Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,146    Replies: 2
"Hi, all, as you all know, im new to poi, and im having a bit of a problem distinguishing between a mexican wave and a windmill. They seem to be the same thing. Are they? Or am i doing s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,230    Replies: 1
"wheeew! finally.Just got the one handed butterfly to double le wrap to double leg wrap again to behind the head one handed BF. I'm working on raising my leg and wrapping it again behin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,353    Replies: 2
"Help!! I'm trying to switch a one-handed butterfly from right side to left - to do a figure of 8 type move. I just can't get it, not sure if it needs to be taken over or under the elno..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,443    Replies: 5
" OK, 2 things:#1, Any good ways of going into or out of the overhead weave?And #2, Got down the BTB weave, RBTB weave, X3$X4 Corkscrews, BTB 360 Etc. Can't flow from one to the oth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,293    Replies: 1
"I don't think I am getting this right.. I start with a regular weave and then as they are on one side, instead of bringing them back over to the other side, i keep them there and let th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,829    Replies: 24
"I know there have been a smattering of "doubles poi moves" posted here and there but with the awesome results posted in the 56+ wraps posts I kinda wanted to do the same for doubles mov..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,373    Replies: 23
"i dont know if all of you got this e-mail but i saw some of your names in the adresses but i was pretty impressed by this guys btb weave, its a better video than i have seen thus far......"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,040    Replies: 13
"Well as the topic says... how much do you use the btb weave? I myself I know btb weave is pretty cool when you go from a weave and then BTB weave, do a few turns and return to the same ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,908    Replies: 6
"when doing a corkscrew i messed up and "stirred" the pot in the same direction, now if you don't alternate (stir the pot and brush the hair) at the same time, and make one hand go lower..."
Views: 2,230    Replies: 0
"i cant find the thread where xaeda told about the butterfly wave and when your right hand is behind your head you can bring it in front by wrapping it around your head. the whole thing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,761    Replies: 2
"What I find that helps me the best to learn thing is to just use one hand at first. It seems to be the easiest way for me to learn something new. I pretend I have 2 but only use 1. Then..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,407    Replies: 6
"Is the overhead weave the same as the windmill, ie, mexican wave but done higher, or is it 3 beat like a normal weave? I've watched the about weaves in the Art of Poi video a couple of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,694    Replies: 1
"i couldnt find it on here but if you do the quad windmill in time instead of split its the 2beat chase the sun 2behind 2 in frontthanx 4 the correction i wuz drunk at the time i wont be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,575    Replies: 5
"Yesterday I made my first ever homemade bag poi's, man these suck...I used some old rainbow crap yarn, some newspaper, and some bright pink/blue computer paper, and I topped it off nice..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,512    Replies: 4
"I've been wondering what are the favorites combos from all the people here?would be nice to get any new ideas..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,707    Replies: 16
"i dont know if you guys are into butterfly moves, or if you can already do this one, but here goes anyway.......okay to start with stand with you feet shoulder width apart, parrallel wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,535    Replies: 3
"It looks really cool but i can't figure it out. I can start with the butterfly then go into the low wave, but from there I can't figure out how to bring the poi up by your head.. A li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,832    Replies: 9
"So I'm sure I'm not the only one to think of this. but does anyone else actually throw their poi up in the air and than catch them while on fire? I do that and am learning how to throw ..."
Views: 1,607    Replies: 0
"i have recently made some poi from some soft foam, like you find in a plumbing store, for insulation of hot water pipes or cold. with a small lead weight incased a peice of garden hose,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,873    Replies: 4
"can any of you technical junkies pull a bhb split time butterfly crossover? thats bhb left side > right side not front to back"
Views: 3,482    Replies: 0
"o.k. its raining in rotorua so instead of poiing im sitting here like a fool....these moves are for one handed butterflies, carrying one in each hand, i hope you guys can follow itas i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,778    Replies: 8
"I have looked at the lesson for the windmill... and i have no idea what it is exactly. Can someone tell me what it is? Like is it like the overheard butterfly, or is it more like a chas..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,880    Replies: 6
"ok, about two weeks ago, i had down turning whil in BTB weaves, and even though it wasnt the prettiest thing in the world, i could do it consistently. then, since its not the most fun m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,885    Replies: 11
"Hi everyone...I have just started spinning.I have really two questions for this post.1)Any tips on beginning??2) I have read the instructions on the "Chasing The Sun" move....but I cant..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,594    Replies: 8
"In the Dangerboy video on this site where he doesn't do any 1 handed stuff, what is that move he does behind his neck? It looks like he is bring a weave infront of him, to behind his ne..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,568    Replies: 6
"ive stumbled across an extra spin! if you continue the 5 beat for an extra weave, and then tuck your leading hand up behind your elbow, the poi will wrap around your arm and then keep g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,354    Replies: 1
"Yehaw! For most of monday night I was trying to start on this 4,200 word paper due on the 4th. I find it quite depressing considering I was supposed to have started around July, so I pi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,041    Replies: 8
"I think this could help some people, so I'm going to ask and see if my guess is right. In my opinion, the quadruple corkscrew is *much* easier then the 5 beat weave (because i have yet ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,257    Replies: 1
"i need more splittime wraps and comboslike st butterfly right poi neckwrap, on out left poi neckwrap, on out right poi neckwrap + left poi right forearm wrap"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,492    Replies: 2
"its about time i learned tha reverse weave, its not tha preetest weave in tha world, but i seen worse...: at on my own back:::"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,692    Replies: 13
"ok, so there isnt exactly an infinite number of poi moves, and someone has very probably done this before. However I have searched for something familiar and have found no names associa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,066    Replies: 18
"I just found how to do a 6 beat wave. Itz very easy. Found out when i was tryin to do the 5 beat wave which i still have no clue how to do. It really looks like a side-ways butterfly.To..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,244    Replies: 2
"i did a search on this and found a couple of threads that hinted at under the leg things. I am presently trying to learn some more though, and cant reall figure out how to do too many...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,451    Replies: 3
"Hey all! I was just playing around with the corkscrew move. As I toyed with what ever i could do in and out of the corkscrew, I found, that a weave is a good way to lead into a corkscre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,722    Replies: 11
"Made my first set of glowstick poi the other day (in preparation for an indoors party). Started having a spin with them and then had some fun with wraps.My favorite at the moment (and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,525    Replies: 6
"I'm from new york city. I need help in the 5 point weave and triple/quad windmill or corkscrew. I tried reading all these descriptive messages that people leave. It just doesn't work. I..."
Views: 2,625    Replies: 4
"Hey wutzup... RaVeR SurGe here and i got the 4 beat weave... cuz i do an extra twist with my right on the right side and an extra twist on the left on my left side.... now is that a 5 b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,236    Replies: 2
"Can someone describe how to do these moves in great detail? From which direction you are spinning, to the position of your arms and the position of the poi or glowstick when you change ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,468    Replies: 1
"When 'performing' the overhead butterfly I vary the move by doing the following:Swing poi in front then behind the head, back to the front THEN I place my hands behind my lower back. I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,471    Replies: 6
"First, Id like to thank all of you whos advice was given to me about how to increase the number of beats in my weave. Now, for another weave related topic, is how do I get these damn we..."
Views: 2,427    Replies: 0
"I have a thing that I do with my practice poi where I do a wrap around a leg/arm, then throw the counterweight-handle around and it unwraps as the head of the poi is still wrapping (you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,715    Replies: 6
"Hello all, I've been spinning now for just a couple of month's after attending a rave where somebody busted out with fire poi, granted I had seen it with glowsticks many times befor..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,181    Replies: 9
"I know this has been mentioned in passing befor, but I figured it was getting to the point of needing its own thread. #1 equipment: Poi with a glow stick on each end. I normaly use a ch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,280    Replies: 12
"I don't know whether anyone has ever tried this (i did a search but didn't find anything).The other day i kinf flicked my string/wire/chain when doing a really slow backwards weave. Thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,817    Replies: 11
"i think i just nailed the 3 beat weave!!! *wo0-ho0* i feel like a poi-god..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,796    Replies: 9
"Alright. Ive been spinning for about a month now. Its incredibly addicting. I have got down the three beat weave, and I have looked at the lessons page to try and increase the number of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,573    Replies: 5
"Last week i tried this ummm butterfly on my left side and then i start alternating the butterfly from right to the left really fastbut i pass firts one poi then the other and it looks l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,166    Replies: 4
"I'll try to explain this as briefly as possible...Start with a Butterfly but with the pois crossing at the sides of the circle instead of top and bottom. Practice turning around to a re..."
Views: 1,656    Replies: 0
"Okay still havent'y gotten this one down smoothly (cause practice poi with those streamer things don't like it)anyways here is the concept..doing a weave lift you right leg and come up ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,303    Replies: 7
"Help! I've searched on this, but found nothing. Whats the trick to stop the chains hitting each? I get them going for a few revolutions and can't keep them apart, and believe me I have ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter