Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,974    Replies: 5
"Seems as if the US is running out of supplies of "Sodium-Thiopental", used as a drug in lethal injections...Manufacturer "Hospira" ceased production in the US and wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,751    Replies: 6
"has anyone else thought of a poi learning game for the kinnect as there are no controllers you are the controller i wonder how hard that would be to make"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,241    Replies: 3
"From posting to the thread 2011 Poi Goals I'm inspired to make more videos. I've made a couple of videos a little over a year ago. The problem is that I don't usually spin with music ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,769    Replies: 29
"Okay. Just thought I'd start a thread on this, get peoples views on this subject. It's getting worse. It started with one incident, and now it comes up in the papers every month. It..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,958    Replies: 8
"Anybody know what the wait time is now that christmas is over?I just made an order thinking the rush must be over, but after I paid, I got a message saying it may be up to 3 weeks. I wo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 105,626    Replies: 156
"from: http://www.cannabisculture.ca/articles/4570.htmlWritten by: www.cannabisculture.caDENVER LEGALIZES MARIJUANA 53% - 46%!by CC Magazine update (01 Nov, 2005)Denver voters make adul..."
Views: 1,247    Replies: 0
"does any one have this?I was looking to get new cords for my fire poi and came across the pro series and for a few bucks extra an intermediate dvd. I don't consider myself an expert by ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,077    Replies: 9
"My buddy got a set of crystal poi for christmas. They came with some leashes I've never seen though. Single loop handles, but the cords were soft and stretchy. Does anyone know what the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,674    Replies: 4
"i am thinking about starting up a chat room on ares for poi what does everyone think?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,885    Replies: 2
"ANyone know where I can buy firewater, around the blue mountains (Australia, NSW) or sydney?Willing to buyalso have no ideas about cost etc"
Last Reply by
Views: 8,031    Replies: 15
"It is with terrible sadness that we learned of the passing of Burning Dan on Sunday night.There are no further details as yet.Many people on this forum had met Dan, or spun with him at ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,131    Replies: 5
"hey guys i don't know if you've heard of www.reddit.com but its a pretty huge social networking site. its almost the only site i look at as it has most everything i need.they are doing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 46,928    Replies: 64
"I saw this vid on MOM earlier today and was wondering what other contact jugglers think of it. I quite like what Ryan wrote on the blog post: Originally Posted By: Ryan from Ministry of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,732    Replies: 11
"According to a USA Today report about 65.000 flights in the US were airborne - even though they shouldn't due to maintenance problems related safety issues - over the past 6 years... t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,900    Replies: 7
"Just because it's been going around the net for some time.There currently is a directive being in the final stages of completion within the EU "government" regarding medicinal..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,379    Replies: 5
"This just blew me away... Who's the winner?"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,963    Replies: 24
"Share, if you're getting bullied at school. Talk to friends and family - or talk to us.I remember having been mass bullied at school for my clothing (we grew up poor in an extremely wea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,175    Replies: 3
""They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.At the going down of the sun and in the morningWe will remember them."To..."
Last Reply by
Views: 20,373    Replies: 82
"Females:Poi to gain strength in mind, body, and spirit. Poi for meditation in escaping dharmas or bringing them to light. Females have creative cycles, and dancing with poi allows us to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,748    Replies: 15
"So recently, I thought our federal govt was going to FINALLY do something about our largest river system, which is dying due to too much water being allocated to farmers along its lengt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,822    Replies: 1
"On Hulu they have an Internet series called the lxd, the league of extraordinary dancers, I love watching it. The way they use the dance to tell the story is amazing. Unfortunately I do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,434    Replies: 14
"Yet further proof that Marmite is the one true spread, it now not only smites those of a weird chocolatey spready cult, but also takes aim at the UK far right party, the BNP! All praise..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,237    Replies: 14
"Ok, I saw someone post this on Facebook. And I believe this needs some exposure, what do you all think of this? "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,872    Replies: 16
"Hey everyone,I have about six months of vacation coming up, and I can go pretty much anywhere in the world. About two months ago, poi came into my life and I love spinning alone, at clu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,410    Replies: 67
"A muslim community intends to build a mosque near "Ground Zero" in NYC, which draws a lot of attention (and tension) to the project.Recently demonstrations were held to block ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,884    Replies: 9
"This post is about religious freedom.I don't know if you've heard lately, but Druidry is now a recognised religion in the uk. Well, One Daily Mail Journalist Melanie Philips seems to ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,418    Replies: 9
"Everyone has had them. Comments from the Peanut Gallery and they can be astounding and brutal. Last night I received one of the most flattering compliment from a static trapeze artist...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,135    Replies: 16
"I know there's a few web-page writers out there, so thought I'd post this up as my skills are way to rusty.My bands Myspace seems to have a weird bit of coding in it.On Macs, all is fin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,139    Replies: 11
"just to continue on the thoughts of self discovery:Originally Posted By: SEYes, it is a semantic difference. As it happens, I tend to cast the problem merely in terms of skills learning..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,203    Replies: 97
"Newb attack. Weve all been there.When a newb comes up to you the instant youve lit up, gives you some explanation about he is better at "it" that you are, and demands a to pla..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,449    Replies: 26
"I thought it would be interesting to start a thread to discuss ideas and experiences for those of us that enjoy nature by foot or bike. If you're like me you are always looking for way..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,265    Replies: 2
"What happened to this site?:http://www.incendium.org/registryI searched traveler because I have sort of become one.http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/linkto/-the-firetwirlers-travelgui..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,415    Replies: 23
"(sparked by the 2010 debate in the US) Help me understand... the US consists of 90% (+) immigrants.The federal government seems to be suggesting a general amnesty for illegal immigrants..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,626    Replies: 6
"Just in case this website has slipped your attention, I would like to raise it to your awareness.Ingenious inspiration from the masterminds of our times...ideas worth spreading "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,773    Replies: 4
"Originally Posted By: Hillary ClintonThe pictures we see coming out of Pakistan are painful images of human suffering at its worst. In surveying the lives and landscape affected by thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,982    Replies: 17
"I've recently gotten into spinning and, having noticed how therapeutic it seemed, did a little research. turns out that doctors have given the thumbs-up to poi for several kinds of ther..."
Last Reply by
Views: 992    Replies: 3
"ok this is long reading material but wtf is up with this shiit?http://uweb.txstate.edu/~lf14/conspire/rex84.html"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,796    Replies: 1
"I've just been reading a quite interesting article about child labor (and how to fight it) by Matthias Doepke/ University of Illinois... article here excerpt:Originally Posted By: M...."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,187    Replies: 29
"Okay I thought this would be a fun thing to talk about that's easily accessible and helps everyone to get to know each other (and themselves) better. We're all different but I enjoy try..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,474    Replies: 41
"I'm not Muslim, I honestly do not agree with the religion so this may seem odd for a question such as this to come from me so I apologize for my forwardness and if I come across as rude..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,011    Replies: 18
"Yea that's where I'm from and there's a lot I do (dis/)like over this country...I start this thread here because it"s not about a special event or to meet others... it's basically ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,012    Replies: 2
"Spinoff are RECRUITING!!Check out our recruitment page at Spinoff Recruitment if you're interested in joining a highly skilled and dynamic team of performers with a variety of entertain..."
Last Reply by
Views: 27,797    Replies: 148
"Just in case it slipped your attention however: 10 things you need (but don't want) to know about the BP oil spill"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,040    Replies: 11
"Many of you might say "what?" This is about artificial impregnation.Yesterday the German high court ruled that it is legal for parents to have a fetus genetically scanned for ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,962    Replies: 34
"Keep it PG, please The more performers, the more shades of fire and context in which fire performances are on display. I tried to keep the poll itself unbiased - please excuse if you fe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 29,788    Replies: 88
"So today I went and got HIV testing and it made me think of how many young people who are at risk (even low risk) don't know their HIV status.I want to encourage everyone here to get te..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,013    Replies: 9
"More and more videos get banned, taken down or blocked in certain countries for "content owned by xy company" (mostly Sony entertainment and other companies owning the music)...."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,212    Replies: 88
"f it."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,705    Replies: 9
"Malcolm - why do the cookies of HoP only expire in 2 years and not at the end of the session.Personally I dislike the storage of long term cookies on my system."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,694    Replies: 3
"Hey guys! I am trying to create a class based on promoting the health benefits of movement arts. I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me any semi-personal stories if you, or ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter