Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,902    Replies: 3
"ok this move is one i just made up one night to transition from backward to forward spinning and im wondering if it has a name or if its just too wierd or has it been coined already her..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,318    Replies: 2
"I was spinning last night with my Electroglos at my house after getting home from some fire spinning at the beach. I was trying some new stuff, being a bit creative with stalls and wha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,365    Replies: 7
"anyone see that tekno turtles vid , anyone figure out how they do those air wraps. they are crazy, insane "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,044    Replies: 14
"ok... so buterfly weaves ahve the benefit of doing everything from the weave family and from the butterfly family, yes? I've been thinking on this.. and found buterfly windmills to be p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,861    Replies: 21
"Think I finally cracked the forward and reverse variations of this(4 petal), but wanted to start a thred on the subject because I don't see one anywhere. The forward version that I do i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,693    Replies: 14
"Why did i have to learn Poi through chance? Everyone knows what fire eating is, juggleing, even staff, but why dont many people know about poi? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,783    Replies: 5
"HelloJuggling three poiz is possible as you im sure know. Im curious if there is anybody out there who has been playing around with it and if so what is the pattern that you use.I have..."
Last Reply by
Views: 16,463    Replies: 92
"ok i have searched and i cant determine if there is any difference between hyper loops and air wraps. it sounds like the same trick to me. is it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,473    Replies: 7
"I just seen a guy spinning a pair of kick ass rope poi(snakes) and now I am so hooked. I want a pair of my own now . Anyone out there have a pair of their own or make their own? ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,681    Replies: 5
"Hi guys,I have been learning poi on my own from the Poi Spinning book written by Michal Kahn and i'm most of the way through. However early on in the book it says that all poi moves ca..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,392    Replies: 10
"Here's a new move that I invented by having a guy I just met at the park show me how. I guess it's on some of the glowstick vids and is popular in the glow crowd.It's a bit tough to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,749    Replies: 31
"hey, i only just started learning poi but i'm already relly good at it... but... i can't get the behind the back waeve or the windmill!!any tips are usefull!! thankscornelia xxx..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,802    Replies: 5
"Im having trouble with BTL moves. I can do em sometimes but I have a big problem with the turns. I cant pivot myself quick enough with one leg in the air to do em correctly. Anyone go..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,158    Replies: 15
"Ok, so i can do a buzzsaw pretty well and can incorporate it into the weave (whats that called btw?) and im sorta stuck! What else can you do or go into from a buzzsaw? Ive been experim..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,432    Replies: 9
"I use two types of poi currently, my glow stick poi, which the rope is made of shoe lace, and my Ultimate Performance poi, which the rope is made of....... rope.Anyways when I tangle ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,377    Replies: 13
"hey i luv too twirl but im really getting sick of my tricks i really need sum new ones. but i have no imagination wat so ever ,so if you can , can u plz help me?plzzz? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,449    Replies: 7
"Right, so, standard BTB waistwrap poi go "up" on the left side, once round behind and "down" on the right side...Going round the other way, poi go up on the right side, once round behin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,958    Replies: 22
"I searched this and found loads of references but no descriptions.5 beat reverse weave to 5 beat forward weave on a wall plane.So I can do it with the beats to the left and the right of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,748    Replies: 6
"HI ppl new here and been practiceing poi for a couple of months and wish to know how many beats are possible in the behind the back weave??"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,509    Replies: 24
"This is both a description and a warning. I'm not sure if anyone else does this move. I haven't seen anyone do it, and I'll consider it a personal move til someone tells me otherwise ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,827    Replies: 22
"Just learnt a great way to start off a routine with the staff, instead of shaking excess fuel form the staff just dip and light so the wicks are still driping hold the staff horozontaly..."
Last Reply by
Views: 37,302    Replies: 141
"Just thought I'd ask if anyone had any Signature move combo's, you know, the combinations you do in a routine that you consider to be the most showy. The ones you think only you do(but..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,004    Replies: 27
"I'm fed up reading about hyperloops and still not being able to know that what i'm doing is a hyperloop or something else. So to the kind person who is reading this could you please ans..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,596    Replies: 8
"Hi there!While trying to learn a 5beat weave I stumbeled on sumthing tottaly different (lol) but I don’t have a clue what im doing…so I thought here would be the best place to ask!B..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,855    Replies: 29
"ok, really cool thing i accedentaly just fouind out. i was doing the butterfly and my shit got all tangled and i turned out doing a buzzsaw hyperloop. i figued it out and what i actualy..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,224    Replies: 9
"I just learned a new move (for me that is). I learned to weave forward and then turn around so it's going backward, then turn sideways so its going front-back a while ago. anyways i was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,255    Replies: 17
"So I'm doing the butterfly forearm wraps that I do when I'm bored and rather than flicking it behind me off of an ankle I was too tired to lift my leg and accidentally bounced it off of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,053    Replies: 21
"Ok now because this is split time that means the poi should meet at each side rather than top and bottom. When i take it from my left side (doin it backwards) to my right side to do it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,161    Replies: 16
"I've been trying to keep still while spinning with fast beat music, and failed. I ended up jumping around a lot. Currently I'm perfecting my 360 deg. jump while doing the 3 beat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,436    Replies: 6
"Ok where can I find a post that tells me how to do a buzzsaw? I couldn't find it in the lessons section. Or am I just being an idiot."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,947    Replies: 12
"Does anybody here ever do any fire fighting? What I've got in mind is staff against poi. Rope poi work better than chain poi because the chains scratch up the staff on contact. Basicall..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,310    Replies: 6
"I've just had an idea for a move, which might be pretty hard though. I couldn't do it this morning at all. From a forward weave, speed up one poi so they're almost in sync and put both ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,811    Replies: 5
"does anyone have any tips on how to learn forward behind the back weave without hitting your head? I can do behind the back fine, but i find it hard to switch over easily.thanks for ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,771    Replies: 7
"been trying to get a local martial artist to teach me some stuff to mix with poi and he wants to learn some poi to try on his chain whips.but the butterfly kicks (cant do them yet) look..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,964    Replies: 4
" ok, so for a couple months i've been stuck in a rut in terms of thinking creatively about new moves and such. but i've finally found the inspiration i was looking for. i've completely..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,504    Replies: 5
"Rather a stupid title but.....I have got the five beat but I really want to do a six seven eight nine ten....................................twenty........................................."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,421    Replies: 6
"if you like fire poi and want to try sparking poi give us a shout and i will e-mail you some ways of making them "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,210    Replies: 6
"spinning is spinning is spinningthat's all I need to sayif you want to stick a flag in it and call it you move or your tecnique fine but your only discovery is something thats been with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,535    Replies: 7
"in much pain here.. i think i'm trying to do the first wave in the art of poi vid. just every time i get going and think i hit myself.. well where it counts and i just wanna give up.. w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,114    Replies: 5
"Alright... im not sure if this is a new move or not... but I havent seen anyone do this... ok so it goes like this. If you do a split-time butterfly infront a normal one too, and you do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,966    Replies: 15
"whilst ruining my planes the other day i did two airwraps in a wrow, but the second one was... wrong. it moves from inside to out(wall plane) and looks very silly but very nice. ross is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,429    Replies: 16
"ok, so i'm pretty sure I can do this move, but from what other people have been saying, it sounds like something other than what I have been doing. Can anyone, in detail, clarify this ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,731    Replies: 11
"I received the following email and I responded to it. This has been discussed here before, but since I took the time to write out a detailed explanation (explaining this stuff is hard ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,643    Replies: 9
"What type of string do you guys use when you play around with glowsticks? Thin? Thick? etc..etc..The strings i'm using now are sorta glossy and thin so they easily get tangled... help m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,660    Replies: 10
"ok, this might be hard to explain, but i can stall my right poi, reverse its direction and still keep the left poi spinning inits original direction, ie i use this method to go from but..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,785    Replies: 15
"Right, can any one be bothered to explain to do the behind the back weave (which ever direction is easiest to learn first.)ThankslaZy"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,172    Replies: 8
"Hello everyone.As unspectacular as this might seem to the pros, I have discovered the extreme satsifaction of being able to perform the backwards weave and the windmill... and then comb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,364    Replies: 2
"I did search tis before I wrote this but hey I couldn't find an answer. With hyperloops do you do them from waves or from butterflys. Actually scrap that, what do you do you hyperloops ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,189    Replies: 15
"u can do six beat to TTN from folwards TTN as your righth hand gose back put it right back behind your left sholder and as it gose folward and aproches your hand curve your right hand r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,141    Replies: 10
"Yesterday in a park in Paris I saw a girl do what looked like an isolated weave going into an isolated hyperloop..It was....amazing.Danae can tell fill in the name of the girl, I'm too ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter