Forums > Beginner Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 31,386    Replies: 104
"I've seen it mentioned a couple of times. Can anyone describe it for me?Is it where you stand side on to a weave and have the poi circle in front, behind on one side, back in front, beh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,662    Replies: 15
"so you got fairy wings...how does one go about spinning with them onthey are rather large and i keep hitting themany suggestionsany other topics hit on this already?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,103    Replies: 17
"Sorry about posting a new topic, but this has been really annoying me for a while now.I just learnt the outwards TTN, and this guy I met said that I could use that with the inwards TTN ..."
Views: 1,308    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,136    Replies: 13
"Hi everyone!As mentioned in my introduction thread, I'm having some problems with the basic, even-time forward butterfly. It's not that I couldn't do it, not at all, but it doesn't feel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,504    Replies: 17
" hey guys,, i dont know if theres a post here allready on this, but ive been playing with it for a while now, and i think ive finally come to a conclusion with it,, so bear with me .. l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,759    Replies: 20
"i need some serious help on getting into the straight jacket while keeping it going and pulling it out.............i've only got 9 days to get it downhere's what i'm working with.........."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,467    Replies: 25
"yo,just another variation you might find intresting...forwards side plane, poi comes across the back and wraps over opposite shoulder. Let poi go, depending on angle poi with weither sh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,454    Replies: 6
"dont you just love it when you wake up with a new move fully formed in your mind?horisontal through wraps. turn them upside down!you can do it pretty easy with your arm, but I think thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,627    Replies: 10
"I did as thorough a search as I could, but I couldn't find answers to this specific problem.OK... I'll try typing this again. I get the extra beat. I get the poi to come across the fron..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,886    Replies: 5
"Can you identify the move at 49 seconds and tell me how to do it its been frustrating me for 3 weeks now. there are also some others im confused about but ill talk about them later if n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,658    Replies: 12
"Hey Everyone. I've been spinning for a little over a month and I felt comfortable to twirl fire last night...Enjoy! "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,260    Replies: 9
"So I love Capoeira and breaking and I love poi. I started thing about some of the fundamentals of breaking and the momentum needed to keep rotation. Then I thought about what could be i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 50,851    Replies: 124
"at nyc's request this is my attempt at explaining how to do the most basic of the hyperloops. if anyone can do better (and i'm *sure* you can) please do - the more descriptions, the be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,689    Replies: 12
"Ive currently been doing a lot of slack lining and a lot of poi, and finaly i had the idea to cross-breed them. Has anyone else tried this? Ive found that the Weave is altering sense of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,527    Replies: 2
"can anybody possibly give me some advice with behind the back swinging, because i can only get one poi going for about 2-3 spins then it hits me in the leg?!.."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,755    Replies: 7
"Hey everyone. My boyfriend and I decided that on the 4th we would attach sparklers to his poi chains and have fun with it. They were hard to spin because they were so light...we kept th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,950    Replies: 4
"I'm not sure where this post should go, I'm really just looking for advice rather than something specific. I hope here is ok. I've recently been reinspired by poi after being shown a fe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,512    Replies: 40
"Ok, as the name suggests (for any diaboloisters - what do you call them?) this is based around the diabolo move the whip catch, where you throw the diabolo in the air then flick out the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,935    Replies: 15
"Official versions!!! Butterfly Reverse Weave Weave Around the Head Hyperloop all require Flash 8.Or for people who dont have Flash: Tutorial pack EXE, 3.5 mb..Only in slovak but Ill ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,646    Replies: 2
"hello im starting with fire twirling,i want to now if somebody can tell me where i get a manual with tricks or something like that..........thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,478    Replies: 2
"This idea is to simply take an existing move and replace Poi head and handle in it, with both Poi. Advanced can consider, where to place hands. An example: &lbr;Staff full izo&rbr; I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,315    Replies: 4
"Has enyone noticed that most Buzz saw tutorials have the Poi spinning forwards where i personaly find it easyer to spin it backwards ie. poi coming towards you.what do other people thin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,876    Replies: 9
"Hey!this is maily directed at simian....thoes antispun crosser thingies... am I right in thinking that when you no bit at one transition and lift up for the other, and what your doing i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,930    Replies: 9
"this is an anti-wall plane thread. so if you're a firm believer in the wall plane and sacred gemoetry, I suggest you hit the back button. I have met very few people who can transition..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,043    Replies: 45
"All i want to know is how to do one and wat it should look like please.Yes i did do a search, yes i got 23 results, no didn't get any of them.feeling a little bit retarded now.Could som..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,051    Replies: 2
"Last night was the full moon party on Kho Pangan and i did the crazyest thing iv ever done with fire basicly i was laying flat on my back spinning a buzz saw in frount of my face with t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,542    Replies: 7
"well a while back i went from two handed butterfly to one handed and it changed from over hand to under hand so what i did is start at my head in over hand butterfly force down in anti ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,671    Replies: 51
"just wondering if anyone has tryed it yet "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,475    Replies: 7
"me confusesded ples help me!when i try theard the needle. my arms go into postions i didnt know possible. i laugh in the face of fear. then hide till it goes away"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,402    Replies: 1
"Can any one help me learn how to do behind the back????? "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,217    Replies: 13
"I cant find any threads describing the kinda help i need...i can sometimes get the airwrap down, but that's not so much of a problem, im practicing these with sock poi btw, anyway im ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,740    Replies: 5
"Has anyone considered 'systematic' ways of learning poi moves, or does anyone learn or teach poi in a systematic way?e.g to learn the 3-beat weave:Step 1: Learn the 2-beat weave, right ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,728    Replies: 3
"I've just had a thought, that is to say a flicker, well more of a dull semblance of cognition; and this is it. Why not make interestingly shaped wicks? Say heart or star-shaped? I app..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,272    Replies: 11
"## newbie alert ##don't know if what i'm doing is really a windmill or not.What i'm doing is a " chase the sun " with a 180 degree seperation between poi , one pass in back with eachpoi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,504    Replies: 12
" i m just training on poi for 5 days and i can do (2 beats, 3 beats, 5 beats) waves forwards and i can do (2 beats and 3 beats) backwards.. i can also do low and high turns and tuck tur..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,410    Replies: 17
"Ok, my friend made me some sock poi yesterday (really nice of him) and I was wondering are there any moves you can do with sock poi you cant do with normal poi and other way round.And w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,140    Replies: 14
"Ok so there is a 3 poi juggling tips and tricks thread… but I havnt got that far yet. I have been playing about with ways I can juggle 2 poi though…There are a few base patterns tha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,220    Replies: 13
"Ok this will suck.. But..:)Basic idea is, doing any kind of hyperloop/airwrap and during the course of the trick release one or both poi, catch and untangle.. Or untangle and catch does..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,862    Replies: 26
"If music is what you hear between the notes . . .. . . . . Poi is how you feel between the moves . . . . .And how do you feel between the moves? I think its funny This is a preparatio..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,151    Replies: 39
"Hi there!The poi lessons on hop are great. Really. but I'm through, and of cause I'd like to learn more moves. It's quite tricky to understand (even if you have a look over "words and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,651    Replies: 12
"Excuse me if the thread exists, but my search didnt bring up such a topic.Being apart of HoP, its pretty much a golden rule, all men and women... must.. love... balls... What kind do y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,732    Replies: 28
"hello people, i picked up poi 2 days ago and im wondering what new moves to try,i can do the 2 and 3 beat weave forwards and backwards, i can do the butterfly and windmill. ive tryed be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,885    Replies: 4
"Im having problems with the 3 beat reverse weave.Currently I can go in reverse with just 2 beats, I just cant seem to transfer the lead from my right hand (bottom) to my left hand.As so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,670    Replies: 4
"I'm new and i've been trying to get the shoulder reels (and hip reels for that matter) forever...it's not that i haven't tried...i've tried and tried for hours on end, but i keep whacki..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,404    Replies: 52
" holy shat why tie your poi to your fingers..why not have 4 balls freestanding... ??? !ooohhh you should see how these babies handle am in manchester this weekend may be out on sunday..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,317    Replies: 6
"so yeah other night i was attempting a butterfly weave. i started on my left side and un the up swing i transfered, in the middle i ended up performing a hyper loop whacking myself in t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,413    Replies: 17
"I learnt this a while ago, does anyone have a name for it??when doing a airwrap your arms are at 3 and 9 oclock, but when the poi hitt it the center i elevate my right arm and drop the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,280    Replies: 7
"i recieved my first set of poi last week, these are poipoi cobra's.....and i'm in love! they look and feel amazing to spin (definately a bit of a workout!!) i've been learning moves fro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 25,830    Replies: 114
"Hi allRecently i've been working on a 3D-animation coursework within which i decided to add a person doing poi. Course its all rather simple...the poi are made of a cylinder and a spher..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter