Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,863    Replies: 8
"Mucking around late Friday night, I discovered I could thread the needle (forwards) in split time I can't see any mention in the archives of this, but someone out there must have expe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,056    Replies: 12
"Doing a reverse butterfly, i splitimed it and moved my hands upward making theBF spin horizontally. But the Bf is not flat. It is creating an atom shape around me. My hands are bout chi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,965    Replies: 1
"Got it last night Add a spin in the middle and it seems like it stays forever above your head.Ready to take on 6-beat windmill. Should be painfully fun ------------------&lbr;&rbr;Dh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,972    Replies: 3
"when i first found this site a few months ago i saw the 5 beat weave for the first time. i picked it up the next day, but the reverse was giving me a lot of trouble so i stopped trying..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,843    Replies: 3
"hi everyone!!i kinda need some help....i can't seem to figure how to do 4 beat windmills....where do i put those extra beats???i'm kinda gettin a little frustrated and the black eye i j..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,025    Replies: 5
"Hello everyone! This is my first post, so I hope it's not too stupid of a question. Is it possible do go from a one-handed butterfly to a one-handed overhead or btb butterfly? It is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,161    Replies: 1
"so on this sight its called the low weave. it is from experience doing and watching the move that i vote for a renaming of the move to the funky monkey. the lower the bend the funkier..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,425    Replies: 18
"Couldn't find anything very helpful on this... I can probably do it, i just don't know what it is, heh... I can do a lower fountain no probs.Any info?Something with a windmill and a low..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,957    Replies: 9
"I can't seem to find any moves that blend into this except chasing the sun (the corkscrew basically IS chasing the sun, really) and, a bit messy, the reverse weave...You need both poi m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,298    Replies: 2
"Hi yall, this is my first post and I am rather new to this, but heres my question: It took me a couple days to get down the three beat weave and I finally got it! in my exictement I dec..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,717    Replies: 8
"Heya ppl,I'm having a (really) hard time doing a butterfly in equal timing.Split time is going good, but my socks (LOL) keep bouncin into eachother no matter what i try. I followed inst..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,020    Replies: 2
"I learnt this at a wicked free party at St Alfreds Tower, New Forest from the guy who did the spinning scenes in the film the beach.Start with reverse butterfly. As you know from here y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,978    Replies: 8
"well i just saw yesterday a pretty interesting move for two people and thought i'de share it.imagine two people - each holding one poi in opposite hands and facing each other. then they..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,026    Replies: 3
"hey guys what up. I was wondering what the difference is between the corkscrew and the horizontal mexican wave. Thanx muchMatty"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,776    Replies: 1
"does anyone know any good glow stick dane moves? i wanna learn some new moves so i can add it to my variety of moves casue u cant always get the space for breaking and liquid dancing.. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,744    Replies: 5
"okay guys, if you care to share like the Care Bear Stare please give me a few tips on how to do the between the leg butterfly!!! I will wuv oo foreva!also what is the 5 beat btb? can y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,085    Replies: 2
"I've just read you're 5 beat weave accomplishment you posted a few days ago....congrats!Anyway, the video for the 5 beat on the site is really hard to make out and I come from a place i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,373    Replies: 13
"i am so frustrated! i started spinning about a month and a half ago, practicing off and on.. i've gotten the butterfly (forward and backward swing) and the begining variations (forward ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,691    Replies: 7
"ok this was the first move i created (knowing only like 5 moves) so it is very easy but alot of people say it looks very cool. my friends and i call it the "dark monkey" (because i came..."
Views: 1,770    Replies: 0
"some people have surely discovered this but here goes anyway. start by doing a backward swing, and when the poi are at the bottom, turn around 180º really fast. by then the poi should ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,662    Replies: 1
"right, you know the alternating butterfly which everyone can go the moment they pick up the poi, just like alternating left and right crossing circles? well, for some reason it's not ve..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,053    Replies: 6
"Ever have problems finding ways to get into the butterfly smoothly? Here`s my way.....Do the bkw weave, and turn as if you are turning into the fwd weave. When you start to turn, open u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,059    Replies: 4
"There's a pattern I enjoy doing which I just realised from reading another thread is called a 'lower fountain'. That is where you do a weave 'side-on' on, say, your left and alternate i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,980    Replies: 14
"there is a whole new world of triks out there that i havent seen once on this site... they are the wrap arounds.. they give off a dope reverse effecr and wirl pool action... there WAY t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,725    Replies: 3
"Well i can do pretty good the one that is showed in this page... but iwas wondering if do a botterfly in front of me and then i do like a overhead butterfly but i stay it on the back......"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,996    Replies: 7
"ok..to date the 5 beat weave has evaded me as well.last night i was messing with tuck turns again. I was crisscrossing in same-time but tucking under my arm pit on each side. (not turni..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,791    Replies: 19
"Hey, can anyone tell me what moves look good together and flow together. I am having great difficulty trying to work thins bit out. Any moves you know would be great.How long did it tak..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,583    Replies: 1
"im getting problems doing this one... jeez!everytime im try my pois hit my legs but in the back side of my body dunno if i explained well what i mean ;( the back side of the leg you kno..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,115    Replies: 2
"a good combo with the horizontal mexican weave? i havent saw a video clip or nothing of someone doing combos with it ;("
Last Reply by
Views: 1,913    Replies: 1
"hello everybodyi'm here to tell you about an amazing new sport I invented with my friend hefty jeff last time we were down in queenstown.it's really just a night time version of swingba..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,329    Replies: 6
"well okay im confused about this move i saw the gif animation of this site and i see it as dunno a corkcrew but with opposite directions... you know the corkcrew goes <--- <--..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,744    Replies: 8
"Alright people, my fellow Poists, begginers, amatures, and profesionals, what we have here is a move that can be done, but takes a lot of OOOOuuuuuuch!!! and pain, but then again what m..."
Views: 1,654    Replies: 0
"okay...i mentioned this in another post but it's driving me nuts as two days later i still haven't figured it out.it goes something like this. to get an idea of the move, do the chasin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,684    Replies: 2
"I am not sure the point in TTN...am I doing it wrong? do the circles do anything different from doing the butterfly? is it just to make different hand movments?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,201    Replies: 3
"Hello to everyone!I'd firstly like to take this opportunity to greet everyone in the forums, as well as congratulate the webmaster for his great job. keep it all up.As noticed, I'm a ne..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,306    Replies: 11
"Right, not sure if this is a new move but i can't find any description of it, obviously this is harder if it doesn't have a name. When i first started learning poi i was trying the wea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,591    Replies: 11
"This isnt a new move or anything, and even at that its very simple. I was playing around last night with tuck turns. I was having a blast doing them without turning. (is that called a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,170    Replies: 4
"Ok, last night while twirling i decided to try something that i have seen a few people do on video clips. I soaked my staff wicks and instead of letting them drain went straight outside..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,318    Replies: 26
"This move involves starting off with the reverse buterfly whilst facing forward. Instead of threading one hand forward after the other, try threading back one hand after the other. Ever..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,856    Replies: 12
"okay i know theres a whole dabate on wraps, i just wanted to see how many wraps the more experienced fire dancers like to do? a couple a whole lot. i know it is all preference, just w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,445    Replies: 3
"Okay, sorry to ask newbie questions, but:I have the reverse weave down pretty well, but when I bring my right hand back over to my right side, it seems like I have to move my arm a lot*..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,501    Replies: 2
"You know when you have a dream about poi, for most of us that would be more often than we think. Regardless, it is an enticing buzz when you articulate a move from a dream that one thou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,773    Replies: 6
"i've just cracked the one handed double poi corckscrew and i was just wondering if any one else out there was doing much one handed stuff and what the posibilities are. i'm trying other..."
Views: 1,187    Replies: 0
"Thought I'd drop this one on you guys it's a real easy butterfly vartion to keep going with and I haven't had my problems with it. Simply do a butterfly then at the same time put your l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,643    Replies: 4
"I just learned the BTB weave! It seems easy now that I have it down. I've been twirling for about 4 months and can't wait to see how much my skills will improve in another 4!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,999    Replies: 6
"*gasps* Can't believe it..I learned both the BTB Forward and Reverse Weaves..just shows ya..ANYONE can do it with enough practice. (:Happy Twirling!CRD"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,183    Replies: 4
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Okay, I have learned most of the more common moves. I can do them forward, left to right and right to left (though being right handed, my left hand tends to be a bi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,761    Replies: 11
"Any top tips?Help me outta my frustration. I've got the forward version, and I'm a super-strings distance away from getting the reverse, but it just F@#ks up everytime, entangling, main..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,535    Replies: 9
"Here's a nifty move that's not terribly difficult but looks impressive if done right.Swing the poi forward into a chase the sun, alternating one swing on each side of you. When the poi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,164    Replies: 4
"I want to know if my move, which is similar to the double helicopter/around back move is new or not? When I do the double spin in each hand above ny head, the first spin is through my f..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter