Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 10,296    Replies: 92
"Just went to see "White Noise"Most of it creeped me out, but the rest of it got me thinking about EVP.EVP is the recording of the sounds and images of people who have died and are still..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,220    Replies: 21
"Hi all,I am currently researching the role of Environmental Education within schools and could do with your help. Therefore, if you could take the time to answer these questions for me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,461    Replies: 34
"I mean Just look what can hapen to you whenm youre playingnot just children and not just with firebut playing in generallook its dangerous see?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,196    Replies: 14
"Have you ever wanted something so badly that it really works you over? Not that you live and breathe it but that you literally ache for it? Something you didn't know exsisted, somethi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,276    Replies: 5
"quoted with permission from author (me) from soton fire spinningoriginal date 10 mayWell for those of you I didn't get around to telling, i'm here, made it, at last, it was an interesti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,857    Replies: 39
"Someone told me i dressed like a Harakuju kid.I looked it up on the net and found a whole lot of pictures, then yes i do dress like that a bit. But i cant find much on the culture.Anyon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,821    Replies: 128
"This is a topic i regularly get to debate about with fellow students. Why do Science rarely make any mention of a higher power ie. God, Allah, or any deity for that matter when looking..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,381    Replies: 6
"Poi portrayal in the media Hi everyone I've been busy but just had to pop in here and ask you for a tidbit of help maybe They invited me to do a segment for the local morning show here..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,436    Replies: 20
"I think that there should be a subject forum section, for all the items HOP sells, so that people can write and read personal reviews with possibly their own pictures of that product in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,561    Replies: 17
"So, I've been told I'm going to Falmouth, and had uber-poi pointed out as an idea, particuarly as I'd like to swing by edinburgh. Otherwise, besides trying to get ahold of a miss lolli..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,875    Replies: 2
"I asked the local fire prevention unit what the laws were for fire stuff outdoors, and they didn't really know what I was talking about. They said I had to have a fire fighter on duty ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,125    Replies: 24
"Today has been an awful Friday the 13th. Two weeks ago my friend went missing during a concert. I looked for him for over two hours that night instead of watching the show. He was reall..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,401    Replies: 11
"So I took a little trip through new brunswick to busk, when I was in st john some drunken &lbr;censored&rbr; kicked my kero bucket at me, if it were closer it probably would have caught..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,146    Replies: 15
"It is clear that through clever editing, any desired effect can be created for a video. This means imo that care should be taken to involve all people on the video to choose the final ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,439    Replies: 12
"I dont know if anyone else thinks this way ...but there are alot of videos that i would really enjoy owning... from a variety of different skills (juggling, poi and various performances..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,265    Replies: 34
"This was originally a reply to this post from a different thread but I realised that it would take it off topic to post it on that thread (which is about mobile phones); and, that the '..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,935    Replies: 28
"I wish the rest of the world could see parenting through the eyes of a teacher.I really think teachers are the only people in the planet who get ANY real sense of what's going on in peo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,529    Replies: 79
"It seems to me that all internet discussions seem to have a similar flaw. Since there are only a finite number of words within a post, people will tend to put words in them that are no..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,902    Replies: 12
"have you ever wondered why some people seem to react without really seeming to have processed the information they have been presented with? well im currently writing a paper on the hum..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,101    Replies: 6
"i beleive every little helps, so please follow the links and see what you can do to help the world get a little better : did you know that a quarter of all UK emissions of carbon dioxid..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,507    Replies: 13
"http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/fun_stuff/lifestyle/fire_eating.shtmlJust a few points:What the point of the trust exercises when it comes to fire eating?I like how they say not to do it whil..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,098    Replies: 33
"So, it has recently been brought to my attention by a couple people on seperate parts of the globe that each has run into people, most notably HoP members, who have called me a liar.It ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,157    Replies: 41
"Just a warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a member of our number had her drink spiked at a club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So everyone male and female stay aware of your drinks never leave them un oc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,103    Replies: 14
"In the past couple of years I've ordered plenty of times from the HoP shop with no problems. A couple of weeks back, I put in a small order. It seemed to be taking a long time; usually ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,307    Replies: 4
"Found this link on Spherculism posted by Achluophobia and imo is quite interesting when dealing with "safety" and responsibility for ones own actions. Closely related to the Should Chil..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,761    Replies: 60
"Really bad timing - just as falmouth is coming up, but I seem to have lost all interest in poi Contact Juggling - I can pick up and play with any time. Finding it very slow progress at ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,527    Replies: 40
"I just went for a ride on my uni around my village. It's mid morning, so not many people were walking around, and most of those were pleasant enough; said hello and gave me a little roo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,537    Replies: 81
"Hello there fellow UK and Northern Irish Hoppers,Today's the day (Thursday 5 May 2005) when you get the opportunity to express your views, opinions, irritations or support for governmen..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,640    Replies: 6
"just thought id let you know im getting somewhere in my learning!!lol,i was lookin on the web today and rung this guy up who can teach fire eating.breathing,he usually does workshops bu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 32,031    Replies: 55
"Well. After being assigned a Biology Coursework on the above title, the trawling for research raised a lot of questions and thoughts. A specific subject struck me. The addition of human..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,733    Replies: 27
"Over last few days i have become noticing the pure arragance of road users towards others. K I'm not the politist person but make sure that i say thankyou to anyone who waits or gives w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,049    Replies: 7
"Hey i just watched meet the fockers and I had no idea that babys had a whole sign language that you can teach them so they can communicate before they can verbalise!!like wow.Its blowin..."
Views: 973    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 13,903    Replies: 29
" We need a drinks thread! I was just looking at all my spirit bottles wondering what else I can make. I've been through all the clasic drinks. What do you suggest? Cheers!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,750    Replies: 18
"Don't worry, it was all the way in New York City. Written by: 2 Grenades Explode at UK Consulate in NYC By BETH GARDINERAssociated Press WriterLONDON (AP) -- Two small makeshift grenade..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,862    Replies: 15
"Hey poiple,I'm doing a photography at uni at the moment, and part of what I have to do is photo manipulation. Can you take a look at the maipulated version, and tell me what looks real/..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,333    Replies: 30
"Fire Taiger, Spyro (Riley) and I were on our way through the park in town yesterday and a man came up to us, with a few friends, asking about what we were doing (spinning at the time) a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,174    Replies: 17
"Just curious if anyone knows an answer to my question.A while ago I burnt my arm pretty severely and now that it is healing I am having problems with it.So what I was wondering is if it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 16,024    Replies: 115
"This post is in connection with the often quoted view that legal drugs (alcohol/tobacco) cause more problems than many illegal ones (marijuana, 'e', mushrooms).It is true that the legal..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,174    Replies: 12
"Imagine a model situation... You have a performance. You dance/spin/juggle/anything and after finishing your show you get a big applause. Then some people come to you, say "Hey, that wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,857    Replies: 21
" There must be mirracle, when you belive love and light :R"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,997    Replies: 3
"Hi all !Just finished the 3rd Annual World Fireknife Competition here in American Samoa.My sons competed against the Polynesian Cultural Center Junior Champion - what a contest !My olde..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,523    Replies: 29
"I don't know about you guys overseas but here in Australia we're getting an overload of TV advertisments about ringtones. Apologies to those overseas who have no idea what I'm talking a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,997    Replies: 8
"hello eveyone,wondering if you can share you experiences and knowledge about camping cheap or even better free in the UKi shall be riding accross the uk in july / august with my lovel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,325    Replies: 23
"Good morningi have just bought a compressor, and a fine art work airbrush gun to do some body work for myslef and others, and to be able to make costumes etc...does anyone on hop have a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,735    Replies: 14
"good eveningi am trying to get an iframe tag to work this is the source page what i would like is for the three graphics to match up, making a c shape, with an iframe (scrollable on aut..."
Views: 800    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,431    Replies: 37
"I do a fire/stunt show. My assistant up to now has been my girlfriend but she's a photographer, rather than a performer and dosn't want to keep doing the show with me.Ideally I'm looki..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,499    Replies: 12
"Short notice I know, but apparently on the 'Paul O'Grady Show' today (thurs 28 April), ITV (that's UK yorkshire TV) at 5.00 pm, there's going to be some 'fire eating'.Unlikely to be par..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,617    Replies: 5
"Hi poiplesI got a question. My sister studies interior decoration and for her diploma thesis she decided to design a building for people spinning poi. It's just like a gymnasium but for..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter