Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 80,844    Replies: 465
"Written by: Simian ah, israel. Just another justification for my thesis that religious belief should be treated the same as any other mental illness. But that's another discussion enti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,364    Replies: 11
"(I think this is the right thread for this)I'm just courious about this. What was it like the first time you lit your poi? How long had you been spinning at the time? Did you actually h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,061    Replies: 35
"Quality of life? As a number of you know I have suffered from Chronic Sinusitis since I was 16 years old (probably longer but my parents used to think I just had a really bad cold). Si..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,338    Replies: 42
"I am about to start my final major project, and i have decided to keep it simple and base it on the word COMFORT.What are your TOP TEN things, small or big, that make you feel COMFORTAB..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,416    Replies: 14
"I'm just watching a documentary on the Picture of the Falling Man, taken on September 11th of a man jumping from the Twin Towers Link to picture some may find disturbing The photo was p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,111    Replies: 110
"I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this yet. For those who don't know;For an article (note the date):http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/382Some other interesting points to add;http://w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,895    Replies: 20
"When I find the article online, I will link to it but for now I wanted to share something that I read in a paper...A German Hotel, and I won't even attempt to spell it from memory, is g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,088    Replies: 47
"(yes i did do a search please don't beat me with a stick if i am wrong)Yet again the British government is at it again, now they want to use cameras to spy on us to make sure we don't d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,239    Replies: 43
"Two seperate Wiccan groups have asked the federal government to approve the pentagram for use on deceased veteran's grave markers Story Link Since we have no established religion in the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,208    Replies: 2
"Hi guys,I wanted to take this opportunity to highlight quite an important date. The Thirteenth of March which is Tomorrow and I wanted to ask a favour. The Thirteenth of March 1996 was ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,337    Replies: 9
"Here's something that has been bugging me for a while...I bought Rise Of Nations a few months ago but have lost the disc. I also recently completely rebuilt my hard disc and as I don't ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,538    Replies: 15
"Ok I generally like the new site but it's a little too white in my opinion. So if you want something different and are running Firefox then here's how you can change it to something lik..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,666    Replies: 8
"UK docu 13/3/6 (tonight)-extreme body mods 'ArtShock- Is Bad Art for Bad People?'Channel 4 11 pm MondayI can't vouch for it's quality, but, from advertised exerpts it should be of inter..."
Views: 971    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,983    Replies: 25
"Has anyone ever worked with people who stick notes everywhere instead of talking to people?I mean things like, in a room that's only used by 5 people, 'PLEASE SWITCH (SOANDSO) OFF BECAU..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,699    Replies: 4
"Does anyone have or know a good place to look for a graph or table that shows the percentage of a given group of people born at the same time still alive at different lenghts of time af..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,806    Replies: 17
"This topic is aimed at an issue not a person or people, though it may get bumpy. Lets have some fun with this one though. Alot of posters here like to protest governments especi..."
Views: 1,460    Replies: 0
"Hey Guys..If anyone wants a custom built screensaver of themselves and/or mates fire spinning/staffing/etc, PM me.I've just made one of my photos and it just looks COOL!I can incorporat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,991    Replies: 45
"So... Tom Monahan, the uber-Catholic former owner of Domino's Pizza, is going to build a city in Florida based around the Catholic faith. There would be no abortion offered in town and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,394    Replies: 24
"I hate to bring this up but it has to be done. How do you deal with someone you lose, particularly someone close. I recently went to my uncle's cousin's unveiling, which for those of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,144    Replies: 60
"There will be a few references to things that are UK specific. Bare with me.A few days ago they had an entirely bias "discussion" on Richard and Judy about violent video games. One of t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,806    Replies: 33
"Coming across a few stereotypes here I would like to poll some opinions from you...In Germany (and I guess in the UK aswell) we have quite a large number of fathers who are (legally) de..."
Last Reply by
Views: 24,288    Replies: 161
"I recently got my heart broken, I didn't realize it at the time, but it was the first time in my life that it happened to me. I've felt pain and sadness before, along with that really e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,638    Replies: 118
"so. i could have posted this in the 'doing a durbs thread, but its a significantly different opinion, i think, and thats kind of the point of the new thread anyway.i LIKE double posting..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,922    Replies: 25
"I'm a light hearted guy, and i can have alot. I can respect people for whatever skills the posess. Graffiti artist, cool, make a nice drawing, and I'll stand right beside you. But just ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,330    Replies: 11
"Bungling intelligence prior to Sept. 11, conducting an illegal war based on faulty information, multibillion-dollar no-bid contracts to Halliburton, corporate welfare for oil companies ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,029    Replies: 28
"here's the email i just got. judge for yourselves, eh? puts a new light on this old thread This evening, the Associated Press released secret transcripts and video footage showing Presi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,125    Replies: 27
"Came across a Wikipedia-article the other day that I wanted to share with you and ask for your opinion.Some claim "Hippie is dead!" and that there are only "Hippys" left... some say tha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,990    Replies: 17
"I figured this would be the best place to post this so...I have severe depression. I don't try to make it a secret nor make too much of a big deal out of it as it is part of me and has ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,390    Replies: 62
"If It wasnt for hop I wouldnt have met my husband.If it wasnt for hop I wouldnt have my angel of a son.If it wasnt for hop Flynty wouldnt be napping on my couch right now.If it wasnt fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,325    Replies: 8
"Damn!!Max users online was 462 @ 08/01/05 01:33 AM When did this start happening,15000 users,It seemed like just a year ago when the highest online was like 50 users and then I was havi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 30,317    Replies: 92
"I'm wondering what people's perspectives are on this. On the one hand there are a lot of great discussions on the danger. But on the other hand you have plenty of pictures in the galler..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,233    Replies: 8
"Okay, so I was talking with PWB today.On the whole we've had a pretty warm winter here. Not nearly as much snow on the average whole as usual. Not as many temps here in the sub-zero F's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,758    Replies: 12
"This line of thought came from the rebumping of NYC's thread (which I didnt realize was from a few years ago until the 3rd page).I don't have a poi community besides these online forums..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,465    Replies: 34
"This has brought me to the verge of tears.The Palestinian people have democratically decided that they want their political representatives to be a party commited to the 'Destruction of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,233    Replies: 52
"hello poi boys and girls. Those of you that know me will know that i am very very silly. I am known for my weirdness and silliness, and frankly, that's the only angle i have on life! Ho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,725    Replies: 17
"Rememebr back when you were a kid, and you saw something amazing done by a person you thought was either superhuman or a magician because of their abilities? A martial artist, a gymnast..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,562    Replies: 130
"I was wondering why police ever carry lethal weaponry around. I know it's much more common in the states than it is here in the UK, and I was musing about it.Out of curiosity, what situ..."
Views: 1,516    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,728    Replies: 16
"I know the title of this thread cought your eye, and has you wondering what it's going to cover. Well it's a about a school club. As the name suggests it's a group of gay and straight s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,577    Replies: 5
"this was passed on to me at work and i do not know if it is from a reliable source, i hope it isn't but still it should be read and consideredSubject: Fw: Harsh Realities from Rush Limb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,359    Replies: 47
"http://web.amnesty.org/pages/stoptorture-071105-news-eng "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,764    Replies: 8
"Just been reading through some of the threads in discussion (a place I rarely read all through due to heavy topics discussed at great length) and I was thinking this place could benefit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,387    Replies: 16
"Gahhh I am sooo mad at the moment.I am not sure if this goes here or not as it isn't really going anywhere that I can see...please let me know if it is in the wrong spot....Anyway on wi..."
Views: 847    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 10,681    Replies: 152
"Ive come across it alot. Its here, this why im disliking home of poi more every day.When I first joined six months ago it was different, it was less chatty, more seriouse, post counts a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,198    Replies: 16
" Would any of you consider Poi as a candidate for an olympic sport? It's already very international, very physical, requires much skill and training, and is known all over the world and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,214    Replies: 33
"According to Wikipedia, they are New York City, London, Paris, and Tokyo.Do you agree? I'd knock Paris off the list. If it gets to be part of the 4, then why not Madrid or Rome? Or S..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,416    Replies: 52
"For those of you who havn't heard, check out your favourite news feed. The Bush Admin has issued a supoena (months ago now) for google's records, a list of some or all of the sites ind..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,586    Replies: 30
"ok so its taken me so long to get round to writing this but things happened this week that gave me an extra push. For all the time i have been on HOP you guys have been some of the most..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter