Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 7,209    Replies: 39
"I am an absolute rank beginner. I have two hacky sacks on the ends of strings with knots and hairties. After much study of the video clips available here and bits from books elsewhere, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,574    Replies: 6
"You know I have always liked Halle Berry, pretty, funny, and now you can see that she is a good sport too... if only I could meet her and find we had more than our good looks and witty ..."
Views: 954    Replies: 0
"-post removed after further research proved I had come to the wrong conclusion-"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,465    Replies: 3
"Opinions?Written by:MEADVILLE, Pa., Feb. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- A groundbreaking study due to be published in the February 2005 issue of the international research journal Medical Science Mo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,770    Replies: 4
"So at times I use HoP as a place to dispose of some emotional/intellectual vomit. Stand back, everyone because I'm feeling some emotional/intellectual nausea. I just finished my firs..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,485    Replies: 31
"My poi addiction has always intrigued me and over the years I have thought about it a lot.I've always come to the conclusion that it is founded on my extremely 'scientific' mind.Has any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,733    Replies: 41
"I'm not an outwardly aggressive person, yet I do have quite a bad temper at times. I often feel angry or annoyed by very small, very insignificant things which seem like a big deal at t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,902    Replies: 82
"Well after being used, betrayed, and thrown into the gutter for the billionth time, i figured i'd see what you all think and if you can prove me wrong.Your homework: Love. Is it the ult..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,355    Replies: 31
"Okay, I love you people and that's why I'm asking you first. Normally I'm a glowsticker, that is and always will be my first obsession. However, I'm trying to learn more and more poi si..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,768    Replies: 11
"Ok so I was reading the news today I came across the story of Teri Schiavo. Now Teri has been in a vegatative state for over 15 years now, caused by a car accident I believe, any way....."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,734    Replies: 22
"Some of you will remember on COL2, Wildfire Entertainment, the stunning fellow with the braids. I had the pleasure to meet him and become friends while he taught us the ways of the poi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,268    Replies: 40
"I love kids.I'm not a paedophile/murderer.But because these people exist I can't play with or teach kids (ie classroom assistant) if I touch them in any way (ie pick them up if they fal..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,825    Replies: 9
"The death of Gonzo journalism? ABC News article This is important to me as the ethos rings true. The idea that a journalist cannot be a dispassionate onlooker but must step in and imme..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,177    Replies: 21
"Just walked out of a 1 hour meeting with three bank manager types for the funding to start my new business.Thankfuly, everything went just as well as it could have and I really feel I d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,017    Replies: 4
"Hey All, Never know where to post these things, but it's quite general, and for anyone to answer so... I have recently started a poi society at my university. It was very popular in the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,034    Replies: 17
"What makes a person genuine, or how do you know they are being so?There's a person in my close group of friends that has been rather annoying to me lately. So, I've decided to look at ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,872    Replies: 34
"I found out last night that a good friend of mine is suffering from depression. Her husband won't let her see a counsellor or get help of other kinds.So last night she approached me an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,315    Replies: 32
"So I'm sure all of you at some point in your life have woken up and felt like you are still dreaming. Or perhapse you just had a feeling like nothing is real, everything looked fake, a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,397    Replies: 23
"Okay...this has always burned my tail feathers, when people watch a video, read a book, think they are an expert and then teach as if they are.I don't mind when someone admits that they..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,637    Replies: 7
"I really can not decide between the tubular glow poi or electroglo poi on the site of Firetoys.what is the difference between the two kinds?I sure want to have a very bright and beautif..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,698    Replies: 20
"I understand they are not sharpened, but they still have a false edge don't they? I reckon while spinning really fast and falling from a few feet in the air, that false edge is perfectl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,800    Replies: 10
"Ok, so I've always assumed that people see colours differently. Some like red, some like blue etc. I guess the brain interprets eye signals differently in each of us. Also I was wonde..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,820    Replies: 18
"Bad news... i just received a call from DB (he's living in sydney at the moment) and he's been admitted to hospital with pneumonia.A few weeks ago we were busking and he did some firebr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,236    Replies: 12
"Hi,I visited Liam on tuesday. He is now able to leave the ward in a wheelchair and his arms are getting much more mobile. He'll still be in hospital for quite a while but he's in high..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,449    Replies: 17
"I just read the below link on the BBC site about how companies are increasingly using peoples handwriting for selection to employment.What are peoples thoughts?bbc I found the bill gate..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,940    Replies: 11
"Okay I've been thinking for weeks about this, and finally built up the courage to post it. I'm sorry if this is stupid.Do you think we wouldn't feel/react in certain ways television was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,648    Replies: 13
"An opportunity for me to have a past life regression session is currently appearing from the ether. I've been thinking about it for a couple of months, and was delighted to find a mini..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,696    Replies: 12
"One of my good friends, I will call him David, does not share my particular views of faith and we are constantly debating the Bible and like topics. He brought up, multiple times, that..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,294    Replies: 10
" The Raelian Message From memory, I could be wrong so check it up yourself.....These aliens contacted this guy and took him away to another planet where he met people like Jesus, Mohamm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,268    Replies: 7
"ever hear of the "great flood?"http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1768109.stmhttp://www.nmia.com/~sphinx/egyptian_sphinx.htmlour icecaps are melting again. some believe that when air..."
Views: 699    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,082    Replies: 27
"During the past few weeks i have been fully customizing my OS, some times it just looks and feels boring, if like me and you are always at your PC then it can be tedious and frustrating..."
Last Reply by
Views: 943    Replies: 4
"I found this quite by accident. It's verbose, but uncannily accurate. Thought I'd share... http://www.angelfire.com/mo/potatofarm/smurf.html"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,928    Replies: 24
"There's been many, many threads on HOP concerning religious issues; many of them have become heated, some so much so that mods have had to *delete* them.Obviously the issues are highly ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,726    Replies: 10
"Sarcasm…So I’ve been wondering lately about the use of sarcasm in our daily interactions with people. Is this something that should be used between good friends? When is the appro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,610    Replies: 23
"Firstly I'll start by tell you I have a reason for discussing this topic which I will explain after I have set out what it is I want to get peoples view points on.This is primarily abou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,675    Replies: 23
"Having written poetry since I was a conscious human-being, I am somewhat prone to philosophical musings. The energy that I once devoted to poetry I am now channeling into poi; the natu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,532    Replies: 54
"So i just read an aticial on msnbc.msn.com that said some of the Christian fundamentalists her in the "land of tolerance" (yea right) are attacking Spounge Bob, Barney and other cartoon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 946    Replies: 1
"Hey all, I am collecting stories for a show I am writing.Here is what I am looking for, and please feel free to IM them or to email them to DivineWomenGroup@yahoo.comThey can be of any ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,091    Replies: 1
"Having just come back from Clifton, last night i was amazed as to how many spinners there were dancing about Clifton 1st - at one time 12 fire circles graced the sandy beach, after the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,778    Replies: 16
"I grew up with migraines, every week or so. But I had a migraine tonight that was extreamly &lbr;censored&rbr; up. I could barely walk, kept pukeing (which made it hurt 2x as bad) and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,153    Replies: 29
"as a parent i felt i should post this that came via peeps in LJ. i just think it should be read by lots of people http://www.livejournal.com/users/catelin/179683.html"
Views: 1,290    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,947    Replies: 29
"Whilst doing a homework for my social psychology class about Effects of social categorisation (e.g. how group memberships can raise or lower your self-esteem), I found this:Questions Im..."
Views: 1,005    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,125    Replies: 43
"who thinks the HOP should bring out some more clothing such as long sleeved shirts and pants"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,282    Replies: 9
"Board 'quote' function faulty?I've noticed for some time that the 'quote' reply function works fine generally, but can't handle embedded quotes in a sensible way.So, for example, if som..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,738    Replies: 62
"Ok so I just read an artical on mnsbc that stated some scientists think that we can "remake" Mars. Now they ae saying we can use the green house affect that is killing our planet to re..."
Views: 1,306    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Views: 3,385    Replies: 33
"In my earlier days of spinning I always wondered what other kind of people did it, where they were from, what they were like, etc...I was looking at the articles and I noticed the poll ..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter