Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,154    Replies: 2
"It's the Weave but the poi are spinning in oppoisite directions. Has anyone heard of this being done?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,371    Replies: 5
"TTN? i neeeeeed to know soooon "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,462    Replies: 3
"How do people make thousands of tiny sparks fly off their poi while spinning them reeally fast?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,545    Replies: 6
"OK - I couldn't find this in my (admittedly cursory) search of the message boards. If it's got a name can someone tell me what it is? I call it the Opposite Weave. If this explanation i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,305    Replies: 3
"So...There was something I'm curious about. The way I do a btb weave and the ones I've seen other people do have the hand "pointed forwards". In other words, the point of contact betwee..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,715    Replies: 12
"Everyone is sayin BTB. I'm not sure i kno what that is. Can someone give me a description and/or a movie to help me out cause im confused. I'm still kinda new to this shiznit... &lbr; ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,387    Replies: 3
"Only one combination I device and practise with my friends: we are both turn back as closely as possible to doing weave variations and turns...any new idea?? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,534    Replies: 3
"I have recently been adding more beats to my weaves and I am just wondering... I know the forward 5 beat starts on the right hand side, so does the 5 beat reverse start on the left? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,283    Replies: 4
"2 in each hand.Theres heaps of stuff, wraps , behind the back weave and much mo."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,134    Replies: 7
"Start doing the standard three beat weave in splt time, then slow one of the poi down so they are both in dualing time. Your hands should stay together on the left, together on the rig..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,068    Replies: 8
"okay, this is a work in progress, hope you like it/can help me with it/or laugh at it.you know the picture that won the photo comp? taken and entered by flynt? well its a picture of me ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,485    Replies: 1
"Hoy fire people! I need help...and fast! i am in NYC for only a week...and desperately need to stock up on some wick and other fire goodies before i head back to parts less travled. WHE..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,064    Replies: 9
"Aight, this is another pretty tight move if you can get it right...it feels odd at first.first, do a sideways weave (3 beats infront, 3 beats behind {also, start on your right shoulder}..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,451    Replies: 1
"Im stuck i got a set of fire pois from a friend about 3 months ago but they are in need of new wick and i cant find any where to get it from.dose anyone have any idea where i can get so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,547    Replies: 19
"So I nailed what I call a "low windmill." It's just like a windmill, but your hands are at your side. You can also do a "middle windmill" with your hands at your shoulders. Anyone kn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,769    Replies: 1
"Ok, this is my second day practicing ( as you can see I`m a rookie). So far I got foward and backward wave, normal buterfly, alternate buterfly and over your head buterfly. Now when I t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,411    Replies: 24
"i really havent' been spending as much time twirling as i use to. and now that i've started doing it more often again i find myself stuck doing my moves over and over. i have a tendency..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,814    Replies: 8
"ive learned 3 moves so far but i cant stop getting tangled up when i do the butterfly.........any tips?????????? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,783    Replies: 2
"Hey... I figured this tight move. Dunno if anyone done it before or not, but it's awesome. Aight, it's like this.... You do the weave like normal and try this when u get to the rig..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,128    Replies: 2
"Hey, how exactly do u pull off a windmill? cause i think i doin it, but i dunno if that's right or not..."
Views: 1,446    Replies: 0
"There are tons of stuff you can do with a weave. I like to randomly move my arms behind my back, over my shoulders, and over my head when I do it. I suppose its not really a move, since..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,259    Replies: 22
"Greetings. So yeah... I've been spinning poi for about four months now, and though I suppose I am good on a technical level, I find my performances to be kind of lacking. When you spi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,164    Replies: 15
"I don't believe for one second that its a new move, but could someone tell me what its called? Basically from chasing the sun you bend over, so its like the corkscrew only the poi are i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,657    Replies: 5
"i think i just discovered a really tight transition, i only worked it out this morning, but ive allready got it looking real good!ill try and explain it for you, every one who trys it, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,732    Replies: 5
"Is it just me or does this look like a "butterfly weave", not a 5-beat reverse weave?=))) HOP Poi Lesson 15"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,254    Replies: 9
"Okay, I was wondering how the f**k you make the steel wool wicks. That shite is extremely awesome in the piccys"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,642    Replies: 6
"I'm currently in a state of confusion. A few weeks ago I taught myself the corkscrew, from which a few days later the windmill, simply by moving up into standing position. Before that I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,188    Replies: 10
"yes, im aware theres probably a million posts on this already, but i've done a search and nothings answered my q, that i found anywaysIn the vid, in poi lessons on HoP the neat guy doin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,883    Replies: 10
"Why can I NOT for the LOVE of GOD get the basic weave down? I can do behind the back butterflies, corkscrews, windmills and all sorts of other advanced move but I just can't get the wea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,382    Replies: 10
"opp direction ,open legs both pois go in at same time 1 in frount 1 behind ,turn 180 on the up swing and they come out by themselfs this laeds to the other side in and out left and righ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,498    Replies: 6
"i finally got my one handed butterfly ok but ive been tryin to do a simple wrap like forever, its sooo hard! like my friend does this wrap, doing butterfly and then u wrap one arm, i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,383    Replies: 5
"self explanatory. _______________________have no fear, i is here.: the Pluage."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,825    Replies: 5
"thinking of a move like a box so with one hand you do a horiziotal butterfly and the other you do a vert butterfly... giving the illusion of a box. i have to go try this now i havent qu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,959    Replies: 5
"Ok, I've kinda got a hold of the reverse weave. The problem is when I come out of my second "loop" my left poi hits me in the head. Is there a way to correct this, or does anyone know o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,319    Replies: 2
"ahem.....just wanted to announce to ya'll that after many leg bruises and repeated fat lips .......i got the BTB 3-beat!!!! yay me! "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,699    Replies: 32
"Hi Folks,Finally managed to get some half decent piccies of BTN with firebreathe They are a little shakey but show the results quite well Pic 1 Pic 2 enjoy Mark P"
Views: 1,771    Replies: 0
"I've recently fully learnt how good butterflies can be. Best is, Reverse bf in front then weave to right then left then right etc, on the same timing as normal weave forwards on 1 side..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,142    Replies: 7
"this isnt really a new move as such, but it is an interesting observation i made earlier on today that some of you guys may find useful/ be able to comment on.two one handed split time ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,431    Replies: 2
"its just as easy as it sounds.from behind back c'n'f leave right poi 1 beat so it wraps 1 round left upper arm bhnd back.turn left 180 and let it out.mmm mmm thats the taki"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,759    Replies: 5
"I was learnin' the "Chasing the sun" move and it just wasn't workin'.......so i just made a new one. I know how to do it. It is just mine is easier to do coz they don't tangle so much....."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,023    Replies: 3
"I have a Question . How do you turn, but at the same time have the poi going around your body in a wheel effect. Its like its parallel to your body and turing in a wheel at the same ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,442    Replies: 3
"has anyone tried this its quite hard but i'm new to this and it seems fairly simple so thought i'd spread the idea , all you do is when the poi get to the ground put your arms through y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,962    Replies: 6
"Okie well everything I have read on the site so far didn't work so I totally tranced out and looked at the wee little video of some hot guy doing the BTB weave like for ten or fifte..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,998    Replies: 3
"Hi everybody...I bet I didn't invent this combination but I came up with it while practising yesterday...It's damn sweet and not hard at all.Start by swinging the chains forward in time..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,939    Replies: 7
"Hoping to get a general idea of how various people define a weave (for teaching purposes).Some points that are in my definition (tho I'd love to hear yours) are: Each hand does circl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,030    Replies: 8
"Parallel Weave - Reverse weave: This post started as a post about "Parallel Fountains", so I wont change the heading, but it's really just about the "reverse weave". Read on at your o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,942    Replies: 4
"Tryin some trasisions here.....can anyone tell me how 2 trans from a fwd weave into "burn the nose"....peace all"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,751    Replies: 13
"Can anyboy tell me please what a cartwhell is?Is it the weave/chase or what?THX"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,607    Replies: 5
"jus started to learn a few moves and was wondering if sumone could xplain how to do a weave/chase but with the poi swingin backwards, i can do a figure 8 when the poi is singing backwar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,235    Replies: 7
"There's been quite a bit of discussion about the names of moves and I wanted to clear something up. Nothing is set in stone. We here are merely trying to establish a convention by whi..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter