Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,994    Replies: 4
"I had an odd thought yesterday. It should be more or less undisputed that we are heading to hell in a handcart by burning too many fossil fuels and too much oil in particular. There ar..."
Views: 1,397    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,732    Replies: 3
"http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/03/anti-emo-riots.htmlOuch."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,027    Replies: 19
"i though this was kind of cool in a oh dear war driven robots to destroy us all kind of way http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/200601/kt2006011617112710160.htm this just opens up a whole n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,467    Replies: 3
"Just crossing this article at YahooYeah I know its my third thread in two days... (sigh) me but I have not been unfaithful to HoP... Written by : YahooIs it possible to regain tr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,494    Replies: 14
"i saw this and thought it was a jokehttp://io9.com/369515/eiffel-towers-massive-new-observation-deck-to-be-made-of-kevlar-webbingbut apparently not, i think it looks silly, very very si..."
Last Reply by
Views: 983    Replies: 1
"I am suprised I didn't find any topic about this. I just heard about it when I was up in CO and sounds great. It looks like this will be the second year, last year it was just Oz, and w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,341    Replies: 16
"WARNING BEFORE REPLYING TO THIS PM YOU MAY OR MAY NOT RECEIVE Written by GOOD DAY ,I hope that I am not embarrassing you with this mail because you did not expect it or know me b..."
Views: 731    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,382    Replies: 27
"Hi Everyone,I just got this from a mailing list I'm on. It didnt show anything new to me, but I thought it might be an interesting discussion point for the HOP crowd. Written by =..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,416    Replies: 6
"So, I haven't been posting here much lately, especially not in the last three weeks.That's because I've just spent three amazing, totally life-changing weeks in Madrid.My Spanish (I was..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,578    Replies: 11
"I never thought I'd be so disgusted with the British and Dutch governments at the same time.I mean, this is a stunt worthy of the U.S., but I thought better of these two countries. My f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,561    Replies: 55
"Stolen generation of Aboriginals in AustraliaThe wording  Written by: WikipediaToday we honour the Indigenous peoples of this land, the oldest continuing cultures in human histor..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,886    Replies: 27
"Good day, beautiful people I hope this finds you all well and happy. It is lovely drop in , even for a short period of time. I am seizing the opportunity to share with you a technique I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,670    Replies: 13
"In mid Jan of this year I moved into a room in a house with 5 mates. The room i moved into used to be rented by another mate who's company offered him a pay rise and also agreed to pay..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,080    Replies: 44
" Ok... well this is a thread for you to voice your appreciationsand to start I'll say... I totally appreciate the mods and the search thingo in the toolbar... and hopefully there isn't ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,416    Replies: 51
"EDIT EDIT EDIT well this beautiful thread started as one thing but since someone recently already invited you all to list those little thigns that make you happy i thought of something ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,404    Replies: 12
"Honestly, I had never heard of him, BUT without him we wouldn't have what we have today......well I'm sure SOMEONE woulda thought of RPGs but ya know.....ok i'm done, discuss....board g..."
Views: 1,350    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,620    Replies: 18
"I have been getting increasingly nasty allergic reactions over the past few months, and there doesn't seem to be any obvious cause. It started out as my throat being a bit itchy (it wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,812    Replies: 144
"Yet another thing I'd like to gather views on. For all you Buddhists out there, do you think Buddhism is a religion or more a way of life?As a Thervadan Buddhist, I believe it is both...."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,557    Replies: 11
"Real story about a group of 1950's Russian skiers who die in the Ural Mountains. Linkies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_pass_accidenthttp://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/in..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,288    Replies: 18
"Just a friendly heads up after dealing with a friends death... please please don't mess with prescription medicine. Of all he drug abuse I've ever seen, it seems as though prescription ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,695    Replies: 25
"I just got aware of this... No matter what the outcome of the trial - in which 2 employees of PETA are charged with cruelty against animals in 31 cases - whether or not they are found g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,887    Replies: 74
"Is your dietary choice inflicting on your relationships?Would you (for example as a vegan) have trouble with your carnivore partner? Or would you as a omnivore have trouble with your ve..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,821    Replies: 67
"Hey there humans... enjoying '08? IN ADVANCE i'd like to apologise for the length of this, i hope you guys can bother getting through it all. lately i've been pondering on something you..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,091    Replies: 33
"So my mom called me last week in a big tizzy. She lost her passport just before a trip to Mexico (she found it) and then she lost her mobile phone (she found it). She's also been misp..."
Last Reply by
Views: 38,970    Replies: 120
"I've been using Yakumo for games, and online since I was 15, so.. lets just say over 10 years now I never really particularly liked or felt attached to the nicknames I'd been called by ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,572    Replies: 33
"tonight was a pretty crazy night...My name's Ken, I live in Dublin (Ireland) and I had a firespinning gig set up with my mates at a club called Pravda. We were spinning for an hour, on..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,267    Replies: 35
"So, er, me and my lady could well be moving to Sydney for 3-4 years in February/March time She's got a PhD offer at Macquarie University so we're looking at renting a flat/studio near t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,896    Replies: 9
"I think you'll all agree the man who led us into an illegal war against the wishes of the vast majority of EU citizens, ruining the national image of the UK in the process, should not b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,828    Replies: 11
"Having been involved in the latest HOP fire breathing thread and, noticing a thread with an invite for HOPers to have a look at the the nunchucking scene (http://www.freestyleforum) I h..."
Views: 660    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,988    Replies: 14
"What do you think of them?There's been a marathon of them on today, and I personally think they are awesome.I know a lot of people who hate them.I think they force performers to up thei..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,910    Replies: 6
"Hi, I'm a graduate student at Purdue University studying motion capture and gesture recognition and along with my love for POI i would like to focus my study towards visualization and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 16,180    Replies: 45
"ok search has been done on here and on google and i am still stuck.The man who runs Nuneaton juggling club is talking about putting me in a street entertainment competition? All i hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 178,681    Replies: 866
"ok so first read this http://www.venganza.org/ i mean really!!!! wtf?!?!?!?! i just cant get over how this is. *deep cleansing breath*ok so how is it that any educated person (..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,314    Replies: 67
"not sure if this will be interesting to any/many of you, but from my short time here, it seems that at the very least, quite a few of you are up for a good spiritual debate, if nothing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,212    Replies: 80
"Hey everyone, I came across this text over the internet and I thought I will share it with you cause : one : you're english speaking peopleand two : you seem very involved in "God" topi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,930    Replies: 35
"Last night I rush to the beach for sunset and arrive just in time, stop in front of the beach shack and look out on the ocean... "SUNSET PLEASE" was the impatiently annoyed shout I rece..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,866    Replies: 2
"Hey all,My mother wants to go to Thailand at the end of Feb (pref Koh Samui or somewhere equally idyllic) and do a 7 day detox/rejuvenation/health type retreat, and she wants to take me..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,736    Replies: 29
"To begin, of course, the title of this thread is a rhetorical question, i dont believe anyone in their right mind would.Since finishing highschool towards the end of last year, I began ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,036    Replies: 39
"Just thought I would get some more input on one of the projects I am working on in Thailand... circus workshops and play days for refugee kids...I want to get ideas that I may not have ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,017    Replies: 64
"I think everyone should watch a film called Loose Change about the disasterous falling of the twin towers on 11th September 2001 and the events leading up to it. This film has stirred ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,665    Replies: 1
"Bobby Fisher is dead. One of the most colourful figures of chess grandmasters died January 17th...RIP, Bobby - too bad in the later days you seem to have gotten bitter and lost in anti-..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,112    Replies: 43
"Has this ever happened to you?I was walking down Salamanca square to get a sandwich for lunch down at the bakery. And along the walkway was a man who looked probably in his late forty's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,748    Replies: 15
"Increasingly as time goes by I am becoming more and more worried about the standard of some fire performing products on the market and even non fire products, it is mainly at festivals ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,849    Replies: 9
"with tools like http://www.callthefuture.org/ popping up and the increasing tendency of people to put the details of the life online through blogs and social network, the increasing use..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,377    Replies: 26
"Same story, from a different angle.There I am sitting on the beach, just after new years. Fellow firespinner whines about how much he would love to light up his set of brand new poi... ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,513    Replies: 9
"I love mountains dot org Stop it, please..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter