Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,290    Replies: 3
"To begin, I did a search :-) and did not find the answer to my question. I've found this question asked before, but it didn't really get an answer. So, here we go.In the same-directi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,701    Replies: 13
"Recently I have been having issues maintaining fluidity when using my poi. I simply cant seem to be able to link in any of the moves when the poi are going in the same direction and whe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,984    Replies: 15
"Ok, so I'm at work and I go bored. So here's a challenge. From any pattern, (I find weave is my strongest rotational beginner...), indoors (8' ceiling), do a rotating poi toss and get i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,056    Replies: 12
"OK, before anyone says anything, anything at all, I am well aware that this is mentioned in Glass' Jedi Moves thread. That's where I heard about it. But I didn't see an explanation of h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,221    Replies: 15
"hi to all the people out there, I'm from Italy and I don't know all the english names of the poi moves, cause in Italy we call them in a different way (ehm...obviously). the videos help..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,318    Replies: 30
"http://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons/poi_lessons.php/poi/28Doesnt this look like a 3 beat butterfly weave, not a 5 beat reverse weave? It could be the angle of view, but this sure isnt in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,802    Replies: 32
"was just woundring wot you all thort about um? sorry im a bit bord heehe(",) "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,638    Replies: 2
"Hey guys, I have been struggling with the 5bt reverse weave. I can make my hands cross correctly on each side but im really struggling to get the crossover in the middle and its frustra..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,727    Replies: 10
"I do lots of trampolining so the other day i decided to do poi at the same time. I got to do things like butterfly underneath me. leg wraps with both legs in front. But my favorite by f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,739    Replies: 11
"How do you do an isolation?and before you say anything I have searched for it. "
Last Reply by
Views: 5,070    Replies: 46
"OK, this is very tongue-in-cheek.I mean no offense to anyone.Now that's out of the way, I want to bring to the masses Spinning like a whore!!It's basically spinning poi as seductively a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,989    Replies: 13
"About two weeks ago ive was kicked out from my house.. im 17 and ive been stayin at my friends but been doin poi at the boulevard to make some money to eat lol how does that sound? Ive ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,550    Replies: 11
"I tried searching... I tried the pages and pages of technical posts and not a thing could I find.So.I'm currently working on between-the-legs weave and low wave (the best video I've fou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,647    Replies: 3
"Can anyone do it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,416    Replies: 1
"Post deleted by Renface"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,123    Replies: 8
"hello, iv bin spinning for about 1year now and i think im doing quite well, but i have a problem.....im not shore wot move its called but iv bin trying to get this for abit now.(sorry a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,232    Replies: 8
"I searched for it, I really did. Wanna know what's running across my third eye right now? wibble wibble wibble wibble wibble So, what it be? Be it like a propeller? In which case, I hat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,418    Replies: 15
"Can you isolate a propeller??I think so ...but I'm not sure about...I try to explain this move... we can start from one poi in wibbling and instead of hitting the poi body we hit the po..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,404    Replies: 34
"so, i just ordered a pair of fire pois.I`ve tried poi only a couple of times so I havn`t really practised with `em.My question is what should i learn first, whats the basic steps of poi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,839    Replies: 15
"Hey all im in need of advice.i got this part in the school play which is a fairly huge outdoor thing and a big deal at my school. Anyway, the play is shakespeare's the Tempest and i'm a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,031    Replies: 6
"hi...rev ttn, throw the lhp when its beating underneath the rhp, and make the socks tangle over each other at the halfway point (or thereabouts) of the held poi (it doesnt matter as muc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,763    Replies: 25
"Lately since i've mastered the normal weave with my sock poi's, i've been weaving with two poi's in each hand. it looks pretty cool, can't wait to try it out with my fire pois."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,634    Replies: 8
"I have been trying to figure out something. I had a great idea about throwing your poi up in the air and catching it, Switching hands while one poi is in mid air. Things along that natu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,914    Replies: 11
"Well not exaclty but very close:Its an oldie but a goodie:trochorhttp://fergusmurray.members.beeb.net/Trochor.htm "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,127    Replies: 9
"EVERYTIME..... i watch and watch..... is there something im missingim still a beginner... i use glow sticks or balls... i can do simple stuff and transition between moves... but getting..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,512    Replies: 44
"dont think theres been a thread about this. i was having fun dropping my poi earlier. you know when you throw your poi and sometimes you cant quite catch it? youve dropped it. all is no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,507    Replies: 5
"Hullo,Having just purchased my first set of poi yesterday I have come across a problem. This may just be me and my infexible self but I can't do behind the back moves. I can do 5 beat w..."
Views: 1,565    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,085    Replies: 7
"I can't figure out how to do a legit 5-step. My friend and i believe we have found a variation, but we're still not quite there. Any diagrams, videos or advice? And on the real 5-ste..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,054    Replies: 12
"hi all...last october, at common ground, i stumbled apon a horizontal hyperloop, of which i could not find a way out of. but. after several days of experimenting i found a way out, whic..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,443    Replies: 10
"Newbie question...While learning the basic stuff in Michal Khans book (had my poi for about 2 weeks and am now only struggling with split time reels and the fountain), a new move sort o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,592    Replies: 97
"All those "in between-", static (seperated on both sides) and buzzsaw isolations work quite well.So now I try to include isolations constantly into weaves. But at the moment they work o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,745    Replies: 24
"I was playing around with left handed 'contact' throws, where you half wrap the poi and then release it and I found that (completely by accident) I could coil the poi round one arm, rel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,640    Replies: 8
"So I've been kicking around this idea for a while of using poi while suspended upside down from something. So I gave it a try on sunday night hanging from my knees from a trapezze.It w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,948    Replies: 1
"this is relly annoyin me i cnt seem to get the backward 3 beat weave i did it once but then fogot and neva been able to do it since iv tried for ages...but then gave up .any tips?"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,412    Replies: 66
"hey alljust posting to see if i can get any help/advice. I'm working on the corkscrew and within 20 minutes i pretty much got the movement worked out. My only problem is that i keep hit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,230    Replies: 18
"Well, the outdoor season is officially over for me with the falling of the first snow… So, confined to training in my cramped quarters I am looking for inspiration from the masses to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,360    Replies: 66
"Hi, I´m new to this and i´m just wondering when u are using your poi and accedently hit yourself when you have them on fire, does it hurt mutch and do you burn your self right away? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,924    Replies: 6
"Siteswaps is possibility how to notate moves in sequence.Its comming form "ball siteswaps". In ball siteswaps is themost important the height of the ball. In Poi siteswaps wetake two ba..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,604    Replies: 9
"Hello all, I've seen the tutorials on teh webby but was wondering if there's a good dvd or video out there that can help me. I know nothing beats learning from someone else but I don't ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,905    Replies: 3
"what r ur opinions on learning poi in different ways... learning single moves on there own n practicing them 1 after the other again n again... or try linking them together in combo's. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,820    Replies: 13
"Hi, I'm new to these forums. I've been spinning for a month and a half now and working with staff for 3 weeks. I love working with these toys, I've never had so much fun.Anyways, to my ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,788    Replies: 9
"An accident turns into a move, and you know the rest. I've never seen this move before, or heard anyone make references to it, so I figure its not been done. Just wanted to share. Horiz..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,626    Replies: 37
"This is probably a thread that has been done to death, but what the hell This is an extension of a conversation I was having with MCP today. I asked her at which point she considered so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,397    Replies: 3
"I know this thread has been done probaly millions of times but after doing a search i couldn't find anything very relative to what i wanted to know. Basically i want to learn a few new ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,390    Replies: 7
"Hello! I have been practicing for over 2 months... And I feel as if i'm ready to light... But, i'm curious to what do I use to light it? Do I use a special type of maybe oil or somethin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,555    Replies: 26
"I've been practicing these for too long not to have them taped. 50% of the time they work and the other 50% its just a tangled mess. They seems to be a bit easier with sock / material..."
Views: 1,416    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,196    Replies: 10
"Right this will be a challenge. I'm sure people somewhere in time caame up with this but i will put it up cos i have never seen it on a thread.Isolated pendulums.if you pick up one poi ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,657    Replies: 8
"should the length of handles+chain+head = arm length? i kno that size can differ, but wuts like the standard? been spinnin for like 3 weeks already and now that i think of it i have tha..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter