Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,887    Replies: 12
"I have been trying for ages to get these moves down but i just can't do em! When I get close to haveing my hands cross for the BTB weave the poi just tangle and i hit myself. Anyone hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,656    Replies: 45
"been thinking about this for a while. and ive not heard talk of it. ill try and explain this with a few badly drawn pictures.all the pictures are with one poi and one hand only.ok the b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,570    Replies: 14
"So far, I've latched onto just about every poi move pretty easily. But I still can't do thread the needle. The art of poi DVD doesn't explain it very well and all the previous posts abo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,910    Replies: 6
"Single Poi move, real move. Quite different form the others,becasue it uses two dirrections at one plane, wall plane.1&rbr; Wall plane circle(any dirrection)2&rbr; Push phaseWhen the Po..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,360    Replies: 18
"hi i was curious as to more than one fire wick on the poi make using them any harder and it they were more dangerous to use "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,800    Replies: 5
"it shuldnt be more then 5 minutes. i prefer not a trance."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,201    Replies: 18
"ok so i know this has been asked a ton prolly but i cant this if my life depended on it please help i always come inbetween my legs and smack well yea it f-ing hurts plz any good advice..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,204    Replies: 5
"Got it! Double neck wrap from a butterly.Okay, do the forward (I think? right hand clockwise left hand anti) butterfly in front, stick your neck in when the balls are at the bottom, th..."
Views: 1,584    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,063    Replies: 7
"Here I am again, in hope to have found something relatively new... I've been practicing these for a while, and just recently started to be able to play some with them, my aim with these..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,629    Replies: 7
"I've been doing poi for about a year, and I'm doing "advanced" moves. I'm pretty damn good with poi when they're in front of my body or behind my head, I can pick up new moves like nobo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,832    Replies: 1
"i was just wondering if anyone coudl help me with BTB moves i've been practicign for a while knwo but i can only get my left poi to go behidn me my right arm jus refuses to let it go is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,292    Replies: 3
"I've been spinning for about a month now, and i've learned most of the moves quite quickly. I know most basic 'wave' moves and some stuff in 'buttefly' as well.I've got a quite fluid ro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,322    Replies: 4
"Does anyone have a Vid..or feels like making a vid of a propeller with poi..I have been reading alot about this lately...and I want to see what it looks like with poi...so I can attempt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,120    Replies: 4
"Ooookay so.. As you know, learning poi goes much faster if one can see what one wants to learn.. Therefor.. How about starting (this:)) thread where people can ask for a trick and other..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,232    Replies: 11
"The idea of Cross-stalling is stalling between up and sideways, or down and sideways in wallplane. Both at the same time to produce the first part of a cross like this "X". There is onl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,814    Replies: 11
"Okay I know a lot of people talk about getting problems doing reverse weaves adding in the socks but I have another question.How do I keep myself from adding in an extra turn (or subtra..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,943    Replies: 6
"So I've been doing poi for about 5 months now and I kind of hit a dead end. In the beginning I learned moves fast and made quick progress, but now that they take longer to learn I find ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,349    Replies: 12
"when i did (rather tryed to do) over the head butterfly chains gone around my hands, and somehow tied, I'v burnd myself, but not to bad, so I trydd again, and again it didnt work. What ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,916    Replies: 6
"I have been spinning poi daily for over a year now, I love to poi so i bought some fire poi... i have burned 4 times now after burning for the first time last week.It is so addictive. B..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,550    Replies: 12
"So I was spinning in a park the other day when I started noticing that their was a growing number of people watching me. I was just swinging some sock poi, but I had a crowd of about fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,614    Replies: 16
"i have been knunchuking for almost 13 years, a few years ago i saw this dude on the roof of my dorm twirling bits of fire, naturally i was intriged. i asked if i could try and he starte..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,174    Replies: 6
"I never realised how flippin' difficult it is to turn around while spinning a flower since i'd never bothered to until now.Maybe it's just a new motor paten that I'm gonna have to get u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,470    Replies: 3
"do you think while your performing? when performing do u make it up as you go or do you make routine up ?i find myself so into the music and surrounding that if i stop to think i cant..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,642    Replies: 2
"I saw someone doing a continuous airwrap on this site:http://www.feuershow.de/how is that possible???does anyone know how its done or at least take a guess?The site is in german i think..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,661    Replies: 14
"just had a wicked play with LTC, Fluff and Durbs - working on arm patterns (squares, pentagons, hexagons, eventually circles) creating anti spun shapes and interesting polyrythms. sound..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,561    Replies: 13
"So, when i first starting spinning last summer i was a tad lazy with learning left and right backwards forwards versions of moves. I learn't alot quite fast untill i felt happy that I c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,123    Replies: 9
"Title says it all, and I know i'm being dense so please excuse me, lol But, now i'm fairly competent and the weather's all lovely I want to nail uber fast mid and high level turns that..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,400    Replies: 9
"Hey guys, I have a probably very stupid question: How do you spin two poi in front of you, going the same way, on the same plane? I don't know the name of the move, but it seems like ev..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,188    Replies: 7
"I'm sure you're all aware of the various different forms of Extreme Ironing, but if not I suggest you look it up on youtube.Anyway, has anybody tried to do extreme ironing by using Iron..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,581    Replies: 10
"some call it a pin wheel, we figured out the other day how to buzz saw into an isolated throw back into the buzz saw time.does anyone know its name or if this trick exists?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,455    Replies: 4
"if i buy a ball chain is it strong enough to hold monkey fists or do i need an oval chainjust a 2.5 monkey fistnot the really big ones"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,600    Replies: 4
"Hey All,I know this isn't about a poi move ive learnt, but it is related....I read the other threads about wristsbut none were the same problem I have.I recently bought some LED sock Po..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,232    Replies: 7
"Wouldnt it be great if all the poi lessons/shows poeple in the hop community had made were in one handy database??so, for the first step i've just created a youtube account with the nam..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,629    Replies: 6
"I have a TINY practicing space at the moment and found myself isolating an arm when i'm doing some of the longarm so i dont hit the bed door or ceiling.... sometimes it actually add's a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,938    Replies: 42
"I dont know the name of this one but it can be found HERE in the staff lessons. Someone told me its called pinwheel?!?Definitely more diffucult with Poi, so what one has to practice fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,487    Replies: 8
"did you ever wonder why arashi hits himself so much with poi? i know i did. well, now i hit myself ALL the time. i no longer control where my poi are going when i'm playing by myself. i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,550    Replies: 31
"Ok, here is my try to contribute something new for people to play with. Well... I honestly don't know how new this concept is. But I hope it's fairly untouched yet.Most spinners use the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,517    Replies: 25
"So I finally decided to write something on my poi site and I thought I'd share It's not perfect and I'd like some constructive criticism.. But I hope you'll enjoy this What can you do w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,822    Replies: 3
"i should really have put this in the contact poi forum, but its kind of halfway between contact and isolations so i thought i could be more of an attention &lbr;censored&rbr; and start ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,136    Replies: 18
"I'v been poiing for a while now and iv kind of mastered the basics, like weave and reverse weave and butterfly and stuff, and I don't really know what to do next. Any moves that aren't ..."
Views: 1,016    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,775    Replies: 8
"its prob something really simple and im prob being really stoopid not realising it, but i was just wondering if anyone could explain to me what this girl is doing in this clip (http://w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,230    Replies: 31
"Because I see a lot of people asking for this and wasn't able to find anything definitive heres my best shot.Isolating essentially means moving the centre of the circle to a point on th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,965    Replies: 20
"i was just wondering if any one had a helping hand they can give me with this? "
Last Reply by
Views: 6,829    Replies: 25
"hi, can someone help me out on the butterfly weave? thanks "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,747    Replies: 23
"Lately I spent a lot of time in practiceing with 3 poi;after a lot of try I found that the easyest(for me) pattern to start with 3 poi is tossing them :P .Now I have a record of about 1..."
Last Reply by
Views: 24,374    Replies: 101
"56 wraps!I have attempted to compile everyone's wrap postings into a comprehensive document. this is by far the largest listing I have seen. If anyone has any to add, please post! (:But..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,476    Replies: 5
"Hey, I have had a few times where i'm out there practicing a new move or wrap or something and i just bust something completely incredible and i know i could never do it again. I just w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,506    Replies: 16
"&lbr;Bows to the Poi Masters upon entry into the Sacred Temple...&rbr;So I've been doing a 5 beat weave for a while. I do the kind where the backs of my palms are together in front of ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter