Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 7,582    Replies: 92
"Another thread made me think about starting this topic:Last week we were discussing people taking photos and how it may reflect if they are taking photos on one "type" or twirler and ho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,035    Replies: 21
"This is a discussion I was having with a friend of mine over the weekend. His argument was that there is no such thing as instinctive behaviour and that all behaviour is learnt ie you l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,968    Replies: 22
"I've been spinning fire poi since around Christmas time this year, and a lot of the time I really enjoy it. I do, however, have a bit of a fear of fire, so sometimes I have a bad burn o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,613    Replies: 48
"ok............ i'm not condoning this in any way, shape or form but the party i was going to go to this weekend but for some reasons the oganisers messed up but thats another story. onc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,145    Replies: 16
"I sometimes do the odd shift at a 24hr garage, and im used to dealing with people who have drank too much or are pilling ect.... but theres this woman whos started to come in more often..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,371    Replies: 68
"Well, this came up out of a random post on Firetoys.Everyone likes to see how high you can throw a diabolo (and catch it) so we wondered what the world record was - I got in contact wit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,970    Replies: 55
"Upon reading Valura's thread out the toxic effects from the fumes from firespinning it got me thinking about other possible negative effects of firespinning. Name the environmental issu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,017    Replies: 38
"I have been thinking about this for a while..My breathing has been a little laboured and I have had some horrible coughing recently after spinning... Now we used to use Kero, but we dec..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,911    Replies: 12
"I'm intolerant to a lot of foods (Wheat, Corn, milk, egg white, yeast, sesame, bananas, oranges, citrus fruit, mushrooms, grapes, kiwi and caffiene)and i know there are a lot of hoppers..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,119    Replies: 58
"I was wondering something... is it automatically bad karma to choose not to do something that is good karma?For instance, if I see someone doing something that is good karma, which I co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,128    Replies: 17
"I'm surprised this thread hasnt come up before, so lets hope my searching was thorough enough.I was just curious about what people thought about Daniel Craig being the new James Bond. P..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,876    Replies: 58
"This post was brought about seeing this comment on an older thread on one of the Crowded House members, Paul Hester, taking his own life a while back: Written by: ~Leah~why is i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,043    Replies: 5
"Well the pros are the fire arts will reach a broader spectrum of people. The cons just about everything else in my book. People are going to start flailing fire about untrained. Any dru..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,868    Replies: 22
"http://www.stopthetraffik.org/default.aspxwhat do people think of this?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,579    Replies: 18
"I'm sorry I'm going to pour my heart out a bit on this one, but I know you guys are always good at providing varied and impartial opinions....Basically my mother in law has bullied me f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,627    Replies: 17
"one of my little patients from the floor showed up in clinic today. She's this ADORABLE teeny little 5-year-old with a genetic syndrome. Normal intelligence. CUUUUTEST thing you ever..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,511    Replies: 41
"hey all i wanted to have a discusion about what happens to your soul after you die and do you believe in reincarnationive had someone pass just yesterday and i believe that he is still ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,479    Replies: 89
"so its just gone past midnight and im sitting here in at uni coding away and all of a sudden i hear this odd noise coming from one of the other cubicals, and i know everyone else has lo..."
Views: 679    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,312    Replies: 3
"Hey all.. There's a very interesting set of threads on tribe.net regarding a performance nightmare. Apparently a troupe performed an act with an audience member, something went wrong an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,804    Replies: 22
"I've been watching cnn on and off at work and the most recent story is essentially about how athletes are "accidentally" raping people because they belive that they are entitled to have..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,014    Replies: 6
"I would surmise that my general outlook in life is international - a view that accepts and values different cultures. I have travelled in too many countries to believe that one particul..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,134    Replies: 34
"Resolve: Some people are less ethical within their closest relationship.Resolve: Some people confuse "legal honesty" with "ethically truthfulness"&lbr;See how nice I made it for the 'sk..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,010    Replies: 96
"Welcome to the new look Home of Poi!You may need to hit refresh a couple of times, especially on the board. If the menu is white then this is probably the reason. hopefully!Also note th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,538    Replies: 21
"Which is better? I find adobe prem very complicated while windows mm is much simpler for my feeble brain.adobe prem however is more advanced, although with wmm you can save the file to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,398    Replies: 44
"http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4799238.stmI've not read anything as deplorable as this for a while...Does this mean rape and domestic violence has been downgraded in terms of seriousness..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,049    Replies: 15
"so i have a bit of a dilemma, i have some footage i had professionally filmed a few years ago for an instructional poi dvd of a friend spinning. anyway he moved to melbourne and owes me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,880    Replies: 24
"I am currently playing with the thought of having stuff made in China...Now my (sub)consciousness tell me not to and transforms all those news from China into horrible scenarios of slav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,581    Replies: 9
"Malcolm, using Safari 2.0.3 running Mac OS 10.4.5 HOP just looks...very wrong. Formatting is off, a lot of the UBB isn't working, as is the HTML."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,130    Replies: 59
"Something happened to me today and it made me really sad I was out at the park like I always am on any day that gets above 45 degrees farenhight and was having a great time with my p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,072    Replies: 55
"Search = Nothing.Right. Why do people start threads? Is it because you think people on HoP should know about something important? Because you want to entertain? Because you're bored?Ult..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,384    Replies: 36
"Wondering if when someone dies, and they have expressed a last wish( clearly, like in a letter) , if it should always be respected- and thus acted on. What, for example, if their last w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,090    Replies: 21
"i just did this test on the bbc website...just out of interest realy , and my results came up that i am exactly in between male and female, equal parts of both.i'm not quite sure what t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,190    Replies: 7
" WHAT? I havent heard anything on the news...! Has anyone else heard this? "
Last Reply by
Views: 5,508    Replies: 65
"You asked for it - Now you have it!(did a search and nothing like that came up - if there is a pre-existing thread, please accept my apologies and close this one)So here it goes: Wikipe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,410    Replies: 38
"I've been looking into "body image" and how it affects our happiness. I've noticed more and more that people have an unrealistic view of their bodies. They believe themselves to be, too..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,591    Replies: 13
" I just so happened to stumble across this website run by a man from Orange County, California.The sole purpose of this site is to denounce religion, president Bush, fundamentalists, "i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,031    Replies: 47
"Amid all the other discussions on HoP today, we seem to have overlooked two rather large and important stories happening in the world... so I'm posting a couple of threads... it'd be gr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,315    Replies: 21
" Check it Nice to see that there are some people making things happen, and not buying Bush's Holy War."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,187    Replies: 8
"Yesterday 20th March the area around Innisfail (between Cairns and Townsville) was hit by a catagory 5 cyclone, the most powerful to every hit Australian shores. At present, damage is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,666    Replies: 66
"http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060313/ap_en_tv/people_isaac_hayesWritten by:NEW YORK -Isaac Hayes has quit "South Park," where he voices Chef, saying he can no longer stomach its take on ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,183    Replies: 41
"This is quite wowWritten by: www.livescience.comScientists have produced superheated gas exceeding temperatures of 2 billion degrees Kelvin, or 3.6 billion degrees Fahrenheit.This is h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,168    Replies: 86
"Okay...so.Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes both have movies coming out and are supposed to be promoting them. Instead they are promoting their relationship and their religion...Scientology.N..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,408    Replies: 26
"As some of you know and the rest can read up at http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/show.../o/all/fpart/1, I've been treated very nicely for the past year by the NHS.Basically, I've sta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,282    Replies: 3
"http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4835484.stm............Controversial new powers allowing people with personality disorders to be locked up for more than 28 days without appeal could ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,749    Replies: 28
"I thought this was worth a look, if not a discussion.At least to show the rest of the world what the US thinks of our own president these days. Kinda interesting no? At least you can p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,737    Replies: 30
"I know that terrorism generally requires the media to spread the histeria but lately it seems the media has been publicizing WAY too much information that will clearly aid any future te..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,826    Replies: 73
"I've been thinking a bit, and toying around with an idea.We're all familiar with the 'If i work x hours, i get y money'. That money, then, is used for all sorts of stuff.Why not cut out..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,205    Replies: 15
"Yo - how's everyone doing? Things are looking good here, a few extra squiggles at the end of posts, a few more repeated posts (and ensuing arguements ) but all looks well So, me and th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,697    Replies: 49
"Synesthesia is an involuntary joining in which the real information of one sense is accompanied by a perception in another sense. In addition to being involuntary, this additional perce..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter