Forums > Advanced Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,901    Replies: 15
"B-Complex B_complex.png (46866Bite) (mirror)What: B-Complex is Poi spinning terminology map. (Named by Mr. Le Skunk)C-Complex c_complex.png (70KBite) (mirror) What: C-Complex is P..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,920    Replies: 37
"Balance between Poi head and body weightprove of concept.Warning: High tech..Code:Centripetal force (2nd. law of move)Prerequisite:Code:Fc = CONST. (3rd. law of move)Than:1&rbr; If the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,834    Replies: 64
"hello everyone!I wrote this as a birthday present to everyone on the board, so I hope you like it.sorry its a bit lateinnished but had some trouble uploading the images...anyway, let th..."
Views: 2,637    Replies: 0
"- 'X' FORMATION- 'BUZZSAW' FORMATION- RESOLUTION- EXAMPLE'sNotation: (LR) - Left over or right overRecomended: Framing-------------------------------------------------------------------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,535    Replies: 18
"Hello my circleloving friends.Like the new thread :PGot a question. I don`t have any idea if this is advanced stuff or just some simple isolationsstuff.30 seconds in you se me doin it.I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,430    Replies: 4
"It's very fun to see that all the old topics are gone into the beginners section! I think is simply for technical needs but is so fun to think that all the moves and tricks and ways of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,980    Replies: 40
"Hellooo,I've already done a search on this and got lots of conflicting definitions (as im sure will happen on this thread) so i was wondering if anyone could explain in nice, simple ter..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,064    Replies: 20
"---------------POI MAGIC---------------Especially dedicated to &lbr;Nx?&rbr;.&lbr; magic.zip &rbr; (4.3MB)Mirror, thanks Mcp.&lbr; mirror: card.zip &rbr; (4.3MB)&lbr; mirror: deck.png &..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,763    Replies: 6
"Catch, where one Poi head, is catched by the oppositehand holding the tale, during the whole move.(Making 'negative' between hands, Poi 'n' body.)Actually the first move was in 'Dinosau..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,410    Replies: 1
" (from the top)&lbr; walrus.png &rbr;&lbr; mirror: walrus.png &rbr;Name: WalrusTool: Caida's Walrus---------------------------------------------------------------------------Walrus, pro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,103    Replies: 16
"So, I did a workshop last month in Boston with fNi and while playing around we started trying to air wrap our poi together while air wrapping separately. We couldn't really get it sinc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,619    Replies: 7
"Q. What is an Internal / External move?A. Link your fingers together and then push your hands away from your chest, this is your personal space. An internal move goes through this spac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,194    Replies: 29
"This is spawned from something that ucof and I were playing with in Sheffield the other weekend, and had a bit of tweaking from Simian at Spitz last week.I'm not great with text descrip..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,829    Replies: 3
"i found that after an discution with peach:if you want to make antispin/spin flower (ASS) without rythm chaos:- you choice a number of AS beat =n- you take your beat S beat => n-2it'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,321    Replies: 39
"So in the total of 7m 32s I was spinning at BoB, I spent most of it watching G (Flaming Deity) doing cool things with 1.5's and some other people have been playing with them too, so tho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,666    Replies: 16
"hy, i worked on that this morning, it's two hyperloop transition as hyperloop to buterfly hyperloop end inversement.i thing that a quickly atomic transition but i'm not sure...=> htt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,953    Replies: 31
"Just something that came from both the "re-learning the basics" thread, and a couple of workshop proposals I've been writing and have seen written elsewhere...Over the past year or 3, s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,175    Replies: 16
"hibit more theory to drop into the mix...for years I have been doing a backward butterfly overhead tangle that comes out in forward butterfly. with no idea how i was doing it.whilst mes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,770    Replies: 9
"Soooo I had this idea:Throw right poi to your rigt from the bottom up, as it comes down bend your ankle back and catch the poi with the ankle, let the handle wrap a little then kick foo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,169    Replies: 38
"-ROSE-PEDAL CURVE-NEGATIVE PEDAL CURVE-SUPERSPIN---------------------------------------------------------------------------ROSE------------A curve which has the shape of a petal flower...."
Last Reply by
Views: 16,891    Replies: 70
"morning.I quite enjoyed writing out contact staff moves over here so I thought I’d have a go at some poi moves that are not in widespread circulation…..enjoy.if you’ve problems ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,478    Replies: 54
"hello hello,ok so today i was ment to be practicing trinity but got distracted into atomics, got myself a nice turning atomic weave now so i thought 'hey, let try a tangle!'wot i did wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,130    Replies: 26
"I just uploaded this video to my archive if you would like to download it rather then watch it on youtube.http://www.gsccleric.com/~rovo/Rovo/Tuts%20and%20Demos/I have been playing with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,794    Replies: 35
"For those of you who are quite confident with isolations - A characteristic of isolations that many people play with but dont do conciously:When playing an isolated Figure 8 most people..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,042    Replies: 12
"Book, is like gate to the knowledge. Color smell paper,scheets rustles, page turning. Beside, an electronicera, brought one more insight. (Sphercular) Omnimodus by Matt WibblerLooking t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,261    Replies: 31
"First of all I will try to define formally it:"A flying Nexus is the nexus between two poi when only one of them is held and the other is controlled only by the first poi(-body-)".Witch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 52,733    Replies: 143
"Ive been working to categorize all types of flowers in an attempt to find more. I believe Ive finally finished and have discovered many new ones (to me) along the way. Decided to shar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,159    Replies: 19
"Sup peoples... I've decided to theme my new tutorial series (as advertised in my practice vid).. Be sure to check back pretty regular for updates.. Also I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,794    Replies: 17
"Well, I'd like to give an example of figure that broughtan idea about new figure. New in way of putting non-circular hand, or Poi movement.2 Anti spin-------------- (mirror)This move is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,389    Replies: 35
"Blatently ripped from the juggling world... But I love the idea so I want to try it.. if there's enough interest I'll make a wee website... Tween - A term used in animation. The animat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,817    Replies: 29
"I have done a few searches for this and cant find anything. I can do normal barrel rolls, can some explane how to do the butterfly one or even better give me a link to an existing threa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,456    Replies: 68
"-SPACE-FRAME-PLANE CREATION(This thread could not be done, without Rev and his shine on.)*...........................Hand./ ...........................Poi tale.o..........................."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,718    Replies: 29
"ok.. so lazyangel and I have been having a discussion on movement.. he started it here, then contributed it to a thread on |s| where Jon talked about movement.. I don't want to really d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,503    Replies: 92
"I see ibeefy8 has been doing these and I've been wanting to expand them for quite some time so seemed like a good time to do so for anyone who wants to learn or has any tips and advice ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,876    Replies: 29
"http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/show...rev=#Post510437there is a short vid and explanation in that post.. scroll down to the clarifications section... ironic a bit that the vid cli..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,513    Replies: 11
"After reading THIS RECENTLY BUMPED THREAD I thought I'd start my own, but specifically about two people poi, not two people spinning a pair of poi each but one being the left and one be..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,594    Replies: 70
"Well, there were developed just few new techniques of new way of spinning. Its right time to put the moves into new dimensions. - Crane- Atom- Trinity- Helix- Gradient- Framing---------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,280    Replies: 27
"ok so I figured out some of my confusion and understand what I've been doing seeing that's made antispin inversions so hard for me to understand.. atoms... ok.. so same direction and op..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,518    Replies: 47
"You like Butterflies ? You like the Splittime and its TTN Derivatives especially ?? - Then this one will be the right thing for you !! - Quartertime Butterflies. The Splittime Butterfly..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,954    Replies: 5
"Simple and essential Crossover Points describe the point at which the Poi crosses from one side to the other when doing a figure8. For Example: If one would take a long exposure pictur..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,893    Replies: 47
"so lead hands are something we dont talk about much... but I want to bring it up, because I'm a bit confused.. and writing things out always helps me understand things better... ok.. si..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,354    Replies: 13
"Passing the Poi into onehanded out of any move.Passing the Poi from onehanded into any move.Throwing Poi into onehanded.Throwing Poi from onehanded into onehanded.Throwing Poi from oneh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,761    Replies: 15
" Written by: &rbr; I'm asking Glass, he told many times he know, but here are other who may know, I hear about.&lbr;/quoteI'm asking Bluecat to unhide.-----------------------------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,044    Replies: 5
"They have already been mentioned HERE by Dom but imo they deserve a thread of their own.They are most beautiful when played with Fireropes or Socks.Theory: Play Quartertime and Isolate ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,574    Replies: 8
"i was watching oli's "not a sock in sight" video the other night. The bit inbetween 2:05 and 2:10 blew me away, and i couldn't work out what the hell it was. So i asked him, and found o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,768    Replies: 15
"There have been lots of talk of atoms recently, but none really about the difference between atoms (where the centre of rotation of each poi is the same point) and boxes (where the plan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,854    Replies: 28
"Rev and I have recently been having a long argument over what exactly is an offset weave, and after reaching an impasse I thought I'd post here and see what people thought. Unfortunatel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,965    Replies: 35
"yo,ok rev, its time to talk.having got the anti-ttn (wich by the way is just a case of moving the wrong arm in a ttn) i was looking at anti-bf-weaves. the trouble is, i dont think they ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,582    Replies: 3
"In order to really learn and control thru-wraps I can highly recommend Offset thru-wraps. This way one can feel if he really is spinning in splittime or if the thru-wrap is played with ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,258    Replies: 34
"So then, I've been playing around with switching from one plane to another without the poi swinging 'out' all over the place. I've been 'braking planes' for a while now but it was only ..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter