Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 6,789    Replies: 2
"Please can someone give me advice in putting together a poi routine?I help at the local Brownie unit and we are putting on a show for the parents later this term.I would like to take my..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,264    Replies: 9
"hey everyone just joined here.a few thingsfirst of all: im not just a poin spinner but a general fire dancer. im best with a staff because im stuck with my poi. i cant get any more move..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,825    Replies: 29
"I just started out and I try to get 30min-1 hour of spinning a day.How often do you spin and how long?-roach"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,348    Replies: 8
"Hey guys,Just wondering how long ones poi should be. I think I read something about arms length, but how do you manage this length when you're doing the buzzsaw? I've practiced with the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,223    Replies: 12
"I had a bit of difficulty working out where to place this post within the forums so I figured that, well, Spiral Wraps are a beginner move and so here I am. Admins feel free to move sho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,613    Replies: 26
"Yowsa, stalls, stalls, stalls. I've become addicted to them lately, from just cleaning up my horizontal stalls to eventual perfection to cross armed horizontal stalls with a brief isola..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,897    Replies: 4
"Hey everyone,I'm really new to the poi scene and i've spent the last two days basically spinning in time, trying to build some resistance, get used to the weight of it and all,i'm fairl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,405    Replies: 8
"Hello Poi firends!This is Yuta from Japan.I have been working on Poi Online Lesson, and it is time to share this with you all !!There are still many thing I should make better, but it i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,072    Replies: 29
"I've been trying out poi for a couple of weeks now. I'm a newbie at it, not very skilled. I know some moves and such mostly because I used to do flag corp back in junior high and high..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,794    Replies: 21
"The document has been moved to: http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/886966.html#Post886966If you want to directly edit the post, PM us and we will send you the log..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,869    Replies: 6
"Hi,I hope this is in the right place, I've learned a fair few moves but i seem to get "stuck" in one move and find it really hard to move to something else. I've tried searchi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,899    Replies: 11
"Ok, so I'm trying to learn flowers at the moment, thing is everything goes OK until I try using both hands at once, just one hand I can do (either hand) but when i start trying to put t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 24,364    Replies: 82
"ive been playing with the staff and double staff for about 3 months and I just started on poi yesterday. I must say poi hurts a lot more then staff! ive got brusies everywhere, ive bee..."
Views: 1,727    Replies: 0
"Check out the new DVD trailer over in videos!http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/886692.html"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,448    Replies: 22
" Ello all, I just started spinning about a week ago and love it, but I can't get same time hip reels down. I've got the 3 beat weave, butterfly, buzzsaw, and reel turns down. I can a..."
Views: 3,134    Replies: 9
"I wanted to ask everyone's opinion on this. I'm an intermediate glow spinner and want to move onto fire this Spring. I know I want kevlar double loop handles and an oval chain...but a..."
Views: 1,595    Replies: 0
"Hey poi peeps that are fluent in languages other than English:Please check this post out!http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/885339.html"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,194    Replies: 8
"I was just watching this video and I'm confused. There is a note on it that says it it different from the 2 beat weave on a side plane, but I just don't see how, unless it's just the w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,633    Replies: 1
"Hi, I want to wrap the text through programming using POI in excel file.If any one know, Please send the reply.Thanks,nani"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,943    Replies: 4
"so the reverse 3 beat is learned (thank you HOPers on youtube for your amazing lessons) now ive been tyring to figure out the forwards, and well its not clcking. any suggestions?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,715    Replies: 13
"I have been spinning for just over a couple months now. I know that poi is a good general exercise. I am finding that my shoulders ache after a few minutes. I know it is just my usin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,632    Replies: 24
"So, I was practicing in my dorm room- interesting in its own right. Our beds are both lofted so I have about a 4-foot wide corridor in which to spin. It's just small enough that I have ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,543    Replies: 8
"So like...When I transitioned from glowsticks to my 1cup-per-hand poi, I could barely play with those poi for over a minute. Now, I can whittle away with them for half an hour, but I ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 145,881    Replies: 86
"edit- now with descriptions - Of one characteristic member of each family.some families have 60-100+ members.and over simplified definitions of ways of spinning and of fundamentals, you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,365    Replies: 1
"hi, i'm kind of new in Poi, i'v started practicing like 1 month ago, but even with the tutorial videos, I'd still want someone to help me perfect my techniques. Because In June im going..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,191    Replies: 1
"hi, well, im starting in Poi and i would like to advance to the art of Fire poi. but i know it would be could to learn from someone experimented, so i live near montreal. if someone cou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,111    Replies: 7
"I'm a beginner to poi I just started today in fact, I can already do a few basic moves like forward and backward swings, split time swinging and high and low turns. I use glowsticks and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,478    Replies: 9
"Hi every one.I am Yuta from Japan.I am positing online poi lessons and othere lessons on youtube.For now, its only spoken japanese, but enough english text.I'll speak Japanese and Engli..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,157    Replies: 9
"Lets get some sharing going on different variations of more basic movements. Theres another thread I had going that made reference to Canoes, thats one variation. Another is butterfly c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,053    Replies: 26
"Are they the same thing?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,170    Replies: 19
"So I picked up poi about, I don't know, 5 months ago when my live in girlfriend and I broke up. We got back together and I lost all the time I had to practice, slowly leaving the oh so ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 29,957    Replies: 54
"ive been trying to learn a basic weave for over 2 weeks now, and im so frustrated im ready to quit. Ive repeatedly hit myself in the face and in the crotch, and its just not fun an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,903    Replies: 4
"Okay I'm kinda new to poi, and I saw some pictures on flowtoys.com of letters made with poi and was wondering if you guys knew were I could find a lesson or some advice on "writing..."
Views: 1,418    Replies: 0
"big-g fire poi life 09.01.02 http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=tvSt4gxne3g happy new year everyone in home poii love you"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,926    Replies: 2
"So I have been trying to learn this move for an hour or so, and came out of it quite surprised. I can do the behind the back cross over from the right side, but not the left. However, I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,554    Replies: 17
"Ok, I tried searching and I didn't really find the answer that I was looking for, so I'm sorry if this is a similar topic to another one...Here is my problem:When I try to do a simple w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,271    Replies: 2
"My left hand doesn't have the strength that my right does. Any tips other then just practice practice practice you have on strengthening it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,826    Replies: 8
"I've watched the ONLY video I can find until my eyes are about to bleed and read through some old threads, but I am still having the same problem and am hoping for some new/better advic..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,264    Replies: 13
"Hi! I am new to this forum and I just started Poi! My friend Pele said it is a good exercise! Any tips and advice? I bought a set of tailed Poi and I am just working on both forward..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,056    Replies: 31
"Hello All,I need help with tangles. I've been working on them for several months and have gotten better, but it is still a random thing and I need some advice.What makes the poi wrap ar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,117    Replies: 7
"Hi Im pretty new at this.Been on and off since November 2007.All in all about 3 months practice...so I know a few begginer tricks eg:front and back spinning same and split time,3 - 4 an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,552    Replies: 6
"I just need someone to give me some kind of description on how to do the tuck turn. The video just isn't sufficient enough."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,539    Replies: 5
"No, this is not dirty in any way. So anyways, I was watching Gene Simmons Family Jewels, and Gene was doing a promotion for his comic 'Dominatrix' so he was actually taken to a dominatr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,377    Replies: 6
" Hi, I am beginner who started about 4 weeks ago. I can do all the oficial beginner mover up to Chasing the Sun on this site. I want to start incorporating movement into my poi but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,601    Replies: 8
"hey up yall ive bin doing some stuff for a couple of years now n i might try poi with out hitting my self now n was wondering any of u got like some easy trick learning list coz i keep ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,319    Replies: 15
"So I'm absoluetly in love with the waist wrap and BTB moves in general right now, becuase they look absoluetly jedi to me. I've been cassualy training them for at least 3 months, and so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,000    Replies: 9
"So believe or not, ivé been thinking a little What I always see in poispinners when they spin (including myself) is that they tend to spend at least 80-95% of their for example 8 minut..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,961    Replies: 23
"Hey People, Have you wanted a personal poi teacher?Well here i am.if you have aim or yahoo messenger and a webcam i can help youif you dont have a webcam i can do one way videomy yahoo ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,433    Replies: 30
"Need I ask more? Right now I'm going backwards, a quick wrap around the wrists and voi-la...it's not quite that easy for me yet of course because I'm still practicing but yeah...just c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,283    Replies: 6
"Hi everyone!I guess I'm an intermediate beginner or beginning intermediate spinner, but I am have the worst trouble getting my planes straight at the small of my back and over my head. ..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter