Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Views: 3,580    Replies: 0
"I wanted to know how much Kevlar cost at each site, but hated looking them up again and again.I know that placing other stores info is against the rules, but I think HOP will like this ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 27,297    Replies: 35
"Preface:Ok, so I did a Durbs, and have found nothing satisfactory.I know there are tid-bits out there, but I am seeking to make a thread for easy searching/ reference on Wire Wool(inspi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,286    Replies: 14
"Anyone else seen the "action pants" over at Flowtoys? Personally, I like them. What are your opinions about them?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,255    Replies: 17
"Well, &lbr;begin&rbr;- I'd like to here metion things that I'm dissapointed right now(16.8. 2011) when talking about the state of spinning art today. The lack of discussion here, lac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,246    Replies: 37
"This is not normally like me... I am really protective of arsn and I was soooo pissed off last night as I watched a young twirler who is admitttedly quite good twirl in front of a crowd..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,288    Replies: 5
"We are proud to annunce... soon will be a new Internation Social Network... about Juggling, for Jugglers... similar at Facebook, but with a lot more!Have patience, the url will be: Gio..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,047    Replies: 18
"So I was spinning with fire last night for the first time in awhile (as the warm season is slowly approaching over here in the Northern Hemisphere.) and I found it very funny how my pe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,980    Replies: 2
"Ok so heres the deal im going to be teaching a poi class at an elementary school. im going to be doing a demo during lunch in front of everyone. and depending on whos interested a small..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,545    Replies: 6
"Hey guys, Im currently doing a 5000+ word report on the benefits of circus skills and circus training. As part of this I have put together a quick survey (less than 10 questions) If you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,903    Replies: 62
"This is not a place to bitch about or praise the current moderators! What we would like to know is your thoughts on the amount of moderation and how visible you prefer your mods to be.C..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,532    Replies: 7
"I need a little help. I am debating on whether to start my own business here in Florida. I was wondering if anyone in the USA could help me with the laws and whatnot with fire perform..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,981    Replies: 6
"Hey, It's been a while but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some advice. I know there are a lot of people on here who organise assorted festivals/camping weekends etc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,562    Replies: 8
"I just wanted to say that I hope everyone in London is ok.It seems like Liverpool was fairly minor and I haven't seen that much about Birmingham or Bristol except that I don't think any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,464    Replies: 2
"Hi everyone I am interested in starting an object manipulation non profit. The idea is to teach skills to disadvantaged and at risk youth. It would be in the vain of streetyoga.org but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,631    Replies: 9
"Very sad and disturbing events in Norway reported yesterday... For me it's so mind-boggling how some think that killing innocent people would serve their ideals... no matter whether rig..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,773    Replies: 22
" http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/01/air.france.brazil/index.html An Air France A330-200 with 228 people aboard has disappeared en-route from GRU (Rio de Janiero) to CDG (Paris..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,049    Replies: 4
"Hi all, I was just reading a thread on cj.org about the different directions people were taking their styles in e.g extending body rolls or incorporating dance with isolations, and I wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,702    Replies: 6
"Hi there,I've recently started mucking about with some poi and noticed that Kerosene is pretty scarce now, and bloody expensive from Bunnings.I've found one place at Brendale that pumps..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,267    Replies: 5
"What setting or how do you get a camera to get that prolong effect? Like this: photo"
Last Reply by
Views: 14,985    Replies: 33
"The news has now been officially communicated, our local Fire and Drum Jam has been officially closed. The Portland Parks and Recreation and Portland Fire Department will be enforcing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,438    Replies: 6
"http://edition.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/25/new.york.gay.marriage/index.html?hpt=hp_t2Quote:Albany, New York (CNN) -- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed the state's marriage equality bill..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,909    Replies: 3
"Hello,I live and work in England but I have a fire performance coming up in Germany at the end of July. Can anyone please tell me if you can what the rules are for transporting fire kit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,675    Replies: 4
"Hi,I'm having alot of trouble trying to write a risk assessment for a primarily busking fire show. I have copies of the European and British Juggling conventions risk assessments but th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,436    Replies: 7
"What do you do to practice when you're somewhere you can't practice? Like at work, or on a bus, or somewhere like that?Me: Practice finger rolls with a pen at my desk at work.Practice ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,524    Replies: 15
"Google scraper is a search engine that 'scrapes' google. Essentially anything you search for in google scraper will be searched for in google, but google scraper does not display all t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,556    Replies: 11
"Hello Poi world! My name is Dustin "aka Didgeridude" and I run Kemper's Chain and Maille (find me on facebook) Ive been making chain maille a long time, and after years of re..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,767    Replies: 3
"not sure how many hoppers we have in missouri...but if there are any living there, or any hoppers are passing through or have family there - i hope you're all safe & sound after the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,566    Replies: 1
"sorry not sure how to embed this (very interesting) vid..may have to follow the link:http://www.ted.com/talks/view/lang/eng//id/1091.... It's 9minutes long, but worth watching (imho)"
Last Reply by
Views: 9,753    Replies: 38
"Bin Laden is DEAD! He had it coming! Now if only NATO would leave Afghanistan!"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,233    Replies: 3
"Hey there ! First post I'm a UK fire poi-er, but have yet to spin fire in the UK (I've always been travelling when I've played with fire and used other's fuel)..I'm looking to get some ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,272    Replies: 1
"Hey all!I am going to New Mexico soon and was wondering if anyone has experience taking a non-collapsible staff on the bus and across the US/Canada border. Will they bust my balls?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,279    Replies: 3
"I'm planning on buying an LED poi and I can't decide whether I want a chain leash or not. What type of leash do you guys suggest?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,280    Replies: 4
"Hello,I am going to be ordering an all cotton hoodie for spinning (jeans leather shoes are working fine for the bottom) but I have two fire opportunites coming up this weekend.I'm getti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,188    Replies: 4
"Im surpised this wasnt posted already..Pietro Ferrero, Heir to Nutella Fortune, Dies http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-18...a-accident.html"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,888    Replies: 10
"French jets started targeting libyan ground forces, american warships fired Tomahawk-missiles on arms depots yesterday night after a UN resolution to ensure civilian lives and health &q..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,139    Replies: 23
" New Website of WikiLeaks - exiled to Switzerland and to Austria...Post your opinion about WikiLeaks, Assange and the recent stir... here?"
Last Reply by
Views: 162,468    Replies: 192
"Gooooooood morning HOP Am back in the USA until the end of the month and therefore back online as well ... Missed you As i travel I have a book in which the people I meet can writ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,867    Replies: 9
"Sorry if this is in the wrong section...I think its a more serious topic.Apart from being an avid fire learner, I'm learning photography. Shooting fire is becoming difficult because I d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,767    Replies: 1
" Recently I have been doing a bit of thinking about my career and where exactly I want to go with it, and how to get to where it is I want to be. This has led me on to think about some ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,682    Replies: 32
"HoP,Hope all the staff here, friends and loved ones, are ok. Please let us know how you are.Regards,Brendan."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,428    Replies: 7
"All over Facebook! This Protest was supported by the Tea Party.I can't believe people in public office were at this protest. I am also amazed that the Orange County CA. has come to th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,191    Replies: 2
"http://flowpulse.ning.com/forum/topics/the-progressive-flow-videoThis is our community site for all spinners in the Midwest. It's a video contest where you simply post up a "before..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,126    Replies: 2
"hi, i'm looking for instructors for poi in the greater sacramento area (i live in folsom). if you or anyone you know are interested please email me at the7thfollower@yahoo.com"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,673    Replies: 10
"I'm sure you've all heard by now that the current government (under the direction of David Cameron's Conservatives and supported by the Lib Dems) want to sell the majority of the UK's p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 47,744    Replies: 86
"Continued from the US Education thread... How do we decide what words to use anymore in the PC world? I'm talking about black, coloured, retard etc etc.In Medicine, I was learning abou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,960    Replies: 5
"Hey, so I'm looking to buy kevlar rope at a good price in joburg, SA.finances eeez tite, but i need mofire!missk "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,997    Replies: 19
"Ok, so you supposedly get good karma by doing good deeds/being a good person. But do you think if you do a good deed, but you are only doing that deed to get good karma, would the selfi..."
Views: 1,441    Replies: 0
"When I was in 7th grade my mom was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). For those who don't know what that is, your body develops antibodies to its own nerve cells and at times attac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,141    Replies: 15
"Hey Hopers, I just wanted your suggestions. I have around 75$ to spend on something fun , and I just wanted any suggestions on what to buy. i spin poi and dart. i already have poi l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,530    Replies: 21
"Gabrielle Giffords (D) got shot, but seems to be in stable condition... 6 others supposedly died in the attempt to kill her.G.G. has been on Sarah Palin's "hitlist" ( linky l..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter