Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 8,295    Replies: 38
" As prommised under "hydrogen Powered Cars" Ive starded a new thread for energy calculations, etc. Some quick calculations to consider THERE ARE 2 ERRORS HERE the Earth's radius is 6.3..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,344    Replies: 17
"Re-insurance season is upon us and I have just had my documentation in and upon reading it came across a point of (minor) alarm. This is a point that everyone who is insured by Equity n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,610    Replies: 12
"Broke my left collarbone 6 weeks ago (I'm left-handed) and am back at the hospital on Wednesday this week for X-ray. It's not a particularly great hospital - in fact it has an apalling..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,777    Replies: 9
"The headphone effectI have noticed something kind interesting the last couple of days and am wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I work in a big office block which has..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,433    Replies: 22
"Did we need a study to tell us that more than 40 percent of everything said in e-mail is misunderstood? Well, they did one anyway. http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0515/p13s01-stct.htmlA w..."
Views: 1,472    Replies: 0
"http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/10/truthabouttoyota.phphttp://www.truthabouttoyota.com/Companies that publicly advertise their "green credentials" while lobbying to oppose green le..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,495    Replies: 27
"So I have an exciting opportunity coming up and I was sharing the excitement and the nervousness I feel surrounding it with someone. To which it was responded.."Why is that your dream? ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,617    Replies: 59
"What would you want it to carry?Obviously poi, devil stix, flags, some beginner jug balls.Those are givens.What else would you want it to carry?Would you be supportive of stuff that is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,725    Replies: 37
"At anothers suggestion I am starting this poll.The premise under debate is that to be considered a Professional performer one must derive all of ones income from performing.A quote from..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,671    Replies: 21
"ever since HoP got larger i have come to the website, looked at it, and thought 'there is too much here for me to look at in the time i usually give to HoP every day' and logged off aga..."
Views: 1,047    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,687    Replies: 28
"Hey folks,I am writing a feature article on the political situation in Burma, and was wondering if we have any Burmese spinners on here, or for that matter anyone who has been to Burma..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,111    Replies: 124
"Article in Canadian mediaBasically what it says is that  Written by: CBC newsthe non-binding declaration, which sets out global human rights standards for indigenous populations,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,879    Replies: 18
"So we got this new medical student on our service yesterday. He's a student at an Israeli medical school, but doing most of his clinical rotations in the U.S. because he wants to come ..."
Views: 651    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 12,391    Replies: 27
"So I just got my fire Poi in the mail a week ago. I swore I was not going to lite them up for 4-6 months...... That didn't work. I only did very basic moves with them, only things I was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 20,259    Replies: 217
"http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4363075.stmWhat are your opinions on what has been done?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,551    Replies: 13
"Coming to Thailand, tourists should inform themselves about country, culture and customs. Failing to do so has potential to lead into difficult situatons, because Thai-culture sometimes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,868    Replies: 25
"Is a chimp a person?I think it's interesting because we constantly define "human" as being a "person". So, it got me thinking, under what grounds is something a "person"?I understand th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,020    Replies: 13
"Anyone seen this before? I understand it is not entirely accurate (how could it be?) but it certainly makes you think.http://www.poodwaddle.com/worldclock.swfFeel free to tell me it is ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,070    Replies: 8
"Okay, my friend and I thought it would lots of fun to do a fortune telling thing at an event we went to this past weekend.Mine made little sense but it got me thinking about alot of thi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,383    Replies: 10
" Written by: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/09/18/driving.iceland/index.html * Story Highlights * Iceland turning to hydrogen to power its cars, buses and fishing fleet ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,472    Replies: 8
"So I'm thinking about this place for living in SF... East-West House.Now, there are a number of other similar places. In college and med school I lived in or was heavily involved in st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,155    Replies: 19
"well i know there is, so Doc Lightning i hope you're reading this cos its intended for you. Ok i have a Pilonidal Sinus, and my aprents keep asking wtf it is, and i dunno how to explain..."
Views: 1,802    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,813    Replies: 19
"Forbid me if there is already a thread, but I just heard:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070829/ap_on_re_us/burning_man_burnedI'm shocked. It's so devastating. It just won't be the same wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,342    Replies: 2
"There has been a crash at Phuket Airport in Thailand- I know lots of Hoppers have been travelling to Thailand and am concerned- is anyone we know out there/ travelling there recently??h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,839    Replies: 69
"So as those of you who followed my trip to England may know, my first action upon arrival was to get a mobile phone. This is because not having a mobile phone for a month is about the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,233    Replies: 25
"Facebook ban incurs 'lactivist' wrathApparently sharing photos of you breastfeeding your child voilates the Facebook terms of use. In some cases, people have been permenantly banned fro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 108,894    Replies: 356
"does anyone have any tips or advice or anything to share about dying dreadlocks?I've had mine for quite a few years, and, well, umm, I'm going a bit grey , and I'd actually like to d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,409    Replies: 32
"I've started to realise that many threads seem to be breaking down based purely on what words MEAN rather than the general point of the thread. I know we need to be more concise in the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,598    Replies: 43
"I'm wondering who else here keeps dream logs.A dream log (or dream diary) is a log of all the dreams you can remember. It's best to log a dream you remember first thing in the morning ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,029    Replies: 28
"I can honestly answer that I'd be living a very different life if I haddn't stumbled upon HOP back in 2000 (reg'd in 01 ) and I'm thankful for what this community has given me. both dir..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,339    Replies: 60
"Is Intelligent Design a Theory or a Critique?Can anyone please direct me towards a theory of intelligent design the dose not involve the disregarding of evolution. I'm am very intereste..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,597    Replies: 38
"I was looking through the photos of my UK trip the other day when I came across these photos of a park in Bath. My family took the photos because to us, the concept of an unfenced area ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,388    Replies: 3
"Poi is an artpoi keeps me focussedpoi reminds me of what I can dopoi reminds me who I ampoi is happy spinningI love my poiWhat does Poi mean to you? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,020    Replies: 8
"Madeleine L'Engle closed the chapter of her lifei think this is the first time someone famous passing away meant something to me. the Wrinkle in Time series still sits on my shelf amon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,549    Replies: 4
"http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/braun/20070905-9999-1m5braun.htmlI don't even know what to say to that. That's rather appalling. I understand drawing a line somewhere, but he..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,039    Replies: 35
"Here in the US it shows on Discovery Channel.It is more reality than any other show. The host, Bear Gylls(I think is his last name), gets dropped off with a camera and sound man into th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,958    Replies: 22
"Reading the paper this morning I came across this article which I thought was interesting; Belt up or face jail timeGiven what is written at the bottom of the article about the "delinqu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,095    Replies: 11
"Just got home now. It's 2:38 AM right now and I'm not right in the head. This post will be incoherent, poorly formatted, with worse grammar, and it will probley contaoun some speeling..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,067    Replies: 16
"I was wondering what people thought of the German language reformI don't speak Germanin any form, but I find it interesting that there are official changes coming in. Does anyone know i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,088    Replies: 27
"Hi guys. I was diagnosed with depression a few weeks ago, and have been on prozac since. I have been off work the whole time too. Really I am just wondering if any of you guys on here h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,734    Replies: 35
"Every now and then I've taken a break from HoP. It's been nice. And then nice to come back.I thought it'd be nice to have a thread where folks can sign off for a period of time. Even..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,898    Replies: 39
"OK, I really want to learn a new language, mainly because I'm fed up of conforming to the steriotype that English people can only speak English and expect everyone else to too. (I guess..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,646    Replies: 19
"Hello there all you lovely lovely hoppers!It's my great pleasure to tell you all that in 2008 the Brittish Juggling Convention will be celebrating its 21st birthday in good old Sheffiel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,868    Replies: 15
"A community project (part of Bornfire) which involves juggling and spinning workshops, fire performances and games finally kicked off on 2007 June 9. During the 10 days, Antti Suniala a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,859    Replies: 5
"Hi guys just wondering if i could discuss somthing with you as it were.On saturday night there was a little bit of a get togther at my friends house to celebrate a double birthday party..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,553    Replies: 62
"so recently i have discovered that many school around my county and i think mostly over the country that there are many new rules being brought in to combat individuality.the rules in m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,428    Replies: 57
"Since several of us can't figure out which direction Richee was trying to go with his recent post "Quo Vadis Domine?", I decided to start a new thread with my ideas on where his was goi..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter