Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,257    Replies: 12
"Hey all you fire bugs!I been granted permission from the council to use the beacon for a fire over winter for Moon Fest, (in June, July, and August) just so long as various conditions a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,823    Replies: 6
"Hello All !!Question: Is Poi limited to the use of fire & glow sticks? Or is Poi an act or motion to which ANY source of light can be used?Just wondering cause we're going to try and cr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,418    Replies: 4
"Circomedia, School of Circus and Physical Theatre are now offering a one year BTEC course for those aged 16-19.They also offer several other interesting courses.Check it out at www.circ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,851    Replies: 5
"Hello lurvly Melbourne firebugs!Winter may be closing in on us but the fire season hasen't finished yet! Collingwood Children's Farm is having a Winter Solstice Festival and they need ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,243    Replies: 8
"Hello all!As you might have guessed form the thread title; I'm running a Beginners Staff Course...The course is designed for those who may or may not have picked up a staff before, but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,320    Replies: 14
"For more info visit the web site: http://www.omfestival.com/info.htmlOm Summer Solstice Festival - June 21 - 23, 2002This is an invitation for all dreamers, dancers, musicians, artists,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,906    Replies: 3
"The Intermediate Poi course starts on Sun 23 June and will be held every Sun at 5-7pm in London Bridge. price £45 (concs available). There are 14 places in total available on the cours..."
Views: 1,624    Replies: 0
"Incendium People,Due to a recent decline in interest in fire of a Sunday afternoon, the members who attended last week decided it was right about time to change parks. The members, and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,363    Replies: 1
"Anyone know where in high park the lovely poi group is meeting on this wonderful saturday evening??? The park is so big i will never be able to bump into the twirling energy without di..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,592    Replies: 1
"Hey guys !Well that was ten workshops in a row & every single one was better than the last, although personally the week of the firemen was my favourite !If you cam last week then u'll ..."
Views: 2,431    Replies: 0
" Main Room Ali Transelastica Italie, Costa Rica / Nucléear ramjet (live) Montreal, Ascend Record / Zen Ottawa, Transelastica, Dygitalis / Erik Montreal, Aka Rickam Tech Safari / Y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,360    Replies: 4
"Edited"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,205    Replies: 7
"Hallo!Little note for those of you in London and who go to Planet Angel. Myself and a lovely lass called Haze will be running the new and enlarged Poi area at Planet Angel this Friday (..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,706    Replies: 5
"Walcot Street Nation Day is this Sunday the (th of June :-)Basically it is a great free street party in Bath and I intend to be there spinning some fire - Starts 12.00 (lunchtime) finis..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,543    Replies: 2
"reading is good but glasto has to be better! gonna take my fire gear so hopefully meet with 1 of ya for a spin!?can;t wait = a weekend of madness is well needed! the line up could b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,878    Replies: 19
"Hi All!If you'd like to be involved in the fire performance at the Medieval Fayre at Musgrave Park South Bribane on the 8th of June just turn up to the rehearsal the week before, Sat 1s..."
Views: 1,707    Replies: 0
"Sunday @ Sunset in the Park!! (:------------------Directions to Al Lopez Park:I275 -> Hillsborough AvenueFollow Hillsborough, WestGo up the road about 5-10mins until you get to Himes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,772    Replies: 1
"Hey all you B.C. spinners, there is going to be a spin 2gether on Denman Island just off the coast of Vancouver Island for those who don't know where it is. The date is the 24th of this..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,485    Replies: 1
"Hey everybody,Is anyone going to Glastonbury this year 2002? I'm going and was hoping to meet up with a Poi expert, who could show me some new moves. I've only just started playing with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,817    Replies: 8
"http://us.f213.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter/reverse_1.jpg?box=Inbox&MsgId=8087_565383_8315_1285_88889_0_298&bodyPart=2.1&filename=reverse_1.jpg&YY=4965&order=down&sort=date&pos=0Hey Evr..."
Views: 1,652    Replies: 0
"Anyone in Broome want to get a fire night together?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,064    Replies: 1
"at south shores boat dock next to sea world. i will be playing with fire and invite others to do so aswell."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,025    Replies: 7
"Any one who fancies joining me at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield this Sunday 2nd June for a bit of charity work is more than welcome.Its supposed to kick off at 1pm but I'll be there with ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,918    Replies: 5
"The poi thief was on the loose again last night.. (damn why does it always have to happen to me) So this is a shout out to all the poi-ers that had the pleasure of spinning in the ra..."
Views: 1,149    Replies: 0
"...with a spare seat in their car? I'm not a scary axe murderer or anything I really want to go cos I can't go to the next couple, but the trains are shit on sundays, and I would hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,696    Replies: 4
"Hello EverybodyWhen cleaning up the field after poi in the park we found somebody's French 'Examination Grammar In Action' Text book. If the owner gets in touch I'm more than happy to..."
Views: 1,639    Replies: 0
"Any spinners going to union grove North Carolina for Smilefest? (june 6-9) Its the place where i learned to spin!!!!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,419    Replies: 2
"The Starwood FestivalJuly 23-28, 2002 Brushwood Folklore Center - Sherman, NYImagine a vacation in another realm, where many realities meet. A place where Scientists sit with Shamans an..."
Views: 1,959    Replies: 0
"Friday, May 31, 2002 8:00pmOrigins II- An Evening of Mythology & Music, presented by The Anunnaki ProjectTo be held indoors at the Fremont UNconventional Centre - 160 N. Canal Street, S..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,674    Replies: 2
"Has there been any gatherings or will there BE any gatherings in NYC where fire twiling will commence? I started twirling (non-fire) about 3 months ago and it's awesome...I hope to be ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,038    Replies: 12
"eek. Please watch this space to find out if the tuesday nights at the viaduct will be happening for the next two weeks.I'll put up a message here as soon as anything is confimed. by mo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,319    Replies: 3
"Hi there! Liqui-phi Fire Productions are running some Gold Coast based Fire workshops over the next few months, in conjunction with the Mt Tamborine Evolution Festival. These workshops ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,664    Replies: 7
"Saturday the 1st of June anyone?How about Hamstead Heath this time?Get involved! Bring it on! Axis."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,574    Replies: 12
"just wondering how many people on this site attend/spin at burning man. only 123 days left until we go home"
Views: 1,748    Replies: 0
"Does anyone know about the gathering that is supposed to be taking place in Durango Colorado this summer? If yes please let me know. If not please let me know too. And if it isn't ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,716    Replies: 10
"Is anyone aware of there existing a world record for fire twirling (ie number of people fire twirling at once)?We propose to make or break this record with the help of tv and an amazing..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,772    Replies: 2
"Does anyone know if there's an american juggling convention, and if so, where is it? when is it? does it involve poi and staff too or do they keep 'em seperated?"
Last Reply by
Views: 11,512    Replies: 79
"hello all, The other thread just got a bit too long with 100 posts of organisation to wade through. Here is the official whats going to happen notification thingy: Staff and Poi in the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,933    Replies: 22
"In a long time to go,at a midnight premiere,far, far away...Yeeeeah baby! Join us, in the name of Jar Jar and use the powers of Force for much silliness and mayhem. This will be the mos..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,439    Replies: 13
"Edited."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,821    Replies: 26
"Every Monday Fire at South Beach park. At the end of South Terrace. Near South Beach Fremantle. Monday. After sundown. All welcome. Meaning just rock up. All toys poi staff diablo unicy..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,154    Replies: 4
"woot! another excuse for outdoors shenanigans, now with enzyme super action yessir ok boss! quote:"Reclaim the Streets" Street Party – Help reclaim ourstreets for people (instead ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,142    Replies: 10
"Hello beautiful people!This is my monthly moon letter that goes out to all the Moon Fest subscribers... Next Moon Fest is on Sunday 26th May, in the usual spot, in it’s usual ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,618    Replies: 1
"Travelling circus, cannibals and shakti sound are doing a drum n bass/dub party in central london. 3 rigs plus fire performances, drumming and poi welcome. Bring a beautiful attitude!..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,237    Replies: 6
"After we've twirled on Clapham Common till our arms have dropped off and every last hair on our body is singed, what is everyone planning on doing afterwards?It would be cool to get the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,985    Replies: 18
"Yep, we're not far off having a workshop every night of the week now! (How lucky are us Londoners? No wonder Cantus doesn't like us!) Tuesdays at the Viaduct, Vauxhall.Wednesday's at th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,866    Replies: 1
"Here's the story... we have been asked to perform at a MacDonald's McHappy Day or something on the 18th May...For a few reasons we'd never do it*it's for MacDonalds and we are vegans.. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,406    Replies: 1
"I'm going to reading festival this year for the first time, and was wondering if anyone knows about whether it is worth taking my firetoys?"
Views: 2,496    Replies: 0
"If N-E-1 uses Mirc u might wanna hang out in FireTribe on the DALnetserver, as an complement 2 this messageboard..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,855    Replies: 71
"Well as the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer, Wednesday nights in Camperdown park should start ramping up again!Come down to the park from about 7pm, bring your toy..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter