Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,512    Replies: 6
"how do u go about soaking the wicks on staff?? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,715    Replies: 1
"In the viedo section you have a clip of two people dancing poi, its the "christ church winter festival poi performance" i want to know does anybody know the name of that song ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,947    Replies: 3
"Time for you all to put your thinking caps on Do you know of any poi Courses that are held in London??Bam "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,971    Replies: 8
"what is the best way to video tape glowpoi?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,156    Replies: 5
"what is sparkly poi and how does it get sparklybecause i am thinking about spinning sparlky and well umm.... i am clueless "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,701    Replies: 1
"ok quick question... i cant get hold of any paraffin for this weekend but we've got some lamp oil here at home and i was wondering if that could work as well (or am i just being blonde..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,005    Replies: 1
"hey people..just a couple quick questions...ive been using my fire poi and wondered how to care for the wicks(interleave) after use...i use citronella fuel and cool them off after use w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,842    Replies: 10
" just asking all knowledgable londonites:i want a really nice pair of new wings. taking into account money. if anyone knows wheres a good place for buying them let me know...also ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,819    Replies: 2
" would like to make a staff,but not sure how! so is there any informed peeps out there that could give me some advice.cheersoh,also where can you get glow sticks from (for poi)but ..."
Views: 2,144    Replies: 0
"ok, for all those who don't know what the U.P. is in Michigan - it is a vast nothingness with people who have poor dental care and talk like Canadians (no offense to Canadians, i love t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,429    Replies: 1
"how do you soak a staff in fuel, and for how long?? "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,708    Replies: 6
"alright.. this is really getting to me.. i can do moves like the forward weave and the windmill and chasing the sun (only been spinning for less then a month) and i cannot do the butter..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,392    Replies: 6
"Hello everyone. I have been trying for the longest time to do the onehanded betterfly but when I slip tyhe left hand on the the right hand, my poi tangle and start going in the same dir..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,473    Replies: 2
"How do I?? Call me dumb or whatever, but I can't figure it out.Heeeeeeellllppppppp..... "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,673    Replies: 1
"I am having problems with my POI going out way way 2 soon. right now I'm using a 2/1 ratio of lamp oil and 100% kero. Could anyone please tell me what the use and how long it lasts. ..."
Views: 1,906    Replies: 1
"what's a fire whip and how can you make one?? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,394    Replies: 8
"Hi all!I'm fairly new to poi, (six months spinning) and not really up to spinning with flame yet. I am having great sucess with glowsticks tho! But, i could really use some tips on taki..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,034    Replies: 3
"I just bought some fire POI and was wondering (if i use colman fuel) how long will the fire last on the POI, before the wicks start to become injured. Basically asking, how long can i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,447    Replies: 4
"Hit my head so hard trying to do the Alternate butterfly yesterday, I almost knocked myself out .The poi keep hitting my ass and sometimes my head when I twirl them over my shoulder..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,146    Replies: 2
"ah, bah at me, i was too lazy to search.my (new) fire poi (cathedral style wicks) don't seem to burn very evenly. some parts are blacker than others, and some are barely burnt. Us ther..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,898    Replies: 3
"Hi!I am searching for the weights that you use for making flags, anyone know where i can buy them in or near Camden/Kentish Town?Thankyou, you funky people!CheersAxis."
Views: 3,111    Replies: 5
"I was watching the staff movies and i watched the first on and the short staff with the lights on the end.The ones that light up when you move them..it had said see shop so I clicked o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,320    Replies: 2
"What's a monkey fist not, how are they used??Also, I've done poi using lamp oil and I'm interested in trying kero or coleman's, which is better any suggestions?? "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,156    Replies: 15
"quite new too poi,but find my chains,too heavy and cumbersome.i am only a little person,and the poi i use are homemade,chains attached to a metal tube with the kevlar wrapped around(hop..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,011    Replies: 3
"I am having trouble sourcing a company that will insure me for fire performing, i am up for renewal and my current brokers have just stopped doing it!Seems like some cowboy messed it up..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,869    Replies: 3
"I finally took my comet poi out to the rave club here in Red Deer... i noticed the entire thing is not uv reflective.. the green glows just fine.. the blue doesn't at all.. would it be ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,871    Replies: 6
"which is the best to use?what is the difference between them?which is the lightest?any info.cheers trickenxx**************************************************onwards,upwa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,335    Replies: 8
"Morning!i was just wondering if anyone has tried to sew kevlar wick? I want to try and need some thread suggestions. all i can think of is to use wire. can anyone help please?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,024    Replies: 1
"I'm going out on the road soon and want to keep practicing since I'm just starting out. I really can't afford to keep buying glowsticks and practicing without some sort of light isn't v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,600    Replies: 5
"Halo my darlingsright i'm wondering, i adore my staff but i want to introduce something new into my stuff (i dont have an act lol!)so i was wondering about the above two. I have done un..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,759    Replies: 2
"This may sound daft, and the answer is probably buried here somewhere, but how do I get all the residue and soot off my poi?Hope you're all good,A"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,624    Replies: 1
"hi,I am looking for anyone who knows poi in my area I learned Amsterdam and Spain most the people I know have never even heard of Poi. I would like someone to share infor with.KERRI"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,643    Replies: 6
"Could any one tell me of any place that sells wick in the UK I'm having troble getting itThank you"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,480    Replies: 1
"I'm a bit confused as to the purpose of this subtopic. Was it's original intent to be for those who need help with the site? Because that's what it looked like from the instructions. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,248    Replies: 4
"I'm looking for a couple of belly dancing fire eaters and a swordswallower - any around on this board?I've got a work opportunity for someone in Sydney if anyone's interested......Drop ..."
Views: 2,710    Replies: 2
"As if my subject heading doesn't give it away I would like to know where the link message board is to be found."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,192    Replies: 6
"The hardest part of spinning poi as a beginner, I think, is how to move the hands/wrists. How is it done? I watched the video (on this site) tons of times, but I just can't seem to figu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,743    Replies: 5
"HiI am using Poi Chains and would like to know how i can make my tails longer. On the website photos, the fire tails of the performers are really long.Kind RegardsTheuns"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,667    Replies: 2
"well, it looks like I may be ending up with my first paying gig!I was wondering what sort of things I need in the contract as far as liability goes (if I'm allowed to use fire), and any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,760    Replies: 1
"HiI don't seem to get a really long fire tail when using my kevlar poi chains. I dip the wicks in paraffin and then light them, but when swinging, i can't seem to get a very long tail...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,735    Replies: 4
"You have no idea how much I love this toy. The effects are incredible, the staff is so durable I could back over it with my car. One problem being, the LED's are not so durable. From..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter