Forums > Social Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Views: 658    Replies: 0
"Okays, Sorry for posting this in serious, i didnt want to put it in chat, but i guess its not an indepth debate...the samaritans are an amazing charity that support so many people...and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,475    Replies: 69
"SYDNEY, Australia - A 7-year-old boy broke into a popular Outback zoo, fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile and bashed several lizards to death with a rock, the zoo's direc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,307    Replies: 13
"Whilst dozing in the sun, for some reason I was thinking about mirror's and what angle they reflect (must have been half dreaming I don't know...). My dad answered the question explaini..."
Views: 943    Replies: 0
"After a year of idleness, I have caught the charity bug again! I am now working as an online merchant for Oxfam. We essentially enlisting items on eBay and other online systems and the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,892    Replies: 23
"I'm a fire spinner and I'm moving to australia in about two months.Is it legal to practice with an unlit staff in a public park or something?Can I spin a bo staff in public? Is that leg..."
Views: 1,488    Replies: 0
"What do people think about tactical voteing? As in voteing to remove a party from power rather then vote for who you want in power? Normally I spoil my ballot if theirs no one in my ri..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,643    Replies: 17
"Due to the Uk credit crunch and financial cuts in the company I work for, I sadly lost my job a few days ago. Was wondering if anyone else is now in the same position?Also - any tips on..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,729    Replies: 17
"So I gained about 25 lbs in residency. Wasn't happy about it at all.Today I was getting out of the shower and... I have six-pack abs. They're not ready for the underwear ad just yet, ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,754    Replies: 2
"I have just recieved an application pack at work which is part of the Government initiative to get people to ride to work to cut greenhouse emissions.all good, The plan revolves around ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,787    Replies: 6
" No wonder people think we're such jokes I've always been annoyed with the concept of Blue Collar, White Collar, etc.This was supposed to be a "Melting Pot" which has always b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 33,543    Replies: 129
"Google seems to overtake Microsoft on the fast lane... unfortunately not in regards of courtesy but in regards of spying on its users...Creating a full profile of me, based upon my brow..."
Views: 3,470    Replies: 9
"So I have a question for the physics dorks out there. Why do you need to build a larger and larger accelerator in order to achieve higher speeds?First, I understand that if a charged p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,299    Replies: 5
"I have created Fire Dance Information as a resource for anyone involved with or interested in the fire arts. Please,- Check it out- Let others know about it- Suggest listings, so that..."
Views: 3,675    Replies: 19
"I've had a chronic back problem for three years now, and i'm getting a bit fed up with it. i recently stumbled accross a book on alexander technique, and, upon discovering that my first..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,078    Replies: 70
"Racial tensions spark Sydney beach violenceSun Dec 11, 2005 1:20 PM ETBy Michael PerrySYDNEY (Reuters) - Racial tension erupted into violence on a Sydney beach on Sunday when around 5,0..."
Last Reply by
Views: 112,502    Replies: 382
"Hi there everyone,After a couple of requests, some consideration and my own rather curvaceous tangent on the thread for the Russian families of the school massacre… I decided to start..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,137    Replies: 39
"Well 2 days before I was moving into my new apartment for school I was spinning fire outside. Well someone decided it was a good idea to call the cops even though just about everyone k..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,117    Replies: 13
"So, this thread is a question for those with the knowledge to answer.I, and I'm sure many others, would like to know the history behind contact staff...Where it originated? How long ago..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,970    Replies: 7
"Happy News: Coca-Cola company is coming out with a new energy drink called "Burn" (odd name choice for something to go in the body..anyway)and, *squee*, I just returned from ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,586    Replies: 17
"Russia at war with Georgia - what is it good for?Just to put the spark out:Georgia has been a province/ state of the USSR itself and I somehow remember that when the confederation broke..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,630    Replies: 8
"It seems I suck at wasting time on the internet, thus I haven't been around HoP much in a very long time.I think some of the last things I posted about when I was more active was my tri..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,103    Replies: 7
"Hi Rougie,I recognise that there has been an atmosphere of hostility between us for a long, long time. Exchanges between us online are not pleasant to witness.The more i self observe, t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 906    Replies: 13
"Been in one for a while now. Feels much more normal then I thought... certainly all the advantages and disadvantages I am sure you can imagine. I value the opinions/friendships on here,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,064    Replies: 16
"Hello Pyro'sso been impressing some friends with the staff skills and now they want me to spin it up at there wedding!!!so wanna do something really special and thought it put it out to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,823    Replies: 2
"I haves a new phone number. If you think you ought to have it, and I didn't already tell you somehow, send me a PM and I'll give it to ya if I agree you ought to have it!Toodles!"
Last Reply by
Views: 801    Replies: 2
"I have a question about the stickies on the forums...When I go into the forum lists each day, my eyes pretty much jump straight over the stickies and onto new posts...now - I have just ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,409    Replies: 60
"In the wake of the Tibetan unrest it might be obvious that it's absurd to hold Olympic Games in China.  Written by : WikiSome international groups attempted to pressure the IOC to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 24,662    Replies: 223
"Last night, while I was completely sucking:"Do you study kung-fu?"...*shaking head*How 'bout you guys? Strangest thing you've ever been told while spinning or about your playing?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,511    Replies: 1
"Greetings,I'm looking for the talented poi spinners and hoop dancers from Venice who were at the Santa Monica Pier beach Thursday night (last night) who were out on the sand working wit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,564    Replies: 48
"I have started this thread to find out if there are any fire performers out the who would be interested in joining a voluntary contribution scheme,similar to 1%for the planet.The idea b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,554    Replies: 16
"I met up with some local performers today for a nice rehearsal/chat.Included in this was one of Wes Peden's teachers (he grew up the next town over from me) and Larry Moss (for those wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,928    Replies: 17
"Right you bunch of fuzzy thinking hippy idealists. It's time to stop pretending that that the world's problems are the result of some rich world conspiracy.Multinational coorperations a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,933    Replies: 10
"The UN has officially warned Labour about Freedom of Speech and Human Rights. WOO! it's nice to see that in oficialdom there are still people who think what our governments are doing is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,335    Replies: 47
"I am joining the U.S. Army and i have had many people ask me why from this site and i thought i would get it all out right here. I am joining the army because I would like to learn a jo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,300    Replies: 13
"So for uni I have to do this irritating as all hell unit called “perspectives on ageing’ and although I think the content is quite good 24% of our assessment is participating in the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,193    Replies: 5
"Sticking this in here as quite want to be rid of the stuff now, it takes up too much space!I've got about 4 25-litre drums of Shellsol D60 (Now called HCS D60) available.If anyone wants..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,653    Replies: 6
"Hi Guys,This is a great opportunity to support an excellent charity set up bya friend of mine without it costing you anything but 30 seconds ofyour time. I would encourage everyone to v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,837    Replies: 32
"So one thing I was really excited about in moving to SF was the urban composting program. Basically, you have a green bin. You put all your compostables in the bin and they pick it up..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,692    Replies: 7
"Hi all As some of you know I have been living in Cambodia for quite some time now.Recently in the area I am living in there have been a lot of my close friends kicked out of their homes..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,085    Replies: 13
"Hi everyone!I was wondering how many of you are naturally adventurous adrenalin junkies?I'm a naturally cautious person, so the idea of firetwirling isn't something I ever thought i'd d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,415    Replies: 66
"I'll be interested in hearing people's reactions to this one . Written by : VHEMT websiteVHEMT (pronounced vehement) is a movement not an organization. It's a movement advanced ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,049    Replies: 10
"I am currently poised at a "career" crossroads.Performing is going to cycle down in a couple months, as it always does in our winter which leaves me bored enough to take on a "normal" j..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,128    Replies: 9
"About two weeks ago i made an order for two books on this web site www.worldretailstore.com and it now seems like I have been taken in by a scam.They sent me an order confirmation and h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,516    Replies: 9
"Another giant leap for mankind!Huzzah! Finally NASA... after years of speculation."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,804    Replies: 10
"http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/30/frank.marijuana/index.html Written by (CNN-30 July 2008) -- The U.S. should stop arresting responsible marijuana users, Rep. Barney Frank sai..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,083    Replies: 12
"So I've been waiting since January to get an iPhone. No sooner than I was ready to buy it, the 3G model was announced. So I waited.I'm still waiting.Lines are still in excess of 3-4 h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,640    Replies: 5
"In this world of urban sprawl and obesity I want to draw people's attention to urban bike polo!http://www.bikepolo.ca/I'm by no means an organiser nor a top player, but I do play whenev..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,766    Replies: 8
"On Sunday night, we had the guys and girls from www.roadtripnation.com at HoP HQ recording an interview with Malcolm about how he got where we are today by following his dream. (They h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,789    Replies: 51
"So I have now worked as a physician in two different countries with nationalized, single-payer systems. These are the U.K. and Spain. In both countries, the system has its drawbacks a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,430    Replies: 11
"I'm having a bit of a crisis at the moment, and need a bit of support to just get me back in the swing of things, so to speak. A few weeks ago I got my first fire burn. I've been spinni..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter