Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,547    Replies: 17
"Morning all, thought i would share some stuff i have come across in the past few months, based on Web 2.0 (the principle being to use the web as a giant OS, to build and developer the e..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,025    Replies: 26
"Okay. So, the backstory but the non-issue for this is that two teenage (16yo) girls were part of a youth fireman training program. Evidentally they would hang out at the firestation onc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,451    Replies: 19
"_http://www.johnsonc itypress. com/Detail. php?Cat=HOMEPAGE &ID=59523_ Sounds to me like ill-educated performers and policemen made for a bad situation.Kero-explosive?They didn't kn..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,809    Replies: 12
"So have you ever wondered what happens to all of the money that Microsoft make, well it's owners anyway!.Well we all now Mr big Bill....But how about Paul Allen? well he's another of th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,784    Replies: 7
"Would it be possible for there to be an easier way to see if you have any comments on your photos in your gallery? I like to check and reply to people who comment, but it takes me ages ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,784    Replies: 15
"So I have written a articles for HoP (First Aid for Burns &lbr;which everyone should keep a copy of in their fire kits&rbr; and Clubbing Safety).So I feel like writing another (if Malco..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,132    Replies: 3
"Hey there,I was just wondering what LR44 cells were.Megz "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,775    Replies: 10
"I saved someones life today. It was terrifying...She was drowning, half way between where I was on a floating raft, and the beach. I could not hear her, but her face, and the motion of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,969    Replies: 2
"Is the world getting paranoid? I'd say "yes".Video surveillance, tapping of (cell) phones, trojan horse viruses (created and sent by the government) in order to spy on ppls PC's, (biome..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,897    Replies: 32
"Do fat people spin? ive looked at a lot of youtube vids, and pics, and the like and have yet to see a fellow fat guy spinning. Am i a minority in this community. Granted im sure its har..."
Views: 6,153    Replies: 40
"Hi all,In my time on HOP I've seen the topic of science pop up again and again. However, it is invariable in a defensive position, coming under fire from all sides. I'd like this to be ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,364    Replies: 37
"Can you be depressed and know about it...I've been depressed before and I rememebr not realising it until I was too deep to help myself and aren't you not supposed to notice a mental il..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,083    Replies: 207
"Ok, another psychological hot potatoe this one. Basically if proven a lot of good lawyers could get a lot of dangerous people released from prison, which is why it has not yet become a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,382    Replies: 7
"I'm currently writing an essay in Japanese (so don't ask to read it ) titled:Enjo Kousai: Compensated Dating, Schoolgirl Prostitution or Paedophaelia?I have made my decision (and will ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,605    Replies: 41
"Hello there my lovelies!Im having a bit of a problem finding a good job that I like at the moment, and im really wondering where Im being let down. My only interest is in IT jobs, and t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,126    Replies: 67
"Good Morningeveningafternoon Well... I have been on this board for almost 4 years, traveled around the world to many different meets ranging from 2 people to a few hundred... I have ama..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,599    Replies: 3
"I've been reading the BBC news "Have your say" discussion board and have shouted at the screen at least twice. The story is that terrorism suspects have broken their control orders. The..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,011    Replies: 5
"So i don't really perform that much but when i do everyone asks for a name and i suppose you need one so im asking all you performers out there how did you come up with your name or you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,975    Replies: 40
"...and no, I am not referring to cigarette's.For those of you lucky to have BBC2, I hope you managed to catch some part of "The most hated family in America" documentary, shown at 9pm t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,753    Replies: 24
"Hello! I started doing poi recently as iv always thought it looks really awesome and is a well happy and sunny extravaganza sort of past time love the idea of being outside and summe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,909    Replies: 19
"So i was shopping for jewelery for my girlfriend today and it made me wonder if jewelery ive given girls in the past ends up never being worn again/chucked out/given away or if it still..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,325    Replies: 19
"Any recommendations on a good oliver shanti album to buy? i don't have any yet and was told I have to check him out. Thanks for any info!! Ice"
Last Reply by
Views: 12,346    Replies: 41
"Mobile phones will be jammed in Sydney when Bush visitsI figure Sydney-Siders are already aware of this, but I find it interesting from an emergency perspective. No mobile phones for 2 ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,061    Replies: 37
"hello people. I am doing a project in Anthropology, in a unit called Ritual and Belief. Our theme is rituals in the modern world and we have chosen to focus on Festivals, Concerts and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,164    Replies: 4
"I'm not a big fan of talkshows and I think hosts like Conan O´Brian are pretty lame in the end. But scottish Craig Ferguson really captured my attention. He's truly funny and warmheart..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,085    Replies: 12
"Mods, delete this if I just need to be pointed to a large explanatory banner ad or something...But why do posts now have an apparent link on the bottom right corner that says 'manage th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,687    Replies: 65
"I've just been thinking about this after reading some posts on various messageboards (both spinny and non-spinny) and thought I'd see what everyone elses oppinions are.Everything (as fa..."
Views: 3,125    Replies: 25
"so today he announced his departure date..............what will be his so highly prized legacy???is he down with the "yoots", the common man's man??or...an evil despot??? "
Last Reply by
Views: 808    Replies: 1
"SO I was watching some stuff on youtube tonight and I just came across this.To be honest I found it quite heart stoppingly, In a disturbing manor in which it portrays the way we raciall..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,049    Replies: 2
"Anyone else noticed the 'return' of poiinthepark ??????????poiintheparkmark"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,454    Replies: 26
"I have just found out that someone has wiped my account of all my money in one lump sum(ok, they left me £3... how nice of them). I know i'm not the first, nor will be the last who ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,652    Replies: 34
"Today in Wales it was a day to vote. We had 2 votes. As explained why here.I had a really hard time picking who to vote for as most of them seem to be full of empty promises if not lies..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,922    Replies: 5
"ok this is driving me nuts cause i know there's some thread around here on poi in the news, but i searched with a million different word combinations and couldn't find it. so here's a ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,452    Replies: 4
"if you ike gilbert and george.... go to www.bbc.co.uk/imagine this is a one time oppourtuinity to download and original peice available only online for the next 48 hoursthere are 9 pane..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,371    Replies: 75
"As everybody knows, there has been a lot of speculation about "size zero" and "size double zero". Some catwalk shows have banned models with a BMI below 17 (i think, its about there) an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,006    Replies: 36
"add a one dollar per gallon tax to all gasoline in america. the entire dollar goes to advancing and developing sustainable and alternative energy sources. this doesnt work because the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,278    Replies: 13
"anyone got any idea???"
Last Reply by
Views: 131,919    Replies: 310
" Tragic Loss of LifeThis &lbr;censored&rbr; really saddens me. My thoughts go out to the victims, survivors and all their families."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,787    Replies: 31
"Pain - and especially chronic pain - can be a major factor that deminishes the quality of life.There is a variety of different kinds of pain, but generally I gues it's valid to descern ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,418    Replies: 6
"I Just want to clarify that I am personally NOT Declaring E-Mail Bankruptcy.http://valleywag.com/tech/trends/declaring-e+mail-bankruptcy-254608.phpI thought about it, what a great idea,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,600    Replies: 37
"Hey...I was wondering how many different kind of possibilities there are to really study firearts besides online communities and videos and some festivals/workshops? I know there is/was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,187    Replies: 22
"I have been having a discussion in the "Down the Rabbit Hole" thread, and thought I would bring a part of it that interests me over here to Discussion... I am interested in knowing if y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,579    Replies: 7
"Hey folks. A reporter from the Boston Globe was around a bit ago doing a story on fire performing and her article finally came out.articleThoughts/reactions?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,378    Replies: 41
"heyy,doing a debate at school in R.E about animal rights for eating them and medical testing.Just wondering what peoples point of view on it was???"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,438    Replies: 31
"http://www.aginfo.psu.edu/News/07Jan/HoneyBees.htmhttp://maarec.cas.psu.edu/FAQ/FAQCCD.pdfBees are disappearing. Sounds a bit like the X-Files... but according to some articles I just r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,347    Replies: 7
"Ok, I'm posting this half in fear of being accused of America Bashing, but I feel this is something worth putting up here. Feel free to doubt the truth of it, but I have tried to find r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,209    Replies: 2
"I was having a conversation recently and 2 people put to me that they don't really want to pursue corporate gigs.Which is fair enough I remember doing a couple of coporate drumming gigs..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,249    Replies: 4
"I've been reading reports about what would happen in the wake of Michael Richards and then with Imus and his statement.That sparked an outrage against the rap community because they've ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,845    Replies: 39
"I am always so fascinated by these, but the news here will mention it and then not follow through.I know a yacht was found off the coast of Australia and that everything was smoothe ins..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,712    Replies: 10
"yes folks, less than a week after the vagina tech shooting some nutter has taken a hostage at the NASA space center in huston texas now if that is not yet ANOTHER good reason to sort o..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter