Forums > Help!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,730    Replies: 3
"there are a few post on this put they are all pretty old I was wondering if some one could recommend a good edit software which can have quicktime files imported. I don't want to use wi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,386    Replies: 5
"(Preemptive apology if this is a common question)I was just wondering if certain fuels are less likely to singe your hair on brief contact. The only fuel I've bought so far is white gas..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,586    Replies: 1
"Hi there, I have made my own website, fireperformer.tk, currently on a free domain (reasoning behind the .tk) but I have been hard tried on getting people to visit. Ive done the face..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,349    Replies: 3
"So I'm about to purchase some Kevlar for my staff and poi.I have two options:1/16" thickness1/8" thicknessI know that in terms of cost, 1/8 is slightly cheaper because you onl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,845    Replies: 10
"I have LED poi that I got for Christmas, and my sister has an LED hoop. When the weather is good, we go outside on our driveway. She hoops, I poi. People always stop to stare, or scream..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,766    Replies: 2
"I know this sounds stupid, but I have tried searching for things and am just getting nothing back and it's really frustrating.Search for similar threads (cateye) Quick search. List top..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,551    Replies: 11
"2 things,1. I noticed the ignore function has been changed, you are no longer allowed the option to view posts from people you are ignoring. Which means I need to revisit my list 2. Why..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,807    Replies: 3
"Ok last saturday I had a performance, I was payed for fire poi, and asked to do fire breathing, and I did some fire eating. This is about the breathing part. I think some others thought..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,612    Replies: 20
"So here's my question...I've got a sweet poi set a friend of mine and I made, and recently put some of those screw shut carabiners on the end for a quick change out from fire heads to b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,510    Replies: 3
"My avatar won't show up...it met the 80x80 criteria...does anyone know what to do?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,065    Replies: 2
"Hi, Ive just started learning and I am wanting to know if there is anyone here that would like to get together to learn and have some fun with poi!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,157    Replies: 4
"I keep hitting myself in the face when I attempt to do a reverse butterfly does anyone know of a way I can protect my face because I want to get better but after a hit like that I feel ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,994    Replies: 5
"Hi AllI know this is a long shot, but does anyone own or know of any one who owns some land in the sussex area of the UK that would be willing to hire it out for a weekend wedding? I'm ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,708    Replies: 2
"Hey can someone check for me if Flowtoys' website is down again or if it's just my computer. I was on it just a little bit ago and now I went to order something and it won't load the pa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,175    Replies: 3
"so, its kinda annoying that the spell check wants me to always spell in American, is there a way to switch it off. I would rather make spelling mistakes than deal with international inc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,208    Replies: 8
"I've had this set for about a month and the handles haves stretched to the point that they're so thin where they go through my fingers I got massive blistering (trying to heal from, can..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,188    Replies: 7
"Hi ive recently made myself a fire staff.I used wooden dowel so the screws had something to bite.My issue is after a weekend of burning the dowell is burning away.Any solutions to this?..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,936    Replies: 2
"When buying just chains like http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-Pro-Series-Chain-Cords-w-Single-Loop-HandlesIt has total length as an option. In the FAQ it says total ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,672    Replies: 3
"Okay, I'm trying to utilize my old pro-series chains (the ones I'm in love with and are no longer available) by switching from the double handles they came with to the pro-series single..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,688    Replies: 7
"My poi broke not too long ago, so im in the market. Im not sure whether or not to get the ball chains or dog-type chains, any advice on that would be good. Im thinking about switching t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,642    Replies: 6
"I was trying to order new poi on here and the whole thing effed up, I checked my account and no charge had been made so I decided to retryWhen that effed up too I checked my account and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,555    Replies: 3
"I'm packing and gathering supplies for coalesce festival where I will be doing fire workshops for both poi and staff, my first performances after learning the choreography, and free spi..."
Views: 1,911    Replies: 1
"Not sure if this is the right place to post it, so if it's wrong, please move it to the appropriate section.Well last night I ordered some crystal cases and I logged out of the site aft..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,276    Replies: 8
"I was at a party on the weekend and a big group of us were fire spinning, i absent mindedly put my poi down to have a play with another toy and some fuckwitt picked them up and dropped ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,793    Replies: 15
"I apologise if posting external links is not permitted!These are the poi I'm talking about:'http://www.poipoi.info/shop/index.php?crn=255&rn=314&action=show_detail' or'http://ww..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,176    Replies: 23
"Okay I've been learning spiral wraps and btb weaves with the glow poi and just upgraded to fire tonight. The btb weave went well but the spiral wraps were SCARY AS HELL!!!! I think if I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,044    Replies: 11
"I haven't seen a topic on this yet but I need some information on flame clearance when spinning with fire. I'm very good at not whacking myself, but I might be a little too good at it w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,682    Replies: 15
"What is the least messy spin off procedure you know of or use? I've never done the general spin-off because I don't want to slick up the grass or get it on myself. Up until now I have b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,322    Replies: 14
"I just got my first Ultras. I have 10 Aqua, 10 orange, and 10 green (5min). And I have 10 15min yellow ones cause they were cheap.I got them in the mail and I have trouble figureing the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,945    Replies: 13
"Need a little help.I am "getting ready" to do my first fire spin (after a year and a half) but I had no experienced fire spinner to learn from. So it would be really great if ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 60,005    Replies: 60
"id like to find a fuel that has quite a long burning time, as ive found that parrafin just doesnt seem to last that long, all thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated thanx "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,033    Replies: 8
"Hey All, I bought a set of fire poi with the chains and so far Ive searched the internet and you tube and can only find videos and tutorials for people using stocking poi's and balls, n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,216    Replies: 7
"hey guysi wonder...i wanna busk on the street...BUT i want to have good sound...i dont know what to use, which kind of sound equipment..it also needs to be cheap...i m in holland..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,440    Replies: 2
"hello, i'm a new member here. I'm having a problem with my fire fans.They're the type that closes and opens and i have no control over it.Plus, there's no spinning whole for my finger i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,517    Replies: 19
"can anyone tell me if any clothes contain kevlar or any thing burnable like it and not on the internet i know of a hardware store and thats it not sure if they sell it"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,236    Replies: 7
"I nearly always practice spinning somewhere I can see my reflection (or shadow). Obviously having an external view of yourself is useful for honing moves and posture. However I've becom..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,246    Replies: 12
"I'm BRAND new to the forums, and I hope I'm not repeating someone else's topic, if I am please forgive me:)I was wondering if anyone knew how to create the "ring of fire" on t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,969    Replies: 34
"Ok, I plan on breaking up with my girlfriend, first girlfriend so this is why I think I need some advice. On Monday I plan on breaking up with her, I would love to get some alone time w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,519    Replies: 9
"I was wondering if anyone could advise me what I should be working on to advance past the basic beginners moves. I am fairly good at most of the basic moves, weaves, butterflies (inc b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,455    Replies: 3
"I think I've got it right, but it feels off. It's fluffy poi that I bought on this site.I stuck the loop of the cord through the loop on the head, and pulled the cord back through it's ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,303    Replies: 10
"So I was spinning at a friend's birthday party the other night when I fumbled and wrapped one of my poi around my arm. I got it off fast enough to avoid any serious burns, but when the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,394    Replies: 3
"Has anyone here ordered fire poi to the us/tx?it says it was shipped today and is estimated arrival is like 5/3/10.but is this correct or can i expect it sooner?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,522    Replies: 4
"Hey guys,I am a burlesque performer here for the London Burlesque Festival and I use a small amount of fire in my performance. I'm trying to locate a small amount of fuel for my show a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,583    Replies: 25
"I should like to start particing with fire poi for the first time.Does anyone have some tips or pointers??All advice thank you can give is welcome "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,223    Replies: 3
"SO .ive only been spinning for 2 weeks now , ive already lit them on fire (very successfully mind you) and today while walking to my friends house i was trying out some different stuff ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,775    Replies: 5
"Ive been spinning Sock poi and Glowstrings for about 9 months now and ive spun fire and loved it. My only thing is i dont know if it is worth it. Also, if i do but it when i string i us..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,616    Replies: 3
"S'up fellow nerds! Got another head scratcher for you.My main source of wireless is a BT Home Hub 2.0 (hereby referred to as HH) which is down the end of my house from my room. I'm sick..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,744    Replies: 4
"So I've been doing poi for almost 2 years now and I've gotten into contact juggling and rope dart as well. I've just recently gotten into teaching and performing and running events. I'm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,892    Replies: 10
"I always see these pictures of poi where people make a heart. How do you do this? I've been thinking for like an hour and I can't find it on youtube."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,065    Replies: 28
"First off-I did search this topic and didn't find anything. If there is already one similar, forgive me. Ok... So the weather is finally warming up where I live and I'm wanting to start..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter