Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Views: 1,248    Replies: 0
"Please help me with this"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,709    Replies: 4
"hey guys, i'm gettign desperate, i don't even know by what name i start searching.i saw an isane video long time ago about this toy, it's like a stick who glows too, like some pois, but..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,204    Replies: 3
"Hi guys,I recently bought a pair of wrapsta contact poi. This is my first pair, and I'm quite new to poi. I'm having trouble controlling my planes when attempting a 3-beat weave with th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,691    Replies: 1
"I was wondering if there were state or regional specific boards and if so where I could find them. I am organizing a spin jam in central NJ and would like to be able to get the word out..."
Views: 2,929    Replies: 6
"Hi guys. I am having some trouble with my avatar, it only show up as a red x. I have tried al lest 10 different avatars for 50x50pixels to 100x100. I know HOP says that they only allow ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,005    Replies: 3
"Hi, I'm looking into setting up a fitness/exercise class using/teaching poi but I have no idea where to start.Ideally I'd like to put some sort of course together with maybe a taster se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,311    Replies: 7
"I have looked around your site, and I have read the fire breathing safety article that you posted, as well as quite a few questions by your members; however I still have some questions..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,376    Replies: 17
"hello friends.i'm looking (see: hoping) to be able to do juggling/poi performances as a modest part time gig in the next year or so. this is mainly to give me motivation/rewards for pra..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,050    Replies: 2
"Today I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hnBMCrr05PgSomebody knows, how to make this effect? I think that is new ide..."
Views: 2,314    Replies: 0
"Hey guys.I have just been to see an orthopaedic regarding pains in my right shoulder i have been having for more than two months now, and it turns out I probably have a torn ligament (t..."
Views: 2,954    Replies: 0
"I'm an 18 year old performer who up until now has gone by my actual name. I'm about to do a BIG county fair as a MAIN STAGE performer! I'm so stoked! The problem is that they want a sta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,150    Replies: 2
"So I've read throughout the forums on spinning methods to remove excess fuel from wicks, however, I was curious about this "blotting method." I bought my brother a fire footba..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,844    Replies: 2
"Hi all,We're getting hitched in December and was thinking doing a fire walk would be good entertainment for afterwards so we're trying to find someone that does that kind of thing A..."
Views: 2,425    Replies: 0
"I have a friends wedding coming up on 20 April in Chintsa (about 20-30 mins from East London) and I'd like to surprise the couple with a fire show, but something really impressive with ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,908    Replies: 3
"Hey everyone im trying to refresh my glow poi collection right now and im looking for a pair of led poi with the biggest WOW factor. options that i've considered are Hyper lights, Ninja..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,473    Replies: 3
"Hey all. My first post Im looking for a good fire eating fuel, like colemans stove fuel. Iv been looking all over the place and just cant find it anywhere. I live in Auckland new zeala..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,196    Replies: 2
"Aloha all!Did my first burn with fire fans this afternoon. What a thrill! Question: how do I "spin off" the extra fuel after soaking. I tapped the wicks on the side of the fue..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,741    Replies: 6
"Hello all! I've been spinning poi for about 3 months with a friend. I am heading back to University and thus will not be around him. He has a set of poi that has a very solid weight to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,082    Replies: 9
"I would love to know where could i buy stilt walking costumes for poweraisers....any idea?????Thank you guys!!Mike.c"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,791    Replies: 6
"I've only just made my sock poi but watched many video's. Looks so much easier than it really is, even the basic moves. I learn things ok, even though I am no youngster. Learn't to ice ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,678    Replies: 1
"Hi, This is a 'what would you do' kind of question.I'm a UK fire poi spinner, I'd like to start performing. I'm also a designer maker of all sorts including fabric poi.I need public lia..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,700    Replies: 4
"Can I bring basic poi and devil sticks (non fire) as carry on? I will be flying on Air Canada to Cancun, Mexico. Thank you!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,582    Replies: 2
"I use LED nunchucks and I am wondering what the process is for, say, busting them out at a club. I know I can just go anywhere and pull out my LED poi, but will some clubs consider this..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,087    Replies: 1
"I have specific questions I haven't been able to ask a real person and haven't found in any articles.1. What kind of container do you fuel your wick in, metal, glass, plastic?2. How muc..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,315    Replies: 2
"I'm looking for some really heavy fire poi heads but I'm having trouble finding any that weigh even 1 pound. I prefer extremely heavy wicks, usually cathedral style, and I have a couple..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,503    Replies: 15
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYmjbSWLNBUis anyone know how to do this effect?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,972    Replies: 1
"Hi! I am looking at buying my sister some poi gear for Xmas, but have no idea what to buy. She has never done it before. What would you suggest? I would prefer to buy some decent equipm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,836    Replies: 4
"Hello!Ive been poing for about 7 uears and have the skill to preform but am kind of confused:The question is whats the duration of a "profesional" (and by that i mean - 'one t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,466    Replies: 7
"Hello all ^_^ I had a question between the silicone and wooden ball handles. I'm switching from my 2 finger loops to a ball set but was wondering if anyone could give me pointers or a p..."
Views: 2,686    Replies: 0
"G’Day from Central Hawke’s BayFire Twirling Group or Person(s)WantedI am trying to locate a fire twirling group or person(s) who may be interested in displaying their art form for 1..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,989    Replies: 1
"Hello everybody, I found this website after a google I made looking for "best fuel for fire batons". First of all I never realized that this art form you call "poi" ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,237    Replies: 3
"I recently received a set of Flowlights with crystals cases and Colecords. I was spinning a few days ago and I must've hit them against a wall or something because the purple light went..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,650    Replies: 1
"Hi all! For some strange reson I can do orbitals (accidentally started doing them when practising hyperloops/airwraps), but no airwraps nor hyperllops. If watched many tutorials, but I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 53,374    Replies: 109
"Is it safe for me to do a spiral wrap with K-1 kerosene without a kevlar sheath covering the metal parts at the end, I'm more concerned with doing one while whirling and do it above my ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,459    Replies: 5
"Just wonderin, when i spin off, is it likely that the trails on the ground , or that the excess fuel that falls on me will catch?"
Last Reply by
Views: 10,180    Replies: 1
"I'm trying to find something to use as fuel for my fire poi and I found a chart showing kerosene/ paraffin/ white gas comparisons. Am I able to mix paraffin oil with kerosene to use as ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,677    Replies: 7
"Newbie here, iv been playing poi for about 4 years. Taught by an ex boyfriend who is no longer around to teach and help me move into fire. There are no classes or groups that are closer..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,333    Replies: 3
"Hi, am a beginner and looking at buying 2 pairs of Ninja pois, I live in the UK and cant seem to find them anywhere, any ideas?If i ordered them on here, how much will it cost inc del..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,273    Replies: 5
"Hi there I am a teaching student in new zealand and I need to know a few metaphors relating to poi.Can any one help me out? Thanks "
Last Reply by
Views: 23,063    Replies: 6
"Heya Guys!I really want to get into Levistick work to use in my Street Shows and on Stage, but I'd really like to make my own.I currently have a 895mm piece of dowel, and I am just not ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,701    Replies: 11
"Just wondered if anyone in the uk knows of where i can buy flame retardant spray and the like. I live just outside Sheffield, so if anyone in this area knows that would be really helpfu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,409    Replies: 5
"I am having problems looking at any page past the first page on the forums. I see the links in the top and bottom of each page. its says 1|2|3|4|etc...|>| and when i click page two o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,427    Replies: 1
"I've been looking into fire breathing lately, I understand it is very dangerous! I have not convinced myself yet that I am brave enough to do such a thing. The one biggest problem I hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,208    Replies: 2
"I wanted to buy my boyfriend fire poi for his birthday. He is already fairly adept with his led poi, but has expressed an interest in moving on to fire. He has used his cousin's before ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,908    Replies: 1
"I have a few questions, namely about locating an instructor in my area."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,250    Replies: 2
"Hello! I have been spinning poi for about a year and a half now. I have tried to get a class on the Costa Rica lessons with Nick Woosley, but i couldn't because I'm 13. If anybody knows..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,484    Replies: 1
"Hi everybody,Does any one know where I could find clothes made of cotton retardant in sydney ? or if you know any good shop online (or in sydney) where they sell fabric we can use to ma..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,687    Replies: 2
"I have a fire staff and have been using it for a year now. I was wanting to try and start learning contact staff tricks. I was wondering what length and weight would be good for someone..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,347    Replies: 1
"That was scary and thank god for fire saftey equipment. Never spin without water and a fire extinguisher. While spinning I just had the flame head of my fire poi break off the eye bolt ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,679    Replies: 3
"I've been spinning fans for a few months now I have tried several different ways. Applying fuel to my fans but none of them are quite efficient enough for me as of now I use a mason jar..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter