Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 8,451    Replies: 91
"Ok guys, I've done searches galore, I've had step by step help and I still haven't got anywhere near a fountain. I'm reading the instructions, but it just won't register with what I'm s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,069    Replies: 12
"I picked some poi up in Thailand after watching some fire shows. I was lucky enough to get a free hours lesson when i bought my poi, so that got me started with some moves.I started of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,016    Replies: 8
"So, this is just a few ideas I got over the past few weeks. Elbow Catch When, say, spinning a watermill to the right, bt plane, left hand goes BTB, then right hand goes BTB and hits the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,399    Replies: 2
"What move is the 'Shotgun' ? Ive found this video and a few people are talking about it not being a shotgun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgMCMqqI6VQA video of someone doing a/the '..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,257    Replies: 13
"Okay I have done a search on this, but didn't find what i was looking for...so apolagises if this has been asked a million times now...okay so so i think wraps look quite nice so i trye..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,271    Replies: 9
"The thread I looked at don't help much. So here ya go.I have been doing poi for a wee while now and have developed to an intermeddiate stage(by Michals poi book) but I was teaching a fr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,875    Replies: 5
"Ok i may just be a twiz but does it matter how long your strings are My bro said that mine were long but i dont no, i find them k....ttfn louie xox"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,815    Replies: 5
"When I do butterfly with poi going forward (inwards) I can do thread the needle fine, usually starting with right slightly in front of left. When I try this with poi going backwards (o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,634    Replies: 3
"Hello. I was just playing about with butterflies all over my body and I started to enjoy doing the behind the back inwards butterfly. Does anyone else use this move? You start doing a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,590    Replies: 7
"i need someone to help tell me if im on the right track...I got my poi three days ago and was looking for a bit of constructive critisism...i dont know anyone who can really teach me so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 32,855    Replies: 82
"please tell me, I'm gonna perdorm at birthdays with my friends (1 of them is a DJ) and I need some songs.please give me some good songs "
Last Reply by
Views: 9,700    Replies: 88
"hey, can anyone help me?what is an anti spin weave?any tips on doing it? thanks chris"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,522    Replies: 5
" Is possible to make shoulder reel, extended by straight arm anti-spin figure? :R"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,772    Replies: 18
"Okay, After having watched people fire spinning and thinking wow i want to be able to do that, 2 weeks ago i went out and bought myself some poi. HurrahI'm not normally one for sticking..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,848    Replies: 9
"Okay.. ive been raving for about eh... 2 and a half months.. its been fun and all, really enjoy the rush. The only problem im stuck on alot of moves which start to frustrate me.. majori..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,459    Replies: 10
" OK firstly - sorry if this is anywhere else but i couldn't find it (although im not great at searching for these things).When i do the 3bt btb weave, i have a rhythm but i figured out ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,917    Replies: 11
"Hey guyz! Can anyone give me some help with btb weave?? I just CANT get it! Dunno where to start lol! Any help wil b greatly appreciated!!x.:Lil' BBoy:.x"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,567    Replies: 31
"Shibaki showed me a sweet move this past weekend. You start by doing the one-handed butterfly. Then you can just simply flip your hand over your head and do one rep behind your head, th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,283    Replies: 4
"So today, some friends and I were playing with a set of moves that we have dubbed orbits....once again, not to be confused with orbitals.The set was inspired by something Arsn did on Co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,673    Replies: 16
"my first time spinning poi in about 6 months here's some pics and god i ache today :'Please feel free for any critisism etchttp://photobucket.com/albums/f312/jonela/ "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,991    Replies: 9
"Well, the following moves have very little use to them, but I thought somebody might get something out of it, so here goes:Pendulum Tangle/ThruwrapBasic Idea: use one poi to push the ot..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,151    Replies: 49
"Hello all.I don't often have much to offer by the way of new or interesting ideas, but hopefully this will set a few cogs turning 'Stands' as I have come to call them are the result of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,121    Replies: 104
"OK, pesky winter is gone and so is my excuse for not picking up poi in months. So now it's time to dust off my box of poi moves and go out and get some more. I figure if I publicly wr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,107    Replies: 18
"it sucks. a picture is worth a thousand words, and some of the stupid things I do, a picture couldn't even describe. you know what I mean? It's crap. I need to get a video camera."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,767    Replies: 10
"Rite I have been trying and trying to figure out how to do the 4-5beat weave and I'm not even sure if I am gettin it right so I thought the best fing was to record the move and let you ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,778    Replies: 20
"so hang with me here. this trick is not nearly as complex as the name. start by doing a 3 beat weave. now when your poi are on the right side of your body, spin your left poi twice a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,898    Replies: 8
"Some usefull exercises to improve timing (and body movement). Put on some music with a regular, easily distinguised beat. Opposite Direction Reels (try same direction later )Start with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 29,954    Replies: 51
"OK... have only really just started using poi, and i've just about mastered the basic few butterfly moves and I can happily do the 3 beat weave until the cows come home. I've been tryin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,855    Replies: 1
"hey guys,i have been working one one handed moves for poi, and i wanted to know if anybody else has some good ones.at the moment, i can do two one handed butterfly, at same time and a c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,202    Replies: 23
"I made 3 GIFs last night from some practice footage I had chillin' on my HDD. I made them to learn how to make GIFs from video but figured Id post 'em in my gallery since they might be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,896    Replies: 12
"Ok so I have a Question. Does any body out there know what kind of fuel to use if you want to set up a ring of fire to burn in?Don’t know if I’m explaining that very well but…I k..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,104    Replies: 8
"What are some exercises I can do to develop my left hand? I'm a righty and can't seem to get my left to move as well as the right. Would appreciate any help! "
Last Reply by
Views: 10,962    Replies: 53
"...has anyone managed to crack into the world of (painless) behind the back poi.I'm not talking butterflies, but full on weave/train and chicken oriental moves.......and what type of fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,463    Replies: 5
"hello,im new to poi but i gotta say its great. ive read the free lessons bit about the weave andv ive read all the other posts but i just can seen to get it right. i can do it with just..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,432    Replies: 16
"OK I'll try to explain this as simple as I can with my poor english.Has anyone thought what it would be like if at anytime(while spinning) knew and understood the exact position and ori..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,174    Replies: 14
"Ok, as some of you might know ive been into thease for a little while, and last night i made a huge discovery, I have tried to keep it to mysef for about 24 hours but am no good at not ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,742    Replies: 5
"I've been messing around with poi for just over a year and I thought I might have some new moves but I can't seem to get them right.1) Start with the butterfly on one side of your body ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,667    Replies: 32
"I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or beginning moves for doing 4 poi at once? Ive pretty much mastered 2 poi, looking for something new. Any help is appreciated."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,005    Replies: 16
"Is there anybody out there who is using Poi for teaching, is teaching Poi in a "wholistic"/scientific way?I am throwing some theories at you, just briefly:Feldenkrais, Montessori, Ayres..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,750    Replies: 34
"You know that whole "Rubbing the tummy while patting the head" thing? That most people have trouble with but some folks can do. Well my class showed me another one and I instantly got..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,241    Replies: 6
"Ive gotten a few forward moves done and finnaly gotten a swap from front circles to back circles move done (yeay) but Alas I know not of any backward circle moves, any beginer moves any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,485    Replies: 3
"i've searched three times now and i can't find it. what is contact poi? i've been hearing about it alot lately and i'm just really curious. "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,256    Replies: 45
"There are a ton of amazing spinners on this site though none of us are at all perfect. I was wondering what moves, patterns, and concepts we all may have neglected or skipped while lear..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,030    Replies: 8
"okay now don't flame me PLEASE! but i'm haveing troubles with orbitals (airwarps) w/e they be called. when i try to go into one from a 3b weave my glow sticks, or what ever i'm useing a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,551    Replies: 5
"Hello all, i am new to HOP. Ive been spinning glowstick poi for about a year, ive recently been extremly interested in fire poi... but living in mississippi i have yet to run across any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,478    Replies: 4
"Did a search and didn't find anything, at least not with yin yang in the title or first post... so...Can anyone describe how to do it? I've got a description in Michal's book, but if I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,612    Replies: 32
"trust me I've looked for past threads!! I've just got the 5beat weave after a night of agh ooooph!!! and yes more gut renching hits to the jiggle berries . I tried to do it in revers..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,849    Replies: 18
"I was messin around the other night and I had an Idea. then I turned it into a reality. I'm not sure if this has been done before. If it has, will someone let me know? it was out of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,887    Replies: 58
"I have been trying to see how many beats I can get in the weave, not that the lay audience notice the difference much but it is lank cool to do.With my normal poi I can get to a 7/8 bea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,407    Replies: 29
"Can anyone explain to me the difference in the two?"
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter