Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,479    Replies: 6
"Andy, the owner of the farm that Thimbleberry Festival calls home has been summoned to court for "Permitting use of premises for smoking of a controlled drug of Class B - cannabis&..."
Views: 1,875    Replies: 0
"hi. im in 12th form in my country and was wondering where to go to study at university.meiby some of you can say something about Norway or New zealand universitys?did you study there? w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,176    Replies: 13
"Recent report in Germany revealed that the oil and gas producing companies produce megatons (in Germany alone 2.000t/ year) of radioactive waste. Itself not a new finding. What's "..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,562    Replies: 2
"There's constantly argument on here over what is someone's opinion and what is closer to carefully analysed information. I found this article to shed some very interesting light on th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,272    Replies: 1
"Survey for fire artists, please do this! I'm doing a picture/type project in which I need discriptions of feelings and energy felt when playing with fire, trying to explain to the audie..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,879    Replies: 3
"For those of you who have kids, of any age, what are you proud of them for?For anything at all. Not only because they may have gotten accepted into law school or because they represente..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,482    Replies: 53
"So then...It appears that the billionaire founder of Cirque is travelling into space, at the cost of $35m, to promote the issue of Water for all...As the writer of this Guardian article..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,153    Replies: 14
"So who is on the beta?Poi related waves? live translation from one language to another? the ability to inbed videos into the wave! as if we werent communicating efficiently enough al..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,227    Replies: 9
"Just throwing this out there to see what people think. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20091119/twl-wild-child-10-tasered-over-bath-time-3fd0ae9.html"
Last Reply by
Views: 11,519    Replies: 51
" Journalist Jane Bürgermeister has filed ...th Organization Now we finally know what and who is behind all this Originally Posted By: godlike productionsThese are challenging times an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,441    Replies: 79
" President Obama adresses students in nationwide speech "The Cato Institute, a public-policy research foundation, issued a press release entitled "Hey Obama, Leave Those Kids ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,333    Replies: 28
"So I was at Burning Man for my 8th year and there was this massive structure called "Darwin's Wedge."It's basically a ~20'x100' slab of wood set at a 30° angle with the middl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,311    Replies: 43
"Children born for what? Violence and torture against children is a fact to which we are witnesses, even if we do not want. I have seen children beaten, made to beg, crippled or abandone..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,325    Replies: 5
"First off, Im new here so hey pplz, whaddup? My name is Orion and at this point I spin a contact staff and a home-made LED rope-dart (using a rainbow glow-ball from inside a set of jail..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,482    Replies: 26
"I've been reading lately about how people, mostly behavioural scientists in their 40's, are concerned that the technological mediums we choose to communicate through is breeding a more ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,312    Replies: 11
"Check out these (family friendly) pictures... See if you can figure out how they were made Awesome Light Pictures "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,468    Replies: 11
"Okay, at my school (collage) we just had a rave so I took my stardass with me and after a bit I noticed this other kid (who is still in high school) spinning glow sticks. So after a bit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,443    Replies: 20
"Back in January 2002 the Bush administration thought installing a "No Child Left Behind" policy would be a good idea.What I've seen is that it is an excuse to create a generat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,235    Replies: 29
"So my ex and I where together for a couple of years, she went to singapore and after i went and surprised her for valentines day (originally i was going to propose to her but decided to..."
Views: 1,486    Replies: 0
"So I will be coming to San Francisco for Halloween, and after doing some reading online, I am nervous as hell, pardon my french.One, it seems that there's a real "Stay in your own ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,018    Replies: 2
"Hi there,I'm a researcher for the Food Network show Glutton for Punishment and I'm trying to find someone to teach the host of our show, Bob Blumer how to do some basic poi or staff mov..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,381    Replies: 12
"There is something still SERIOUSLY w.r.o.n.g. with the US of A's...The secret "no fly list" has originally been set up after 9/11. It not only "contains at least 1 millio..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,843    Replies: 8
" the article Originally Posted By: Times onlineThe British government decided it was “in the overwhelming interests of the United Kingdom” to make Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,836    Replies: 53
"Pardon me, it seems as if this opening post (and the headline) can be misleading for some - thus find the update here:Semantics:"System" (from Latin "systēma&quo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,664    Replies: 27
"Absolutely bloody brilliant!!!! Haven't heard of such a genius concept in my life. Diet water - so obvious!!! One of the funniest things I've read in a LONG time. Sorry if this shoul..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,520    Replies: 47
"So the problem I'm faced with is finding cigarettes.... I work on a locked psych unit that has banned smoking. Now for anyone who has ever seen a movie about a psych unit, you're gun..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,377    Replies: 29
"So I finally found Him. I'd been looking for him for a while. I needed a man who was nutty and goofy and enjoyed some stuff I did. I needed him to be a hedonist like me, and yet func..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,935    Replies: 15
""Spirituality" is often misunderstood... I feel... "Love" means something else to every body... I learned...Here in Social Discussion we are in need of a little more..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,508    Replies: 57
"For quite some time I experience a strange physical feeling with people who are practising "Reiki"...It's not only internal, but also physical - meaning that I get goose bumps when havi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,844    Replies: 4
"Honduras military outsted their president and drove him into exile.The world responds upset (and right they are - on first sight)...But I had and still have the feeling that the world n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,444    Replies: 7
"Hi All,Just wanted to ask you guys a favour but first let me give you some background Aung San Suu Kyi (pronounced Ong San Soo Chee), Burma's pro-democracy leader and Nobel Peace laurea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,838    Replies: 6
"ye ye - the Chinese regime has never been my favorite... Ethnic riots spread in China's West - 140 killed Originally Posted By: APURUMQI, China – Riots and street battles killed at ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,899    Replies: 19
"A quick poll about why people watch videos... if you choose other, or if you want to state your answers, please post!"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,209    Replies: 7
"Errrrrr, more polls. I forgot to put other on the first one cos I fail at polls. But definately feel free to write it underneath here."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,326    Replies: 21
"So I've been out skating tonight, hitting some pretty big hills on my board and finding myself going more and more extreme every run I do and it's got me wondering, how many of us HoPpe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,800    Replies: 17
"Currently the Iranian people are struggling for their basic human rights (that of free speech and assembly) and basic rights of democracy (fair and open elections)...Violent riots erupt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,275    Replies: 34
"10th DimensionI just 'stumbled' upon this link- I'm not really that well read on these things, but it does appear to match up with other things I have read and studied. Interesting stu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 22,868    Replies: 135
"Unfortunately it turned out to be trueour sister Maddie fell victim in a car bombing in Yemen...Maddi, we will always remember you, your smile and the warmth of your heart. We all and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,605    Replies: 4
"As a response to Meg's question "why do you watch videos" I thought I'd pre-empt a "why do you make?" thread.Please post if you tick other, to tell us why you do.I s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,309    Replies: 5
"the plane went downOriginally Posted By: APA Yemeni jetliner with more than 150 people aboard has crashed in the Indian Ocean off the island nation of Comoros, aviation officials in Ye..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,918    Replies: 5
"Now this is absolutely freaky... This little toddler seems to be the answer to generations of prayers - with a downturn.Obviously a genetic disorder, Brooke Greenberg physically (and me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,083    Replies: 4
" The article Originally Posted By: APWASHINGTON – Brash Texas billionaire R. Allen Stanford was indicted and jailed Friday on charges his international banking empire was really j..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,929    Replies: 1
"Hello,My name is Kate and I'm from Poland. At this summer with my boyfirend I will be traveling around Spain. We are poor students so we will tray do it in cheap way. We look for somebo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,017    Replies: 20
""I want you to hold our government accountable. I want you to hold me accountable" Pres. ObamaHe's a major icon of hope for change in US politics... which is why he got electe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,472    Replies: 25
"Is it me or has the world seemed to have sped up?We just had a report about a rash of accidents because people were going entirely too fast for the road conditions.Stores are pushing Ch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,163    Replies: 17
"We've talked about performing and payment for performing a lot at HoP.I thought it intersting to read in a local paper today, that Google of all companies, are offering 'exposeure' as a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,742    Replies: 15
"Well, many might have heard of "2012 the end of the Mayan calendar" and that the world is coming to an end due to that...personally i cannot see any connection between the end..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,374    Replies: 14
"Just wondered if there were any other UFC fans on here? Or general MMA for that matter.I was introduced to it a while ago, and after getting over the *ahem* moderate violence (I was sta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,688    Replies: 23
"So I got my regular HIV test results back today. I started a topic like this a while back, but HOP seems to be having trouble finding it.Anyway, whenever I get HIV tested, I like to ta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,824    Replies: 54
"So with the Obama administration, one thing they are doing is releasing CIA memos that allowed certain interrogation methods including waterboarding, causing pain that left no physical ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter