Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,705    Replies: 40
"Did anyone else see the program on Channel 4 tonight about dyslexia? (the dispatches program). I am so disgusted about it. It basically dismissed dyslexia simply as a problem with readi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,311    Replies: 9
"seeing as no-one's mentioned it today, I'll just take a few minutes of silence for what happened four years ago."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,687    Replies: 17
"This is NOT going to be a well thought out post but it's just been buzzing in my head lately.It's just been becoming very apparent to me how DIFFERENT America would be right now if some..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,006    Replies: 71
"Didn't want to add to the other Katrina thread as this is a bit of an extended side issue...We're seeing a LOT of criticism of the Bush administration at the moment. His popularity rati..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,809    Replies: 35
"I don't normally have a problem with it that I know of, I mean now and then of course I wind up sounding more like a broken record than a person....But today its been ridiculous :/ I'v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,241    Replies: 105
"For those of you who haven't seen the news in the last few days, the US states of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama have been devastated by Hurricane Katrina.Thousands of people are th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,596    Replies: 16
"I'm posting this seperately from the 'Could Katrina sink Bush' thread, as it really deserves it's own.The likelihood of any of Bush's cock ups getting him kicked out isn't too high, so ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 977    Replies: 13
"I read the other day that organised crime makes up for 10% of America's income.Surely that can't be?Can it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,455    Replies: 14
"Hokay...So, in Florida a woman showed up to get her driver's license..which requires a photo.She insisted she leave her Berka (sp??) on for the photo, because of her religion.However, t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,423    Replies: 5
"Hey all,Is there anyone auditioning for NICA in 2006. I am going to audtion for 2007 and wanted to see some pieces to give me a few ideas. If there is anyone auditioning can you pleas..."
Views: 1,106    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,219    Replies: 9
"Okay...so I have an issue.This happened after 9/11 horribly, and it is starting to be seen here with Katrina.People are coming forward and claiming to be survivors when they are not.Som..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,899    Replies: 47
"Discussion about hurricane Katrina has made me wonder just what I do and don't know about people and how they live in other countries, and in other areas of the United States.Just how d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,764    Replies: 64
"Inevitable really, what with all that "pinging" and "ponging" that people forgot stuff If we could make a quote list (as in pre-wiki Falmouth attendees list) that'd be grand So...I'll s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,230    Replies: 10
"http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1120013.stmNot sure whether to put this in chat or not, but I found it interesting. For what it's worth, I think metric's wonderful, but if beers were serv..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,310    Replies: 3
"I perform at Rens.I am a member of a very strong group of "rennies" from my area and we have a yahoo group.Recently on the group a woman brought up the idea that we pull ourselves toget..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,374    Replies: 40
"I just woke up from a dream where i died less than half an hour ago. It was the most intensely sad i can remember feeling, even after i woke and new it was a dream i couldn't stop cryin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,827    Replies: 63
"after along discussion with my friend last night we started talking about how we disagreed with religion because of what it does to people.i dont know how many of you on this board are ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,774    Replies: 17
"Okay...I saw that this:"The Bush led Christian attack on Islam, and the reprisals, certainly sticks out as a corruption of religion. And it’s more than a litle ironic that all sides f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,262    Replies: 17
"So it's a BEAUTIFUL day in New York City. 20°C and sunny.So I got up, opened my windows wide, shat, showered, shaved...And now have returned to my room to discover that I am heavy one..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,982    Replies: 29
"I know there are many people, even some on this board, who think that airport security is absoutely necessary. They feel we are taking adequate precautions against anyone getting on boa..."
Views: 984    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,432    Replies: 5
"I made this post a few days back on a different forum and thought I might share it with you all. I still can not go home probably for weeks.I did bring my Poi pratice set but lost the C..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,511    Replies: 52
"Are you shy? Have you ever helped someone who is shy? What makes you shy?My girlfriend is so shy it stops her from getting on with her life. To be fair she's getting better and better, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,729    Replies: 6
"The good news is -- and it's hard for some to see it now -- that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,388    Replies: 9
"is tax a good or bad thing and why dose it get such a bad rap"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,726    Replies: 10
"can dogs walk on two legs no is the answer i hear you shout and i wolud normally agreebut check this out its crazyhttp://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=twoleggeddog.wmv "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,726    Replies: 12
"Hi, I have recently enrolled myself as a journalist for a school newspaper, as a feature article writer, my first subject for this job i decided would be on fire twirling and art forms ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,925    Replies: 4
"Hello All !!!Sorry for my english...I'm interesting in Historical Reconstruction .And now it's very interesting to me... Is the fire-juggling the old art? Was the some kind of fire-jug..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,289    Replies: 42
"every year around this time the newspapers parade a host of head lines screaming that A levels etc are getting easieris it just me that finds this very demeaning and annoying?i have jus..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,394    Replies: 23
"Yup, you heard me. I have about a year to kill (I'm applying for schools next year, so, hopefully, I will be in a uni next year.....) and I want to know where I should go and what I sh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,229    Replies: 10
"http://people.howstuffworks.com/fire-breathing.htmI interviewed for this a few weeks ago. The date of my accident is about 10 years off, but everything else is pretty in order. What do ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,144    Replies: 120
"id like to say that this **is** a reaction to various posts on social chat, and would like to voice my opinion here in as an adult manner as i can managefirstly i fail (slightly) to see..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,267    Replies: 3
"So I got my monthly issue of Contemporary Pediatrics and in it is an article on herbs used in GI complaints (For those of you interested: Gardiner PD, Kemper KJ. "For GI Complaints Whic..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,794    Replies: 9
" Baton and poi twirling federation is going to be registered in Bulgaria in one and half a month. As I know there are no poi twirling federations, but poi twirling communities. What do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,322    Replies: 28
"What is friendship?What is friendship to you? Everyone has had the experience of growing away from people as you get older. Sometimes when you think about it, you might wonder why you w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,419    Replies: 10
"Written by: FYI I really despise age based laws, but thats neither here nor there... Thats not quite within the scope of the argument, and I'm taking a more extreme position for this th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,819    Replies: 33
"There have been many posts lately concerning freedom and the state- examples being the issues of drugs being legal/illegal and the threads on how governements (particularly the US and U..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,564    Replies: 28
"Party in Utah, US ends with helicopters and SWAT in full tactical gear sending partygoers fleeing-Saturday night, August 20th, 2005-Video of SWAT roughing up 'ravers'- Same video, diffe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,867    Replies: 22
"so i was on the train thismorning on my way to work in canterbury reading the news paper when i came across an artical about hospitals and art now get thisthe nhs is spending a vast amo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,191    Replies: 47
"disclaimer: ok i was going to just reply to the 'old hop heads v.s new hop heads' in social chat just going off the title, but then i realised that this may start a discussion so it wou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,295    Replies: 50
" http://www.worldjewishcongress.org/nfo/article.cfm?id=4673 If the U.S. wants to send me over there to help with this crap I'm going to have to contientiously object to it."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,060    Replies: 37
"Who believes in it?I dont, under any circumstancesWhen someone is punished for theire crimes its called justice, but how can you ever justify a murder? The people who decide weather cap..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,409    Replies: 5
"I don't think I can purchase Health Insurance in the US. Not, can't afford. Can't purchase. No company will sell it to me, it seems (altho, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm happy t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,771    Replies: 16
"So we have a very sick baby in the NICU. I was the resident on call last night.So last night we were carefully monitoring the gases in his blood because he's on a ventilator. Here's t..."
Views: 1,208    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,437    Replies: 24
"So Photography is one of things i do, and I would lke to try some Poi Photography. I took a couple of photos at WOMAD which I will upload soon. But my question is: what do people think ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,459    Replies: 14
"I have been to a couple of modified car meets recently and have noticed a few regulars with poi, or breathing fire!I was just enquiring, is this a normal thing?!Also, does anyone meet i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,112    Replies: 56
""Oh my god, what have we done???" cried second pilot Robert Lewis, when the plane he was in was filled with incredible bright light.At 8:15:17, morning on the 6th of august 1945, Lewis ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,323    Replies: 19
"did y'all see the footage released, showing the "terrorist suspect" calmly wlaking along and the police sneak up behind him and waste him?http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/london_bombingsL..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter