Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,689    Replies: 13
"Can anyone explain EXACTLY what a wrap is...I read and read and read the lists of amazing sounding wraps, but *cough cough* I just dont get it.Is the chain of the poi actually "winding"..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,947    Replies: 6
"Started practicing again and came up with something.Anyways, if you're into btl moves you know that you can enter and exit the poi from infront and behind.The added twist is starting wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,319    Replies: 22
"Come on guys here's one for you. I need to know how to do the weave behind your back. Any little tricks to allow me to master this incredibly difficult move.cheerspeace outgarbo "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,658    Replies: 9
"Ok, I'm an experienced wrap artist and use colorchange wraps consistently throughout my routine, so I AM NOT A NEWBIE to this. This may sound like a dumb question, but what exactly is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,314    Replies: 19
"what's teh best thing to learn first, I've been working on teh butterfly but it's really still eluding me, my left hand just can't keep the spin on teh right plane, and it ends up looki..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,399    Replies: 9
"Right'o , got this one down the other day whilst having a poi session with Kaot in the park!Sort of a 4 beat windmill then some!as you do 2 beats infront then as you stick them behind y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,863    Replies: 8
"i was wondering if any one could help me i would like to know how to do an atomic simble. ive heard it can be done but ive never seen it."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,401    Replies: 3
"You know... i have tried for soo many BTL butterfly... i cant do it... these are my problems...1-Sometimes they crash 2-other times they attach each other bleh3-Other times i do it righ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,388    Replies: 9
"Ok, it looks like a weave. I even tried describing it over the phone to someone and they said it sounded like a weave... but it bothers me. it doesn't &lbr;i/ feel /i&rbr; like a weave...."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,396    Replies: 27
"yup,,,so the weave was one of the first moves I learned (or thought I learned) and recently I was watching the video of the weave and I realized that the way I'm doing the weave is pret..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,571    Replies: 3
"Ive been working on a five stroke weave for a while now and i cannot figure it out. so i had my freind over the other day and were hangin out and decide to do some poi. He's been doin i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,610    Replies: 5
"ok basically what i;m doing is a butterfly on the side and then i bring it up over my head and back down to the other side. sometimes it goes really really smoothly but a lot of the tim..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,791    Replies: 12
"Did you know you can do this behind the back?Though it isn't quite burning the nose...I'm going to call it..."BURNING THE BUM" w00t!------------------&lbr;&rbr;Dhuong-Vu Truong== &lbr;&..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,736    Replies: 6
"Kind of got this one by accident today when attempting the reverse btb 5-beat weave (didn't get it completely in the end as I got a bit caught up trying this).Start off in the (forward..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,917    Replies: 7
"The message is pretty much teh subject. I just find I can't keep my wrists taht close or the balss collide....and advice on this?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,286    Replies: 4
"i just thought i'd ask this question.. i've been doing glowstick poi for over a year now.. and fire poi for a few months.. and my move database is seriously lacking in the fire category..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,673    Replies: 4
"Ok, first, the whole alternate butterfly thing. I am doing pretty well if i just move my top hand over my shoulder and then back again, but that's it. I can only do my right. Any sugges..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,620    Replies: 5
"Hey everyone. Where on the web can I go to learn how to do wraps? All I find are jsu the normal twirling around stuff, ie butterfly, corkscrew. what are some good sites to go to for wr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,777    Replies: 8
"Alright,i started glowsticking about 3 or 4 months ago, i started because there was a blacklight party, and it got me going, my heart pouned the first time i saw them spin, i was in awe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,479    Replies: 4
"i have a new move. i started out doing the butterfly while lying on my back. that was a year ago. people here like that. of course in phoenix, arizona, there aren't to many good stringe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,129    Replies: 15
"Here's something i've been working on.-start with your left hand forward spinning, and your right hand reverse spinning.-Throw the left hand poi through your legs infront and throw your..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,486    Replies: 13
"Alrighty, in Capoeira we call this au sem mao (but with squigglies over some of those letters... anyhoo...)This is something I've been working on for a while. I look gimpy when doing it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,478    Replies: 3
"I was playing around with this infront of a window and in theory it should work...I was inspired by my new fondness of contact juggling and Glass's "Contact Staff"Basically the idea is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,732    Replies: 11
"This is a combonation of four tricks thrown together to make a circle. You do one rotation of each move and go on to the next one.First you do a corkscrew on your right with the poi spi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,004    Replies: 25
"I mean those move are with short strings?? or with the normal size strings...if they are like that how in the hell you can do it?!?! i still can figure out how... thats impossible! if s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,915    Replies: 42
"Ok, so I saw a kid do this at a rave I went to last weekend. It was mind blowing. its like a varriation of the weave, short strings, with glowsticks.The kid swings both sticks on the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,003    Replies: 18
"Well well well, here i was yesterday practicing with unlit poi.... when all of a sudden in the middle of an over head loop,i feel this CRACK at the base of my neck/head, youch..... look..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,740    Replies: 10
"with short strings, theres a move you can do the looks like a horizontal windmill. i think its called a corkscrew. however, i've seen people add a variation to it that i cant for the li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,980    Replies: 13
"Hey, i dunno if u ppl already new about this but i kinda did it on accident and thought it was cool looking enough to post....in the middle of ur poi routine or whatever try grabbing on..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,588    Replies: 2
"Yea so i am just not understanding them, so if you could help me (or if you know where there is a clearer instuctional vid on these 2) then email me adidas110584@onebox.com or IM me o0 ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,540    Replies: 6
"ok.. still can't get a real 5 beat weave, but ran accross this fake vertion last night.assuming ya know how to 'roll' threw from a forward weave turn 180d and spin into a reverse weave...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,677    Replies: 1
"Need some help with 4 poi moves, if anybody knows any moves I can do with 4 poi it would be very helpful. Been working on a one handed butterfly with both hands at once, but can anyone..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,131    Replies: 13
"I don't want to be so bold as to suggest something, because, well, hell. This site is the best resource on the Web for poi, and when compared with other resources of this nature it is *..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,841    Replies: 2
" If anyone has any info on four poi moves please let me know. So far ive got down a four poi alternate corkscrew type thing. Each hand has one poi on the thumb(I twist one finger loop..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,331    Replies: 6
"Sorry if this is really simpple but i just can't figure it out. I can do the corkscrew and I can come out of the corkscrew into a backwards split swing but I can't figure out how to get..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,772    Replies: 5
"okay i know what you are all thinking, this has been covered, or has it...not talking about 1 person passin gthe poi, i am talking about 2 people doing forward side circles facing each ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,736    Replies: 14
"Does anyone know a kool transistion from "the weave" to something behind and over the head. Peace all...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,475    Replies: 5
"I was just messing around with two poi in my hand one on my pinky and the other on my pointer.. and all of a suden I did a weave... Unfortunately I can only do the weave once before it ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,218    Replies: 18
"Hi y'all!I was wondering what different planes, combinations and positions you can perform the classic 'atom' move where the poi spin at right angles to each other, producing a trail li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,214    Replies: 12
"Hey! wheneva i light my poi they only seem to stay alight for about 3 mins and im finding it very frustrating as it means i don't have time to try all my tricks. How can i keep them ali..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,597    Replies: 10
"HEY EVERYBODY, IM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS STUFF IVE BEEN GOIN TO RAVES AND SUCH FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS, IVE SEEN A FEW PEOPLE DOING THIS AND ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN SNOW I AM. I CAN DO THE WEAVE A..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,952    Replies: 22
"okay guyz.. i learned thread the needle and split time thread the needle a long time ago.. and i never almost never ever ever use it in any of my performances/clubs/or at raves down her..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,266    Replies: 8
"After seeing the COL vids there was only one guy (apologies for forgetting ya name) doing some throws. After a poi session last night I dreamt up loads of poss throws which should flow ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,553    Replies: 3
"i need full, slow instructions.pretend i am a mentally retarded non-twirler, then try and explain.(i have the worst trouble visualising written explanations)"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,075    Replies: 5
"I finally figured out this whole wrap thing. It was like one of those riddles where you just CAN'T get it, but then someone points 1 little thing out, and *poof*, the answer is right th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,694    Replies: 50
"In doing a search on wraps I found it difficult to sort through them all. Most of the post turned into conversations about one particular wrap or glow/fire arguements What I would lov..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,779    Replies: 64
"Umm... from what I have seen, you guys around homeofpoi have been really focusing on your twirling. You've been focusing on your 5 beat 360s, btb weaves and 360s, quadrable corkscrews,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,763    Replies: 6
"Ok its sad to say this but I still CANT get the butterfly going but every other move i have down perfect. No matter how i approtch the butterfly (Fast or Slow) I always smack the sticks..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,029    Replies: 14
"mmm.. i tried spinning with 4 poi last night (one handed corkscrews with both hands) and it was the biggest kick. havent had a rush like that in such a long time. theres just fire EVERY..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,724    Replies: 12
"Hey I've been doin 360 btb weaves for a while now and btb butterfly handcuff wraps and btb weave wraps... I'm just wondering... are there any more BTB moves left out there? Besides btb..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter