Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 16,488    Replies: 136
"I know there's been a lot of talk about this on HoP, and a lot of people probably dont want to talk about it. Just wondering how many people want to stop the war? Alice "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,181    Replies: 6
"I haven't posted seriously in here for a very long time, and almost don't want to do so. I don't want this thread to become a debate.Instead I want to commemorate the loss of life of t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,514    Replies: 6
"hehehe... i thought this was hilarious... Ben"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,979    Replies: 20
"Here is something fun to try out. It's a test that mesures your economic right/left and Libertarian/Authoritarian. My results were:Economic Left/Right: -5.88Libertarian/Authoritarian: ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,702    Replies: 39
"1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S. have?A: 6%2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have?A: 50%3. Q: Which country has the largest oil rese..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,477    Replies: 2
"President George W. Bush has ordered U.S. troops to take up positions off Liberia as mortar bombs pound Monrovia in fighting between the government and rebels that has killed another 23..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,462    Replies: 13
"Surprised no one else has posted on this one yet...Last night the military confirmed killing High-Profile Targets #2 and 3, who some would recognize as Uday and Qusay Hussein.This broug..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,062    Replies: 13
"here's an article that was recently published by the economist.I personally feel the military courts have too great a potential for misuse ( another previous article ) and bypass what..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,738    Replies: 7
"so that news guy that was interviewing the troops in Iraq (the disgruntled ones) got the white house all pissed off so they respond with this headline: NEWS REPORTER IS BOTH GAY(HORROR)..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,392    Replies: 38
"This is something that my cousin wrote awhile back, and I think that it still applies to even now. What do you think?Jessica Lynch... America's Newest Hero Jessica Lynch. Hmm... where t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,058    Replies: 3
"Hello All!Next Tuesday night there's gonna be a chance for you to put your spinning to good cause and create peace in this world Or Someting like that!It's the launch of a Global ..."
Views: 1,471    Replies: 0
"This is just a reminder to everyone taking part in the discussions in the War Topics boards... please try to remember that the arguments that start in here should end in here. I'm noti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,961    Replies: 30
"Great Essay to read. It's not very long so if you have time please read it and let me know what you think."In the wake of the September 11 terrorist attack, U.S. President George W. Bu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,408    Replies: 12
"For your viewing pleasure: http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,282    Replies: 2
"I have been hearing reports that the US are planning on removing Iraq from OPEC. This according to leading energy experts will "be very bad for Iraq and the region. It will destabilize ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,980    Replies: 2
"It seems to be a matter of policy now for US troops to fire on demonstations against them in Iraq. The Bush regime seems to be trying to make sure that the only political voices heard a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,780    Replies: 5
"I was sitting and listining to a local political talk radio show at work the other day, and they were jabbering on and on about how America's "terror alert" has been raised from yellow..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,285    Replies: 6
"http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/06/03/offbeat.brothel.reut/index.htmlAwfully nice of them."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,811    Replies: 4
"So it's been about 2 months since the fall of Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq and have things gotten better? Was it worth it? Where are the WMD? Where we misled? US administrator Paul B..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,551    Replies: 5
"London TimesMay 29, 2003At Heathrow Airport today, an individual, later discovered to be a public school teacher, was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a compass,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,850    Replies: 52
"The British speech (Lt.Col Tim Collins)"If you are ferocious in battle, remember to be magnanimous in victory. We go to liberate, not to conquer. We are entering Iraq to free a people, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,915    Replies: 2
"Ok, the liberal web has been ablaze with stories about an execution camp planned at the US's camp delta in guatanamo bay. I spent awhile tracing sources, and they all seem to go back t..."
Views: 1,685    Replies: 9
"Y'know, I'm not sure if we ever thanked Malcolm for creating this special forum. I think it's great that we have a place to discuss this that is separate from the social section. It a..."
Views: 1,721    Replies: 0
"check this out for info, resources, news, action ideas on important political issues:www.moveon.org/moveonbulletin/ "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,566    Replies: 14
"So the US has been in the grip of a huge terrorism scare for sometime now, and we have the whole T.W.A.T. deal (The War Against Terrorism, for those who don't know). Isreal has been in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,688    Replies: 17
"Another thing that bugs me is that President Bush keeps wearing military clothing when he speaks to the Military. And he keeps saluting.Now, despot dictators (eg. Mr. Hussein) wear mil..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,177    Replies: 1
"a step forwards... had to happen sometime.What do people think about the current turn of events?Its not the way I would have had it, but it sounds hopeful to me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,419    Replies: 12
"anyone want an argument? promise to take the opposite view and make you think.-no you don't.-yes I do!-oh no you don't!-oh yes I do!-no you don't!-do.-don't.-this isn't an argument, i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,908    Replies: 27
"http://canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=78a2260b-4770-4682-be60-e6fe1d3b8144 quote: U.S. says Canada cares too much about libertiesTerrorism report also says too little spent on police ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,704    Replies: 34
"Please don't tell me that it's gone.Please don't tell me that all of my hard thought words have been deleted.Please don't tell me that other members won't be able to read my words and p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,725    Replies: 4
"The following story is taken from The Story Giant by Brian Patten.A soldier returning home alone from a great battle found a monster blocking his path. It wasn't much of a monster. In f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,539    Replies: 9
"His Holiness the Dalai Lama's views on war and Iraq conflict The following is the English translation of His Holiness the Dalai Lama's views on war and Iraq conflict shared with Buddhis..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,982    Replies: 10
"This Modern World - Priorities thought this was too good not to share. &lbr; 05. May 2003, 11:13: Message edited by: SickpuPpy &rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,644    Replies: 25
"In response to the death of 13 Iraqi protesters brandishing rocks killed by US troops quote: There were lots of people who were armed and who were throwing rocks. How is a US Soldier t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,035    Replies: 3
" What... the... hell? Norman Mailer's Opinion on Why We Went to War To be fair, he at least realizes that it is an "offensive suggestion that this may have been one of the cardinal r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,917    Replies: 15
"To everyone here, I just wanted to send out a shout-out to the debaters and discussers in this section of HoP.One thing to know about me - I love making friends in an argument. I don't..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,481    Replies: 4
"I have not posted here because of how heavy it typically gets with sarcasm and cynicism, but there is a thought I have not heard anyone talk about that is wandering through my head.To s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,271    Replies: 3
"Okay... it's been almost a year since I have had the time to write on the board so I will be making up for it here.I have had about four months of isolation for pondering this war. I k..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,778    Replies: 4
"I thought that this might be of interest for anyone who is opposed to the war and/or George Bush and his merry incompetants! Its about the US but im pretty sure its similar in the UKto..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,892    Replies: 31
"Follow the link and read the whole page, it isnt long, but please do that before continuing on, otherwise what I say will make no sence. Go here first Please show respect to your countr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,118    Replies: 1
"http://www.whitehouse.org/"
Last Reply by
Views: 10,619    Replies: 84
"Ok, as a Jew living in the U.S., I find this really frightening. It's not that there's a direct threat to me as a Jew, per se, but...OK, there are certain types of psychoses where a pa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,003    Replies: 13
"Now that the Alliance has brought democracy to Iraq, do you think they will actually allow 1 person 1 vote? What if they vote in a faith based government. What if that government is ant..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,827    Replies: 5
"This is truly disappointing.Check it out ... I don't know what to say about this. It may be easy to disregard this due to the name but check out what they are saying. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,426    Replies: 17
"Being that the US, UK, OZ and their "coalition" new motive for war is to liberate opressed people of their oppressors my question is who should we go after next.Though I think that ans..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,558    Replies: 3
"Having fought for a dozen years to maintain the punishing sanctions against Iraq, the US government is now demanding that they be scrapped.Under international law, however, no one can b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,363    Replies: 6
"ok if anyone is or has been watching the news in the last hour, it is scenes like this that make me sure that this war was the morally right thing to do, even if america has other inten..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,388    Replies: 19
"I really wish I would have written this as soon as I had seen the news story, so please bare with me when I am vauge about names and what not. Today on the news I saw a woman who was e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,351    Replies: 17
"There will be a students peace protest in bath this Saturday the 29th outside the abbey @ 2pm come and show your support and let be known that we will not take this lying down we may no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,869    Replies: 12
"We love the iraqi information ministerThis cracked me up, this GUY cracks me up! "
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter