Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,499    Replies: 4
"Seems like a logical thing to do, why jump striaght into 4 when you could build up with 3. I'm picturing some cool things, though I don't know if any are possible. Just thought I'd se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,576    Replies: 8
"RESULT... YAY.... *poing*go me... go me... go me...for those slow on the uptake, I managed to crack the OHB last night, and a BTB one as well.. still can't weave though.. grrrrrrrrr"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,045    Replies: 18
"I've got the hang of the alternate butterfly over the shoulders, but when i try to bring the low wave together into a butterfly in front and behind, I can't keep them from tangling. An..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,669    Replies: 18
"There is one move i dont get...I know how to do it and all that but I dont see the point of doing it...Tread the needle (TTN) .....for me looks like a butterfly....(but you move your ar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,203    Replies: 10
"well i figured out a cool move. it involves a hammer.take a hammer, and start prying something really forcefully with the claw end. now let the claw accidentally slip out. if you have a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,601    Replies: 3
"YAY!!!! I FINALLY LEARNED IT!!!!!!*does the happy dance of infinite joy*((now if only i can learn it forwards))"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,068    Replies: 4
"i was reading some old post and im tryin to understand if its the same move that i do....if it is then cool, if not then i need a name of what im doing...ok, its pretty simple really, i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,077    Replies: 13
"Hi its me again, you know, the one without a brain. Okay so what do you mean by 3 beats, 4 beats. See when i first saw it, i thought it was something to do with the beat of Trance or te..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,708    Replies: 6
"Hi there,I only got one question. Does anybody know any other places in the internet where i could get videos about poi to download?Like that videos from "Pk"... (by the way, pk that vi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,596    Replies: 6
"ok its really simple but i think it looks really good...start with the regular foward weave ( this is gonna be difficult to explain..but ill try ) with the right hand, as its returning ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,741    Replies: 2
"Looking for some new poi moves. I can do BTB forward and reverse 4 beat weaves. BTB butterfly forward and reverse. Butterfly forward and reverse (in front of body). The waves and we..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,550    Replies: 15
"Hi my name is Newbie and i have NO BRAIN!! Well you see, that explanation for the WEAVE move is not helping AT ALL!! I dont get it! So can some one give me a more simplified explanation..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,943    Replies: 22
"Hey Guys,I saw a couple of ppl on the Jsut learned a new move thread saying they just got the 'TTN fountain' Thread the Needle Fountain.I did a search, came up zip.as a weave variety f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,095    Replies: 6
"Whilst in a poi-dimension last night I bumped into this move.....:While doing a 3 bt forwards weave, allow the chains/ropes etc to wrap around each other for atleast 2 extra beats, then..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,112    Replies: 12
"First of all, it is possible, right?I did a search, but I didn´t find a clear answer to whether it is possible, without stopping a short moment each 360 degrees.When I try, I always en..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,128    Replies: 4
"Entirely irrelevant post, but I wanted to express my joy at finally (90% of my work on it came tonight, though) being able to consistently pull corkscrew and weave hyperloops. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,612    Replies: 9
"HeyThere are so much discussions about hundred beat weaves, hyperloops and whatever else (don't get me wrong, that's cool), but does anybody have some good advices on how swinging your ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,282    Replies: 2
"Hey guys I read over Enigma's posting, but it hasn't helped much, the 1-2-3 weave on here looks simple enough, but I find that when I'm doing it, I get 1-3, and can't get that extra tur..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,483    Replies: 9
"Does anyone have simple yet impressive looking routines for me to try out. if not does anyone have any kind of routines that i could know of because i am tired of standing in one spot ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,728    Replies: 2
"Hi I'm just messaging people who are learning 4 Poi Moves and wanting to know if any of you have found some tricks that you could share to help my vocabulary of 4 Poi Moves grow... Ummm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,434    Replies: 1
"Can u do the basic hyperloop using ball chain? or does it have 2b done with somthin like shoe strings which can easily slide."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,721    Replies: 8
"What do u guys use for a trasistion from a 3 beat weave into a 3 beat btb weave???"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,929    Replies: 6
"hi im new 2 this... i can do a few moves but datz it i can do :fd/rev weavewindmillfountainwrapsand da stuff listed on homeofpoican sum1 gimme a lost of moves and how 2 do them? id real..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,834    Replies: 13
"I just learned it!! and my face hurts alot."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,014    Replies: 5
"okay, so far i'm not quite sure what an air wrap is. it sounds like it's when one poi wraps around the chain/string of the other. and if that's it, how do you get out of it? sometimes w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,126    Replies: 10
"Hi all. Can anyone help. I'm a bit of a novice but practise obsessively! I've got 'Art of Poi' which is a great help. I'm still having problems though. I can get into the 1 handed butte..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,571    Replies: 1
"That's about it really what is it? Tennis "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,193    Replies: 17
"I need help with fluid motion in my combos. i have the hang of alot of moves, but just standing still doing your moves is boring. any advice on cool ways of moving around and not lookin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,736    Replies: 4
"Everyone loves a giant butterfly.And loads of them are possible...can be done forwards, backwards, normal & split time BUT you can't turn with it easily when your arms are crossed i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,875    Replies: 5
"I've been working on this move for quite a while and I still only manage to get about 3 or 4 beats of it . I havent seen anyone do it before but I know its possible. Its a BTB TTN ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,402    Replies: 15
"I've been doing poi for about 2 years now, and have developed a number of throws. Some ranging from short throws to ones 20 feet or so into the air. Its taken almost a year to perfect,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,070    Replies: 17
"I was practicing some btb stuff last night and pulled one of these, but it's in no way consistent..Anyone have any tips for pulling this off??? Also, what other variations are there on ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,789    Replies: 5
"i just started spinnin and i have all the basics down pretty well, but i am having a hell of a time going from one move to another. i can always bring them back to my sides, so i dont ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,091    Replies: 12
"Someone at a club once mentioned to me poi balls that shoot little bolts of static electricity as you spin them that he called "lightning poi".Does anyone know if these actually exist o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,810    Replies: 5
"Is it possible for someone to list the moves in the art of poi video? That is, unless all the moves are covered in the lessons on the site. But if so, what would be the point of the v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,542    Replies: 20
"I just started a few month ago and I saw this cool move a guy did in a party. He was in a weave and then he some how warped the poi together like a spiral and then it just unrolled like..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,738    Replies: 35
"Before the old timers jump in and kick my butt I DON"T want to turn this into which is better. (We've had some nasty fights between the ravers and the fire spinners and I DON"T want to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,080    Replies: 4
"Just a quick question about butterflies. Wait, don't leave! Ok normal forward b-fly, left hand "leading" or on the bottom. The variation of this is to do it split time. But, what wo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,253    Replies: 15
"Hey, this is kind of more of a glowsticking move because i don't know if you can do it with fire (not much experience with fire yet, only done it 5 times). I have a problem with this mo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,561    Replies: 4
"Hi people....I have two questions for you all........and maybe you guys can give me something to do this holyday, beside for the eating, the sleepingand the everlasting Christmas piss u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,632    Replies: 3
"These are wraps that are wraped and then let go of only to be caught by the hand that let it go. ie Fwd Arm Wrap Suicide: Wrap poi from right hand round left arm from under the arm ,wr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,967    Replies: 1
"horizontal version of giant windmill were u stretch your arms out and spin around .fairly easy"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,555    Replies: 4
"question for all of you. this is not technically a MOVE, but for myself, i find that it helps define HOW i move. surface area. what do you prefer? do you wear shoes, socks, barefoot, no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,829    Replies: 31
"How do you keep the poi from hitting your head? (I'm just starting)"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,557    Replies: 5
"OK I was twriling a few nightss ago doing Matrix Butterfly, (do butterfly and lean back like you're Neo dodging bullets, how low can you go and than get yourself back up from that bent ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,057    Replies: 38
"Right,i trust you all have got to know me a little more these past few weeks as i now have an internet connection where i dont have to watch my online timeage! and can spend a little mo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,891    Replies: 3
"This will really give you twisty hips, if you don't already have em. It's new for me, but probably not more experienced people. It came upon me shortly after i learned to go from fwd 3 ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,927    Replies: 7
"Simply method to quick success in stringing. Learning the weave and windmill in both directions will lead to 360 weave/btb weave. Butterflies lead to btb butterflies, overhead butterfli..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,055    Replies: 5
"I just started poi about 4 days ago and i think i just managed to do a 4 beat weave. The websites directions are well sketchy so in dont know if im doing it right. Is there anyone who c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,238    Replies: 6
"the other day i was on glowsticking.org and i saw this video where a guy was glowstringin...he did something ive never seen before and i would like to know how to do it...i think they a..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter