Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,274    Replies: 25
"yes i've seen the crappy email that says "if you don't send this email on to all the people you know with an emil address then the last tree in brazil will be cut down tomorrow and it'l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,329    Replies: 8
"recently my troupe and i did a show at an SCA event... there was a guest troupe from southern oregon there, and they asked if they could share our stage. we said yes, mainly because we ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,647    Replies: 16
"this is an argument which we have on our way to the juggling club:if i was to throw a juggling ball up in the air while i was in the car and i was throwing the ball with my arm out of t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,787    Replies: 11
"Some thoughts on, just had to pull out of a show at the last minute due to being informed that the level of cover my group has is not suffucient, been asked for 10 million cover per per..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,702    Replies: 43
"So he has been cleared of all charges and offences.Im very happy for him as he is such an incredible musician and sucxh an awesome dancer, I believe it to be a shame if he was locked u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,533    Replies: 5
"Tommorrow I'll be attempting to teach some primary school kids some poi. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience teaching this age bracket and if there's any helpful advice you can g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,177    Replies: 20
"About 5 weeks ago i went for a night out in a seaside town called sidmouth. for those of you that live in devon you may of heard of this. I stayed down there for the night at at friends..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,594    Replies: 9
"i have just bought some poi, anyone willing to give me any tips or tricks would be helpful. so far i can fowards and backwards(keeps going inwards thou ) turns, they are bean bag poi co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,850    Replies: 25
"In another Thread, Sorcha the Flaming wrote:“â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€â€Ive done some freebie shows in the past and im so sad to say i wont do them again (unless special circumstan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,387    Replies: 36
"This morning I put my teenage daughter on a plane to London, where she was born, and where I lived for 10 years till the early 90's. She is staying with friends and relatives for a wee ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,279    Replies: 10
"Ok, I've been invited to take part in a medical trial,and lets face it, I could use the money, but I feel a little yicky about it. I've done some reading up on it and I understand the b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,197    Replies: 25
"Whay back in medevil times as a growing lad, there used to be loads of youth movementsThe world was roughly divided into:Punks.Mods.Skinheads.Casuals.Hippies.Goths.They all had their di..."
Views: 1,421    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,903    Replies: 49
"this disgusts me i have been doing fire performances for 8 years and and now all thes ppl who have been doing poi when there bored a few times a mnth are lighting up and thinking they c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,280    Replies: 17
"Hello Everyone I've recently started to reaslise how bi-polar i am in terms of enjoying myself. i get periods of great happiness and joy joy and then suddenly i run out of steam and its..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,585    Replies: 42
"A friend and I were considering coreographing a fight scene, and I thought it might be kinda cool to use poi (since I can already do a bunch of stuff with it, and it just looks cool). ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,885    Replies: 24
"So the New York Times ran an editorial a few days ago by an author about how audiobooks rob books of their true meaning and value. He argued that books are meant to be read, not heard...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,080    Replies: 13
"I'm taking a class on "Stress Management" and I'm finding it quite interesting to assess my stressors (things that cause stress.)All too often we ALLOW things which cause us stress in o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,556    Replies: 35
"I have no children yet, but I swear to them by everything I hold holy:1) I will never expect you to behave older than your age.2) No matter how proud I am of you, I will never parade yo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,510    Replies: 24
"I’ve just had to call the ambulance and police to stop a woman jumping from her 2nd floor window. It’s the second time she’s tried to do it today.. She’s been taken to the hosp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,637    Replies: 27
"I've been doing staff and playing for a good few years now and for the last while my staff which used to be my favourtie toy in the whole universe has totally lost interest to me, I've ..."
Views: 753    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 19,706    Replies: 108
"Deleted due to legal issues."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,264    Replies: 32
"Shapelle Corby has just been sentenced to 20 years in prison cause she was found guilty of traffic marijuana into Bali.Any comments?Would love to know what people think."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,398    Replies: 8
"(sorry for the length of this post/rant) ok, sometimes I can be a bit grumpy and certainly sarcastic but I've just been through the most boring techinical question threads in history. I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,924    Replies: 55
"Ok, if you have seen the movie 'what the bleep do we know' then you will know where I got this from. By the way, it's a really thought provoking movie. I think everyone should see it. Y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,521    Replies: 8
"So graduation is today. Today, when I'm done sitting through silly speeches and wearing this absurd costume they're giving me, I will be truly a physician in all eyes.Before you all ru..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,748    Replies: 17
"Written by: SIAD is a global awareness day, and yet it is not supported by any nations' governments, because it is a grass-roots idea.Somehow, in the mists of time, the date was set as ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,530    Replies: 8
"I know most of you live outside the US, but for the ones who live in the US: Please, please do this! Most of you hate Bush. Wanna do something about it? Something that's easy, fast, and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,057    Replies: 12
"Since I can't imagine how this could be solved by posting here, I guess this is technically a rant.Something has been bothering me recently. All my life, I've had these little obsessio..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,189    Replies: 2
"Ok, apologies for those outside UK (although I'm sure you'll have something to say about this too) but tonight there is a BBC documentary about traffic wardens which should be quite int..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,388    Replies: 16
"Social skills seem to be natural in most people, but for many I think they are 'forced' to some extent (including me). I'm interested in others' views on this - how it is done, and any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,676    Replies: 12
"Hello beautiful peopleAs I am personnaly embarking a new chapter of my life (leaving OZ goign back to France) I contemplate a poem i received not so long ago...I feel so thankful for al..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,979    Replies: 23
"ok, random rant time. I'm posting this because I'm goign through a debilitating insecure phase, that I just can't seem to dig myself out of and is in danger of making me become depresse..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,438    Replies: 15
"http://www.worldometers.info/"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,506    Replies: 38
"http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4554035.stmi'm not exactly a fan of Kylie but its still sad to hear. I was thinking, is this going to be a good thing for the cancer chari..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,349    Replies: 35
"This is kind of hard for me to say but here goes...All my life I've never fitted in, never really been a part of a 'group'. Never had friends who appreciated what I do, what my interest..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,979    Replies: 30
"For nearly two years i have been hinting to my beloved that I wanted a set of HOP flags and today we get a call that a package has been stolen from our doorstep and destroyed by the lit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,472    Replies: 8
"I miss you all :Richard"
Views: 15,969    Replies: 73
"I have noticed that lately there seems to be an abundance of duplicate threads popping up, due to the fact that people dont bother to do a search or dont refine the search enough to fin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,033    Replies: 2
"Hi all. I don't think I've posted on here in at least a year, maybe more.I was curious though, the castle pic on the main page looks really familiar. Was that taken in Dingle, Ireland?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,080    Replies: 30
"i really should not be doing ths, i am reall yopening myslef up to a lot of abuse anyways www.laterdays.co.uk has had a huge re-vamp, and i was wondering what you think?critism welcome ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,299    Replies: 40
"http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=24237It was strange actually. When I first saw it I thought...'the poor man'...but then I thought...'hold on a minute...look at all of the hor..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,694    Replies: 19
"OH MY GOSH, I'M SO EXCITED!The way it works in the US is that teachers can get small but permanent pay raises if they take classes beyond their masters degree. I've tried to take a few..."
Last Reply by
Views: 28,267    Replies: 10
"I'm currently shitting myself.Placed an order with amazon a little while ago, had an e-mail through today saying they couldn't process my order as my bank would not verify my card detai..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,839    Replies: 12
"This story on CNN has really upset me.The story says that in March the pregnant teenager was told that she could no longer attend school because of safety concerns. The only thing tha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,084    Replies: 10
"Hmmmm.... I was curious to find this ...Asperger's DisorderAsperger Syndrome is a neurobiological disorder named after the Viennese physician, Hans Asperger, who in 1944 published a res..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,487    Replies: 40
"Ok, so I was thinking about this last night...Are you scared of people you love dying?At the moment my grandad is very ill, and has been transfered to a hospital in Brighton. He was adm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,210    Replies: 23
"i've just been told today at work to 'stop the performance art' out on the grass of my crappy call centre data input work, i've been poi-ing during breaks since december, and recently b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,543    Replies: 102
"If you haven't read my wheelchair poi thread then i'll quickly give an overview of my conditionI have a condition that causes my limbs to be very painful, I can't walk very far, stand f..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter