Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,463    Replies: 13
"im sorry if this is in the wrong area but id love to take poi lessons i find it all so fascinating and interesting but round my area in south west england you dont really hear about it,..."
Views: 1,823    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,387    Replies: 5
"I'm guessing I'm not the only one around here with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It doesn't always bother me, it just acts up every once in awhile mainly in my right wrist. Which in turn make..."
Views: 900    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,641    Replies: 5
"Arghh! I have to rant now or I'm going to explode.My mother and sister are like this( cross your fingers). Which leaves me pretty much out. Even my sister has observed that my mother is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,438    Replies: 5
"Now I'm not suggesting I actually poi with them that would be cruel and they are beautiful and it's so nice to see them flying round. But when i go out to poi at night does it disturb t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,778    Replies: 7
"Bonjour, Hola...im going to co - teach a poi workshop, the beginners workshop was today(i wasent involved in this one) and they taught basics: at sides, forward, backwards, split spinni..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,462    Replies: 5
"My Great Aunt Evalynn passed away last night. She was very old & very sick. I got to see her one last time at the family reunion last month. She was in a wheelchair & had a b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,781    Replies: 19
"Last night was filled with lots of drama, go to this web site & check out my last journal entry, it'll explain all.www.livejournal.com/users/splitflame/But if you don't feel like do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,162    Replies: 5
"many of you in or around brisvegas may already know about this - and for the rest of you around the world...i'm sure you can sympathise!! but most importantly, everyone here can help! b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,867    Replies: 9
" News from the wonderful exporters of 'freedom' and 'democracy': Canadians have too many rights! The rights enshrined in the Canadian constitution, such as protection against unreas..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,191    Replies: 21
"ok, months and months ago, i split up from my boyf, i thought it was a good decision etc (o course), but ive been thinking a lot about him recently, but more recently i thought i'd got ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,642    Replies: 7
"So I saw this film, CORPORATION, the other night.It was interesting. Sure showed how corporations contribute to pollution, the stratification of society, oppression, etc.But it was bor..."
Views: 2,078    Replies: 13
"This painting is for salesize: A5painted by myself offers open.."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,654    Replies: 3
"anyone from around here??if you are come next thursday to yad-lebanim in raanana (I hope you're better than me)"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,724    Replies: 5
"KONSTI!! dude, where you at, havent seen or heard anything from you for ages..SAY SOMETHING!to anyone elso out there who may know the whereabouts of this hilarious russian plz inform me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,907    Replies: 23
"my ex girlfriend just left me a suicide note on her livejournal and tried to take a painkiller overdosethankfully she didn't have enough to make it effective, but she actually triedshe ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,805    Replies: 32
"Once? twice? more than 3000 times?It doesn't matter, because this moment is another chance for you!now get out there an fire up ps i like youse! "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,714    Replies: 15
"well sorry to have a winge but i feel that i need to vent......well here goes .......ive been feeling low for the last few weeks caused by a mixture of several factors..birthday bluesun..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,947    Replies: 7
"A few days ago I had the singular honor of seeing Albert Lucas perform live...For those who are unaware, Lucas is a legendary juggler with 24 world records to his credit....It was amazi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,919    Replies: 23
"I was writing in my Livejournal the other day, and it got me thinking about something that I think a lot of you guys share with me.I'm sure every one of us have taken hits from our inst..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,076    Replies: 25
"For me the most useful aspect of a recent vegetarianism thread was that I learnt something new about 'free-range' egg production which IMO makes the term pretty useless as an indicator ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,970    Replies: 98
"a dissapointing news item but hopefully it will be a wrong soon righted.As additional info I've been to this area of france and the people are terribly homophobic. The government even w..."
Views: 1,137    Replies: 0
"I attended an opening party for an annual leather event that goes on in Toronto. I was walking across the dance floor and saw a handsome young man spinning glow balls..so of course I wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,253    Replies: 7
"Thomas Jefferson, in an 1824 letter to Henry Lee, characterized people as generally divided into two contrasting types, not liberals and conservatives, but "liberals and serviles." The..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,466    Replies: 4
"Well my brother-in-law came home last thursday (8-5-04) for his leave from the US Navy. He was going to be here for 3 weeks, well last night (8-9-04) we got "the call"! He now has 48 ho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,523    Replies: 31
"Ok, warning: Big, long post ahead.So I have begun working on my personal statement for the residency application process. The personal statement is basically my chance to say why I wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,665    Replies: 12
"ello, this id just something that has been eating at me:If John Kerry is ellected president of the united states of america, and Bush goes back where he belongs(id say hell, but more re..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,818    Replies: 15
"despite vowing to myself that i wouldnt allow it to happen again.... it has.once again ive pushed myself too hard, and have crashed in a heap.i love keeping busy - with uni, work, circu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,213    Replies: 11
"http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=684&e=16&u=/ap/eugenics_candidateI wonder what the top Republicans think of this guy running on their ticket. It certainly wo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,514    Replies: 22
"*I was sent this in an email. I thought many of you would enjoy this. It is not to start a debate, or even political discussio. Just to have a chuckle. Enjoy! Pele*Dear Mr. and Mrs. G.H..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,407    Replies: 4
"Its just psycho iv been trying to watch every video ever made and everytime i get near seeing them all some b@stard brings out another one Its never ending and at 56k its a nightm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,945    Replies: 5
"Well, if anyone wants to go to Falmouth but can't get there easily or doesn't want to fork out for a train ticket - I have 1 (maybe 2, depends how much stuff we're all taking) spaces in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,526    Replies: 24
"Sock poi in the living room; broke the last lightbulb in the ceiling light. (there were 3 when i moved in, but they've been dying one by one). Luckily for me as they were so dim anyway,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,062    Replies: 41
"this is something that i've hit a few of my more 'deep' thinking mates with, and its gotten a few different answer- so its intruiged me enough to ask you all: what is the most evil phil..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,533    Replies: 12
"What is it about music that stirs the soul so much.Example. Chilling out at home at the moment. Am listening to a CD I've just Burnt. There are some tunes on there that make me feel so ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,983    Replies: 22
"Okay, so there are a series of physics/anatomy experiments that people can do...for example...four men sitting in chairs lying back on one another, lift their butts, pull out the chairs..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,484    Replies: 23
"I would like to know how you lose your concentration when doing the flamey thing and i'd like to learn about how you work around that.Personally, i find it most difficult when people ar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,472    Replies: 29
" At the risk of sounding like my gandma...*Ruddy hooligans* threw a chunk of cement through the back windscreen of my beautiful pixiemobile! What goes through someone's head when ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,311    Replies: 48
"So from the other thread...Why prejudice?I view prejudice as the junction of fear and arrogance. If someone is afraid of, say, gay people and is too arrogant to even consider that thei..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,979    Replies: 4
"hello spinners....i went to a fantastic traditional maori dance performance today. It was all very good and well performed but of course the only bits i was reallly into were the poi bi..."
Views: 1,860    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,223    Replies: 11
"Anyone seen this yet? Really good example of using story telling along with performance art, kind of the direction I like to go with fire performances. There were a couple of things tha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,101    Replies: 14
"Ever wondered where those brilliant Chinese acrobats come from? Well, I saw a story on Chinese acrobats last nigh on Foreign Correspondent, an Australian ABC show. There is not a lot ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,923    Replies: 14
"Something I've always been aware of, but have to confess I've never really acted on...We use a couple of tunes for our performances and I'm sure technically we're meant to pay PRS (Perf..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,643    Replies: 22
"how do others handle sleep deprivation? i handed in my final thesis plus other side projects yesterday morning, and have been able to reflect on my extensive sleep deprivation over the ..."
Views: 1,898    Replies: 19
"A the moment there seems to be no meeting place for poisters in wiltshire and i was wondering if there was enough people to start one or has someone started a weekly or monthly gatherin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,603    Replies: 28
"From CNN.com:Same-sex marriage Senate battle over, war is notGOP leaders fail to get enough votes to advance measureWASHINGTON (CNN) -- Efforts to pass a constitutional amendment that w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,571    Replies: 41
"ha ha ha i laugh at my own Q.No doubt in my mind's eye's mind.But I'd like to hear your take on it.why? cus i like yooooo! :edited to further reduc mass confusion and spread teh word ab..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,189    Replies: 32
"I cant stand it.People who lie &lbr;censored&rbr; me to tears...I have had experiences lately of people who say one thing to your face and then say things behind your back...what is tha..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter