Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,683    Replies: 2
"Well, I thought of this, but haven't tried it yet (I'm ill, and it's raining SO hard outside ) Do a 3-beat weave. Right then, the "wheel" bit it travelling from right to left to righ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,673    Replies: 1
"What's up everyone? I've been spinning (glowstix) for almost 3 years now... found out about this site a couple months ago... and just found out about the message board... I'm always loo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,134    Replies: 10
"Sorry...forgot this one which can be used with staff or if you have the knack of the two poi in one hand (which I don't have) then I imagine that would be pretty awesome with this.WORD ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,088    Replies: 11
"Hi All,I'm just wondering if anyone knows an elegant way of going from two poi spinning forwards at sides, to two poi spinning in opposite directions at sides which can be done at speed..."
Views: 4,070    Replies: 0
"Ok - didn't know what to call it.Giant windmill, but turning around.. erm.So you start one arm doing a large circle, and the other follows it, basically your arms are always 180 degrees..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,556    Replies: 1
"in jo's video he does a butterfly but the poi cross at the sides and not the top.also he does this alternating on each side of his bodyi would love to know how to do this."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,566    Replies: 9
"Not sure if this really qualifies as a new move--it's really more like a variant on an existing move:After I got reasonably comfortable with the 5-beat weave, I realized I could change ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,834    Replies: 4
"I was just making some practice poi for a friend and having attached the balls to either end of a cord began wondering about all the comments about kusari gama etc .. and wondering what..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,484    Replies: 19
"*quite possibly already been discussed but here goes*I'm sure they must but I have only seen one peron do it. It looks lovely. I don't know the right words in use here but its two circl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,520    Replies: 5
"I don't know, maybe it would work for long ones as well but having been inspired by Xaeda's fantastic videos I thought I might post this one. If these have been done then I am sorry.Yes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,404    Replies: 3
"Drake - thanx for the post... i've tried the move in split time and it does look good indeed - i don't know if you have found any difficulties switching sides with in-time butterflies..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,296    Replies: 7
"Lacking any degree of creativity, I happily plagiarise from other arts. this is one I've stolen from the Chinese martial arts weapon called the steel whip. Actually, the steel whip is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,021    Replies: 3
"Okay, here's a move I made up that I haven't seen anywhere else. The timing is tricky, but it is possible.Start by spinning in front of your body, both chains traveling in time either ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,884    Replies: 3
"I've been messing about with wraps recently and found a very easy but effective one for a real quick and smooth change of direction.While spinning poi forward you put your hands under y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,518    Replies: 4
"firstly the 360 weave.after you can change from forwards to backwards weave on either side you can just spin round. the faster you get the further the poi get from you and you get a di..."
Views: 2,677    Replies: 0
"Another easy move folks - i bet some of you never tried it though...1) swing the poi in reverse and in time2) cross the poi in front of you3) when they reach the highest point of their ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,185    Replies: 1
"Peace and Love to everyone! Merry Christmas! Happy Hannukah! Happy Days and nights.I'm trying to figure out how to flip while using poi. Does anyone do this in their act?Without poi, I ..."
Views: 3,454    Replies: 0
"simos described a butterfly weave, well thats all dandy and fun but try it with split time butterflys on each side. you can do it fast and it looks really great, especially from the fro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,717    Replies: 4
"well probably others have come up with these moves too but i hope it gives some start points for new moves to some of you (oh god i don't know how to start describing it):well basically..."
Views: 3,379    Replies: 0
"hey :) I posted this on another thread on the main board, but I thought I'd transfer it over so it doesn't get lost in the piles of messages :) It's a garbled writeup of a ground move ..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter