1st Whitstable in Kentdetails at www.bjc2002.co.uk (which I admit doesn't make it look great for Poiers, but I assure you its a real g..."
Views: 1,899    Replies: 0
"hmmm. i liked the old emoticons better.obviously it's beena while since i was here last. i barely recognize the place. anyhoo, i'm putting a heads up out there for any freaked out alter..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,709    Replies: 4
"We have a few gigs coming up and are inviting Brisbane(and coast)-based fire performers, twirlers, bellydancers to be part of one or more of them...Briefly... (I'll fill you in on all t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,727    Replies: 2
"I live in Edinburgh just underneath Carlton Hill where it takes place. I also know the person who organises the festival, so if anyone is seriously interested in going, I can try and fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,560    Replies: 2
"well iam going there tommorow and iam staying till monday so any one out there want to spin with me. EMAIL ME freeky_fireboy@yahoo.comanyone out PPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEZZZZZZEEEE Spin w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,897    Replies: 6
"Someonesent me an email awhile ago asking me about the spinning scene in toronto cuzhe wantsto starts some spinning workshop in High Park in toronto...after a little bit of correspondan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,683    Replies: 7
"Getting excited about BM. Keep an eye out for A couple of the founders touring U.S. with the 50 ft man and some fire performers.I will be attending this thursday the 28th here in Portla..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,559    Replies: 1
"Kerri (aka Vyvyan) from Fireworksdance here, finally, in the really really home of poi, NZ!!!! Doing my mecca and tribute to my specialty, going to the cultural source. Gonna be travell..."
Views: 2,143    Replies: 0
" Some lively, lovely anti-capitalist folks are doing a travelling circus for Mayday, (1st May). Bring yer moveable feats/noise-making things/hearts and minds onto the streets of Mayfai..."
Views: 2,150    Replies: 0
"Some lively, lovely anti-capitalist folks are doing a travelling circus on the streets of Mayfair, London on 1st May so bring yer moveable feats/circus skills/noise-making things -- see..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,320    Replies: 1
"Ye, so I'm heading back tomy home country, Sunny South Africa for a two week vacation this summer and I was wondering if there are any gatherings planned for the month of August.I've ne..."
Views: 2,201    Replies: 0
"So, who will be seen @ the Rustlers Easter Festival this year?We, "Hybrid Performing Arts", have been invited and, with the exception of one member, will be there.Any other SA fire comm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,338    Replies: 21
"I have in idea of how to get some free tickets into Glastonbury how about getting in touch with the organizers offering free poi lessons to all. It is something I've not seen done there..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,780    Replies: 4
"Hello all!I am new to poi and twirling. I do staff work and whip chain work and have spun glow sticks, but want to move on to fire twirling and i am wondering if there is a gathering of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,668    Replies: 2
"the poi force is strong in this 1 !!!country that is...lets show it at the b.j.c.poi workshops for those not banded with local brethren/sisteren? yet and big groups of fire people mmmm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,734    Replies: 16
"I have been following the "Pyrolympics" a fair bit. The concept of having one was brought up a long time ago on here, and since the site went up, I have been kind of following it.Now, p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,419    Replies: 13
"to all the english folk, i'm a lone twirler.i dont know anyone that spins and was wondering if anyone knows of poi and staff workshops near lincolnshire. im willing to travel a little. ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter