Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,541    Replies: 25
"has any one got a funky way of coming out of a 360 weave? I've been working on coming out to a corkscrew but it's still very messy,Could extra beats be added in to a 360 weave??? lets h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,825    Replies: 11
"You know, Poi can get pretty frustrating at times. I have been at it now for about 10 months. I started off with glo-sticks (not knowing what Poi was called, or anything else about it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,831    Replies: 2
"Dunno if this move's new to anyone but I've discovered that from one handed butterfly you can take it over your head just like two handed overhead butterfly. Just get in to one handed b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,312    Replies: 20
"Hello all, I am new to this site so please excuse me if I am asking things which have been amply covered in previous discussions..What I am interested in is hearing from anyone who can ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,493    Replies: 6
"Well i got couple of sets of poi to learn this stuff and the boxed collection of COL/COL2 and the Art of Poi. Been trying to get the butterfly move for about 4 weeks now and making abso..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,492    Replies: 3
"I've got a lovely lump behind my ear after twatting myself at full pelt with PK's aerotechs, whilst doing BTB forwards. It sent me a bit concust for a while (nothing drastic or anything..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,613    Replies: 6
"hi, i just started spinning a few days ago, with my practice (tennis ball) poii was wondering how fast people perform their moves... i learnt the butterfly and a few other simple things..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,574    Replies: 5
"I can't decide what I want to learn next. I know the basic forward and backward swings. Butterfly, and recently got the weave. I just can't decide what to learn next, I think I'll go..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,529    Replies: 13
"I know this topic has been covered and infintesmal amoutn of times, and believe me, ive read the topics, heres what i dont get though, when i go from left to right side, my poi always t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,865    Replies: 21
"searching for a combi to come in a butterfly, what I do is just turn them in cross them after 1 or 2 circle. Find a way to come nice out but not in .DO u got some help for me out there "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,180    Replies: 7
"I think I got it, or atleast the basics going. It just feels weird because it's considered a 3 beat, but it feels like I'm only doing two. The one over, the one under, then, it's like..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,593    Replies: 2
"ok, I finally found something today that shows my whole reflection when I spin. unfortunately i saw I'm doing something wrong. when I do a fwd 5-beat weave, as I'm crossing back from th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,322    Replies: 2
"Hi as i said i'm a newbie at poi but i can do like the corkskrew, X above my head,a vaient of the butter fly, spiner and crossover both ways, so can some one tell me some tricks? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,358    Replies: 24
"Hey, what are all the various types of wraps/direction changing techniques you guys/girls know of? I recently got my weave-->butterfly &butterfly-->weave transitions down p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,418    Replies: 32
"Hmm. it falls under easy in the lessons, but it seems like a big step to me. I can do the forward swing, the backward swing, in equal and split timing. I can't do opposite directions ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,151    Replies: 6
"As editor of Phunky Phanzine, I have a question to put to you. Are you formally known as Phunky, or formerly known as Phunky?Thousands of your devoted fans are at a loss as to what to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,891    Replies: 3
"I've got sexy new wrap, I call it the 'Cross Strap' basically you throw each of the poi over your opposite shoulder. 'Forwards Cross Stap' lands on your shoulder blade and the chains fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,615    Replies: 9
"ok guys im sorry if there has already been a thread on this, i did look but chances are that i read every one except for the one that answers my question...sorry in advance if this is t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,452    Replies: 4
"Ok. my mate Chris was teaching me the fountain and he said it was like, overhead butterfly, low weave, butterfly, type thing. reading some posts on here seems it isnt. will someone plea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,630    Replies: 6
"i am trying to get the over under out thingy working and have come up with a slight problem....i KNOW i am doing something wrong ...but how the HECK do u ladies avoid hitting the fronta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,489    Replies: 10
"I find when I'm spinning that lots of other people want a go, but I have no idea what to teach them that's easy and encourages them to keep going with the poi.I've been trying to teach ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,809    Replies: 11
"Please help!!I having trying to get this 5 beat weave business sorted for ages, can someone please explain how you do it.From what i have understood (obviously not very well) is that yo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,426    Replies: 4
"fellow fire lovers,I have been fire staffing for quite a while now and have decided to buy myself some fire poi. I've had a bit of a look around and have discovered that quite a lot of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,322    Replies: 1
"HI i'm kind of new to poi but i knows about 6/7 tricks can someone tell me some more?Email me at nobody_knows67@hotmail.com "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,323    Replies: 5
"I was just mucking around then and I don't know if others can do it or not but has anyone ever tried a split way cross over? Well it's a new move in my mind now and I think it looks pre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,923    Replies: 21
"Towards the end of last summer, while I was at the peak of my practicing, I found myself doing all sorts of crazy beated weave/windmill/corkscrew things (never on purpose) while trying ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,017    Replies: 5
"Hi,I took up poi about a month ago. One thing I noticed when learning new moves is that it really helps if you choose the right music to learn something new to.For instance when learnin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,523    Replies: 11
"I have inveted a new trick called the corkskrew spiner you are spining and doing the corkskrew I think it will look good( ) with fire or gloing poi!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,342    Replies: 2
"It's a move that's done over the head..it looks to me, as the arms don't cross..kinda like a butterfly...but..it looks like it's one continuous circle..and..I'm not good at descriptions..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,404    Replies: 3
"I can already do the 3 point weave, i just dont know how to do the 5 point. someone please explain."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,282    Replies: 7
"WAH-HOO!!! I finally learned the btb weave!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,996    Replies: 22
"Can someone help me?? I have looked through other topics, but cant seem to find the answer, maybe someone can help me... pleeeaaassseee. O.k. so I can do my f/w and b/w weave mana..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,620    Replies: 2
"I just mastered the behind the back weave five minutes ago and I am sooooo incredibly excited!!! Finally, aftward weeks of practice, I finally got it. My question is on how to do a wr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,186    Replies: 2
"GRRRR!!! Ok, so I have the 5 beat weave, it looks beautiful, but apparently i'm doing it wrong?!?! With the right hand, I most definately do 3 beats on the right, and 2 on the left. I'v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,485    Replies: 18
"I started out using glowsticks, but i switched to poi and i use two fingers when i hold poi, and i don't know how to hold my glowsticks now, because if i use my thumb agains my for fing..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,267    Replies: 3
"i've been trying to find out some info on how to do the Fountain...but everytime i see somethin i just get confused anyone got any tips or good websites that i could go to? cheers! "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,387    Replies: 23
"Just out of curiosity, did you guys learn the forward 5-beat weave first or the reverse 5-beat weave?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,402    Replies: 2
"mm'k, i won't go into details, but i friend of mine was saying something about picking up a btb wevae by turning into it....how? I seriously can't figure out how that would work. I can ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,155    Replies: 8
"THE GOOD NEWS: I just got the btb weave.THE BAD NEWS: I can only do it naked.This news is especially bad for my roommate."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,609    Replies: 2
"I just started spinning fire about a week ago and I soon realised you cant't just start with your stuff lit t first you need a little praice first but I've became addicted already. It's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,550    Replies: 2
"Ok. what exactly are wraps? and how do you do them?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,749    Replies: 8
"Do someone now some moves while swinging in opposite direction except various weave and butterflies. I'm just on the way to find a strange move ! If you cross your arms and do a kind ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,324    Replies: 3
"Hey everyone...i recently saw a kid at my school do poi with glowsticks at a talent show. It was really cool, so i thought id give it a try. Is there anything i can use to learn, beside..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,879    Replies: 13
" (im using gowsticks) When ever I do wraps ...around my thigh for example...I smack my knuckles and finger nails so hard...it makes me wanna scream....is there something that im doing w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,451    Replies: 24
"Ok most of us have a stronger hand when twirling - this is usually the lead hand when learning new moves etc.Many people have a preferred direction to turn (eg I find turning to my left..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,799    Replies: 14
"I need more moves, but for glowsticks and help on what is the best length that the string should be in order for you not to get hit."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,594    Replies: 10
"I'd like to hear a good discussion of grip styles, since other people were asking too in the glowstick thread.What grips do you currently use? How do you minimize rubbing/cutting? Did y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,706    Replies: 4
"Hadnt seen anyone explain a trick like this, but with the poi travelling in a reverse spin in front of your body, bend down close to the ground and let the poi wrap from the outside of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,646    Replies: 5
"OK, so I have the one handed butterfly down backward and forward with no problems. Pretty much, I could sit there and do it all night if I was so inclined. It seems, however, that ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,068    Replies: 6
"So, I've gotten forward and reverse weave (I like to think of them as overhand and underhand, but that's just me). I can turn full, fluid circles in either direction and change directio..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter