Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Views: 2,097    Replies: 4
"Hello,I'm pretty new, i practiced at my friend's home and i'll receive my own poi beginning of february i think..I can do the butterfly..i'm better twirling them backward to do it tho....."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,770    Replies: 3
"so I've been trying isolations for a little while now and I was thinking.,..is it easier to have a longer poi or a shorter one? and what about weight? more or less?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,660    Replies: 4
"This thread is about methods of learning new move.MOVE BASICMOVE OUTMOVE INCode:Example: Move -> (method) -> New move -----------------MOVE BASIC-----------------MoveSingle move i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,345    Replies: 3
"I meen, this is something I've been thinking a while.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Poi, is physical object having it's own weigh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,213    Replies: 31
"Hey!I can do weave n stuff but i can do butterfly! any tips?Thanks x x"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,033    Replies: 7
"I have been trying this for weeks and I just can't do it. My hand eye co-ordination is just horrid. I can do other things like butterflys and buzzsaw that goes over my head into a rev b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,533    Replies: 8
"hello i have decided to try and learn the art of poi! what equipment do i need to buy to get started? any help would be appreciated thanks "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,044    Replies: 5
"hey everyone, as you can see from the title, i am new to poi. i havnt even started yet or got anything for it yet, but i'm hoping to start. but first i have a couple questions...is ther..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,087    Replies: 2
"Continuation of the previous..--------------------------------------------- (mirror)--------------------CONTEXT--------------------Back, behind the back, or watch your heads.Front, in t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,045    Replies: 2
"I've been looking on here for new moves but it all seems too high over my head (hard) so could somebody teach me a new move that would be in between beginner and advance. Im a little sl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,600    Replies: 2
"hi. i have been learning poi for a couple of months now (i dont have much time to practice but ::meh::) and i'm getting really stuck on this one move i want to learn.What it is, I can g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,808    Replies: 7
"I would like to say a massive thanks to HoP as all the poi moves I have mastered..not many are thanks to your teachings.However I was wondering if any of you have had the same problem a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,602    Replies: 12
"Hey, I am having trouble keeping my off hand (left) from going all sideways on me. Everytime i spin it is on a weird tilt, that is getting kinda dangerous to spin with. Any hints with h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,352    Replies: 9
"Lat. &lbr;Orbis pictus&rbr; - World in picturesInspirated by teaching method developed by education reformator Jan Amos Komensky.----------------------POI---------------------- Poi, the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,911    Replies: 10
"Sorry if this has been done before, I can't use the search function on this site without having Explorer shut down right away. Anyways, do people stretch before twirling? More importa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,675    Replies: 5
"Ive gone on a bit of a poi parralell at the moment and have started throwing and catching poi and mixing it in to routines. i havent used fire yet, cause, well, its damn hard to do it p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,839    Replies: 4
"I'm new to Poi so I'm starting off with glowsticks which I already have a ton of. I tied a piece of string onto one glowstick and now am wondering what to use for a handle. I've seen ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,109    Replies: 4
"HI allsaw a m8 of mine doin poi a while back and was jus standing there in awe with my mouth dropped openso bein a bit stoned last weekend i brought sum poi and i love itSo i get them o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,058    Replies: 36
"Ok this has been mentioned in a few theads..One night after far to much to drink Sandy, Tim(T&B) and Garthy with help from matt(the boy g) invented a poi card game. We played it in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,938    Replies: 4
"Ok So I'm Attempting To Teach Myself Weave Crossers... If That's What They're Called?But The Problem Is On Every Other The The Poi On My Right Hand Side, (So The Poi In My Left Hand) Ke..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,796    Replies: 18
"Getting pretty good now + can pick up new tricks quite easily. BUT the forward btb weave is the bane of my life. i just cant get it, i can do regular btb weave but forwards just seems t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,451    Replies: 12
"For those of you that do fire transfers, and blowing/eating, this will probably be stupid, but for us beginer pyros its a easy way to show off at parties and what not.Anyways, you'll ne..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,157    Replies: 4
"hi. i have been learning poi for a couple of months now (i dont have much time to practice but ::meh::) and i'm getting really stuck on this one move i want to learn.What it is, I can g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,871    Replies: 5
"any tips?ive been trying for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages and i just cant seem to get it!also what about thread the needle? any tips on that? "
Views: 2,596    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,695    Replies: 22
"I am new to Poi and have had no instruction at all, apart from what I read on the leaflet which came with my Poi. I have only been practicing for about an hour over the last few days ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,505    Replies: 9
"Ive been watching a few of the fire poi vids, and im wondering, how do you do the spinning on the sides where you just keep spinning as if you are using a staff? i really want to try it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,985    Replies: 3
"I'm making a set of poi for an event where im playing a kid so i dont need to be able to do spectacular things, i mainly just want to run around with ribbons following me.I tried attach..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,340    Replies: 8
"I posted this in regards to a thread about Wall Plane Weaving in the GS:C forum. I defined evrything as well as I can. Care to discuss? ^,^;"For future reference: Side's equal where you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,542    Replies: 7
"I have searched through all the topics already, so I hope it's okay to post this question! I'm trying to do a 4 or 5 beat weave, ("helped" by my cat who keeps pouncing on the tails of m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,326    Replies: 12
"Does anyone of that clip in a bigger format? I am trying to learn it, but can not see it across the room."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,267    Replies: 104
"I'm finding it interesting that the 50/50 male/female mix doesn't seem to hold for the Poi Moves section. I wonder why that is...(Yes, I know there are a few females that frequent it b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,413    Replies: 9
"Hey all, what are we calling "non split time"? The reason why I ask is I've been playing with 4 beat weaves and corkscrews where both poi are "on beat". It, of course, looks like a tw..."
Last Reply by
Views: 32,216    Replies: 107
"What is the most impressive move you can do? At the moment mine is the 4-beat windmill or 4-beat corkscrew =)"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,979    Replies: 7
" "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,084    Replies: 1
"Someones probably already done this but ive just tried doing a crosser to a spiral wrap, with arms obviously crossed and tops of hands together then continuing the spiral and back into ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,893    Replies: 9
"right, a few weeks ago i tried a BTB TTN, no avial.Last night i was having a mad one in the house with my poi, and thought about the move again... "woohooo" i got it, i can manage quite..."
Views: 1,469    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Views: 1,236    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,916    Replies: 10
"In Nick's video "Beauty of Ashes" What is he spinning with? Is it Mega Cathedrals?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,625    Replies: 7
"hay i have been spinning for about a year and would like to meet more people that are into it, so if any one lives in the sacremnto area it would be cool to here from you. Valentine..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,478    Replies: 60
" Please someone help!I've read all the previous threads so please don't direct me to them!How do you actually do flowers?!What is the breakdown of the movement of your arms? THANK YOU!"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,427    Replies: 16
"Can anyone explain to me how to do a reverse TTN? I saw it done at Burning Man and was told by the person doing it that it's a great way to transition to lots of other moves and he did ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,406    Replies: 9
"Hello all. I was wondering... has anyone actually spun 4 poi at one time before? I am working on this and wanted to know if there is anyone out there in the poi universe that could offe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,403    Replies: 9
"I bought myself a pair of fluffy poi today at our local juggling shop, and within 5 minutes had managed the butterfly and the giant butterfly!!! and my friend, who is getting pretty goo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,118    Replies: 5
"I can do the normal corkscrew move but how do you go about adding beats to it? In yutas 2005 vid he does a nice fluid 4bt? corkscrew at 1 minute 12 seconds in.The normal corkscrew just..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,632    Replies: 25
"All right, so aftermuch research.. I have come up with nothing. I have seen many videos of people doing burn off's with poi. I assume they wet the floor with some sort of lighter fluid,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,490    Replies: 8
"Anyone got any tips on doing this as a seamless move, I was getting somewhere with it a while ago but dropped it as it was taking far too long and remaining far too messy, my time was b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,274    Replies: 7
"This move is exactly what it sounds like, and is very dangerous. Not for newbies!!! To accomplish this move you start out doing a simple forward butterfly. Step sidways and wrap both po..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,405    Replies: 33
"I've only been spinning for about 2 months but I can't weave...don't know why but to me it seems to be the hardest thing to learn. I can do butterflies, TTN's and all sorts of other bit..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter