Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,358    Replies: 7
"I received this email from a fellow board member at Church of the Earth and thought that maybe some of you soft-hearted HoPpers out there would be willing to help...~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,744    Replies: 146
"This is something that I've been thinking about for a while. It's a bit complicated and there are lots of hot topics associated with my main point so I'll try to boil my main point dow..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,944    Replies: 26
"I rarely come into Social Discussion for several reasons. One, I deal with enough emotional and political crap at work that I try to avoid it when I'm not at work. But the second reas..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,145    Replies: 42
"Tara - the setting for the Irish invasion last year - is under threat! (The below is copied from an email from Kat. Thanks for the heads up on this ) Tara, one of the most important..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,384    Replies: 28
"Thanks for taking the time reading this and maybe even giving a reply.... I'm kind-a heavy headed on this at the moment... I was asking somebody, who is making and selling firefans - d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,640    Replies: 15
"I will use a made up example although most people will infer what im talking about.Lets say there is a thread with a hotly debated topic, one person if offended by missreading another p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,733    Replies: 25
" Written by: sportsnetwork New York, NY (Sports Network) - Radio personality Don Imus was fired from his CBS Radio job on Thursday, one day after MSNBC said it would no longer simu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,216    Replies: 40
"The usual Wiki-intro  Written by: WikiAs of 2007, the world population reached 6.6 billion.&lbr;1&rbr; In line with population projections, this figure continues to grow at rate..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,441    Replies: 21
"Hi there HoPpers,At work quite a while ago, one of my mates said that when i spin it kinda looks like Tai Chi and this i have applied to the name of my poi style, Poi Chi.Other distinc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,395    Replies: 14
" Ta da!!!!!(and other fanfare-esque noises)Owing to the fact that he is rubbish at marketing himself... This is to announce the launch of the most awesome book on Contact Juggling to hi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,418    Replies: 30
"erm... hello ok I have a 'friend' ahem.. who is having a bit of an issue at work... there is a person there that started to work there at the beginning of the year - they get on really..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,484    Replies: 34
"If you're in a good, happy mood, read another post. This is nothing but one long whinge. If you live in dump, read on, this will make you realize its not that bad...I'm not normally a w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,081    Replies: 61
"Do you have an addictive personality?If so, how does it come out?How do you control it, if you do at all?I have a terribly addictive personality. I've known it since I was little. When ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,095    Replies: 77
"Another way of explaining the world... wiki's conservative "counterpart"!http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,526    Replies: 4
"Hey everyone, here at my school, all seniors are required to write a 10-20 page research paper on a topic of thier choice, and then do a project of some kind. After a long consideration..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,158    Replies: 64
"Quoted from Fark.Iran's recent History1953. CIA back coup overthrows the democratically elected government.1953-1979 The US Supported a brutal dictatorship. 1000's murdered, tortured by..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,241    Replies: 92
"ok, so who's heard of the tesco's "computers for schools" and "sports equipment for schools" promotions that tesco's has been running??for those that don't know TESCO is the UK's larges..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,734    Replies: 8
"http://www.google.com/tisp/press.htmlI ordered mine today! "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,732    Replies: 22
"ok, so I don't normally chat on HoP too much about other people in my life (apart from complaining about my man now and then!) but I have a friend who's asked for some advice and I don'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,327    Replies: 4
" Written by:London, 2 April 2007 - EMI Music today announced that it is launching new premium downloads for retail on a global basis, making all of its digital repertoire available..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,539    Replies: 6
"My ex has anew partner and are living together. I wish them both happiness and luck together, but, they do not always get on and this worries me when my ex has our son for holidays. I k..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,345    Replies: 12
"BBC News reports that a fire performer's clothes caught fire, which then spread to his fuel container, resulting in the deaths of 10 people in a nightclub in Moscow.BBC News story "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,645    Replies: 5
"I have stared the story now we can all finish it together. Lets see how it goes. Jimny cricket was having a bad day, when Peter Bob Thornton came along to speak tell him some exciti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 20,597    Replies: 267
"I would just like to mention out of general irritation that some veggie friends give me. They always ask how can I have a clean conscience because I eat meat? Uusally giving me a long l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,863    Replies: 15
"So, we've got the "war in iraq". There's even "game console wars".Now there's search engine stuff going down.Watching TV the other day, an obscure advert came on with a bloke holding a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,956    Replies: 55
"UNCARING, INCOMPETENT, WOULD RATHER HAVE A BIT MORE CHAMPAGNE AND CAVIAR AT THIS YEAR'S CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!The government is taking the pish totally, if it wasn't for my social worker i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 988    Replies: 7
"There is a little town called Esperance (about 14000 people) in Western Australia that has been having some problems lately. Its just nuts…Thousands of birds have died… just dropped..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,365    Replies: 20
"CBS article Written by: CBS(AP) More than six years after terrorists bombed the USS Cole, the families of the 17 sailors killed in the blast are heading to court to try to prove t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,251    Replies: 8
"http://www.bbc.co.uk/jobs/blastartsreporters/basically the BBC are looking for 18-19 year olds to report for 8 weeks on their loved art.i'd love to do this(if i was a bit younger )some..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,437    Replies: 19
"So i have this friend, that I'm just about to stop talking to.First off... we've known each other a while and things have always been rocky between us.Last year she started to express i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,598    Replies: 60
"We had a "pedantic" thread back a while ago where the goal was to write whatever...as long as it was in perfect grammatically correct English.We're not asking for that.But for many read..."
Views: 1,649    Replies: 0
"United Nations Millennium Declaration, does anyone still remenber about it? The Millennium Declaration is a United Nations resolution, adopted at the 8th plenary of the Millennium..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,298    Replies: 4
"Wiki on it Written by: WikiThe Voynich manuscript is a mysterious illustrated book with incomprehensible contents. It is thought to have been written between approximately 1450 and..."
Views: 1,300    Replies: 0
"This one is highly critical and raises some ethical questions I would suppose...Background: A couple wants to have children, but the woman is not fertile, so they decide artificial ways..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,086    Replies: 25
"Ok. Here's the deal. I just looked at myself in the mirror, and, while I'm not fat, I'm not happy with both a combination of my energy levels and overall tone. I wish to try an experime..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,576    Replies: 27
"I was just wondering if there was anyone who knows of anything you can do or take to help you control your emotions. I’ll give you a little background on the situation.I’m a little ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 25,677    Replies: 192
"Hey all! First, thanks for reading this post and I hope the subject interests you. This thread is about what has become known to people as "unofficial religion", or as the school comp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,895    Replies: 5
"So, what are your more random moments when you realize you love fire and why?Example: this morning, I accidentally sliced my right thumb from the base to the tip, too deep for just "adh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,748    Replies: 38
"This is a question I've just spend some time debating with my dad about... and neither of us came to any kind of conclusion. WARNING: Huge rant ahead! &lbr;&rbr;I am currently a grade 1..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,177    Replies: 25
"In the city of Bristol here in England we experienced the worst police violence in over 150 years at the protests last thursday. Many people suffered injurys from Battons and dog bites ..."
Views: 3,583    Replies: 38
"Greetings-This is a similar thread to the msn contacts thread, only for the voice over internet program Skype (www.skype.com).If you have a michrophone and speakers, you can talk for fr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,454    Replies: 7
"Production Jet Cars Of The Fifties.I can imagine now the eco threads of HoP if these were really into production .. makes me think that for some reason certain failures like this one ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,019    Replies: 27
"http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6396457.stmI'm shocked that anyone coult let their 8 year old child get up to over 15 stone.. my ex was about 16 stone when I told him enough was enoug..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,008    Replies: 36
"Its not often that I feel the need to congratulate the Howard government for anything...but Written by: ITV.comhttp://www.itv.com/news/world_09b7e74c7547fc994f942ae04231f306.htmlA..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,395    Replies: 37
""
Last Reply by
Views: 1,798    Replies: 12
"This post started as a response to this thread-http://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/show...5/o/all/fpart/2However, it turned into a big reply that would possibly have shifted the thread ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,513    Replies: 14
"A commons select commitee is pressing for the preferential deal between Israel and the EU to be stopped.Here is an interesting comment article in the Guardian about it.Do you back the c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,458    Replies: 86
"I'm beginning to grow slightly concerned about what is happening to our world as far as weather/natural disasters/climate goes.Starting with something not as severe:This summer has been..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,603    Replies: 10
"Mothers face 'job discrimination' Women with young children are the most discriminated-against at work, a study published later will suggest. A mother with a child aged under 11 is 45% ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,845    Replies: 57
"Anyone else seen it yet? I'd love to hear what other people think. Here's a review from a scientific perspective:http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/harris061206.htm"
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter