Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,584,465    Replies: 657
"Notcomelan3 turning,that has wall plane similar to inversion.lightning,:R"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,078    Replies: 3
"P'oi chi is a form of spinning mainly focusing on stretching routinesand patterns rather then classic Poi routines and patterns or objectmanipulation techniques. It is one of the low 'e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,430    Replies: 3
"Hey there,we made a little collection of the basic partner poi moves. In little loops and in slowmotion.check them out, learn it, share it and have fun ... http://www.loooop.org/en/tuto..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,593    Replies: 3
"Hi everyone, I'm rather new to poi (just kinda-sorta have been messing around with it the past few months), but I've been getting more into the past few days and can definitely see a ne..."
Views: 1,661    Replies: 0
"dont think this up. i didnt really look very hard...i just got the btb underarm crosser so ive also been working on the waistwrap spiral and im kinda hit or miss so im just lookin for s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,974    Replies: 11
"Hi, I am new to Poi only starting about a year ago and simply love the learning experiences I am having while playing with poi.I have been practicing pretty regularly and going on hear ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,018    Replies: 4
"Quote:If there is a limitation in technical perception in spinning, throught dance,than nobody spin like I do.WHAT IS A SPINNING?--------------------------------------------------------..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,261    Replies: 14
"I'm about ready to learn hyperloops and orbitals. I can do air wraps very easily (at least in one direction - I'm so-so with the left poi on top, but I'm practicing). I've started by do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,002    Replies: 4
"Hi allDoes anyone know the name of.. or link to lesson for, this move in this video below. Check out 0:27 (move #2) I'm getting so irritated trying to figure it out on my own, can anyon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,558    Replies: 16
"Please help."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,179    Replies: 2
"Never found a tutorial on this kind of "catch", and the name is only a guess from how Nick Wolsey calls it in this video, where i first saw it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,707    Replies: 5
"Hi! I started practicing spiral wraps for around 3 days now. I can get the spin perfect, but I just can't spin it back. Any tips on how to unwrapping spiral wraps?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,253    Replies: 7
"ok this weave is making me crazy.every time i try this ill get it for a sec then start laughing because im excited to be doing it(u know that feeling when u finally pick up a new trick)..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,896    Replies: 1
"My first tech blog. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,514    Replies: 6
"ok so im curious to see what anyone else has to say about this wat you do is spiral wrap like normal but as it finishes wrapping up move it down in between your legs and unwrap under or..."
Views: 5,525    Replies: 7
"The first two are mostly talking a lot of theory. The rest are right in the &lbr;censored&rbr;. I try to keep it interesting. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,895    Replies: 5
"Can anyone explain, or point out a video that explains the concept of the 8-Step CAPs, I'm not really sure what's going on. I saw a sweet video of a bunch of variations and I think ther..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,953    Replies: 14
"I tried them recently, but I couldn't do any more than a 2-beat..Are any more-than-2-beat weaves possible with opposites, given that you maneuver the poi correctly so thet don't hit eac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,325    Replies: 7
"Hey, IÂŽm thinking about start leaning spiral wraps, a question;Can you make them with fire poi:s? I understand that its always risky to handle fire poi:s but if you make spiral wraps r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,542    Replies: 11
"I just found out that quarter time is awesome. Was hoping someone could do a video of some basic->intermediate quarter-time patters so I can "get it" and get inspired. Wort..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,046    Replies: 3
"So I just started to really get orbitals really down and really clean recently, but im still very confused as to how to get them to come apart cleanly, do you have to pay attention to w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,993    Replies: 2
"New tech blog! This one is long because I combined 2d and 3d in one. But fear not, it is jampacked full of tech. Body Tracing, UTL's, 3d, horizontal stacking, 1/4 time, negative space, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,391    Replies: 3
"Not sure if this belongs here, cuz its a video video, and not a blog, but its got lots of tech, so I hope its well received. Thanks for watching! "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,082    Replies: 1
" "
Views: 1,702    Replies: 0
" "
Last Reply by
Views: 9,627    Replies: 24
"ok i have been playin around with triquetra's and i am wondering is a triquetra weave possible?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,175    Replies: 4
"Hello all. I'm new here although I have been doing poi for some time.This video is probably well-known and may be well-digested amongst the commoners here but I need help identifying on..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,548    Replies: 2
" Sooo i started a tech blog, for many reasons. Its all stuff thats new to me, not necessarily new to you, but maybe. I hope you do find something interesting. Anything featured in the v..."
Views: 3,323    Replies: 0
"--------------------------------author: Ben Drexlersource: http://drexfactor.com/weirdscience/2010/09/29/soft_hard_and_mixed_transition_theory--------------------------------Quote:Given..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,599    Replies: 5
"Some brand new and very nice tutorials by Jon Everett:----------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------..."
Views: 1,947    Replies: 0
"Hey Everyone!Never posted here before, but I've been frequenting for a while. I just started doing partner poi a couple months ago and I've been having a blast. However; I've found th..."
Views: 2,451    Replies: 0
"So I decided to start a tech blog to both keep track of my progress, and to share new concepts I've been working on, both my own and variations of ones I've been taught. I'm going to ru..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,150    Replies: 5
"Can anyone do this. I can not on both sides I can on my left though...Its basiclly thredding the neddle on both sides just in a weaving pattern...can anyone help me withthis"
Last Reply by
Views: 24,193    Replies: 75
"Just a fun thread. describe a move, being as descriptive or vague as you wish to be, and if applicable 'name the move' above your post.I'm new as far as how many moves I know so I'll ho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,350    Replies: 3
"Heya!So after a long time off poi spinning i've finally picked them back up, had my first session with my torch poi last night on a beach, friend filmed n made a short video. Only probl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,517    Replies: 2
"Thought I'd share this trick with you guys sorry for that "splendid" quality but i dont have neither better camera, nor light in this room http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR-Xb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,256    Replies: 5
"I have been spinning poi a little over two years and started working on some advanced concepts. Mixing driving patterns, transitioning between complex technical moves (or trying to)and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,234    Replies: 2
"I just picked up my old set of poi after probably a year or two of neglecting them. The first thing I did after practicing a bit was looked up some how-to videos and I took notice of an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,374    Replies: 23
"GOD! Orbitals are kicking my ass. i can lock in, but ALWAYS they end up uneven in lengths. Even if they start out perfectly even. Once i tug the center point goes either left or right. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,667    Replies: 10
"Hey all!I've been spinning for about 3 months, sometimes on and off, but lately I've been putting a lot more effort into it. By the way, this is my first post on this forum! I really wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,295    Replies: 5
"In this video (Mel Red Pants) at 6:30 in he does what he calls an Anti-Anti spin (Aka Zans Diamond) At 6:36 is what im most intrigued about. One question. What the hell is he doing?! h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,070    Replies: 8
"Ok so as of viewing the video a couple times, it seems the way to start this is to spin the poi in anti spin in front wall plane. Am I right?Also when trying to learn this move is it re..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,578    Replies: 20
"What is a triquetra?For most of the past year, triquetra has been synonymous with three-petal antispin flowers and in some cases the hybrids that can be created by combining them with o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,672    Replies: 6
"Hi, I put some time into finding a way to map out poi patterns, if only to give myself an idea what i've missed, and what i can do. Im thinking about building a website, expanding on th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,222    Replies: 35
"Okay, I've spent a bit of time looking for a complete trick list for poi, and havent had any luck so I tinkered around with the idea, and came up with something much more. I came up wit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,091    Replies: 2
"I've been playing with 3d spinning for a few months now. Ive got it down pretty well but I've been looking for some good videos with people who apply it well to their natural flow. I fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,687    Replies: 10
"So I'm trying to figure out how to do the infinite orbital knot, but so far it's just completely blowing me away. Would anyone happen to know how to do this knot or know of a video tuto..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,044    Replies: 10
" Today is the summer solstice 2010 and that is imho a good time to share The image above is a structured display of the relationship between different degrees of rotation and vibration..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,137    Replies: 6
"Ive got the regular cateye down i just cant figure it out horizontaly can anyone help?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,202,459    Replies: 565
"Throughout the world of poi there walk a breed aside from other moves. Many have claimed that they don’t exist, or that they did, but that they died out with some long lost tribe ..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter