Forums > Help!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,024    Replies: 3
"I've been trying for a month now to figure out what the name of this fan move is, its hard to explain so I found it in a video. Can someone please watch this and tell me the name or how..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,872    Replies: 1
"Helloo!First post here and typically it's a question I predict the community will be able to answer very quickly, just havn't found the answer anywhere else yet...Pretty simple/stupid s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,303    Replies: 2
"Hi everyone,Im new to these forums and i have tried to find spinners in Christchurch through these forums but cant find a recent one. Im hoping to learn staff (I have basic poi) and wou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,897    Replies: 1
"What do people think? Are 23mph wind speeds too high for a fire jam, which I'm planning for this Sunday?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,979    Replies: 2
"Hello Helpful Forum Denizens!Instead of buying the complete set of LED Poi, I thought it would be more fun if I was able to assemble it myself. I just wanted to make sure that I had all..."
Views: 1,935    Replies: 0
"Looking for some fire buddies living near gosport and Portsmouth any1 interested? Xxx"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,978    Replies: 1
"Hello everyone,First of all, it's my first time posting here, and I'm proud to say that a long time ago, I used to swing poi a little bit, and I learned it all from the videos from HoP...."
Views: 4,746    Replies: 0
"I am starting to play around with tosses and throws -- my double finger loops have got to go. However, I am curious if there is a higher community preference between Silicone and wood ..."
Views: 2,168    Replies: 0
"HelloCan anyone recommend an insurance company in the UK who cover fire performance and circus workshops? I've used Towergate in the past but the quote I've just received was a little h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,656    Replies: 1
"I recently invested in some Helix UltraLights (the stick LEDs). I am having some difficulty navigating through the different settings and unfortunately the guide that it came with isn'..."
Views: 1,826    Replies: 0
"Hi all,I'm posting this on behalf of a friend but I was wondering if anyone knows of somebody who does fire poi lessons in the Warwickshire area to help them learn some new moves/tricks..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,693    Replies: 1
"If anybody spinning near Cleveland Ohio USA sees this post I would like to meet you. I have only met one other person spining poi in my area at the beach and have lost contact. Birds of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,969    Replies: 1
"HI guys!I'm new here and I really want to try fire eating,but I don't have the slightest idea which fuel I should use...People recommend different fuels,and I can't decide...which fuel..."
Views: 2,081    Replies: 1
"Hi, I've been having a problem where my glow poi turns off mid use and I was wondering if anyone else has a solution to this problem. I've had them for four years but both have new bat..."
Views: 4,575    Replies: 0
"Okay so I jumped in head first and have been eating fire with the stuff that I bought from 3 worlds for spinning. (please don't caps-yell at me :- )What should I be using to eat fire? C..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,276    Replies: 1
"hello guys i was just wandering what cords should i use with the led poi ball and if ninja cords could be used, the reason is that the ropes usually used with led poi balls are thin and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,740    Replies: 1
"Ok ladies and gents. I need much assistance. I have been putting off making an actual purchase on any poi in general. Instead I have just been going the cheap tennis ball route. But I b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,621    Replies: 3
"So... This is the situation. I'm doing a show for my school and I've never performed by myself before. (I used to be in a cheer team) Anyway... Is there anything that I should expect? A..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,193    Replies: 1
"My pod poi seems to be having kinetic awareness problems. It does not go through the mode unless I am spinning very hard. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?"
Views: 2,467    Replies: 0
"I was just wondering if any one here has ever tried to use an alcohol based gel as fuel for any of their poi? The kind I mean is like the stuff you see placed under food trays at catere..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,329    Replies: 4
"Im starting to learn air wraps and no mater what i do it always turns into a orbital. I havnt learned how to do orbitals yet so its not mussal memory interfearing. Any advice to help ke..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,106    Replies: 7
"Everything Ive found is incredibly over priced..and I havent even found Fire Buu Geng..."
Views: 1,565    Replies: 0
"My names Parker im from Blue Springs and i want a experienced fire poi spinner around the first time i spin fire. Ive been spinning the unlit poi for a while but i still want someone t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,855    Replies: 1
"namaste poi masters!picked up my poi today for the first time since I got them, been trying to master the butterfly.i can't seem to spin with my palms up and i was wondering if i was ho..."
Views: 1,905    Replies: 0
"Namaste poi masters! I am having trouble with my led poi as I cannot seem to spin with my palms up ? Trying to the 'the butterfly' and the video is saying to have palms facing upwards b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,636    Replies: 2
"Hi, Im looking into buying a new set of pois. I'm a beginner and I dont want to spend too much on my first set but would really love to be good at poi. Which is better to start: http://..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,668    Replies: 1
"Hey all. I'm new to here and I was just wondering if you could help me out. I'm currently living in Thailand and was looking to buy fire Poi equipment. Anybody know of a good place to p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,893    Replies: 2
"Hey, I want to buy a pair of contact poi. But I have no idea what kind of size is good for a beginner,100, 80,72? Or some people suggested to me to make 90mm. Any help on this? Thanks ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,666    Replies: 3
"Hi guys, I'm buying my first pair of fire poi soon, and I was looking at some of the products here, and a question came to mind. One I could not find an answer too. When selecting the c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,695    Replies: 1
"So I purchased the fire blanket from HOP. It is very heavy (but not why I am posting). The packaging states to discard after use. ???? When ordering I thought I was getting somethin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,937    Replies: 2
"what is the best fuel for indoor juggling? and where i can find it? thx!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,760    Replies: 4
"Hello fellow spinners!! My name is Kyle, and I am first and foremost a performer at heart. Recently, my life has taken a few dramatic turns and long story short, I've decided I wish to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,186    Replies: 1
"i just bought a set of v4 from a market stall and on returning home i've found one of them won't light up. it flashes briefly and nothing else happens. i've swapped batteries from the w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,362    Replies: 12
"Hi, I was wondering about podpoi. I have only used them once and I was thinking about ordering a pair for a Christmas present to myself. Are they really as good as HoP and flowtoys mak..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,409    Replies: 2
"Does anyone else have problems with weather? Like when it gets too cold out, when it gets too hot out, if its too windy, if its not too windy... etc. What do you think good poi weather ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,023    Replies: 2
"I've read and heard in numerous places that poi moves can be used with fans. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, what are the easiest moves form poi to do with fans?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,561    Replies: 2
"Does anyone have any ideas or tips on when using fire fans, the upper arm and finger/hand pains that come along with it? I just started 3 weeks ago or so, and I noticed when I practice ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,836    Replies: 1
"hi, im looking to make some fire poi heads and want to know what the easiest and cheapest to makethanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,426    Replies: 2
"Well, I have spun fire one handed a total of three times. I made the poi myself they worked alright, however I finally have enough money saved and looking to get my first real set. I ho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,458    Replies: 3
"I have tried doing a topic search but cannot seem to find the information I'm looking for:I'm interested in getting myself a pair of HOP oval chain link fire poi, but would like advice ..."
Views: 3,009    Replies: 0
"Hey guys! I hope you can help me, I am really desperate. I am a student at Ramapo College of New Jersey and I want to spin fire on campus, which I must have a permission for. Can anyb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,502    Replies: 10
"ok, so my friend sue wanted us to be on the up and up with doing fire spinning performances in public in maryland and started calling around to see if there were any other permits we mi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,321    Replies: 3
"I just received my first fire fans in the mail, the basic 5 finger fans. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for a beginner."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,318    Replies: 1
"Is there a list of tricks and manipulations sorted by "prerequisite" and difficulty ANYWHERE on the net?There is for penspinning, there is for just about anything else, but I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,872    Replies: 2
"Hey everyone! Im not sure if im the only one thats encountered this problem so far but every time i proceed with my cart and click "Pay with credit card" or ANY of the options..."
Views: 2,827    Replies: 0
"I'm just getting into poi spinning and would like to get a set of contact poi. What I'm wondering is whether or not I should use a poi head with a swivel? I'm planning on getting either..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,597    Replies: 3
"Hi all,I've recently stumbled on Poi after starting to learn Rope Darting. I'm interested in picking up some to learn how to do some tricks as it seems very fun. I'm very clueless as ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,036    Replies: 1
"i bought the new stealth ninja v3s. i love em. only problem is im used to spinning contact poi and the weight on the ninja just isnt doin it for me. i really dnt wanna just glue a bunch..."
Views: 2,011    Replies: 0
"I am going to use homeofpoi's eyebolts (the set of eyebolts) and i am gunna fold my own cathedral wrap head and i was wondering would it be best to use 2ft of kevlar per head or 4ft of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,823    Replies: 2
"When they say you can harden kevlar for cathedral wrap poi with school glue how do you do that?"
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter