Forums > Advanced Poi Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,489    Replies: 5
"Hi Spinners !Here's a Flickr set that I just finished and where you can find a collection of spinning motion illustrations and a proposal of naming for each.This can be used particularl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,112    Replies: 1
"Hi Everybody !As a sequel to the post about Third-order Motions ... here is (finally) the link where you guys could find the spreadsheet which have given all the pictures of patterns se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,010    Replies: 6
"Tech poi has gone web 3.0 and most of the discussion is now happening on the facebook tech poi group. Come join, it has a bunch of cool features!http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=grou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,486    Replies: 3
"So I’ve been playing around lately with plane changes into atomics, and I quickly realized that atomic antispin flowers were an excellent way to get into quarter time, and that once i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,230    Replies: 1
"more important than any "trick" to be captured in a frame by a camera,the act of poi is more a dance/performance.I seek to leave a lasting impression by breaking planes and in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,032    Replies: 2
"Hi everyone,I just finished writing my article about throws, it includes some basic types of throws, some theory and physics about throws, a little about body throws, and about how to l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,075    Replies: 5
"Especially in flowery patters. anyone know any drills i can do to get these? I saw someone doing a lot of them at decom and it's still a lot over my head "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,475    Replies: 11
"What's the best way to do this, same direction and just complicated counting? Do people do two opposite orientation triquetras? butterfly triquetras? Sorry bout all the questions, I'm g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,121    Replies: 16
"Polyhedron - a solid figure bounded by plane polygons or faces.I've started this thread to embark on a journey; a journey of nth dimensional poi constructs. The 2nd dimension: (Height, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,838    Replies: 8
"I'm baffled as to this carry over stall thingy that is so popular now (if I have the wrong name sorry) and I do not know the momentum and spacial requirements to accomplish this task.On..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,393    Replies: 7
"okay so i just recently started really get the hang of the mercedes, and i can do it pretty well now, but how do you make the long arm and trifoil switch hand without stopping it? ive s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,710    Replies: 2
"Hi!It's been... a few years since i last picked up poi but now i have, i'm wondering... what's new? I can still do most of the stuff i used too, (just sloppy :)) but stuff seems to have..."
Views: 1,515    Replies: 0
"Anyone have any thoughts on the idea of balancing lit fire sticks on your forhead while doing fire spinning. Besides the obvious danger from screwing up and having the firestick fall a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,556    Replies: 7
"I've seen several video's from advanced Poi spinners do a move in which they are doing an Anti-spin flower and turning at the same time. And for the life of me cannot figure out how it ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,229    Replies: 16
"I just saw the new mel tech poi video (HOLY ) but there's a subset of moves that he does that seem to be using split time butterfly crossers. tutorial please?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,843    Replies: 1
"I have just started getting into one handed moves and I want to start doing them right. I can go from a 3 beat into the one handed 2 beat, but on the reverse i can't figure out whether ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,442    Replies: 1
"I was going to start learning advanced moves a few weeks ago but something happened, I lost my groove as it were. I'm looking to get back into poi but I feel like I need to learn new mo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,119    Replies: 15
"Hi everybody, im having trouble understanding posts in this forum when talking about 'anti-spin' could someone please explain..."
Views: 1,499    Replies: 0
" Proof Of Concept Video This is a move that allows you to do one handed spiral wraps up and down your arms back and forth as much as you are able to do."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,700    Replies: 14
"Okay I really like the meltdown thing and have seen it without the down and need some help as I think it would be good to work with. I don't want the down part because my body is not bu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,703    Replies: 19
"-DIRECTION-SPIN & ANTISPIN-PETAL & FLOWER-COMPOUND FLOWER------------------------------------------- DIRECTION Rule of Poi Direction* "Poi stay the same direction that we give i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,507    Replies: 13
"Wow there has been no thread on partner poi...so there it is: one of the most beautiful things two people can do together "
Last Reply by
Views: 7,778    Replies: 35
"the other day i saw my buddy do a isolated hyper loop anyone else done one? could you? if anyone else has any moves that to "our" knowledge there are no videos for please shar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,427    Replies: 10
"A forward - Parallels between music and poi:I like to think of object manipulation as a form of "spatial music". I think there can be some good analogies drawn from it.Music i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,746    Replies: 38
"What is a hybrid?: Quote:Hybrid is a not a combination of two driving styles, but any combination of movements in which Poi and hand are not in the same combination of timing and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,944    Replies: 12
"Hi. Ive been exploring the possibilities of a 2bt crosser, and I think ive come up with a candidate. I will post a video for it soon, but before i do i'd like to hear thoughts on it. Ba..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,145    Replies: 3
"Time is running, but my memories remain.------------------------------------------------------------------Quote:Move where master path trace the Poi path.-------------------------------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,072    Replies: 5
"A Four Beat Windmill Variation With Two Inversions."The Hobbit", not sure if there is already such a move or not but enjoy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09-zoEq_8Q"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,596    Replies: 2
"All right, I'd like here to present some of the basic hybrid patterns, anti-spin extensions.Basic: Reel (low turn, high turn)Advanced: Anti-spinAll these patterns are done with straight..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,028    Replies: 2
"I was working on my throws yesterday, and it occurred to me that one could theoretically juggle three poi. in a three beat weave with two poi, the right poi is thrown as the left poi is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 92,909    Replies: 185
"Really tricky, and I dont recommend them unless one is confident with isolations, otherwise they look quite ugly.The essence of hybrid moves is to play an isolation with one, and an ext..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,491    Replies: 30
"As promised, here is the english version. I'm really sorry for having taken so much time... but you know what a student's life is!;) http://cjoint.com/?jwwHetHyMP I'll present a worksho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,423    Replies: 4
"All right, it's continual wheel plane bolo hybrid from isolation weave.There are some crossed and uncrossed variations also some transitionsbetween leading isolation hand and they are r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,307    Replies: 14
"I have been tryin to figure out the correct movements for an anti spin btb weave in either direction. does anyone know if there is a video or something on it thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,236    Replies: 3
"Oh kay... So I was watching a trailer for the encyclopoidia, and He did the most amazing thing Ive seen in a long time:From a behind the back weave(or it was a btb wall plane)he did win..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,621    Replies: 11
"Hey, I DID do a search for this, but I didn't see anything relevant.I apologize if there IS something relevant I didn't see.... ANYHOW....I was wondering.... When people are throwing fl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,347    Replies: 12
"jugglers can flick clubs and balls up with their feet. i've been try for a while now to figure out away of doing this with my poi to no avail. is any one else trying it may be with more..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,919    Replies: 9
"I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I'm sure that most poi spinners have played with a meteor atleast once... (Two poi in one hand? ) Anyways, I'm curious how far you guys ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,654    Replies: 1
"Why didn't I try this sooner?! It seems like contact poi is the next logical progression in poi-istory. I recently purchased some stage balls and decided to make a pair of contact poi. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 25,983    Replies: 74
"I wanted to put a few ideas out there for people to play with. These aren't Jedi. They're not new. They're not 'my' moves. There's a whole load of variations that lead from and to them...."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,847    Replies: 6
"was outside just a minute ago messin around with no real goal in mind spinning and did a one handed packman twist by accident! so i did it again and again a few times and have found th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,309    Replies: 9
"Im not sure if you would call this an antispin 1.5... could someone please clarify what you would call it ?? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,681    Replies: 1
" a little manipulation i came up with yesterday"
Views: 2,789    Replies: 0
"i've been tryin to do more things with the thread the needle i have got it down to where i can do a split time butterfloop and inspired one of my friends to do a split time thread the n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,889    Replies: 6
"just a random question could you do a hyperloop or any kind of tangle with a triple wick?"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,629    Replies: 16
"Hey guys,I know that there is a thread how you can play with a triquetra but this post is not for knowing how to play a triquetra instead of what exactly is a triquetra.At the moment we..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,889    Replies: 10
"Alright, I've seen the many 5-beat topics already posted, but none matched exactly what I was wanting to ask. I can do the forwards 5-beat weave with ease now, however the reverse 5-bea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,916    Replies: 30
"I made this to show/discuss a isolated three beat weave but the video i had up wasnt a fully isolated weave so i removed it.sorry! but i would really love to hear your ideas and tips th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,083    Replies: 10
"Hey guysAt the moment I am working on this whole wrap things - The last days I have watch some glowsticking videos, and well what shall I say - it is sick. They have this great wrap-com..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,094    Replies: 6
"Hey there check out our new partnerpoi tutorials at partnerpoi.com windows users might have to install a quick-time plug-in to watch we are happy about your feedback Hanna, Tina and Fra..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter