Forums > Help!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,289    Replies: 3
"So, I'm trying to find a good priced, well made fire yoyo for my friend who is amazeing! at yoyo, I've had some leads on line but I thought I would check and see if any body has owned o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,327    Replies: 4
"Anyone know where I can get a Fire Yoyo? Looked in the shop here and didn’t see any.Spotted a normal one in a shop today and thought its been years since I’ve seen one of them. I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,498    Replies: 10
"OK, I know there has been a few threads on this subject but its been a few years now...Glow staffs for Contact moves... which is best!?AeroTech, Concentrate and Flow Toys seem to be in ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,010    Replies: 18
"I was wondering if someone here could point me to a resource that explains the different terminology in poi (ie: reels, planes, beats and whatnot). I've tried googling but I'm not comin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,298    Replies: 9
"hey all, headin out to ibiza in a couple of days, and been asked to do a show with my fire group in a hotel while we out there ...prob is we spossed to perform the night we arrive and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,687    Replies: 9
"I know exactly what different things can be done to take a signature without actually being there and signing in America... but I have no idea how to deal with this in the UK! I havn't ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,925    Replies: 1
"Okay..So I'm obviously a beginner with Fire Fans, and I've been trying to learn how to do the Inward Mexican Wave. But the wrist movements are going to be the death of me. xP Any sugges..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,168    Replies: 8
"So I have been fleshing for awhile. I open by lying on the ground and drawing a line down the profile of my body… etc…I have watched other acts and would like to close the fan act ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,337    Replies: 1
"Hi everyoneI'm about to build my own cylinder head firepoi.1. Can someone reccomend me a core material? I thought about an aluminum or stell shaft wiht hles to sew trough. 2. Will a Met..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,820    Replies: 5
"hiyai've just been talking to oze_qt on msn...and she hasn't been able to log in for ages!! what the beguck is going on mod-type-creatures?!just wondering why she wouldn't be able to lo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,232    Replies: 3
"So my flowtoys have been down for months, and I finally purchased two new flowtoys shell's (seen here).My question is how do I split the hollow shell apart to switch all of the internal..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,104    Replies: 26
"Today I'm having a few problems with the forums but mainly with the gallery. I just logged on and went to the gallery and it claim that I have no pictures in my gallery. Can anyone else..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,478    Replies: 4
"I just found out that when I made my order, I accidentally put my street name in lowercase, (US) will it still arrive?some say it will and others say it won't. I'm freaking out because ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,650    Replies: 2
"I'm a poi girl and have been doing it for a while now and my boyfriend would like to learn how to use a staff. I know nothing about Staffs so was wondering if anybody could give me a bi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,814    Replies: 3
"So I've watched the video on adjusting the flow leash loads of times but my brain isnt computing.It may be because I need to shorten the leash rather than lengthen it.It needs to be abo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,241    Replies: 10
"Hey there, here comes another noob. I also got a staff as a present and i really enjoy it! I'm getting the basics done smoothly and can get high speed already - due to my previous marti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,748    Replies: 3
"I'm new to all of this and just started spinning glowsticks the other night. I was wondering what sort of moves should I not even attempt with glowsticks because of the difference in we..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,502    Replies: 3
"hello, fellow spinners! I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about how best to transport a fire staff by bike. my staff is home made and so does not come apart in any way, and is about..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,392    Replies: 9
"heya,guys, do you know any shop in Europe I could get 2,0 mm oval twist chain? Sure it has to be welded for a safe spin. There are many shops offering 2,4 mm ones but they are WAY too h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,836    Replies: 3
"i am a side show freak and i have been touring with side shows and circuses in america for 7 years but i am cumeing back to scotland and want to do street shows.do i need a licence or c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,676    Replies: 3
"Just ordered my first poi and looking for a teacher in the Glasgow-Edinburgh corridor.Anyone know of any non wierdo types that may teach in the area?"
Views: 1,614    Replies: 0
"Hi there,My name is Tom and I am a volunteer for Noah's Ark Children's Hospice.At present, I am supporting the Family Support team with organising our Easter Family Day. Our Family Day'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,223    Replies: 8
"Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows any songs with beat changes, acoustic drums, sounds like something that could be in a drum circle, that would be nice to spin to?"
Last Reply by
Views: 14,402    Replies: 34
"I feel like I really really want to get into doing poi. I've made my own sock ones and I can do some basic moves but I (think) I'd like to buy some LEDS.However, I know I want to go ont..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,654    Replies: 27
"So i bought a pair of crystal case flowpoi and they are way to light, is one flowmass per poi enough? how much do they actuly weigh?i dont want to order just 2 then find out they are st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,716    Replies: 1
"Im getting ready to make a set of poi and im a little unsure of one thing. Im planning on making cathedral heads for them and wanted to use an eye bolt to attach them, but im not sure w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,603    Replies: 2
"Ok, I have looked all over the internet and can't seem to find out what the laws are for open flames in little five points in Atlanta. What would happen if I just started spinning fire ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,728    Replies: 14
"Hey Everybody! So I started poi early this past summer and am totally in love. I have a great teacher here in upstate NY and I also like to check out the videos here on HoP. The one thi..."
Views: 2,212    Replies: 0
"Ok, I'm thinking this winter I would love to save up some money for a pair of fire snakes. I know the design I want to use. I want to do a 4-plait round braid, with 1 or 2 circle stitch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 127,364    Replies: 151
"hoooboy. yes this post is long but hopefully rich and interesting and thought provoking. if you don't care about teaching people then don't toture yourself and skip it. it's taken forev..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,658    Replies: 2
"I am new, and wanted to help the community by posting a couple of rope dart vids because it seemed to me that it was lacking a couple of key wraps.I love poi and rope dart."
Views: 1,509    Replies: 0
"Hey All,Im travelling to Egypt and taking my fire gear with me.So how easy is it to find Kerosene, Calite and Pegasol 3440.And do they go by any other names.Thanks GuysFireSam"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,492    Replies: 1
"I ordered two pair of foxy sock poi. On got shipped on 17th octobre 2010(blue) and the other got shipped on 21th octobre 2010(hot pink). The one that was sended later came today and the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,860    Replies: 2
"hey all, just had a search, but"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,489    Replies: 9
"Has anyone got any ideas/suggestion for a bent Fire Staff.Its a Aluminium core 'monster' fire staffs (140cm long) with a purple grip fitted with oversized large wicks (100mm).It has bee..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,759    Replies: 4
"Anyone know where I can read the laws regarding fire arts laws in Australia (Staf, poi, fire eating & fire breathing?"
Last Reply by
Views: 14,344    Replies: 4
"does anyone know any recipes for foods that have litle to no smell a relative of mine has stage 4 lung cancer and is slowly starving because they cant eat hardly anything as his since o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,073    Replies: 3
"Hey guys, my torch poi are getting their inaugural run at this Saturday's fire jam and I have a spin-off bucket but I'm wondering if it's better to treat the torch poi as torches and ho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,515    Replies: 6
"okay i noticed there was another topic with the same name but i figured since all spinners are different, this deserved its own post. Okay so i have decided its finally time to spin fir..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,296    Replies: 13
"I was wondering if anyone buy chance knew where I would find one if such a thing exists?Im certain it does- I just wouldnt know where to even start looking>.<"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,802    Replies: 4
"Hi, I just have a quick question about the fire orb. How do I determine what legnth to order. Is it a shoulder width thing, or just preference? any input would be greatly appreciated."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,279    Replies: 3
"(Sorry if this is a repeat topic, didn't see one already up.)I have a pair of Dual Color Flags from HoP. I bought them this past June as my first (and currently only) poi. I desperately..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,584    Replies: 1
"I am running a coin hunt on campus, inspired by the early Mystery Hunts at MIT in a couple weeks.I have everything worked out (questions, permission, prize), but is there any chance som..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,903    Replies: 3
"Ok this really does not affect me in any way, but it makes me very curious and confuses me. Just a while ago because of prices I did not refill my can with my normal fuel mix. It's norm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,962    Replies: 1
"I saw someone a long time ago with a small led ball on a almost invisible wire, and it was amazing. however I cant find anything like it anywhere. anyone have an idea where i can find t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,268    Replies: 6
"Hello First post here, wasn't sure where to put it.. Meh, oh well I've been practising quite a bit, and have used my Fire Poi about 15 times since I received them, and since the beginni..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,735    Replies: 3
"I just received my poi order in the mail today and excitedly opened the package. Along with other gear, I bought LED Sock Poi. I removed the tab separating the batteries and tried to tu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,938    Replies: 17
"So, I got me 60 cm long stick and I wonder what to do next to make a levistick... Can somebody help me with this one?I would like to try levisticking, but I'd like to try and see if I r..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,740    Replies: 4
"Apologies if this is in the wrong place but didn't seem to fit in with the creating my own kit section.I've invested in a set of Nightburst Pro poi. Unfortunately the LED unit in one of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,217    Replies: 6
"Hello everyone! I bought some #10 swivels from the HOP shop (http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/No-10-Ball-Bearing-Swivel) when I built my poi and I love them but I noticed wh..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter