Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,978    Replies: 2
"well i know ive already posted this but......i made up a movve(i think)!!!(whith tech advice from fwirl(lydia)).i calll it the arse rap (please tell me if this is not a new move!!)wel w..."
Views: 1,622    Replies: 0
"I hunted around but couldn't find anything on this one so I figured I'd post it for those who would like to know.It's possible to extend your Thread The Needle by a beat on each side, e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,766    Replies: 7
"Hey, Getting pretty much obsessed with this whole "POI" thing and so I think about it in bed and well you know.. so I had this vision this morning of spinning fire with aerials like..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,641    Replies: 1
"Hi there. When i´m starting to play I play the fwBF. Then I do and alternate (left hand btb right in front). Now I´m turning about 90° to the right and the left poi is now in a fw..."
Views: 2,409    Replies: 0
"Ok I have been experimenting a little with wraps over the last few weeks and haave come up with a nice little combo, here goes :1. Chase the Sun2. Stick right leg out and wrap both poi ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,562    Replies: 4
"I've been practicing trying to get the reverse weave down, but I haven't quite got the hang of it yet. I can turn from the forwards weave into the backwards weave but only hold it for l..."
Views: 3,253    Replies: 0
"I came up with this wrap combo a little over a year ago, and have yet to see anybody else do it. I think of it as my signature combo when I spin, and I always get a positive reaction w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,954    Replies: 8
"A few months ago, some friends approached me and asked me to do Poi for my High School's Senior Show before Graduation. I hadn't practiced for months before that, and I have a pair of m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,382    Replies: 1
"Ok I am working on the 5 beat cross(weave)and I got it down but I seem to get it on the right side but then revert to a double on the left,it still looks pretty cool though kindof a cor..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,044    Replies: 9
"what hurts worse? A hit from a raquetball(the blue ones) on the end of a home made set or unlite kevlar on a fire set? ________________________Life is a waterfall:S.O.A.D."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,727    Replies: 24
"Start doing the corkscrew and go to the weave, but then after you've done one beat on the left go up into the windmill!&lbr;Basically corkscrew to weave to windmill and out&rbr;It's a m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,623    Replies: 7
"Hello all,Im having trouble turning whilst doing the BTBW, im assuming i need to be able to do this forward and reverse to reach my goal.I dont have any trouble going from the reverse w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,330    Replies: 14
"i have always noticed that people are better at one of the base moves than the other.. (butterfly or weave).just wanted to know how naturally poi came to you (was it just easy to learn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,823    Replies: 9
"actually got 2 questions conserning windmill:is it possible to keep it on the back?andhave somebody done a 6-beat windmill?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,377    Replies: 25
"I remember reading somewhere that someone did a 7 beat weave. I think theres two ways of going about this. You can either let it go around your arm for another spin (like a wrap) or d..."
Views: 1,648    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,775    Replies: 14
"well I don't see this one mentioned anywhereIt is possible to do a 6 or 7 beat chase if you twist your hands a bit more. When you do a forward chase on your left, rotate your right poi ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,522    Replies: 5
"For those of you that don't know what a phantom move is.. it's basically a move that you nail by yourself but if there's anyone around you you can never nail it... or anything around th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,844    Replies: 18
"Try doing a fountain, but use the extra beats from a 5 beat weave, 5 beat backwards weave and a 4 beat windmill.. This move looks pretty cool!! Does anyone have a name for this??"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,671    Replies: 12
"Could someone please explain to me what the wicks are for the fire poi, on the website it says it's kevlar, i don't understand if you lite the whole head on fire or if there is a wick i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,683    Replies: 2
"OK so I've got the body and leg wraps down to a science, but still can manage to pull of nice arm wraps to reverse direction, If anybody can give me some advice it would be greatly appr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,494    Replies: 1
"I think I have made a new move for myself check it out. When you are doing the butterfly instead of takeing one arm and putting it behind your backby way of your top shoulder, take it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,844    Replies: 8
"ok, just in case your not quite sure what i'm talkin about, a release to me, is when you let go of the poi rope and catch it somewhere else, while makin it all look good. I have figured..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,658    Replies: 1
"Say, do any of you guys ever do any under the leg poi moves. I have been doing poi for about a year and am now struggling to find any moves i can't do. My mate and i have been inventing..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,715    Replies: 10
"okay, i'm not sure if anyone has done this already, but i came upon a new move...for me anyway. okay, its just like the butterfly except you cross your wrists and do the butterfly that ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,919    Replies: 11
" Ive been doing poi now for about 4 months and i have most of the moves down. But i am having real trouble with thread the needle and btb weave. Would appreciate some suggesstions pl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,684    Replies: 7
"I can do the BTB weave fine, and lately i've been working on the reverse (or for a few months actually, kind of stopped because of previous whackings of the head) When learning the reve..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,674    Replies: 7
"Ok, as i see it, when you subtract out wraps and aerials or rolls, there's a limited number of moves with poi, right? (although, on that note, i saw someone jumping back and forth over ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,854    Replies: 7
"Just curious if you guys used something like tape players or cd players when you're outside, or when youre outside do you not use any music at all?I've found my cd and tape players get ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,202    Replies: 4
"call me new but BTB weave is obviously not reverse weave - which i have recently bent my head around and got. I can do BtB butterfly but weave???!!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,814    Replies: 7
"OK guys I have a new wrap that I have taught myself, Dom has seen it at Glastonbury (well half of it anyway and now I have completed the second half. The Move Start with Forwards Weave ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,838    Replies: 9
"Ok, so i know at teh very least it's possible to do a butterfly between your arms in reverse. that's my starting point. i'm not sure if it's possible fwds or not (something about teh wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,813    Replies: 23
"Having a bit of difficulty in transitionsParticularly from weeave to butterfly and vice versa.When doing a weave do you turn ninety degrees with one hand in front and the other behind t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,138    Replies: 10
"Start to do Split Timing forewards and move the poi closer to each other until the left poi is spinning foreward and the right poi is crossing the other poi. this move can also be calle..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,537    Replies: 2
"I hope this isnt too off the subject but I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to liquid. I wanted to learn how to do that and the poi, (not at the same time though) but i'm havin a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,227    Replies: 23
"Some questions:-How can I learn to dance with the poi more?-Is it better to be able to dance with the poi or to do more tricky moves?I know someone who can make the easiest moves look b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,450    Replies: 7
"hey i'm doing a fire show infront of a big huge crowd like next weekend and my friend and i have some problem..... we need to find a costume to wear... well.. the colour code is Red, Bl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,029    Replies: 6
"Ok the BTB weave on the rotations on the sides your does the poi rotate twice on the same side as the hand or twice on the oppiset side as the hand?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,765    Replies: 5
"I was just curious if any of you knew any unique tricks besides swingin circles and stuff...for instance, i saw a girl who took her shoe off with the glowstix swung it around her head a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,719    Replies: 5
"I'm a new member and didn't know what a "butterfly" was until I joined this site. I mean, I can do a "butterfly", just didn't know that's what it's called.Anyhow, I was looking at the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,599    Replies: 17
"A new combination I was playing around with was something I called 4 Quarter Combination. I'm not sure if others use it or not but it runs pretty smoothly and I'm guessing it would look..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,730    Replies: 2
"Well i have been having some trouble with the backwards weave, but besides that, what other tricks can i do from backwards swings??Also, thanx to Sub and Mark P for helpin me with the r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,707    Replies: 6
"Good board...cheers...I've just got the 3 beat weave behind the back down (ish). I've found the best way to get to grips with the slightly harder moves is to practice the different elem..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,067    Replies: 15
"Before you start moaning I've search and the threads for help and there isn't much there.I've got the basics ie. the corkscrew, windmill and various other turns n weave ish type things...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,580    Replies: 15
"Thanks Pozee for opening up my eyes to a whole dew direction..... reverse..... Goes to prove I haven't studied up all the moves here yet ... Anyway, once I got home, remembered what..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,319    Replies: 23
"well, i was practicing crotch wraps this morning (i guess i was bored) they hurt less than pretty much anything else, since they didn't contact bare skin. Anyhow, i think it would actua..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,731    Replies: 4
"Well I don't know if this is worth posting or not but I thought I share something I've never seen anyone else do (only having seen a dozen or so spinners though what can you expect). O..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,380    Replies: 4
" Finally plucked up the courage to try this at a party in Priddy Woods (Cheddar/UK).Basically just involves getting good at burn the nose (there are threads somewhere describing this m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,652    Replies: 8
"I looked at the frickin lesson on it and still cant get it....whats up with the left and going over the right, wouldnt the POI get tangled up or wrap on ur right arm?????????? really co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,477    Replies: 9
"hey,I have to say, I have run out of moves! I can basically do all the moves in the "Poi Lessons" and a few more but now I don't have any moves to learn! Can someone please help?Thanx!!..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter