Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,933    Replies: 5
"Hey guys! I'm not sure exactly where I should have posted this, but hopefully "Beginner moves" is the right place.... I have a friend who is trying to learn poi, but (as far a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,494    Replies: 10
"Hey people! Ive been spinning for 3 weeks and although I have afew moves they arent even and symmetrical. My planes go off as soon as I do any tricks although I can spin against the wal..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,740    Replies: 5
"Can someone please share with me is it possible to transition to the windmill when spinning a butterfly or 3 beat weave?Would you just reverse 3 beat weave or split time into it?I only ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,329    Replies: 15
"Okay, I'd love to do this fountain thing, but alas the videos are over my head. Is it really a 3 beat weave in four positions? I'd have to be weaving really fast to even get it to work ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,207    Replies: 8
"so i have been spinning poi for several months and have started to learn flower but i have trouble keeping my planes straight what should i do "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,333    Replies: 2
"There's no vidoes on how to spin with lace and LED sticks. There's just sock and ball! I'm a fav or LED sticks not fire and balls nor hulas. But I don't notice videos on glowstringing!"
Last Reply by
Views: 13,154    Replies: 7
"I'm having trouble advancing in poi, because I keep looking up tricks randomly, and not understanding previous movements. There are plenty of tutorial video sets on Youtube, but I haven..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,649    Replies: 23
"Just curious. I know I like the water flowlights...what goes well with it? I'm thinking either Sol, Fire or Earth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,041    Replies: 3
"ok so ive been working on it not even sure if its possible but wat ive got so far is butterfly in front of me and then take it over my head and hold it there in the now upwards butterfl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,195    Replies: 1
"Hi all My son who is 8 years old and 49 inches tall has been practising staff moves with an old broom handle of mine. I would like to get him a proper staff but have no idea how to buy..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,482    Replies: 15
"Hi all you spinners.Im just asking about linking 3bt weave forwards to the same move backwards. I've watched meeniks youtubevideo, but it didnt help much. So does someone of you have so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,669    Replies: 10
"i ve practising for 500 hours, but still not as good as i expect,just wanna ask guys here, how many hours do u think neccessary to be a professional poi dancer? 1,000? 1,500? 3,000? it ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,832    Replies: 6
"I am new to poi and got my poi about 2 -3 weeks ago. I can now do few tricks but having trouble with two beat weave. I start out in forward split time and start to cross but almost alwa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,112    Replies: 27
"I'm trying to understand plane shift. I saw one mention that said with practice it could be done quickly.Doesn't a weave basically involve a plane shift? When I do a weave, I more or le..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,158    Replies: 7
"I've noticed that with my poi, once I got to a level where I could comfortably dance around to music I lost a lot of my motivation to put in the effort to learn new tricks or properly d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,376    Replies: 6
"hey guys,I just started playing around with poi, and i decided i'd try learning the buzzsaw, but it's proving a little difficult: the poi don't stay in the "buzzsaw-plane" if..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,602    Replies: 5
"I've watched videos and read the poi book and still can't seem to grasp these. I haven't felt more frustrated by a trick. I can't give up on it because it seems that weaves are a lot o..."
Views: 3,021    Replies: 0
"Hello, I am Yuta from Japan.I and Okotanpe made charity online lesson for 3.11. Tsunami victims.It's all free lesson and you can request moves that you want to learn.*We will choose a c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,838    Replies: 9
"...So, let me get this straight...is the two beat weave basically the same as crossing over in same time but obviously the only difference being split time? Because I can do it with eas..."
Last Reply by
Views: 38,715    Replies: 38
" Hello everyoneWell, my problem is the backward weave, i have been trying all morning to pull it off, but no matter what i do they always end up spinning forward doing a forward weave ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,833    Replies: 6
"Despite watching various tips and lesson vids, I can't get my wall plane spins to spin straight up and down like an l instead my poi are spi spinning like / no matter what speed I spin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,194    Replies: 14
"Hey, was practising doing the Butterfly today and noticed that I had a very, very bad habit of the poi colliding and flying in different directions. Thankfully none painfulThe cause of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,975    Replies: 22
"i have no idea how to do the windmill...ive tried so many times to get into it and i always mess up!!! if anyone could help me that would be great...please be patient..i have only been ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,475    Replies: 4
"Is there any tricks that are useful to learn before doing other tricks? for instance i think learning how to do butterflies first is probably easier than doing low waves >.< im no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,243    Replies: 13
"i think the tutorials in the library are great, but i was wonderin if u could put some up that had glow poi or flowlights so could see it a lil easier? som of the poi are hard to c, and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,422    Replies: 25
"So, 2011 is starting soon, what's everyone's goals for this year?I actually did most of mine this year, maybe because it was Poi goals and not Staff goals My goals:1) Do the poi courses..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,186    Replies: 5
"Hi I've recently just got my first set of sock poi and have no idea how to hold them. I looked on the "How To" part if this website and the diagrams looked nothing like what I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,600    Replies: 7
"I started with the Glow poi so I didn't burn myself alive lol. I've had problems doing th basic butterfly move. I'm doing it the way Diane says to do it in the tutorial but i still ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,047    Replies: 6
"I've been in a rut with poi for the last while, and I was hoping someone could point me towards the next logical move. I do: 2-beat, backwards3-beat, backwards5-beatHip/Shoulder reelsBu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,127    Replies: 10
"Hey guys,I've been away a while, school's kind of kicking my rear, but I'm really feeling the itch to start spinning again.I have a question, though (okay, a couple questions), and I th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,627    Replies: 8
"Hey everybody i remember seeing a spreadsheet with moves down the side column and modifiers along the top (forward reverse isolated ect)"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,898    Replies: 1
"I can spin nice and flat with same direction wall plane and different direction same time wall plane but when it comes to, slit time spinning my right hand poi is nice and flat and the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,764    Replies: 8
"I am just about to start to learn poi and am looking for classes but havent been able to find anyone locally yet.As I dont have a DVD burner to burn dvds from online vids, and my pc is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,441    Replies: 5
"So, I just recently learned to do a split time TTN 3 beat weave, and it occured to me, "why not try for 5 beats".Now... when I was doing a regular TTN weave (together time), I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 76,385    Replies: 98
"This is the same as the staff goals thread, but for poi.Basically, write down some of your goals for your poi spinning this year.Anyway, here are mine :1) Work on my dancing2) Play with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,610    Replies: 3
"i haven't seen anybody doing a split time butterfly weave or is that called diffrent??my idea is that you do a split time butterfly in front of you then you turn around 180 degrees and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,966    Replies: 10
"hi, i m new here,and a poi beginnger.yesterday when i was pratising, i hit my lips with my iron poi,bleeding a lot, the lucky thing is i didnt hurt my eyes,so i wanna ask, how do u prot..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,213    Replies: 11
"Okay, so I've searched the forums to the best of my ability, and google for that matter, and I can't really find anything on this. I've seen it in video's and I've even played with it a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,210    Replies: 4
"So heres a challenge to all, try clapping your hands with some while doin your moves, even if they don't poi or if they do, start with your dominate hand and then rotate but don't let y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 22,266    Replies: 38
"Hi Guys.I got bored yesterday afternoon, and I was looking at circular motion with ActionScript, so I knocked up a poi simulator that interactively allows you to adjust hand and poi rot..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,082    Replies: 11
"Okay, so, I've been spinning about 6 months. Some weeks are busier than others but I think I'm doing pretty good with my comfort level while spinning. I also came to find out I have pre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,623    Replies: 8
"I'm finding myself kind of directionless on what to learn next, so I figure hey, I'll ask for opinions.I'm a noob and I have to take this slow because I'm not exactly the most coordinat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,493    Replies: 4
"I think you are supposed to turn, but I don't know if that is exactly right."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,994    Replies: 4
"i've watched the instructional dvd i have over and over and over and i cant quite get it. she says "the poi don't change direction, you do"but do your wrist movements change d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,367    Replies: 24
"I was wondering if anyone knew when I should turn with anti-spin flowers. Do I do the last beat down when I turn or towards the direction that I am going. Like. I'm doing antispin flowe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,636    Replies: 11
"Ok after watching a ton of videos of people spinning and I see no actual tutorial based around this I was wondering if doing the spiral wrap overhead is easier to get into and gain mome..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,969    Replies: 17
"IM NEW AND IM THE BEST EVER!!!! ok not really. lol. ive been doing poi for about 5 or 6 months now and i finally decided to sign up here so i have other people to talk to cause watching..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,596    Replies: 7
"I'm brand new to poi and I bought myself a awesome set of glow poi in socks. I practice with them tuned off. I find I work well with this, but the second I turn them on the move which s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,967    Replies: 37
"I didn't see one, and I thought it deserved its own thread. For when you see a move you really like, but can't wrap your head around it. Then you figure out how or see a tutorial, and y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,173    Replies: 4
"Before I start this I would like to say that if there is something like this already I do apologise, I did search numerous times and came to no luck.I'm having problems with plane contr..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter