Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,329    Replies: 5
"I did a search on cartwheels and saw that some people have already talked about doing cartwheels with poi and such but what other gymnastic-type moves can you do with poi? Or what would..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,327    Replies: 11
"I have been doing gymnastics for a while and I would like to mix it with firepoi. I can do some flexibility while twirling and a onehand cartwheel, but I would love it if you could tell..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,324    Replies: 8
"I really can't find any use for TTN, it just looks like a butterfly!Unless I'm going to wrap on my arms or twist myself up or something, I just dont see the need.Jo. "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,469    Replies: 7
"Greetings all,Well, I've just returned from roventure (a great camp for the big people in the scouting movement) where I finally got the chance for some good spinning (though admittedly..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,384    Replies: 3
"Help! I'm totally stuck in a rut with poi!Anyone know of any good poi workshops coming up in Scotland? (preferably in Edinburgh, Glasgow or Stirling)I've heard about loads but know idea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,581    Replies: 27
"the intro:hello people, I did a search to see if this moves already exsists, but since I can't find it, have never seen anybody do it before and have seen mot develop this thing from sc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,196    Replies: 13
"So, Techno Turtles did a direction changing air wrap on the TT2 video and this move has always baffled me. How the hell do they get it to change direction mid-air wrap? Ive watched it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,668    Replies: 10
"i was just wondering if these were at all possible.....they are definatly hard if they are has anyone got any tips on btb isolated butterflys...they seem to be hitting each other alot"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,503    Replies: 7
"Well, I just need to vent...I must do something wrong with the five beat reverse...I don´t know how this happens, but every now and then the poi comes right for my face! I almost lost ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,435    Replies: 8
"Hi there, I have been trying a simple trik called the cross and follow (or something of that sort of name) and it is meant to cross on two sides, but I can only do it on one, can anyone..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,444    Replies: 12
"does anyone have any idea how to combine some acrobatics or gymnastics with poi (one person)? ive come up with a few for two people but im stuck for one, without being totally flexible..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,410    Replies: 16
"luke burrage and his amazing rocket poi don't try this @ home kiddies - he's a professional you know "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,740    Replies: 6
"does anyone know of any good sites which could show me how to do contact fire poi? i'm trying wraps and am getting better, but i feel i need more, and my imagination is running out of i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,362    Replies: 13
"Sites:http://pracownia.rpg.net.pl/lancuchy1.phphttp://pracownia.rpg.net.pl/lancuchy2.phphttp://pracownia.rpg.net.pl/lancuchy3.phphttp://pracownia.rpg.net.pl/lancuchy4.phphttp://pracowni..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,159    Replies: 5
"last night i tryd some things and ...i have the wave now , but i dont understand the way to do a 3 , 4 , 5 , wave ??? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,394    Replies: 6
"i've got a little silly question actually. i just poi'ed for about half an hour and my wrists were cracking all the time. then i tried a overhead/behind the head 3 beat and my shoulders..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,418    Replies: 8
"does anyone out there know where i can find instructions for poi that i can print out. the free lessons on HoP are great but i really need to be watching them whilst i do it or have ste..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,282    Replies: 14
"hi.i dont know if this is a move that has been named or what, so i was wondering if you could help me...i'd do a search but i dont know what to search for so if you wanted to tell me to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,829    Replies: 6
"OK, sorry for not doing a search but im about to log off and cant be bothered I cant get bf waist wraps clean at all, they collide after a couple of rotations. If they`re not colliding..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,348    Replies: 14
"YAYFinally got it, its all about swing the boddy away from the Poi"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,350    Replies: 36
"Back in the day, about 7th through 9th grades, I used to roller skate. Not with roller blades but with quad speed skates. My friends would laugh at me cuz I couldnt skate fast. I alw..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,770    Replies: 10
"Hey guys, you might remeber I posted awhile ago asking for idea's on newbies moves, and stressing cuz I couldn't do the weave. Well after about two solid hours of practise it finally cl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,976    Replies: 15
"as it says up the top my name is ste and from me to you a hearty hello!i'm 19 and i live in manchester, i've been learnin poi for about 4 months now, i practice mostly in our front room..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,906    Replies: 12
"You know when you pick you your poi (or any other toy for that matter) and a particular tick u've been working on just isn't happening, do you reckon it's worth pushing on with the mind..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,384    Replies: 32
"well, apparantly I can do the 5 beat chase without much trouble...is there a 7 beat? and how does it work? just an extra twist?? (means dislocating my arms probably )any tips when pra..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,940    Replies: 11
" hi i am new to home of poi and i was just wondering if anybody has any moves for a moderately skilled personthanks "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,334    Replies: 5
"Discovered this over the weekend. When you do a normal TTN the pattern only has to keep moving because the poi at the "back" is about to hit your arm. The poi at the "front" can actuall..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,379    Replies: 2
"how does one do a butterfly weave.I would do a search, but past attepts on thingslike btb weave has turned out hopeless."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,756    Replies: 13
"here are some fire pics from moscow underground"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,613    Replies: 4
"Quite simple in theory and quite a challenge in practice Forward Onehanded 2 beat weave (right hand) - now switch to a onehanded XXXXXXXX: the thumbpoi staying on the left side the pin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,328    Replies: 10
"I would do a search but i dont know what i'm searching for sorry if i'm not very good at explaining....Okay, so from forwards butterfly i have been doing the movement for a 4bt TTN, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,900    Replies: 4
"Theory: Double Stalls with/on one hand.How to get started:a.) Spin only your right Poi (anticlockwise wallplane) and stall it.b.) Spin only your left Poi (anticlockwise wallplane) and u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,553    Replies: 2
"Just found this beauty of a move while messin wif me anti-spinnage. Been meaning to come share a bunch of the new anti-spin moves I been working on and figured this would be a good one..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,002    Replies: 25
"I had a look in some of the move lists for poi, coz im getting bored with staff, and they are missing a move i heard about from a friend,i am not sure whether he was talkin b.s with the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,832    Replies: 6
"The Theory: Play a Onehanded weave and Isolate it The key to these moves: Hybrid Moves Whos with me andy"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,286    Replies: 24
"hi i was just wondering if anybody had any links to a website with a video/animation of a hyperloop cos i dont understand the explanation i could find lolthanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,550    Replies: 4
"i was doing one handed btthen one poi's suddenly hit shelf and got to opposite dirrection then i did one handed weave...i call this shelf wrap...hehe"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,798    Replies: 9
"Im not sure if this has been discussed before because im new and if it has someone please point me in the right answer, but do poi workout your arms cause my arms are soar as anythingth..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,470    Replies: 30
"yup,just saw some kid doing them in the fast and the furious.there are some hot girls and boys in that one!T "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,124    Replies: 14
"First of all get really comfortable with pendulums.Try this: Right hand circling. Left hand doing pendulums. One beat of the right is half a pendulum of the left...... Try turning, 3 b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,964    Replies: 7
"I have been cought doing multispeed moves... for instance I can do a 3 beat weave where one side only does the moves for a single 3 beat weave but the other side spins at double the pac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,407    Replies: 24
"I was thinking about some Poi games I can play with my friends or wtih people I teach Poi. I think about one for 2 or more people as TANGLE ME , but have not complet rules.Do you know s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,692    Replies: 4
"Ok so I have been playing around with some new stuff... finally been learning all this crazy isolation stuff (My God, you wanna learn how to clean up your plains try some of that stuff...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,476    Replies: 2
"the other day i was doing simple crossed reels when i thought about tanlging them, doing air wraps at first...gave up on those though.....too hard or just impossiblethen i did a hyperlo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,254    Replies: 21
"anyone else out there using hoops for poi?....i can only weave from side to side as of yet....ideas?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,719    Replies: 6
"Mmmm.... ok so i dont know what this is or what i could do with it, i havent even shown anyone so it might just look a mess but anyway is this part of something i could play with??? ??..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,887    Replies: 35
"last weekend I went down to visit matt which finally inspired me to sit down and figure out hyperloops (something i've been meaning to do for a good few years). The story starts with a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,627    Replies: 14
"this is exact cut from spherculsim because I'm too busy pissing people off to edit.. "<<I did a post in new to me called nips.. cute huh.. you can thank matt for that one.. wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,190    Replies: 3
"Hello Poiple out there !I don't know if this thread belongs in the moves section, since it's more about style than actual moves... But I couldn't find anything better.... Anyhows,I got ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,258    Replies: 16
"please anybody for any tips about uv show "
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter